Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 14
Link Posted: 12/13/2017 11:41:19 AM EDT
[#1]
mine also only locks back on an empty mag.
Link Posted: 12/13/2017 11:48:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've had my Micro Roni stabilizer model for about a month now. Love all the features, I integrated light works great.

My only issue is the slide release does not work in any configuration. Nothing broken as I can tell, hasn't worked since day one. Went to the gun store I bought it from and tested their other ones they have in stock and none work.

Added an enhanced slide release to the G17 and still will not work.

Anyone have the same issues or suggestions?

Tried emailing CAA and the email and contact info is overseas. No info yet.
View Quote
I use the button to lock the slide, I pull the charging handle to release it.
Link Posted: 12/13/2017 6:08:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've had my Micro Roni stabilizer model for about a month now. Love all the features, I integrated light works great.

My only issue is the slide release does not work in any configuration. Nothing broken as I can tell, hasn't worked since day one. Went to the gun store I bought it from and tested their other ones they have in stock and none work.

Added an enhanced slide release to the G17 and still will not work.

Anyone have the same issues or suggestions?

Tried emailing CAA and the email and contact info is overseas. No info yet.
Button won't release or lock it back.
Link Posted: 12/14/2017 5:04:32 AM EDT
[#4]
The easiest way to lock the slide back is to hold the gun straight up and down. Firmly push the lower half of the slide release straight in.  When it's fully depressed, firmly push up and slowly let the slide go forward until it catches.

I put the brace against my chest and pull the charging handle straight back and hold it fully back.

The Vickers and factory extended slide stops didn't work very well.

Also, when installing the pistol, I also make sure it's in a vertical orientation and make sure tab on the chassis is under the pistol's  slide stop lever. Sticking an empty magazine in after installation makes sure everything is in its proper place.  Also, I always sling shot the slide closed.
Every once in awhile it will stop working properly. I then stick an empty magazine in to realign everything and it's good to go once again.
Link Posted: 12/19/2017 3:09:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The easiest way to lock the slide back is to hold the gun straight up and down. Firmly push the lower half of the slide release straight in.  When it's fully depressed, firmly push up and slowly let the slide go forward until it catches.

I put the brace against my chest and pull the charging handle straight back and hold it fully back.

The Vickers and factory extended slide stops didn't work very well.

Also, when installing the pistol, I also make sure it's in a vertical orientation and make sure tab on the chassis is under the pistol's  slide stop lever. Sticking an empty magazine in after installation makes sure everything is in its proper place.  Also, I always sling shot the slide closed.
Every once in awhile it will stop working properly. I then stick an empty magazine in to realign everything and it's good to go once again.
View Quote
I'll try these steps. Thanks. If not I'm going to install a Glock extended slide release and see how that works or bend it to make it work.

I can't screw around with this thing at the end of a stage in a match. The firearm would be ruled unsafe and I'd get DQ'd.

Other than this one thing, I really love the MacaRoni. Fun to shoot and turns the G17 into PCC tack driver!
Link Posted: 12/19/2017 10:00:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I can't screw around with this thing at the end of a stage in a match. The firearm would be ruled unsafe and I'd get DQ'd.
View Quote
And how does the lack of a bolt-hold-open feature make a gun "unsafe" exactly?

There are a number of guns that have no such function, and they work just fine as designed. I shoot an Uzi in PCC. The semi auto Uzi has no bolt-hold-open feature, and it has not hindered me before, during, and after the stage.

As you noted, for USPSA PCC you need a chamber flag inserted when not shooting. At the end of the stage, pull your chamber flag out of the pocket where you stowed it when you made ready, and hand it to the RO. Do the "unload & show clear" routine. After the "if clear, hammer down", you pull the slide back and the ever helpful RO inserts the chamber flag while you manually hold the slide back.

No fuss, no added time, and not unsafe.
Link Posted: 12/20/2017 2:37:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

There are a number of guns that have no such function, and they work just fine as designed. I shoot an Uzi in PCC. The semi auto Uzi has no bolt-hold-open feature, and it has not hindered me before, during, and after the stage.

