Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 187 of 251)
Page / 251
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 1:28:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, replaced the pistol handguard with the carbine yesterday.  Pistol barrel nut was a pain in the dick.  Range day Wednesday, we'll see if I screwed it up.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 3:26:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jekbrown:
I think just about any rail mount AR sights would work.  I'm using HK416 sights with an MP5 sight drum swapped in. The 416 sights are roughly 3/8" shorter than AR sights, but the RDS sight I use sits right about "AR Height" and they are both within the 'range' of what is cozy to use. I don't know which sights would be optimal for use with any other stock though...the only one I've had on my scorpion is the Manticore slider.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By m4hooah:Thanks for the feedback.  What would you use for taller sights?

Also...  Does anyone know what happened with the Side Project Zhukov adapter?
I think just about any rail mount AR sights would work.  I'm using HK416 sights with an MP5 sight drum swapped in. The 416 sights are roughly 3/8" shorter than AR sights, but the RDS sight I use sits right about "AR Height" and they are both within the 'range' of what is cozy to use. I don't know which sights would be optimal for use with any other stock though...the only one I've had on my scorpion is the Manticore slider.
I've been looking at 416 sights for my Scorpion, do you have a picture?

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 3:29:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Anyone used the 'SOB' or 'Vector PSB' by SB Tactical braces on their EVO?

I think both would look sharp but I can't find any pictures of that setup online.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 5:35:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I just got an email from CZ regarding the Scorpion Trigger Swap.  I followed the instructions on the email and "opt in"d for a "Free Trigger Pack, with Free Economy Shipping".  Guess I'll see what happens.  Anyone else "opt in"?
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 6:51:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By seattlite:
I just got an email from CZ regarding the Scorpion Trigger Swap.  I followed the instructions on the email and "opt in"d for a "Free Trigger Pack, with Free Economy Shipping".  Guess I'll see what happens.  Anyone else "opt in"?
View Quote
I got the email, but on the site it's showing that the trigger swaps are sold out and I can't add it to my cart.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 6:54:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Hoping CZ didn't word this email incorrectly...they are making it sound like you get a brandy new pack without sending your old one in yet It's still being referred to as an exchange/swap.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:14:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Baxpin:

I got the email, but on the site it's showing that the trigger swaps are sold out and I can't add it to my cart.
View Quote
Same here  
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:50:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By NovaHokie9:
Same here  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NovaHokie9:

Same here  
Yep, signed up to be notified upon more getting back into stock.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:07:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By GTHKTX:I've been looking at 416 sights for my Scorpion, do you have a picture?

Thanks
View Quote
sure, np.

Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:34:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 8:06:30 AM EDT
[#11]
I logged in but it won't let me add to cart. And it keeps telling me to log in. Get it together, CZ.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:17:26 AM EDT
[#12]
I got the email but they were out of stock when I went to add it to my cart.  My guess is the new trigger pack will come with instructions to return the old one.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:03:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Follow up email from CZ is out. They're having some serious tech issues due to a storm. Actually a really humorous email, if I wasn't on my phone I'd screen shot it and post it.

If you got the original email yesterday, they have a trigger pack for you. Just waiting for their IT department to get their servers back up.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:21:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Burnsy87:
Follow up email from CZ is out. They're having some serious tech issues due to a storm. Actually a really humorous email, if I wasn't on my phone I'd screen shot it and post it.

If you got the original email yesterday, they have a trigger pack for you. Just waiting for their IT department to get their servers back up.
View All Quotes

James B. is that you?

Email regarding server/weather issues.

Starting Monday, August 21 we began the first wave of Scorpion Trigger Swaps. Starting with the oldest registrants in our system, we sent out emails directing these customers to our webstore to complete an order for a free replacement trigger pack, with the option to opt out and get a discount coupon for use on the webstore. With this swap there is no need to return your original trigger pack.

In a comically tragic turn of events, storms rolled through Kansas City area Monday afternoon, throwing a wrench in the works with a power surge. As of Tuesday afternoon, key systems were still having trouble booting, meaning our webstore remains offline.  

We apologize for the further delay, but cattle prods can only make our IT department work so fast.

If you have received the email to begin the swap, click that link every 4-6 hours to see if our webstore is back up and running. There should be plenty of trigger packs to complete the swap (so long as someone doesn’t try to order 1,111 of them – looking at you James B.).

