Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 248 of 251)
Page / 251
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 7:41:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlphaThree] [#1]
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 9:42:44 AM EDT
[#2]
I saw that Midway has the Magpul drum on sale for $105.  It's tempting to pick one up and a few of the windowed mags.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 12:11:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Anyone had any issues with CZ customer service?  I sent some mags in to be replaced because of broken feed lips. My mags have been there for about a month now. I’ve emailed them a couple of times asking for an update and they’re not responding. In the initial conversation the rep from CZ said that the mags were out of stock but it seems that all of the vendors are getting them just fine. If I’m being unreasonable just let me know. I’d just like them to respond when I ask for an update.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 6:20:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Replacement Timney trigger came in for my Scorpion. Hopefully get it in and tested tomorrow.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 7:10:52 PM EDT
[#5]
CZ customer service is sucking hind tit these days. I set up an rma for mags with broken feed lips on 4/16. My bad mags were there on the 21st. At the month mark I started emailing the guy that I initially worked with about an update got no response. Finally I emailed their main customer service address and they said that they’re out of 30 round mags and offered me 20 round mags instead. At the rate these fuckers are going they’ll be banned before they come through. They haven’t been having trouble sending mags to vendors but seem to drag their feet when it comes to replacing substandard mags sold to customers. This is the second time dealing with the feed lip issue. Honestly if this wasn’t an SBR I’d sell it and get something different. I hate slow or non responding customer service with a passion.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 8:32:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Girthrockwel:
CZ customer service is sucking hind tit these days. I set up an rma for mags with broken feed lips on 4/16. My bad mags were there on the 21st. At the month mark I started emailing the guy that I initially worked with about an update got no response. Finally I emailed their main customer service address and they said that they’re out of 30 round mags and offered me 20 round mags instead. At the rate these fuckers are going they’ll be banned before they come through. They haven’t been having trouble sending mags to vendors but seem to drag their feet when it comes to replacing substandard mags sold to customers. This is the second time dealing with the feed lip issue. Honestly if this wasn’t an SBR I’d sell it and get something different. I hate slow or non responding customer service with a passion.
View Quote

Newer style or older style.mags?
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 5:16:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By NoMoAMMO:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NoMoAMMO:
Originally Posted By Girthrockwel:

The ones I sent in were the older style clear. They were already replacements that were updated and not supposed to crack.
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 11:47:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Dolor:

I'm increasingly mixed about this but I agree.
The problem is PCCs are in a mixed spot. If they're around the 8"-9" mark then it's like well I might as well go to a .223, 300BO, 7.62x39...etc.
But if it's under 5" it's like "well what does it do more than a handgun? It's essentially a handgun firepower in a bigger package so it's easier to shoot....and if that's the case I might as well just train more with my handguns to get better at them"
Then I tell myself to not take it too seriously and that not every gun has to be a "go-to"  with a ultimate utility.
View Quote

It's going to cost the average person a LOT of time and money to "get good" with a handgun compared to a braced/stock PCC.

PCCs also have ~double the mag capacity.

They have the capability to mount a larger light and better optics.

There's a reason they don't just send special forces out with handguns even though they're far better marksmen than most people could ever hope and/or afford to be.
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 4:03:33 PM EDT
[#9]
New Scorpion owner here - safety is extremely stiff.  I would like to reduce the weight to put it on safe, but not interested in the long AK style levers. Does anyone make a replacement safety spring or safety with different geometry for the detents?
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 1:11:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Girthrockwel] [#10]
Originally Posted By Milsurpninja:
New Scorpion owner here - safety is extremely stiff.  I would like to reduce the weight to put it on safe, but not interested in the long AK style levers. Does anyone make a replacement safety spring or safety with different geometry for the detents?
View Quote

Mine was crazy stiff when I first got it but it’s broken in some. It’s still pretty tough to operate with my thumb from a shooting position. I did end up getting one of the AK style selectors for the right side and it’s really easy to use with my index finger from a shooting position. If you pull the trigger pack out of the lower you’ll notice that the spring is part of the trigger pack housing. You may be able to work on it a little with a file or pry it up a tad to ease some tension but personally I’d be afraid of overdoing it.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 6:54:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Form1 submitted, Anyone know where I can get a take off pistol barrel or a spare carbine barrel I can cut down?
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 9:39:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By ThatGuyTheCooler:
Form1 submitted, Anyone know where I can get a take off pistol barrel or a spare carbine barrel I can cut down?
View Quote

3-Lug barrel is in stock!
https://hbindustries.net/store/shop/cz-scorpion-micro-k-barrel/
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 7:29:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rbgonoles] [#13]
Needs some suggestions for suppressor mounting. I have an Obsidian 9 on the way. My CZ is from early 2016.  The way I understand it, I need thread adapter mount put on my barrel lug to have 1/2-28 threads.  Then I can either attach a tri lug mount or just directly thread the Obsidian 9 on the 1/2-28 threads. The Obsidian 9 comes with a 1/2x28 piston.

