Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/17/2017 12:17:24 PM EDT
Ok so this weekend I traded a 229 and some cash for a Gen II MPX.

It came with a little funcky QD rail attachment from Sig but no idea how it works any idea? It looks to flimsy to take any sort of load.

Secondly do Gen I mags work reliably in the Gen II guns?

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 1:59:17 PM EDT
[#1]
The QD sling mount does look flimsy, but once you install it on the top rail towards the front and tighten it down, it is rock solid.  It is completely optional, but this gives you the flexibility of using a two point sling instead of a single point attaching to the rear of the receiver under the sliding brace. adapter.  

Gen 1 mags do work in Gen 2 guns, but Sig does recommend Gen 2 for more reliability.    

For back up sights, I recommend the Magpul MBUS Pros.  They are well built and very low profile.   They fold nice and flat.  

It is nice that the new ones have the option of coming with the retractible brace from the factory and saves you having to shell out an additional $200 bucks.  

Welcome to the MPX club.

Link Posted: 7/17/2017 2:13:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The QD sling mount does look flimsy, but once you install it on the top rail towards the front and tighten it down, it is rock solid.  It is completely optional, but this gives you the flexibility of using a two point sling instead of a single point attaching to the rear of the receiver under the sliding brace. adapter.  

Gen 1 mags do work in Gen 2 guns, but Sig does recommend Gen 2 for more reliability.    

For back up sights, I recommend the Magpul MBUS Pros.  They are well built and very low profile.   They fold nice and flat.  

It is nice that the new ones have the option of coming with the retractible brace from the factory and saves you having to shell out an additional $200 bucks.  

Welcome to the MPX club.

http://soldiersystems.net/blog1/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/IMG_4732.jpg
View Quote
Thank you for the reply. Seeing it on the gun makes sense now. I'll add that to the gun.

I do want some more Gen II mags for a potential caliber change in the future.

That said, have you used Gen I mags and have you had any issues with them?
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 3:07:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I have tried a friends Gen 1s and they worked fine.  But after doing some research and looking at the side by side comparison, the feed lips on the Gen 2 look longer and a little more solid to me.   So I decided to pay the extra money and buy some Gen 2 mags.  

Back when I bought my MPX Gen 2, they came with a Sig coupon for 20% your order.  I got a triple mag pouch and three Gen 2 30 round mags like what you have pictured for a decent price.  I also got 10 30 rounders in a package deal from Preppers Gun Shop when they had it for a per mag price of $39 each(gen 2).  So that was a great price for Gen 2 and I haven't seen them that cheap since.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 7:08:03 PM EDT
[#4]
when i originally got my mpx i ordered an additional (2) gen2 mags when they were on sale somewhere. last few months there have been crazy sales on the gen 1s so i sold all remaining gen 2's but one. i use both gen 1 and 2 and havent had a problem. the gen 1's are good to go in my opinion. i got a total of (7) gen1 mags and i use all of them at the range. they work great.

i wish someone made a straight mag. that would look very slick on an mpx
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 11:23:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Sig's official response is that the Gen2 mags are designed for the caliber conversion kits. If you eventually get a 40 or 357 upper, run only genII mags in that config. If you are sticking with 9mm, you are gtg.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 11:25:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
i wish someone made a straight mag. that would look very slick on an mpx
View Quote
I my opinion, the 20 rounders look super slick in the MPX.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 9:32:58 AM EDT
[#7]
My Gen 2 MPX does indeed run Gen 1 mags.  In competition (I shoot my MPX in 3-Gun, USPSA, and Steel Challenge) I run Gen 2 mags but having the option to use Gen 1 mags for range stuff and dry fire is great.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 7:43:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Ok so this weekend I traded a 229 and some cash for a Gen II MPX.

It came with a little funcky QD rail attachment from Sig but no idea how it works any idea? It looks to flimsy to take any sort of load.

Secondly do Gen I mags work reliably in the Gen II guns?

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/115502/IMG-2648-256224.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/115502/IMG-2646-256223.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/115502/IMG-2647-256222.JPG
View Quote
@Vik

If I may ask, what is the total length of the weapon and SB brace? Also total weight if you have the capability to determine that?

Thank you, sir.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 11:13:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

@Vik

If I may ask, what is the total length of the weapon and SB brace? Also total weight if you have the capability to determine that?

Thank you, sir.
View Quote
If you want SHORT. They make a K version.

I love mine.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 11:21:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/ZeWpuiR.jpg

I love mine.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Vik

Thank you, sir.

http://i.imgur.com/ZeWpuiR.jpg

I love mine.
Get one of the side folders and it is even shorter.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 11:36:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
It's plenty short as is, and already own a side folder so I wanted to give the "pdw" look a try. And I like it a lot.

Attachment Attached File

My Cz scorpion is a side folder, and so it my krinker plinker, and sbr ak.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 2:47:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
Like this?

free uploading site
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 2:32:25 PM EDT
[#13]
@Storm_Tracker

Roughly:

21" Collapsed
25" Fully Extended

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:13:22 PM EDT
[#14]
JayRock,
 What stock is that?
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:15:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

JayRock,
 What stock is that?
View Quote
Looks like a lage manufacturing side folding stock
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 3:52:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Looks like a lage manufacturing side folding stock
View Quote
That be correct. Love the stock with my vfg.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 11:59:15 PM EDT
[#17]
I only have 17 magazines with roughly half of them being Gen 1's, and they run as reliable as Gen 2 magazines. In other words I have had zero malfunctions with any MPX magazines regardless of generation.

As for the sling mount, put it in you misc parts box, and get a real Keymod sling mount. The last thing you need is for the sling mount to fail when the Baby Ruth hits a Rotary engine.

I ditched my retractable stock for a side folder, mainly because trying to get a good cheek weld on the rod is uncomfortable to say the least, and unsteady at best.
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 3:08:04 AM EDT
[#18]
It's a proven fact that your gun "whatever make or model" is crap without a side folding stock. Fixed stock or brace 1-2 on tacticool level,  collapsing maybe up to 7. To make 8+ it needs to fold to the side and fit in a backpack
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 2:08:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Does anybody have any side by side experience with the Lage folder and the Sig Kate Moss stock?  Is one or the other better, either in terms of cheek weld, or strength/stability?
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 10:00:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Does anybody have any side by side experience with the Lage folder and the Sig Kate Moss stock?  Is one or the other better, either in terms of cheek weld, or strength/stability?
View Quote
I got experience on this. The Kate moss stock to me seems less beefy also not as nice cheek weld like the Lage. Also the Lage just looks much better. I believe with the Kate moss you are limited to just one way folding but with Lage you got left or right also changed xx degree too.

I think price was Lage was cheaper too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top