If you haven’t yet received the email, we’d appreciate your patience as we work our way forward in the queue of customers who signed up. We should be able to take care of these swaps in several large waves, so there should not be a substantial delay.

Look for further correspondence later this week when a flood, tornado or other natural disaster yet again foils our attempt to make right by Scorpion owners.

Just kidding!

We hope...

CZ-USA
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:26:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Site is back up and running and trigger packs are in stock!  Go get 'em
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:38:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Site is back up and running and trigger packs are in stock!  Go get 'em
View Quote
Just ordered mine
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:43:52 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm not James B but that part made me laugh.

Mine just went through as well. I wish this would have happened a year ago, but I'll give CZ credit for the mag discount and being honest with us the last 2 days.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 7:21:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Just ordered mine. Weird that they don't want the old ones back...guess they have no use for them.

Guess I'll just mod the second one and use it as an extra.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:01:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Got my order in as well.  Bonus with the mag discount.  Bravo, CZ.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:09:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jekbrown] [#20]
I got the status email but not the initial "your number is up" email...but I just wanted to once again give CZ USA kudos for the whole "world trigger pack deal". They helped a lot of people beat the 41F deadline, including myself. They didn't have too, and the vast majority of gun makers wouldn't have. They knew dealing with the whole replacement trigger pack issue would be sort of a boondoggle, and probably cost them a bunch of $...but they still did it. That's how a great business conducts itself right there...and that's how brand loyalty is built. I haven't got one yet, but the CZ Bren is on my "list" now...mostly because it's a great gun, but also partially because of their customer-first mindset when it comes to how they handle the Scorpion and 41F. Huge kudos!
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:51:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:44:52 PM EDT
[#22]
I got the status email but not the initial "your number is up" email...but I just wanted to once again give CZ USA kudos for the whole "world trigger pack deal". They helped a lot of people beat the 41F deadline, including myself. They didn't have too, and the vast majority of gun makers wouldn't have. They knew dealing with the whole replacement trigger pack issue would be sort of a boondoggle, and probably cost them a bunch of $...but they still did it. That's how a great business conducts itself right there...and that's how brand loyalty is built. I haven't got one yet, but the CZ Bren is on my "list" now...mostly because it's a great gun, but also partially because of their customer-first mindset when it comes to how they handle the Scorpion and 41F. Huge kudos!
View Quote
Don't think anyone could have said it better!

As for the BREN...you will NOT be disappointed!
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:56:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Trigger pack is showing out of stock for me.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 12:16:12 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Boosdady:
Trigger pack is showing out of stock for me.
View Quote
Likewise, guess I'll be checking on and off the next few days.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 5:49:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By YugoslavSKS:
Just ordered mine. Weird that they don't want the old ones back...guess they have no use for them.

Guess I'll just mod the second one and use it as an extra.
View Quote
I'm sure they have a use, they still use the welded pack for other counties due to local laws,it is the liability of a used part that they don't have a use for.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 3:55:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Trigger pack was in stock, got my order in.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 4:50:34 PM EDT
[#27]
In stock today, order went through.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 5:36:31 PM EDT
[#28]
View Quote
I was coming here to post this, but you said it much better than I could have.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 12:25:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: seattlite] [#29]
Originally Posted By seattlite:
View Quote
I just received my shipping confirmation and tracking.  Ordered was placed on 8-21-17 1413 PDT.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 4:31:52 PM EDT
[#30]
I was able to place my order yesterday for my trigger pack replacement.  CZ-USA is good people.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:08:26 PM EDT
[#31]
where are you guy's getting your 416 sights from? Ebay? , hkparts etc.?
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 9:43:54 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 10:29:00 AM EDT
[#33]
HK416 sights: I don't remember off the top of my head, the rail mount / base part was used, and the upper portion / MP5 drum was new...all real kraut HK Parts. Not cheap, but kind of awesome.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 10:29:17 AM EDT
[#34]
HK416 sights: I don't remember off the top of my head, the rail mount / base part was used, and the upper portion / MP5 drum was new...all real kraut HK Parts. Not cheap, but kind of awesome.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 11:18:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Baxpin] [#35]
In case anyone was wondering, I just got an email back from CZ support and the replacement trigger packs going out are Czech made...no American made parts, for those who care about that sort of thing.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 2:29:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Going to sell my 922r kit and leave mine a pistol. Can't decide on the SB brace or a tailhook.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 3:34:05 PM EDT
[#37]
How much are 30 round mags usually? With the emailed code, it says applied and $19.99 for individual price.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 3:36:40 PM EDT
[#38]
that's meh. Isn't the holiday sale price closer to $16?
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 7:48:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Shadowstep] [#39]
In case anyone was wondering, I just got an email back from CZ support and the replacement trigger packs going out are Czech made...no American made parts, for those who care about that sort of thing.
View Quote
both are fine, the sb is easier to find and is and looks cheaper. Personally the tailhook looks weird to me though hangs down alot further at the butt end,

