Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 186 of 251)
Page / 251
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 8:24:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jekbrown:
I like the Zhukov stock and have one on my Saiga, but the plastic hinge much does concern me. Like others on the www, I have tried the "smack it in the side test" and I can get it to fold without pressing the button doing that, some the rest of it may be super durable, but the hinge is questionable long term, imo.

I run the manticore collapsible with a modded butt plate. Love it. Like the Zhukov, I do like sightly taller than stock sights with it as well. Stock sights work, it's just not as comfortable for me (really gotta press the cheek to the bars).
View Quote
Thanks for the feedback.  What would you use for taller sights?

Also...  Does anyone know what happened with the Side Project Zhukov adapter?
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 8:52:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Vuong0916:
What discreet range bags are you guys using for the evo pistol with brace?
View Quote
Phitz trumpet bag
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 9:23:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Wilson tennis racket bag
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 9:46:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By m4hooah:Thanks for the feedback.  What would you use for taller sights?

Also...  Does anyone know what happened with the Side Project Zhukov adapter?
View Quote
I think just about any rail mount AR sights would work.  I'm using HK416 sights with an MP5 sight drum swapped in. The 416 sights are roughly 3/8" shorter than AR sights, but the RDS sight I use sits right about "AR Height" and they are both within the 'range' of what is cozy to use. I don't know which sights would be optimal for use with any other stock though...the only one I've had on my scorpion is the Manticore slider.
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 12:03:03 PM EDT
[#5]
View Quote
I use my old back pack from college.
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 5:36:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Best price on scorpion evo right now?
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 5:53:13 PM EDT
[#7]
I paid 599 about a month ago.
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 6:22:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Where?
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 6:40:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 7:25:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By snackgunner:
Where?
View Quote
Keep an eye on GunBroker.  I've seen used ones for around $600.
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 8:14:54 PM EDT
[#11]
View Quote
Phitz mandolin case.  The EVO fits perfect with the brace (SBT) unfolded and would probably work equally as well with a suppressor and the brace folded.
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 8:45:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Discreet schmacreet. Pelican 1720!
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 6:29:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Gdirty5:
I paid 599 about a month ago.
View Quote
Brand new?!?
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 1:14:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By snackgunner:
Where?
View Quote
Georgia gun store
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 1:14:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gdirty5] [#15]
Originally Posted By CJofFL:

Brand new?!?
View Quote
Yes

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 1:52:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Shadowstep] [#16]
View Quote
I want another evo now
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 2:18:07 PM EDT
[#17]
That's a killer deal! Now they're OOS and $761.
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 3:35:09 PM EDT
[#18]
that is a hella good price. Nicely done!
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 6:24:26 PM EDT
[#19]
that is a hella good price. Nicely done!
View Quote
Since I saved on retail, I bought the trigger spring kit, Trigger shoe, grip and 3 lug before it was even shipped.  Added an RMR I had sitting around.
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 7:24:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jekbrown] [#20]
Originally Posted By Gdirty5:Since I saved on retail, I bought the trigger spring kit, Trigger shoe, grip and 3 lug before it was even shipped.  Added an RMR I had sitting around.
View Quote
You know you're living the dream when you have trijicon optics "just sitting around", lol.
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 7:25:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Barrel back from Morgan @class III today, thanks again @bradpierson26. Had it cut and threaded down to shoulder and installed HBI Micro handguard.

Link Posted: 8/8/2017 9:41:30 PM EDT
[#22]

You know you're living the dream when you have trijicon optics "just sitting around", lol.
View Quote
I still have another RMR sitting in the box on ADM mount if you are looking for one!  My MRO came back from Trijicon, and is back on the m10/9
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 10:29:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Idaholandho:
Barrel back from Morgan @class III today, thanks again @bradpierson26. Had it cut and threaded down to shoulder and installed HBI Micro handguard.
http://i.imgur.com/RMN9zy9.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/B5bfpGm.jpg?1
View Quote
Niiice.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 1:41:55 AM EDT
[#24]
I still have another RMR sitting in the box on ADM mount if you are looking for one!  My MRO came back from Trijicon, and is back on the m10/9
View Quote
To rich for my blood. Trijicon is there kind of thing I wouldn't run on anything but a shtf gun. They are awesome, just to expensive for me to justify putting on other guns. If I find myself with a spare $600 laying around, I'm more prone to just starting to build another gun or buying ammo.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 12:25:31 AM EDT
[#25]
It's likely been discussed but...not going through 100+ pages. 

Trying to decide between CZ stock and the Zhukov stock.  Anyone with experience with both?  
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 7:13:09 AM EDT
[#26]
It has been discussed, in the last 2 pages, iirc.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 10:46:53 AM EDT
[#27]
Picture request.

Anyone have a Scorpion with the SB Tactical SOB brace on it?

