Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 33
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 10:27:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Did the atf say that the factory foregrip is legal on a TP9 pistol because it is not 90degrees from the bore??

What about using a P90 style thumbhole thingbon it??  Any other suggestions?

I have SBRs but am looking for something that i couold potentially CCW.

What do the suppressors gobfor anyway?

Andbwhat is weight of the gun unloaded?
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 2:06:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:Did the atf say that the factory foregrip is legal on a TP9 pistol because it is not 90degrees from the bore??
View Quote
No. For that matter, if they did, why would B&T go through all the trouble of making the foregrip removable if they could have imported them as is?
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 7:07:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Thought i heard there was a ruling that said that any angle off of 90 degrees from the bore was not a NFA violation on a pistol now
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 9:09:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Thought i heard there was a ruling that said that any angle off of 90 degrees from the bore was not a NFA violation on a pistol now
View Quote
Not a ruling but a letter that stated something to that effect. It was posted in a thread on here but I can’t find it. It seemed to clearly state that if it wasn’t 90 degree it wasn’t NFA.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 7:21:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Does anyone know where to pick up one of these holsters that work with the can attached? Brownells is the only place I’ve even seen them listed and they don’t know when/if they are getting more.
View Quote
I'd be interested in this as well if someone can track them down.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 10:41:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Does anyone know where to pick up one of these holsters that work with the can attached? Brownells is the only place I’ve even seen them listed and they don’t know when/if they are getting more.
I talked to b&t yesterday about it. Sounds like they have a bunch that haven’t gone out to distributors yet. Jeremy is going to get me more info once the sales guys get back from SHOT.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 11:13:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Not a ruling but a letter that stated something to that effect. It was posted in a thread on here but I can’t find it. It seemed to clearly state that if it wasn’t 90 degree it wasn’t NFA.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Here’s the old archived thread on the VFG issue  and the letter posted in that thread. I SBR’d mine so I never researched the issue.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/-ARCHIVED-THREAD-More-proof-that-it-s-not-a-VFG-unless-it-s-90-to-the-bore/5-2148311/?page=1

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 11:18:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

No. For that matter, if they did, why would B&T go through all the trouble of making the foregrip removable if they could have imported them as is?
View Quote
Just guessing that maybe the import rules are a little more clear and prevent a forward grip.

I have seen a lot of posts on Instagram of the short angled BCM grip on braced pistols. Lots of discussion on the subject.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 3:06:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:Just guessing that maybe the import rules are a little more clear and prevent a forward grip.
View Quote
Maybe, but then why not attach the grips and sell them that way?
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 3:50:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:Just guessing that maybe the import rules are a little more clear and prevent a forward grip.
Erring on the side of caution i guess, not wantig to piss the ATF off.

I will point out that said tech branch is just a letter to some jerk off and they say only applies to the recipient.  It would be pretty sweet to have a letter to that effect addressed to me regarding the TP9.  That would be pretty sweet, be able to carry it loaded and concealed in a bag w the folding tailhook brace setup, and no interstate tracel notification. I would be happy to do an AOW on it but then i dont think i would be covered for concealed carry with it.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 3:56:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Here’s the old archived thread on the VFG issue  and the letter posted in that thread. I SBR’d mine so I never researched the issue.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/-ARCHIVED-THREAD-More-proof-that-it-s-not-a-VFG-unless-it-s-90-to-the-bore/5-2148311/?page=1

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/59839/332906FD-F56B-4B4E-BE67-7A43072C9B7E_jpeg-812042.JPG
View Quote
Thanks for posting that.  Yeah, the statute does not define vertical fore grip, but the ATF has taken some sort of general position sonewhere (?) that the definition of vertical means truley perpendicular to the bore.

It might be worth it to send a letter to the FTB w pics of the TPN and the bolt on grip...  if they say yes it would kind of make it worth buying it.

...but i hear that it doesnt work w any but the suppressor designed for it, something about the backpressure created by most cans being too great IIRC.   And isnt that can hella expensive?

