Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 188 of 251)
Page / 251
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 3:52:31 PM EDT
[#1]
The HBI spring kit is well worth the ~$9 and 20 minutes it takes to install.  It's practically a must-have for any Scorpion owner.
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 5:10:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RogueJSK:
The HBI spring kit is well worth the ~$9 and 20 minutes it takes to install.  It's practically a must-have for any Scorpion owner.
View Quote
Yup
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 10:28:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Shadowstep:

both are fine, the sb is easier to find and is and looks cheaper. Personally the tailhook looks weird to me though hangs down alot further at the butt end,

"not my picture"

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1115/7250/products/18954762_10212716915455632_789597140977351797_o_grande.jpg?v=1502153703

is my picture

https://s25.postimg.org/6z628phbz/Scorp4-_Small.jpg
View Quote
what length handguard/barrel is yours?
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 10:51:20 AM EDT
[#4]
You guys that have installed the spring kit haven't had any ammo that the primers were too hard to work?  My only hold up was concern over a weak strike or a spongy reset.
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 8:46:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PC-Tech] [#5]
Originally Posted By FiremanFrank:
You guys that have installed the spring kit haven't had any ammo that the primers were too hard to work?  My only hold up was concern over a weak strike or a spongy reset.
View Quote
I installed it back on Nov of 2015 and never had an issue with any ammo.  Including reloads I make.  I've use CCI, Winchester, & Federal primers.  I have several thousand rounds through it with the spring.  I would not expect any issues with primers not going off as the hammer spring is not part of the HBI Kit.

I did not like the feel with the disconnector spring. So I put the factory one back in.  It make it feel like a 2 stage trigger with the HBI trigger spring and the factory disconnector spring. 

Hope that helps.
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 5:40:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By PC-Tech:

I installed it back on Nov of 2015 and never had an issue with any ammo.  Including reloads I make.  I've use CCI, Winchester, & Federal primers.  I have several thousand rounds through it with the spring.  I would not expect any issues with primers not going off as the hammer spring is not part of the HBI Kit.

I did not like the feel with the disconnector spring. So I put the factory one back in.  It make it feel like a 2 stage trigger with the HBI trigger spring and the factory disconnector spring. 

Hope that helps.
View Quote
Same here, going toward 7000 rounds and never a problem. It has no effect on primer impact at all shooting reloads or factory.
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 6:09:30 PM EDT
[#7]
My replacement lower's got the tight magwell issue. Mags go in fine, click in fine. Comes time to eject? I have to pull pretty hard, definitely not drop free.
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 1:39:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: f40] [#8]
View Quote
Hammer spring is stock so no change in ignition power.

Reset is quite tactile and audible. I usually clean up the edge of the disconnector a bit as I've seen quite a few with a burr on the hook.
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 6:15:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Anyone using the Gen 1 stock (hook type)? Hows the lock up? Nice and tight at the hinge and on the dovetail? Lockup where it hooks to the magwell? I tried one of the magnet type factory folders and it didn't line up correctly and ended up returning it so I am kinda hunting for the hook type but wanted some info/opinions before I committed.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 1:00:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Anybody try the Midwest RMR low mount?? It looks like the lowest you can get in a QD mount. Does anyone know if the larue or ADM mount allow a cowitness with the factory irons? Don't need a full cowitness but would like the irons to be usable if the battery were dead.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 5:24:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By ShadowAngel:
My replacement lower's got the tight magwell issue. Mags go in fine, click in fine. Comes time to eject? I have to pull pretty hard, definitely not drop free.
View Quote
Is the bolt back or forward?  I heard guys having issues of tight mags when the bolt is back.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 5:24:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Lots of talk on facebook about the Scorpion firing out of battery.  Has that been discussed here?
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 8:44:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Rem700PSS:
Is the bolt back or forward?  I heard guys having issues of tight mags when the bolt is back.  
View Quote
Either. Even if the lower's not installed. Have 2 EVO's, and this replacement lower is WAY tighter than the others.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 8:44:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Lots of talk on facebook about the Scorpion firing out of battery.  Has that been discussed here?
View Quote
Never had that happen out of...about 5k rounds?
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 11:06:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By MrMitch:
Anybody try the Midwest RMR low mount?? It looks like the lowest you can get in a QD mount. Does anyone know if the larue or ADM mount allow a cowitness with the factory irons? Don't need a full cowitness but would like the irons to be usable if the battery were dead.
View Quote
I think the CZ Custom RMR mount will cowittness
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 11:06:33 PM EDT
[#16]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Yeah I'm a touch over 3k rounds and no issues with that at all. Shooting 95% suppressed.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 11:22:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Hbi micro rail with ILWT 3-lug/1/2x28 barrel, hbi springs, hbi ak safety, holosun solar microdot, magpul handstop and running omega9k with griffin 3 lug.  I love this thing!