As you noted, for USPSA PCC you need a chamber flag inserted when not shooting. At the end of the stage, pull your chamber flag out of the pocket where you stowed it when you made ready, and hand it to the RO. Do the "unload & show clear" routine. After the "if clear, hammer down", you pull the slide back and the ever helpful RO inserts the chamber flag while you manually hold the slide back.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't ask for a debate about your definition of "unsafe". I don't make the rules the match director does. Showing clear on any PCC requires the bolt to remain held open. If the match director has determined that a bolt not held open is "unsafe" then it's "unsafe".

My transferrable Vector UZI is an open bolt gun and the bolt stays open. I guess your semi-auto Uzi is one exception to a pretty common function. I can think of one other.

I never said anything whatsoever about a chamber flag in any of my posts nor has anyone else.

That being said: I'll talk to the match director about no BHO and using a chamber flag.

Back to my question: is anybody able to get the Glock bolt to hold open on their Micro Roni?
Link Posted: 12/20/2017 1:39:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Here's another must have.. An extended magazine release so you don't have to contort to drop a magazine... This one is discontinued, I believe.  It's a factory extended magazine release that was drilled and tapped.  There are similar ones out there.

Link Posted: 12/20/2017 3:08:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
SpacemanSpiff, I am eager to see your video.  I have the Uzi Pro Pistol with the brace- it occupies the same niche and I'm satisfied with it -so far...
View Quote
@momano

I finally got around to getting to shoot this thing, it was too dark to get video but I did do a little write-up here:  https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/BandT-TP-9-vs-Micro-Roni-d-Glock-my-impressions-/48-484766/

I'll get some video soon and post it as well.

So far, I really like the Micro Roni... it's a very cool setup that fills the niche for a light 9mm carbine. Its not quite small enough to be a true PDW like the TP9 in my opinion, but its still very portable and the practicality of it not being an SBR is a pretty big deal.
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 6:39:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I didn't ask for a debate about your definition of "unsafe". I don't make the rules the match director does. Showing clear on any PCC requires the bolt to remain held open. If the match director has determined that a bolt not held open is "unsafe" then it's "unsafe".

My transferrable Vector UZI is an open bolt gun and the bolt stays open. I guess your semi-auto Uzi is one exception to a pretty common function. I can think of one other.

I never said anything whatsoever about a chamber flag in any of my posts nor has anyone else.

That being said: I'll talk to the match director about no BHO and using a chamber flag.

Back to my question: is anybody able to get the Glock bolt to hold open on their Micro Roni?

I'm going to stop in at Glockmeister tomorrow and see if they have any extended slide releases they'd be willing to test. They were really interested in the MacaRoni when I brought it in a couple months ago.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm going to stop in at Glockmeister tomorrow and see if they have any extended slide releases they'd be willing to test. They were really interested in the MacaRoni when I brought it in a couple months ago.
My slide locks open during live and dry firing. The slide release button on my stab works 100% when live firing, but is hit and miss when cycling by hand.
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 1:39:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Reporting back: SUCCESS!

The Vickers Tactical Glock Slide Stop (by TangoDown) VTSS-001 has resolved the issue entirely. I can lock back the slide using the "slide release" (according to the manual) button with 100% repeatability. It is now perfect!
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 2:14:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Reporting back: SUCCESS!

The Vickers Tactical Glock Slide Stop (by TangoDown) VTSS-001 has resolved the issue entirely. I can lock back the slide using the "slide release" (according to the manual) button with 100% repeatability. It is now perfect!
View Quote
I had the same thing installed.  Wasn't 100% for me.  Tried a factory extended I had laying around and that was worse.  I've had the most success with the standard factory release.

Glad it works for you.

Looking at that contraption... It's only held in by two Allen screws.  I'm sure one could remove it and Dremel out some of the polymer blocking the slide stop lever.  This should give enough access to lock the slide back.