And, the barrel moves right? Does the can need to jave a neilson device??
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 4:29:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:Erring on the side of caution i guess, not wantig to piss the ATF off.
View Quote
I don’t get it. If it’s legal, why would they be pissed?

I asked B&T at SuppressedFest why they had TP9s with the foregrip pictured with braces and they said, it was just their marketing dept that stuck a brace on a SBR to show off different configurations.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 2:43:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Watching Bad Boys II on TV and noticed Johnny Tapia is rocking an old Steyr SPP

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 6:52:58 PM EDT
[#14]
For those using the TP9 suppressor on other hosts VIA the 3lug adapter, how far does the adapter recess back over the 3lug towards the rail/receiver? I am building out a AR9 and want to know how much space I need from the end of the rail to the 3lug to mount the TP9 suppressor. I won’t have hands on my TP9 suppressor for another 6-10 months so I can’t mock it up myself.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 6:24:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Trying out a new stock. I think it’s a keeper. I do like the collapsible stock setup but wish Gear head works or someone would make a stock that works with the brace set up. You start with a brace, get your stamp, and then slide off the tailhook and slide on a stock and done.

I will be looking to sell the collapsible brace if anyone is interested.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 8:12:45 PM EDT
[#16]
^^^ that’s trick, well done! ^^^
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 1:06:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Does anyone else's TP9 bolt look like this?
Appears to be a weld with some pretty heavy machining marks. Some of the photos I looked at online don't look like this. All the other parts look alot better.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 2:58:43 PM EDT
[#18]
HALFNATTYGAINZ, I assume you’re referring to the machine marks on the left hand side of bolt. If it functions like it’s supposed to, I wouldn’t be worried about it. Here’s mine
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 10:53:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
HALFNATTYGAINZ, I assume you’re referring to the machine marks on the left hand side of bolt. If it functions like it’s supposed to, I wouldn’t be worried about it. Here’s mine
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/59839/1319441B-FA8F-4A1C-8D0A-FC3803D38FFA_jpeg-825611.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/59839/A6E4BBFD-295F-41F3-B67C-EBA852883C33_jpeg-825612.JPG
View Quote
Thanks man, I sent B&T a photo just to see what they would say. Overall I'm satisfied with the gun.  I haven't shot it yet though. I'm sure it will really come to life once I SBR it.
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 9:24:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Thanks man, I sent B&T a photo just to see what they would say. Overall I'm satisfied with the gun.  I haven't shot it yet though. I'm sure it will really come to life once I SBR it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/59839/1319441B-FA8F-4A1C-8D0A-FC3803D38FFA_jpeg-825611.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/59839/A6E4BBFD-295F-41F3-B67C-EBA852883C33_jpeg-825612.JPG
Those tool marks are on my first and second generation DSA imports. Nothing to worry about.

The silver finish on the new bolts really shows the marks.
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 9:41:30 AM EDT
[#21]
What are you all using, aside from from 550 cord or something, to mount a single point sling through the hole in the rear of the receiver?
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 10:46:35 PM EDT
[#22]
The new TP9s come with the paracord loop. They don’t sell it separate. The HK style sling eats up the receiver.

Who has magazines cheaper than $45 shipped?
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 11:06:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The new TP9s come with the paracord loop. They don’t sell it separate. The HK style sling eats up the receiver.

View Quote
https://www.blueforcegear.com/elastic-hook-cover.html

These are helpful to prevent the sling from destroying the gun. I changed mine out with Magpul Paraclips.
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 3:19:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

These are helpful to prevent the sling from destroying the gun. I changed mine out with Magpul Paraclips.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you for adding that. I have embarrassingly purchased from their site and over looked those.

I’ve been looking at the Paraclips to go on the TP9 with the collapsing brace as the sling loop isn’t retained. Knowing you’re running them gives me some more confidence in them.
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 5:38:47 PM EDT
[#25]
NOT TP9 related but........

The VP9 is coming to the USA.

What better companion to a suppressed TP9?