Link Posted: 9/12/2017 7:50:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By CaptShiess:
Hbi micro rail with ILWT 3-lug/1/2x28 barrel, hbi springs, hbi ak safety, holosun solar microdot, magpul handstop and running omega9k with griffin 3 lug.  I love this thing!
http://i67.tinypic.com/20ijqtt.jpg
http://i63.tinypic.com/walufo.jpg
http://i64.tinypic.com/2iblrth.jpg
View Quote
Stop posting and teasing...you're going to make me spend more money that I shouldn't...LOL
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 9:03:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By YugoslavSKS:

Stop posting and teasing...you're going to make me spend more money that I shouldn't...LOL
View Quote
Even with the money spent it is still less than a similarly equipped mpx.  The scorpion is just too cool!
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 9:18:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Even with the money spent it is still less than a similarly equipped mpx.  The scorpion is just too cool!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By YugoslavSKS:

I know...

I just got done changing some things and this is the current config. I've thought about going shorter and getting the flat handguard but i'm not quite sure I want too. Your pics are REALLY making me want to though!
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 12:14:31 PM EDT
[#21]
This is a long shot but I thought I would ask.  Has anyone compared the magazine size of the VZ61 Skorpion with the new Skorpion EVO mags to see if the VZ61 mag pouch would work with the EVO 3 20 round 9mm mags?
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 12:35:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By blfuller:
This is a long shot but I thought I would ask.  Has anyone compared the magazine size of the VZ61 Skorpion with the new Skorpion EVO mags to see if the VZ61 mag pouch would work with the EVO 3 20 round 9mm mags?
View Quote
my Evo mags feel huge compared to my .380 vz61 mags
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 11:15:15 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By blfuller:
View Quote
If you're wanting a cheap surplus mag pouch for your Evo magazines, I've read that they they fit in surplus Czech Vz. 23/24/25/26 SMG magazine pouches.

Evo magazines are also compatible with some MP7 mag pouches.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 11:56:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By RogueJSK:

If you're wanting a cheap surplus mag pouch for your Evo magazines, I've read that they they fit in surplus Czech Vz. 23/24/25/26 SMG magazine pouches.

Evo magazines are also compatible with some MP7 mag pouches.
View Quote
They fit my BFG mp7 pouch, snuggly
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 6:39:15 PM EDT
[#25]
View Quote
Nice setup!  I'm getting a Scorpion soon and buying parts as well speak. What stock is that?  I'm assuming your Scorpion is SBR'd seeing that it's not a brace.  Is it CZ factory stock??
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 12:00:11 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Lucretius76:

Nice setup!  I'm getting a Scorpion soon and buying parts as well speak. What stock is that?  I'm assuming your Scorpion is SBR'd seeing that it's not a brace.  Is it CZ factory stock??
View Quote
Not who you asked the question to, but yes that is the factory folding stock.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 3:25:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thebomber] [#27]
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 3:28:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Hey guys,

I'm just now joining/subscribing to this thread as I got a Scorpion a few weeks ago at LGS after they offered me a bit of a deal on it.