I might try just removing it and see what it's like. That rattling thing annoys me anyways.  And I personally slingshot the slide closed.
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 4:57:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Here you can see where the slide stop button on the Macaroni is hitting the bottom of the pistol's slide stop.  Just sheer pressure from me is making it go up.

What I'll do is Dremel the bottom portion off, where the paint is gone, which should allow the tab to slide under the lever making it easier to lock the slide back.

Link Posted: 1/4/2018 7:53:24 PM EDT
[#14]
So I grabbed an optioned out Micro Roni STAB for G19 from DE Guns today. Y'all made me do it!
Link Posted: 1/6/2018 4:33:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/6/2018 7:08:23 PM EDT
[#16]
I have had too much time on my hands lately, so been thinking too much.....

I have the STAB for a 19. Just for fun, I took the screws out of the front end and tried to slide my glock 17 in. If I remove the interior  flash can assembly, it fits. That part also has G19 on it. Can I assume the only difference between models is a different flash can assembly? One has a shorter back end to accommodate the longer 17/22 slide?

I am aware this may be common knowledge, but it makes me think of a couple things:

1. If I wanted to switch it to use my 17 in, maybe CAA would sell me just that part (probably not as they would be loosing money compared ro selling a whole kit)?

Or...

2. Could I machine the rear and have it work for either of my pistols???

Let's discuss:)

The reason is that when in the kit, the 19 grip feels even shorter. I have been questioning if I should have bought a 17 stab instead. Also, I really like my 19 as just in handgun form and wouldn't mind adding a short comp to it.
Link Posted: 1/6/2018 9:16:44 PM EDT
[#17]
If you still have it removed, get me measurements on the flash can thingie and I'll compare to mine
Link Posted: 1/6/2018 9:27:52 PM EDT
[#18]
I juuust bolted it all back together. Looking at your pic, mine is  much longer. I even see that while mine has G19 machined into it, yours has G17. I am 99% sure that that is what makes them model size specific.

I also figured out that the G17 and G19 require specific flashlights as one is set more outside of the chassis and the other goes in deeper. When I had my G17 in the chassis, my flashlight was too long to insert.

I did email CAA asking if they would sell me the G17 part. I wasn't detailed in why I want one. We shall see.

They did sell me a charging handle piece when I asked about it. That is to see if I can make it fit my AA .22 conversion slide. Haven't gotten around to that yet...it will all depend if I keep my 19 in there or make it work with my 17.....as my current AA .22LR kit is for my 17.
Link Posted: 1/6/2018 9:29:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Makes sense if they only need to change two components to switch models to go that route, saves a lot of mold $$$$$ for them.
Link Posted: 1/6/2018 9:32:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Makes sense if they only need to change two components to switch models to go that route, saves a lot of mold $$$$$ for them.
View Quote
That is exactly what I am basing my assumption on. Those people in Isreal are smart!
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 7:18:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Got a Micro Roni for G19 with the fully optioned out package for $200 less than normal.

It arrived today, and I'm asking myself - "WTF didn't I get one sooner?"

Has the integrated 500 lumen integral flashlight, which looks to be an Olight S1 Baton in a special adapter. The S1s are pretty badass little lights.

Also came with the flip up BUIS (which are "meh" but solid) and the QD thumb rests.

Damn thing is tiny.

Ordered a Holosun HS503G with ACSS reticle from Primary Arms, and that should be here Wed, then she's done and off to the range on my next day off.

2018-01-08_06-10-23 by The One and Only "B"!, on Flickr

2018-01-08_06-10-15 by The One and Only "B"!, on Flickr
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 7:22:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Edit. Nevermind. This was covered already. My bad.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 2:34:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Here you can see where the slide stop button on the Macaroni is hitting the bottom of the pistol's slide stop.  Just sheer pressure from me is making it go up.

What I'll do is Dremel the bottom portion off, where the paint is gone, which should allow the tab to slide under the lever making it easier to lock the slide back.

