Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 3:09:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll add a 5th request for an MPX report.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 5:39:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Looking forward to a breakdown of the MP5 series guns.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 5:46:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/My-experiences-with-high-round-count-HK-s-and-HK-clones/9-476802/
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 4:09:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Good to hear about the Century UZI, I have one. Should last my life time doubt I will ever get to 20k rounds fired.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 8:01:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/My-experiences-with-high-round-count-HK-s-and-HK-clones/9-476802/
And im even subscribed to that thread. 
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 10:59:57 AM EDT
[#6]
My experience with full auto MPX rental guns (I'm a 07/02 and have converted a ton) is the weak link of the system is the piston. Sig vehemently denies it, but the only part of the guns we ever have to service is the piston. we get slivers of jacket material and ton of carbon buildup, and if they aren't serviced fairly regularly, the piston will seize up preventing it from going into battery.

We literally take the guns apart, clean the piston, then put them back together without needing to service any other part of them.

We don't go through ammo at the same rate as BFV, but our oldest has over 30k on it and is still going strong.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 1:43:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
My experience with full auto MPX rental guns (I'm a 07/02 and have converted a ton) is the weak link of the system is the piston. Sig vehemently denies it, but the only part of the guns we ever have to service is the piston. we get slivers of jacket material and ton of carbon buildup, and if they aren't serviced fairly regularly, the piston will seize up preventing it from going into battery.

We literally take the guns apart, clean the piston, then put them back together without needing to service any other part of them.

We don't go through ammo at the same rate as BFV, but our oldest has over 30k on it and is still going strong.
View Quote
How often are you having to clean the MPX?  Have you changed the barrel on the MPX with 30,000 rounds on it?
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 2:44:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Any range data on 9mm ARs (Colt SMG, Rock River Arms, etc.)?

Anecdotally, I've heard the extractors can be a weak point. Haven't put nearly enough rounds through mine to test that theory.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 7:28:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

How often are you having to clean the MPX?  Have you changed the barrel on the MPX with 30,000 rounds on it?
View Quote
We don't let them get to more than ~1,500 rounds between cleaning the pistons. The other parts of the guns we clean when the crud gets really thick. We have not replaced any barrels yet.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 11:51:18 PM EDT
[#10]
tag for cz
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 9:08:06 AM EDT
[#11]
@hendersondefense Just tagging him to remind him we're still here.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 7:18:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Also interested in MPX.
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 12:31:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Give up your secrets! I must know
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 8:45:32 PM EDT
[#14]
To all the MPX shooter here,

Keith Garcia shot the Lucas Oil PCC Championship match this past weekend and posted this on IG.

"I've learned that PCC is the hardest gun I've shot to keep running and avoid penalties. I do love shooting this MPX"

When asked "What other problems did you have with the MPX?"

He replied "You have to change all the small parts on the bolt"

The only small parts on the bolt is the extractor and the extractor pin.

I only have 900-1000 rounds on my MPX from Steel Challenge and USPSA matches and I've not had any issues.
I'm sure Keith has thousands of rounds thru his MPX so he would know more than I.

I wish he'd been more specific about what his issues were.

Hoping the OP can provide more specifics on the MPX.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 10:00:06 AM EDT
[#15]
No extractor issues with our MPX machine guns. They seem to be tuned well from the factory.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 11:11:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
When asked "What other problems did you have with the MPX?"

He replied "You have to change all the small parts on the bolt"

The only small parts on the bolt is the extractor and the extractor pin.
View Quote
I saw that and wondered if he was talking about the entire bolt carrier group.  I'm on my 3rd firing pin on my MPX.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 1:34:12 PM EDT
[#17]
3 firing pins? Geez how many rounds
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 10:25:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
I broke the first one in the first 500 rounds.  The second went a little after the 5K mark.  Sig sent me a new bolt carrier with a spring on the firing pin and that one has been fine so far.  I am running a Hiperfire 24c which may be contributing to the breakage.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 12:53:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Bit of an OP let down here... :(

I'm pretty sure they don't have any, but I'd love to know about high round count B&T APC9.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 6:29:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I broke the first one in the first 500 rounds.  The second went a little after the 5K mark.  Sig sent me a new bolt carrier with a spring on the firing pin and that one has been fine so far.  I am running a Hiperfire 24c which may be contributing to the breakage.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's interesting because he first time I took my MPX apart to clean it I discovered there wasn't a firing pin spring in mine. The booklet clearly showed a spring for the firing pin.
My first thought was it was still in the bolt, then maybe that it had escaped and it didn't notice.
So after searching for something that didnt exist I called Sig and they told me the new MPX did not have a spring on the firing pin.
The pin was there for models sold to LE/MiL that insisted on it to meet their criteria.

Mine has been fine without it. Like I said I have approx 900-1000 rounds thru it so far.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 8:47:13 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

That's interesting because he first time I took my MPX apart to clean it I discovered there wasn't a firing pin spring in mine. The booklet clearly showed a spring for the firing pin.
My first thought was it was still in the bolt, then maybe that it had escaped and it didn't notice.
So after searching for something that didnt exist I called Sig and they told me the new MPX did not have a spring on the firing pin.
The pin was there for models sold to LE/MiL that insisted on it to meet their criteria.

Mine has been fine without it. Like I said I have approx 900-1000 rounds thru it so far.
View Quote
Well that's BS, because my less than a month old MPX has a FP spring.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 2:53:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, I believe they updated the design to include the spring somewhere during the gen 2 production.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 6:46:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Every MPX I've seen has a FP spring.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 10:13:52 PM EDT
[#24]
I think somebody has forgotten something...............
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 1:15:01 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just telling you what Sig told me.

ask them....and get back to us.  

I've made the call already.

Sig Sauer Product Service (603) 610-3000 ext 1

I've had no issues without it. I've shot Steel Challenge and USPSA with it every month since I bought it.

Gen1 has the spring. Gen2 did not. Now the newest Gen2 have the spring.

Clear as mud?

Like I said call Sig.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 2:25:54 AM EDT
[#26]
Nice to see a little input on the MPX.
I'm hoping OP comes back to this thread his posts are awesome.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 9:22:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Add another one to the MPX.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 4:26:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Thanks for your threads, very informative.
View Quote
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top