I bought the carbine length "flash can" pistol version thinking it was ideal for running my Rugged Obsidian inside the hand guard.

I hated it.  Using the threaded mount on my Obsidian I had multiple times problems where after shooting it I would try to remove the suppressor and instead of unthreading from the barrel I would end up unthreading part of the suppressor itself.  With no access into the hand guard it was a real PITA.

So, I ordered a bunch of crap from HBI including their 6 inch hand guard and think I'm much happier with this setup.  Now I'm waiting for Manticore to manufacture more 3-lug adapters and I will splurge on that + the Obsidian 3 lug internal mount and should be pretty G2G.

I do have a few Qs for the many here more knowledgeable than myself.

1. With HBI hand guard you lose the factory forward sling mount.  What M LOK mounts are you guys using that position the sling so it doesn't interfere with the charging handle?

2. I bought/installed the Tailhook setup from Prepper Gun Shop and quite like it.  This was a holdover until I SBR the gun but now I'm wondering if I should even bother. Assuming I do SBR can I just change the Tailhook adapter out for the factory stock end or do I need to replace the whole thing?

3. Does anyone have pics/feedback on using the new Magpul M LOK AFG on the Scorpion with the HBI hand guard?  I usually prefer vertical angled mounts like the BCM on my SBRs but have been pretty happy with AFG2 on my X95.  My understanding is that Magpul AFG is G2G from an NFA perspective on a pistol but anything that could be mistaken for a VFG is not okay.

4. Is there any market/interest in resale of the carbine hand guard, barrel nut and factory flash can?  If I can re-sell them it will help pay for all the other crap I am buying.

Thanks, sorry for long post.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 5:50:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By voip-1:
Hey guys,

I'm just now joining/subscribing to this thread as I got a Scorpion a few weeks ago at LGS after they offered me a bit of a deal on it.

I bought the carbine length "flash can" pistol version thinking it was ideal for running my Rugged Obsidian inside the hand guard.

I hated it.  Using the threaded mount on my Obsidian I had multiple times problems where after shooting it I would try to remove the suppressor and instead of unthreading from the barrel I would end up unthreading part of the suppressor itself.  With no access into the hand guard it was a real PITA.

So, I ordered a bunch of crap from HBI including their 6 inch hand guard and think I'm much happier with this setup.  Now I'm waiting for Manticore to manufacture more 3-lug adapters and I will splurge on that + the Obsidian 3 lug internal mount and should be pretty G2G.

I do have a few Qs for the many here more knowledgeable than myself.

1. With HBI hand guard you lose the factory forward sling mount.  What M LOK mounts are you guys using that position the sling so it doesn't interfere with the charging handle?

2. I bought/installed the Tailhook setup from Prepper Gun Shop and quite like it.  This was a holdover until I SBR the gun but now I'm wondering if I should even bother. Assuming I do SBR can I just change the Tailhook adapter out for the factory stock end or do I need to replace the whole thing?

3. Does anyone have pics/feedback on using the new Magpul M LOK AFG on the Scorpion with the HBI hand guard?  I usually prefer vertical angled mounts like the BCM on my SBRs but have been pretty happy with AFG2 on my X95.  My understanding is that Magpul AFG is G2G from an NFA perspective on a pistol but anything that could be mistaken for a VFG is not okay.

4. Is there any market/interest in resale of the carbine hand guard, barrel nut and factory flash can?  If I can re-sell them it will help pay for all the other crap I am buying.