<a href="https://ibb.co/nJrjUw"></a>https://preview.ibb.co/ctrjUw/20180103_144610.jpg
View Quote
Yep. Mine had the same mark. I considered cutting it shorter but decided to try the Vickers stop because it extends outwards from in-line with the bottom of the slide, then is bent inwards and down at a 45-degree angle back towards the grip. Figuring that the issue with the Roni's engagement with the slide stop release when using it to hold the slide open (with no magazine inserted) by pushing it in and up, it HAD to engage the Vickers slide stop release lever better than the OEM Glock piece. It works for mine, strange that yours doesn't.

Dremel would have been my next step.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 2:13:54 AM EDT
[#24]
FYI, the Gen 5 19 works fine in the Micro Roni. Only issue is this -

The right hand slide release gets squeezed in about 1/8th an inch, and sometimes gets stuck.

Other than that, it locks up solid with zero wiggle or movement, despite the Gen 5 19s picatinny front slot.

I'm gonna detail strip my other Gen 5 19 tomorrow and dremel off the right hand slide release button so it's flush with the slide. Then all will be well. Other than that, the slide release on the Roni works fine for locking back the slide, etc. It's just the drag from the right hand slide release paddle causing issues. I figure it's stupid to dremel the inside of the Roni when I can just buy a new OEM slide release, should it go wrong. Will post pics and such tomorrow.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 10:44:30 AM EDT
[#25]
Mr. Airborne-Infantryman, see my post on 11/8 and 11/16 and most importantly on 12/1.
I did that Gen 5 , and it was easy.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 2:13:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Mr. Airborne-Infantryman, see my post on 11/8 and 11/16 and most importantly on 12/1.
I did that Gen 5 , and it was easy.
View Quote
Awesome! So did you end up just chopping the right side slide release paddle off the 19? I noticed you mentioned rat tail files, so i wasnt sure. Or did you modify the Roni at all ?

I'm still scared to do it. I can't find replacement Gem 5 slide release anywhere lol.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 6:01:09 PM EDT
[#27]
filed the inside of the Roni. Only about 2.5 inches and very easy. had to do more on the place the slide release stopped.
I would do it over again, vs. cutting the metal.
Good luck.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 6:32:09 PM EDT
[#28]

This is mine with the Gen 5.
The second pic shows what I filed down. The y area on the tape was taken down just a bit.
The X part is where the slide release is and I took more out here.
You can see that it still rubs a bit, that is OK with me, as I want a good tight fit.
Hope this helps.

BTW: Are you by chance near Ft. Benning?
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 4:56:48 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I juuust bolted it all back together. Looking at your pic, mine is  much longer. I even see that while mine has G19 machined into it, yours has G17. I am 99% sure that that is what makes them model size specific.

I also figured out that the G17 and G19 require specific flashlights as one is set more outside of the chassis and the other goes in deeper. When I had my G17 in the chassis, my flashlight was too long to insert.

I did email CAA asking if they would sell me the G17 part. I wasn't detailed in why I want one. We shall see.

They did sell me a charging handle piece when I asked about it. That is to see if I can make it fit my AA .22 conversion slide. Haven't gotten around to that yet...it will all depend if I keep my 19 in there or make it work with my 17.....as my current AA .22LR kit is for my 17.
View Quote
I just snapped my 19 Gen4 into my 17 chassis....seems like the only difference is the flash can. It appears that in a pinch you could shoot the 19.  Just curious what effect the muzzle flash would have on the polymer after extended shooting. Externally, the two guns are identical except for length of slide and grip.  Seems to me the 17 model flashlight should fit in both chassis.

If anyone is in the Austin area and has a 19 chassis they want to compare to a 17, give me a shout.
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 5:00:05 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Got a Micro Roni for G19 with the fully optioned out package for $200 less than normal.

It arrived today, and I'm asking myself - "WTF didn't I get one sooner?"

Has the integrated 500 lumen integral flashlight, which looks to be an Olight S1 Baton in a special adapter. The S1s are pretty badass little lights.

Also came with the flip up BUIS (which are "meh" but solid) and the QD thumb rests.