"not my picture"

is my picture

Link Posted: 8/31/2017 2:10:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Coax] [#40]
Got my replacement trigger guard and pack assembly and followed the instructions from CZ. The magazine well is either too tight or the mag catch is different shaped because mags will not drop free and almost get stuck in there.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 2:20:42 PM EDT
[#41]
yikes, that's not good. Makes me more likely to get the %-off deal on their www site rather than taking spare trigger parts. Anyone else experiencing this?
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 6:16:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Can some please post a link to the trigger swap on the website.  

Apparently I'm an idiot and can't find it.

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 7:16:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By paraord16:
Can some please post a link to the trigger swap on the website.  

Apparently I'm an idiot and can't find it.

Thanks
View Quote
As far as I can tell, it's an invite-via-email only thing at the moment.  First people that registered a year+ ago for it got the first round of emails.  Did you sign up to the notified?
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 8:34:42 PM EDT
[#44]
I signed up, but haven't received ANY emails yet...kind of annoying.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 11:25:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Got my replacement trigger pack in today. I converted mine a long time ago so I didn't really even need it, but it's nice to have a complete lower as a spare. Awesome of CZ to do that, too.
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 4:50:28 AM EDT
[#46]

As far as I can tell, it's an invite-via-email only thing at the moment.  First people that registered a year+ ago for it got the first round of emails.  Did you sign up to the notified?
View Quote
So, all I would need to do is register my CZ on their site and eventually I'll get an email?
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 7:55:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: YugoslavSKS] [#47]
Originally Posted By Coax:
Got my replacement trigger guard and pack assembly and followed the instructions from CZ. The magazine well is either too tight or the mag catch is different shaped because mags will not drop free and almost get stuck in there.
View Quote
Some what of a similar issue here. What I have noticed is that my 20 rounders "pop out" with some force. Clean 30 rounders don't pop like the 20's but they drop free. Dirty 30 round mags...now that is where the issue is! Need to give them a good tug to get them out and won't drop free. I didn't test the factory mag catch due to installing my HBi catch as soon as I got the pack (I switched to the new one and plan on using the old one as a spare) so I can't say that my factory catch was any different. I also ordered a polymer duckbill release from HBi for this pack so we'll see what happens when that one gets installed.

ETA: Testing the new pack without the mag catch installed shows that the pack might be a little bit tighter. My clean 20 rounders continue to slide in and out with ease but a dirty 30 rounder is still tight in the magwell. A quick wipe with a slightly oiled rag took care of it and the 30 rounder slid in and out with no hang ups.

Maybe try giving the magwell/mag a quick wipe with a rag (tiny bit of clp on it) and it should be fine.
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 9:24:04 AM EDT
[#48]
Now that I've got my replacement trigger pack, what should I do to improve this trigger?  HBI springs?  HBI springs + one of the HBI triggers?  I honestly don't know what else is out there to compare, and I'd like to not spend much money.
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 9:54:06 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By copperhead035:
Now that I've got my replacement trigger pack, what should I do to improve this trigger?  HBI springs?  HBI springs + one of the HBI triggers?  I honestly don't know what else is out there to compare, and I'd like to not spend much money.
View Quote
The spring kit alone will make a noticeable difference. Wouldn't worry about a trigger unless you need it for 922r.
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 12:12:48 PM EDT
[#50]
yeah, the HBI spring is all you really need to make the trigger entirely serviceable. Honestly, I don't think the factory trigger is unusable. Not great, but not HORRIBLE. Some people freak out about triggers and expect every gun ever made to feel like a $250 Geissele or something. Trigger snobs seem to have got even worse than Colt snobs these days.
Page / 251
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 187 of 251)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top