Let’s hope they sell the pistol without suppressors for us temporarily stuck behind enemy lines. The kits are running almost €3000.

B&T is giving away a VP9 to the person who names it for the US Market.
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 5:42:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bad news on the suppressor compatible holsters. Apparently they are being discontinued and no longer available.
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 10:17:30 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Bad news on the suppressor compatible holsters. Apparently they are being discontinued and no longer available.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If anyone knows where I can get one please shoot me a DM.
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 12:43:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Out of a need for one myself I created a Low Profile Picatinny Rail for the 2018 and older TP9s. I am making extra that will be available. Machined from 6061 Aluminum and Type 3 anodized. If anyone is interested check message me.

Link Posted: 2/15/2019 12:35:24 AM EDT
[#29]
any chance the TP380 will ever make it to our shores?
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 10:35:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
I made the mistake of posting the link to the FB group before I bought one myself, so I'm on the backorder list.  Jessica @ B&T did say that the time, that these are very limited in quantity.
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 11:24:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I made the mistake of posting the link to the FB group before I bought one myself, so I'm on the backorder list.  Jessica @ B&T did say that the time, that these are very limited in quantity.
View Quote
I hate to piss your cornflakes but you might want to pull your name from the back order list. According to Jeremy @ B&t these are no longer in production and not being made again anytime in the near future. He said they were originally designed for some European LE/MIL and not many made their way over to the US. To my surprise, I got an email from Jeremy on Monday saying they were reorganizing their warehouse and he found 1 more. So naturally I had to buy it. He said I would be one of the last, if not the last person in the country to get one. It hasn’t shipped yet but I will be sure to post pictures when I get it. I’m pretty siked to say the least.

ETA: is there a Tp9 FB group I don’t know about?
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 6:12:03 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I hate to piss your cornflakes but you might want to pull your name from the back order list. According to Jeremy @ B&t these are no longer in production and not being made again anytime in the near future. He said they were originally designed for some European LE/MIL and not many made their way over to the US. To my surprise, I got an email from Jeremy on Monday saying they were reorganizing their warehouse and he found 1 more. So naturally I had to buy it. He said I would be one of the last, if not the last person in the country to get one. It hasn’t shipped yet but I will be sure to post pictures when I get it. I’m pretty siked to say the least.

View Quote
There are two B&T FB groups that I know of.
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 10:17:49 AM EDT
[#33]
Just a heads up Jeremy got back to me about my tp9. He's going to send some more info to the swiss HQ to make sure my bolt isn't a issue but in the mean time he's going to have the US shop polish up the bolt and test fire it. I'm really happy with this.
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 10:12:12 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wonder if we might know anyone who could replicate the bracket to convert the standard TP9 holsters...
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 10:50:55 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I wonder if we might know anyone who could replicate the bracket to convert the standard TP9 holsters...
View Quote
The big difference that I can see, without having both in front of me, is the nub at the end of non-suppressed holster to support the gun. Might be as simple as removing that part.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 11:06:19 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
The big difference that I can see, without having both in front of me, is the nub at the end of non-suppressed holster to support the gun. Might be as simple as removing that part.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/462226/D23A227F-80A6-435A-B867-AEF811E1BF2C_jpeg-848556.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/462226/04031AB6-9620-406D-9936-681497F2825D_jpeg-848557.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/462226/D23A227F-80A6-435A-B867-AEF811E1BF2C_jpeg-848556.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/462226/04031AB6-9620-406D-9936-681497F2825D_jpeg-848557.JPG
Yeah I have the non-suppressed version in front of me. That part is just held on by a couple screws. Maybe I'll take the initiative on this one and try and print something this week.
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 9:22:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Anyone know where i can get a TP9 brass catcher?
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 8:24:52 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
Currently out of stock but this is one of the few places that lists it.

https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/B-T-HK-TP9-MP9-Polymer-Quick-Detach-Brasscatcher-375p17286.htm
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 10:48:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
There is a first and second gen brass catcher.  Unless you have a very early DSA import with the MP9 cover the current version will be great.