Damn thing is tiny.

Ordered a Holosun HS503G with ACSS reticle from Primary Arms, and that should be here Wed, then she's done and off to the range on my next day off.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4722/39555357952_9be3bfb57b_o.jpg2018-01-08_06-10-23 by The One and Only "B"!, on Flickr

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4608/38688779105_3b17f6fdac_o.jpg2018-01-08_06-10-15 by The One and Only "B"!, on Flickr
View Quote
FYI, if you rotate the thumb rests 180 degrees, your thumb will be in a more forward position and less vertical.  I find it to be more comfortable.
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 7:44:44 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
https://i.imgur.com/ibLFLYw.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/zCYZWoi.jpg

This is mine with the Gen 5.
The second pic shows what I filed down. The y area on the tape was taken down just a bit.
The X part is where the slide release is and I took more out here.
You can see that it still rubs a bit, that is OK with me, as I want a good tight fit.
Hope this helps.

BTW: Are you by chance near Ft. Benning?
View Quote
I'm on the east coast in VA.

I ended up studying the heck outta the Micro Roni and how the Gen 5 interfaced with it.

I decided against modifying the Micro Roni.

I ended up taking the slide release out of the G19 Gen 5, and cutting the right hand slide release paddle off.

My reasoning is that I can easily get another slide release lever from Glock if I ever wanna convert my G19 back to stock....for like $15.

So after making my mod, I'm happy to report that everything works as it should.

Slide release on the Micro Roni releases the slide, locks the slide back, and there are zero issues.

I really love this little setup. Its amazing.

Link Posted: 1/19/2018 6:41:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Got mine in today, nice little set up. Definitely going to order the light, and probably the thumb rest too.

Link Posted: 1/19/2018 9:26:49 PM EDT
[#33]
My Roni Stab with a G22 converted to 9mm.  Found a used G17 that will replace the G22.  
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 1:27:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Is there any difference in size between the G19 version and the G17 version?

Also, any details on whether or not a suppressor could be used?
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 2:04:28 PM EDT
[#35]
The only difference that I see for the version for the 19/23 or the 17/22 is that the flash can is different from the two. Also the flashlight is specific to each model.

Did you guys see that the new gen 3 micro roni has the charging handle piece captured inside the chassis, as well as the sides cut hgher so you can run the slide catch lever on the actual gun. Oh, also has a longer brace portion, but they didn't make it so you can hold onto it and shoot it folded...why, I am not sure.

I guess I need a new on...haha.

I have the 19 model, and in hindsight, I would get the 17 model next time. You loose a little grip length when installed in the chassis. I suppose that may not be an issue with the new one as it is cut a little higher in the grip area.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 5:37:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
The only difference that I see for the version for the 19/23 or the 17/22 is that the flash can is different from the two. Also the flashlight is specific to each model.

Did you guys see that the new gen 3 micro roni has the charging handle piece captured inside the chassis, as well as the sides cut hgher so you can run the slide catch lever on the actual gun. Oh, also has a longer brace portion, but they didn't make it so you can hold onto it and shoot it folded...why, I am not sure.

I guess I need a new on...haha.

I have the 19 model, and in hindsight, I would get the 17 model next time. You loose a little grip length when installed in the chassis. I suppose that may not be an issue with the new one as it is cut a little higher in the grip area.
View Quote
Thank you for the information.

How do you tell the old from the new version?
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 6:58:13 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Thank you for the information.

How do you tell the old from the new version?
View Quote
This video shows the new version,

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BhIR9C3ll4o
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 10:34:03 AM EDT
[#38]
Here's a video about the new longer brace option.   I've watched several videos about the new Gen 4 micro roni and I can't tell if the changes made to the normal stock version like the exposure of the slide stop lever were also done on the stabilizer version.

Edit:   (What the hell?  They removed the video showing the new brace)

Link Posted: 2/12/2018 4:01:20 PM EDT
[#39]
FWIW, Here are some tips and tricks based on my experience with the Micro Roni Stab:

1) A 1.5" square adhesive felt pad or foam pad (for under furniture feet) can be stuck under the chassis directly behind the grip where the web of your hand rubs, if this is an issue.  There is a space where it fits perfectly on the swing-out hatch.