Link Posted: 6/27/2022 10:26:54 PM EDT
[#14]
If yours is threaded M18x1 you need something like this if you want to 3 lug it: https://manticorearms.com/product/scorpion-evo-tri-lug-adapter/

I know TROS used to make one as well. You really don't want to adapt and stack tolerances, especially if you're going 3 lug.

This is also an option in M18x1: https://ruggedsuppressors.com/product/fixed-mount/
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 7:53:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By craig24680:

3-Lug barrel is in stock!
https://hbindustries.net/store/shop/cz-scorpion-micro-k-barrel/
View Quote

Thanks but I want to use the CZ handguard, so need a pistol take-off
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 6:10:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bkpkr] [#16]
Originally Posted By rbgonoles:
Needs some suggestions for suppressor mounting. I have an Obsidian 9 on the way. My CZ is from early 2016.  The way I understand it, I need thread adapter mount put on my barrel lug to have 1/2-28 threads.  Then I can either attach a tri lug mount or just directly thread the Obsidian 9 on the 1/2-28 threads. The Obsidian 9 comes with a 1/2x28 piston.

https://i.postimg.cc/59PNzzDJ/686-B0612-BBDD-47-FA-AC03-2211-BDE6-DD33.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/5tS2QJ96/3-D535-E35-094-A-4261-9-B9-D-8-CC7374442-D6.jpg

View Quote

Thread adapters are gay. Send the barrel to eastTXhunter to get rethreaded 1/2x28. He did mine, came out great.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 8:19:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By bkpkr:

Thread adapters are gay. Send the barrel to eastTXhunter to get rethreaded 1/2x28. He did mine, came out great.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bkpkr:

I don’t disagree that thread adapters are not preferred. I had a Gen 1 with the metric threads and opted to just go with the HBI micro conversion over a rethread. It was only marginally more expensive and got a new barrel and hand guard out of it.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 11:05:57 AM EDT
[#18]

Thanks but I want to use the CZ handguard, so need a pistol take-off
View Quote

Sent you a PM
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 12:26:45 PM EDT
[#19]
originally FDE but stuck out too much
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 12:27:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 7:18:30 PM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

FYI there's a guy selling an HBI 5.3" bull barrel in the EE for $155 shipped.
Link
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 7:59:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Does anybody have a Scorpion with the CZ folding stock and a Primary Arms 1x SLx Prism mounted on it?  I'm wondering if you can get the prism low enough with the mounts provided by Primary Arms to use with the CZ folding stock.  The 9mm PA Prism just came back in stock and I ordered one.  

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 9:21:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Forgotten Weapons had a good video yesterday on the history of the Scorpions, and today this shooting video of the subgun version.
Fun Time at the Range with a Skorpion Evo 3A1
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 4:48:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Can someone give me a quick rundown on options for a more vertical grip on the Scorpion? I’ve been putting this off for too long
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 7:22:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:
Can someone give me a quick rundown on options for a more vertical grip on the Scorpion? I’ve been putting this off for too long
View Quote

I assume you're talking about the pistol grip?

I had the Strike Industries for months and was ok, more kept for internal storage.
Put a Magpul on a couple days ago and without shooting it, it's my favorite grip so far
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 8:28:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dolor] [#26]
I use a HBI Paske. Very nice I like it a lot.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 2:24:12 AM EDT
[#27]
I have 2 Yeti Switchbacks for now as much as I respect HBI and their work I haven't had a chance to shoot with one. The Switchback fills up my big ass hand hand decent and I am able to get a good purchase on the grip.
Get to know HBI and their product line, great company and quality work.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 3:31:23 AM EDT
[#28]

What buttstock is that?
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 3:45:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HeavyArtillery] [#29]
Originally Posted By madmedic:

What buttstock is that?
View Quote

B&T Polymer stock adapter made by A3 Tactical.  LINK
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 6:47:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By HeavyArtillery:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HeavyArtillery:
Originally Posted By madmedic:

What buttstock is that?

Thank you!