The TP9 is my favorite shooter so not having to pick up brass is worth the $.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 5:50:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Trying out a new stock. I think it’s a keeper. I do like the collapsible stock setup but wish Gear head works or someone would make a stock that works with the brace set up. You start with a brace, get your stamp, and then slide off the tailhook and slide on a stock and done.

I will be looking to sell the collapsible brace if anyone is interested.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/299341/969C3089-2585-4126-B5D6-89AA3FB96F9A_jpeg-817790.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/299341/7C4D61A3-CEB6-4878-909C-8C1F396E68EF_jpeg-817788.JPG
View Quote
is that this stock?
https://tarheelstatefirearms.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=452&search=b%26t

how do you like that trigger compared to the original?

i now need a tp9-n
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 5:54:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

is that this stock?
https://tarheelstatefirearms.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=452&search=b%26t

how do you like that trigger compared to the original?

i now need a tp9-n
View Quote
Yeah that’s the stock and that’s who I got it from.

The trigger is nice. A little shorter length of pull and smooth. Definitely worth the little bit of money it cost
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 8:12:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Yeah that’s the stock and that’s who I got it from.

The trigger is nice. A little shorter length of pull and smooth. Definitely worth the little bit of money it cost
View Quote
How difficult was the trigger install? haven't taken apart my TP9 yet so just wondering how much time I'd need to carve out to install it.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 8:26:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

How difficult was the trigger install? haven't taken apart my TP9 yet so just wondering how much time I'd need to carve out to install it.
View Quote
Looks tricky but doable.

Link Posted: 2/21/2019 8:39:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Looks tricky but doable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBkXGWbpBuk
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks tricky but doable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBkXGWbpBuk
Mike made that video after I had installed the trigger for the first time so it probably isn’t that bad. I broke my trigger bar trying to get it out so be careful there and dont just pry it out from the one end. The TP9 Trigger bars are hard to come by and not something B&T USA has on hand. It definitely isn’t too difficult and after you see it and do it a few times everything seems to make sense. IIRC, The only thing I recall having problems with was the spring detent thing under the safety selector. None of that needs to come out but if it does it’s kind of hard to keep assembled and in place. YMMV
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 12:02:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
Well boys it finally came today. Unfortunately my tp9 is with B&t getting some work done and my can is in jail so no in use pictures yet. But back to converting a regular holster to suppressor compatible, it looks like there are a couple tabs to help support the gun in place of the in place of the part supporting the barrel. But again it’s just a piece of metal screwed on to the holster so I’m sure someone with more skills than me could replicate. It also looks like the gun is held in place by the trigger guard as well but I’d imagine both versions do this. Let me know if anyone wants more pictures.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 12:54:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Mike made that video after I had installed the trigger for the first time so it probably isn’t that bad. I broke my trigger bar trying to get it out so be careful there and dont just pry it out from the one end. The TP9 Trigger bars are hard to come by and not something B&T USA has on hand. It definitely isn’t too difficult and after you see it and do it a few times everything seems to make sense. IIRC, The only thing I recall having problems with was the spring detent thing under the safety selector. None of that needs to come out but if it does it’s kind of hard to keep assembled and in place. YMMV
View Quote
Thanks. Good to know on the trigger bar and safety selector. I'm thinking of picking up one of those triggers until the shooting sight trigger comes out. I love the gun, but the trigger is way heavier than it needs to be imo
Link Posted: 3/6/2019 12:35:51 AM EDT
[#47]
Hey gents I’m posting up my suppressor compatible holster on the EE tomorrow. Looking to fund other projects. Wanted to give you guys the heads up before I posted it.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

ETA: HERE
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 3:54:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Form 1 FINALLY came back. Now the wait for the can!

Link Posted: 3/7/2019 5:48:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/182718/IMG_6598-869368.jpg
View Quote
Nice. Now the real wait begins. What’s your pending date?
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 11:02:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/182718/IMG_6598-869368.jpg
I don't even know. Think I bought it in December.
Page / 33
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top