2) A solid rail cover section can be placed directly in front of the optics to keep residue from blowing out of the top vent ports and onto the front lens of a red dot.

3) The single point sling socket seems to be proprietary. A Magpul Paraclip Sling Adapter can be put it in the socket instead. Then a sling can be easily clipped onto the adapter.

4) The hollow outer portion of the flashlight plug can be removed for a more streamlined look. It can be cut with 2-3mm to spare to avoid nicking the face of the plug and finished flush around the circumference at an angle with fine sandpaper for a professional look.

5) I found a functional and small CR2 powered rail-mounted 100 lumens (supposedly) Monstrum Tactical light from Amazon for less than $18: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01EYZ248M . Seems decent enough so far.  When mounted on the side rail of the Micro Roni, attached so the light is below the rail (you may have to remove the light from the clamp and turn it around), it is in the perfect position for the right index finger to turn it on and off, and the tail cap can be removed for battery changes without unmounting the light.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 2:53:48 PM EDT
[#40]
I want a micro roni with a blade. The side folding stock replaced with a blade.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 3:03:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
Something similar has been on my mind too. I am not a shockwave fan, but would use a buffer tube and maybe a tailhook mod 1.

I like the factory brace alot, but would like to be able to shoot it, or at least hold it like a normal pistol.

Now that they are talking about offering a longer factory brace as a replacement item...I may be more brave to modify the regular one, knowing I can just buy one to replace it, if I really screw it up.

I woyld assume if it is still a brace, it shouldn't matter with the ATF.....famous last words, right...haha.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 4:52:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Could the blade idea be done with the SBR version of the micro roni?
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 12:46:50 AM EDT
[#43]
That would be a better place to start, but the mag holder/vertical front grip will be a problem for a pistol.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 4:06:37 PM EDT
[#44]
I hated mine when i got it.

The slide lock was awkward and the stock had lots of sharp edges that cut into my hand.

I also had a problem with my grip. My support hand wanted to migrate up in front of the barrel.

I decided to get out the dremel and void my warranty.

I also added a little extension to the barrel shroud at the front to make sure i kept my fingers.

It looks wonky but solves all my concerns.

Manipulation is spot on now.  All controls work great.

Still need to shoot it.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 2:54:25 PM EDT
[#45]
That is the one thing I think my STAB is missing is some kind of hand stop. That's why I run the thumb stop on the side, but if I had a choice an actual stop molded in to the body would be better.
Losing the thumb stop would make it easier to stow/carry, but for me it's still easier to control with it mounted.

I like the barrel shroud extension, I think Roni dropped the ball by not offering a larger shroud about the size of a flash can. Or thread the existing unit to take a proprietary can.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 3:53:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I hated mine when i got it.

The slide lock was awkward and the stock had lots of sharp edges that cut into my hand.

I also had a problem with my grip. My support hand wanted to migrate up in front of the barrel.

I decided to get out the dremel and void my warranty.

I also added a little extension to the barrel shroud at the front to make sure i kept my fingers.

It looks wonky but solves all my concerns.

Manipulation is spot on now.  All controls work great.

Still need to shoot it.
View Quote
Nice slide stop mod!  I may have to do that.  How did you make the barrel shroud extension, if you don't mind my asking?
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 10:12:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Its gray (electrical) pvc pipe couplers from home depot.
Its just temp to test the idea.
Permanent fixture will be aluminum tubing.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 5:59:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote
May be worth emailing techsmith to see if it's on their radar for their tailhook ready modification.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 10:01:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Has anyone come up with a good method to lock the stabilizer in the closed (stored position)?  Lots of sharp edges for sure.  I have to fix that.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 7:36:19 AM EDT
[#50]
Could the brace be changed out for a stock after the stamp?

Or do you have to buy the stock version from the get go?
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top