Thanks, sorry for long post.
View Quote
You should have went with the 3 lug first, I like the longer hand guard because I have long arms. List the hand guard and accessories in the EE.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 7:06:58 PM EDT
[#30]
If you were signed up you probably got the email.  CZ has more packs in for the world model swap.  I just did it.  Extremely easy, (you do need your code sent in email though).  Gotta love that CZ decided to go the extra step.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 7:17:28 PM EDT
[#31]
i still haven't got an email from them. I guess I was late to the game? Dunno. We'll see.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 11:59:51 PM EDT
[#32]
You guys with the short handguards, what length are you cutting your barrels to to get the K config? And who are you having chop it?
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 12:31:15 AM EDT
[#33]
It was reported on the CZ owner's forum that HBI would be selling hand guards with the shorter barrels ready for drop in.  At least I think that's what I read.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 3:13:56 AM EDT
[#34]
I wish there was more of a selection of handguards out there
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 7:18:17 AM EDT
[#35]
You guys with the short handguards, what length are you cutting your barrels to to get the K config? And who are you having chop it?
View Quote
5.3" is whst HBI recommends as the shortest length for their K handguard. Taylor Pickerell jas been chopping the barrels from day one. If you use FB just search for his name.

HBI told me that my k configuration was the first one they knew of outside of their shop.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 7:18:36 AM EDT
[#36]
View Quote
5.3" is whst HBI recommends as the shortest length for their K handguard. Taylor Pickerell jas been chopping the barrels from day one. If you use FB just search for his name.

HBI told me that my k configuration was the first one they knew of outside of their shop.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 9:27:17 AM EDT
[#37]
View Quote
I don't know my exact barrel length but I'm pissed I didn't get it cut to the step in the barrel around 5.100
Morgan at Class III Machining
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 10:55:56 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:

I don't know my exact barrel length but I'm pissed I didn't get it cut to the step in the barrel around 5.100
View Quote
Why is that?  To possibly recess the suppressor more under the handguard?  

That is my plan.  To 3 lug and suppress my Evo.  So short is important to me. Just trying to figure out what length to cut the barrel
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 12:47:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By jekbrown:
i still haven't got an email from them. I guess I was late to the game? Dunno. We'll see.
View Quote
I just signed up when folks here posted about them being available, last week? Got the email yesterday.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 7:49:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 8:26:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:

View Quote
Yep, Thanks to Brad, Mine was chopped to the step by Morgan and is perfect.  Morgan returned my email asap and had my barrel for 5 days to include shipping.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 10:27:37 PM EDT
[#42]

Why is that?  To possibly recess the suppressor more under the handguard?  

That is my plan.  To 3 lug and suppress my Evo.  So short is important to me. Just trying to figure out what length to cut the barrel
View Quote
It looks fucking stupid to me and I use a Gemtech female three lug which is pretty long so i could probably fit another .500" under the handguard.

Oh well
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 12:19:55 PM EDT
[#43]
I have listed carbine length factory handguard barrel but and flash can in the equipment exchange if anyone wants the parts.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 2:51:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Burnsy87] [#44]
What should I go with for an mlok light mount?  Have the carbine handguard on my SBR.

I'd prefer to use my Inforce WML light I think.
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 2:38:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Manticore_Arms] [#45]
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 9:38:49 PM EDT
[#46]
View Quote
Niiiice.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 8:29:04 AM EDT
[#47]
Do current production carbines and stock kits have a metal or polymer adapter base (the piece that slides onto the rear of the receiver)
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 11:31:24 AM EDT
[#48]
View Quote
Haven't ran into any issues, my Scorp eats everything I've fed it.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 2:36:29 PM EDT
[#49]
I know this has probably been done to death in this thread, but I'm trying to plan out suppressor purchases in the not too distant future. I'd like to get an osprey, but they don't make a piston in the same thread pitch as the scorpion. The scorpion is 18x1 and the piston comes in 16x1. Does anyone know if it can be re-threaded to 16x1? I guess I could always get a shorter handguard and have the barrel cut down, but that would be the (slightly) more expensive option.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 4:18:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Just have it re-threaded 1/2x28 if you're set on an Osprey
Page / 251
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 188 of 251)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top