Damn! out of stock.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 2:02:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Came across a local EVO 3 S1 Pistol with flash can and folding stock in like new condition.  Seller is asking $950 for it.  Come with two 20 round magazines and a soft case.  What's the going price on these?  It's like this one.

https://cz-usa.com/product/cz-scorpion-evo-3-s1-pistol-w-flash-can-and-folding-brace/
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 3:32:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By PearlWhiteGT:
Came across a local EVO 3 S1 Pistol with flash can and folding stock in like new condition.  Seller is asking $950 for it.  Come with two 20 round magazines and a soft case.  What's the going price on these?  It's like this one.

https://cz-usa.com/product/cz-scorpion-evo-3-s1-pistol-w-flash-can-and-folding-brace/
View Quote
Not bad, especially since no transfer fee or sales tax if it's F2F.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 6:39:03 AM EDT
[#33]
Thanks, I ended up trading my older Sig P938 and $150 on top for his EVO.  Going to filed strip it and give it a good inspection and cleaning then take it out to the range.  What are some of the first mods that should be done on these PCC's?  I'm very new to the Scorpion EVO platform.  

Link Posted: 8/12/2022 7:26:03 AM EDT
[#34]
Still waiting on my stamp, but cut the HG in anticipation. I really do not like the angle of the OE HG and want to recess the suppressor.
I also bought a Pakse HG to try aswell

Link Posted: 8/12/2022 8:48:21 AM EDT
[#35]
Still waiting on my stamp, but cut the HG in anticipation. I really do not like the angle of the OE HG and want to recess the suppressor.

https://imgdump5.novarata.net/800x941/02a86y.jpg
https://imgdump5.novarata.net/800x941/cbupxp.jpg

View Quote

The handguard chop looks great!
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 1:57:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlphaThree] [#36]

https://imgdump5.novarata.net/800x941/02a86y.jpg
https://imgdump5.novarata.net/800x941/cbupxp.jpg

View Quote

Nice. Can you slip a 1.5” OD suppressor up in there?
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 2:23:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Thanks, I ended up trading my older Sig P938 and $150 on top for his EVO.  Going to filed strip it and give it a good inspection and cleaning then take it out to the range.  What are some of the first mods that should be done on these PCC's?  I'm very new to the Scorpion EVO platform.  

https://i.imgur.com/dcc7LYa.jpg
View Quote
A grip and safety selector switch would be #1 and #2.  The grip angle is hot garbage.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 3:42:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By JuanPing:
A grip and safety selector switch would be #1 and #2.  The grip angle is hot garbage.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JuanPing:

https://i.imgur.com/dcc7LYa.jpg

To add to the group and safety, the HBI trigger kit, like $10 and makes the trigger much better
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 6:48:36 AM EDT
[#39]

To add to the group and safety, the HBI trigger kit, like $10 and makes the trigger much better
View Quote

Thanks. I'm looking to add the Theta Forward trigger as well.  I'm not that big on the long flash can, if I remove it can I purchase a shorter handguard and muzzle device to run without any issues?
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 12:05:46 AM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

Yeah, for $10 it's a no brainer. The one spring is a pain to get in the right place though.
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 11:19:17 AM EDT
[#41]
Which pistol grip has the most vertical angle? Magpul, strike, yeti?
Link Posted: 8/27/2022 10:41:49 AM EDT
[#42]
View Quote

Get an adapter that allows AR-15 grips and use whatever. Magpul K2+ was what I used.
Link Posted: 8/27/2022 3:52:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BorderDave] [#43]
View Quote

Here is the Magpul and the Yeti Wurks Switchback grip (w/Hogue slip-on attached).

They both have about the same angle.  The Yeti Wurks Switchback grip allows your hand to go higher on the firearm, while not hanging down as far as the Magpul grip.

I will sell the Yeti grip if you're interested.
Link Posted: 8/27/2022 10:26:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Anyone install one of these Nexus striker blocks? Supposedly helps with a rare OOB strike that could occur.
Link Posted: 8/28/2022 1:54:39 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By JK-919:
Anyone install one of these Nexus striker blocks? Supposedly helps with a rare OOB strike that could occur.
View Quote

Yeah, I just did one on mine. Took like 5 minutes to install.
Link Posted: 8/28/2022 8:06:49 AM EDT
[#46]
View Quote

Will have to check these out. $45 isn't terrible for some piece of mind.
Link Posted: 8/28/2022 3:34:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Mav3rick:

Will have to check these out. $45 isn't terrible for some piece of mind.
View Quote

Here's the video to follow if you end up getting it:
EASY breakdown and rebuild of CZ SCORPION BOLT, cleaning with JUST ONE TOOL
Link Posted: 8/28/2022 7:38:37 PM EDT
[#48]

Here's the video to follow if you end up getting it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Als0JHLmAYY
View Quote

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 7:29:49 PM EDT
[#49]
Strike Industries has two new items for the Scorpion.

Overmold grip
https://www.strikeindustries.com/index.php/si-cevo-omepg.html

Flared magwell
https://www.strikeindustries.com/index.php/si-cevo-magwell.html

I kind of want to try both of them.  So far I've liked the SI stuff I've bought.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 9:16:33 AM EDT
[#50]
I wonder how that grip compares to the one from Magpul.
Page / 251
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 248 of 251)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top