I know the common decision is usually between the SBTEVO and SCORPION PSB but I'd be curious to see what the SOB brace looks like on it.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 12:50:05 PM EDT
[#28]

To rich for my blood. Trijicon is there kind of thing I wouldn't run on anything but a shtf gun. They are awesome, just to expensive for me to justify putting on other guns. If I find myself with a spare $600 laying around, I'm more prone to just starting to build another gun or buying ammo.
View Quote
When I started buying guns in my early 20's I was on a budget, and quickly realized you get what you pay for. I killed enough cheap optics to make me realize I don't want to waste my time with Chinese optics.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 4:27:49 PM EDT
[#29]
you do get what ya pay for...I'm just saying that I'm not gonna put a $1000+ optic on a gun I plink with.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 8:02:54 PM EDT
[#30]

When I started buying guns in my early 20's I was on a budget, and quickly realized you get what you pay for. I killed enough cheap optics to make me realize I don't want to waste my time with Chinese optics.
View Quote
Whatever, read up on the Primary Arms advanced micro dot. Folks are running them on shotguns.  Also you wrote those words on a device made in China.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 8:41:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Waiting for an aftermarket grip in FDE that I like, other than that it's done for now.

Link Posted: 8/11/2017 9:14:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By jefflebowski:

Whatever, read up on the Primary Arms advanced micro dot. Folks are running them on shotguns.  Also you wrote those words on a device made in China.
View Quote
I have killed 2 primary arms micro reflex sights, 2 comp m3 clones, and I have two micro aimpoint clones that have been plenty reliable.  So I do know about primary arms. And I would not put them on anything I trust my life to. So both the pa micro's are on 22lr's and the reflexes were trashed and the comp clones moved on to other people (both were replaced under warranty, both had a switch issue)

Now mind you the more expensive brands have failures too and i recent had one of my mro's sent back for warranty as it wouldn't get as bright as my others. Setting 5 and 6 were the same brightness. I have more red dots than your average person and plenty of experience with them.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 11:21:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jekbrown] [#33]
Yeah, their micro reflex sights were crap. Mine failed before I could even fire a single round. Just turned it on/off a few times and mounted it on a 22.

That said, all of the T1 clones I've got from them have been great.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 1:14:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Anyone using a holosun HS403A (the one with 50k hours of battery life) red dot? I remember seeing some people posting about their holosun dots but I can't seem to find it in the thread.

How are they working out and would you recommend this RDS for the scorpion?
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 6:11:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Idaholandho:
http://i.imgur.com/RMN9zy9.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/B5bfpGm.jpg?1
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Morgan did mine too.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 7:35:39 PM EDT
[#36]
hey! I wanna post a pic-a-ture too, not fairs

Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:00:18 AM EDT
[#37]
Got nothing paperwork-wise when I ordered the CZ carbine handguard.  What am I supposed to torque the barrel nut to?
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 12:56:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By jefflebowski:

View Quote
If he thinks he needs and wants too spend 4-600+ per RDS let him...

When I 1st found out about the P.A. Red Dots I was the same way, I kinda looked down on them and chuckled at my bud that had a few of them. 

Then, he loaned me one to put on a Rifle I was saving up for a RDS for...  Afters Zeroing it to that AR, banging it around for about 6 months then finally getting my RDS...  I was like these thing arent too bad...  Now I've got several P.A. reddots and a spare in the Gun-safe in case one would happen to break, but more often than not, it gets moved around..
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:26:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Got my Tailhook in today, it looks pretty damn good imo compared to other pistol braces. Just wish I could use the damn stock... :(

Link Posted: 8/15/2017 1:16:04 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By NE_Guardsman:
Got my Tailhook in today, it looks pretty damn good imo compared to other pistol braces. Just wish I could use the damn stock... :(
View Quote
You can, just pay the ATF $200.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 6:24:58 AM EDT
[#41]
Do the CZ scorpion stocks fit the receiver snug? I'm thinking about getting one with a tail hook. I have the SB brace, it wobbles and is getting worse. I know you can use set screws to tighten it, but I'm not a fan of that idea.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 10:28:34 AM EDT
[#42]
Fits like a glove.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 12:41:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RogueJSK] [#43]
Originally Posted By CJofFL:
Do the CZ scorpion stocks fit the receiver snug? I'm thinking about getting one with a tail hook.
View Quote
Rock solid.

Link Posted: 8/15/2017 12:49:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Frens] [#44]
Ive been shooting my Evo in stock conditions since 2013..
Well i installed HBI trigger and spring kit today.. Wow what a difference! And it was a super easy mod too
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 8:23:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Shadowstep:
hey! I wanna post a pic-a-ture too, not fairs

https://s25.postimg.org/6z628phbz/Scorp4-_Small.jpg
View Quote
Which brake / muzzle device is that? Looks very very nice
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 8:28:54 PM EDT
[#46]
SLR Synergy Minicomp it's about 1inch long past threads
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 9:52:01 PM EDT
[#47]
I've seen a few scorpions with Eotechs, can anyone give feedback on how they like them on it? Not concerned with weight, mainly the height of the sight. Have a Scorpion coming in the next few weeks and have a spare exps laying around. Planning on running the SBT evo brace before Sbring
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 7:09:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: akuser-47] [#48]
I just don't like how it looks at least the HHS. I popped it on so u can see never shot it on my scorpion. Well I am trying to figure out how to share images with imgur not simple like photofuckit was. I finally got it had to do it on my puter not my phone.

Link Posted: 8/20/2017 12:30:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thebert] [#49]
I was surfing around last night and found this. www.fire-field.com/product-details.php?item=784
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 7:59:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By thebert:
I was surfing around last night and found this. www.fire-field.com/product-details.php?item=784
View Quote
Nice find, I wish it came in FDE though. I'll probably still buy it eventually.
Page / 251
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 186 of 251)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top