Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
B&T 9mm Carbine APC9 (Page 68 of 73)
Page / 73
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 7:58:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: scuba_steve] [#1]
Finally got the eForm 1 approved.  Tar Heel engraving rocks.

Link Posted: 5/17/2022 8:07:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By scuba_steve:
Finally got the eForm 1 approved.  Tar Heel engraving rocks.

https://i.imgur.com/5cDe5Dk.png
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 5:12:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Would someone be willing to measure from tip to tail on their APC9 w/ collapsing brace?

Also curious about the actual length of the K if someone wants to provide that.
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 5:16:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Form 1 from February finally approved

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 7:09:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Magsz18:
Would someone be willing to measure from tip to tail on their APC9 w/ collapsing brace?

Also curious about the actual length of the K if someone wants to provide that.
View Quote

14.4" collapsed, 21.7" fully extended.  This is on the K.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 4:01:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Wetfuego:

14.4" collapsed, 21.7" fully extended.  This is on the K.
View Quote

Thank you buddy!

Now all I need are the full size measurements.

I'm leaning towards a full size for the extra top rail and handguard area but I need to be sure that it will fit into my size requirements.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 9:27:20 PM EDT
[#7]

Thank you buddy!

I'm leaning towards a full size for the extra top rail and handguard area but I need to be sure that it will fit into my size requirements.
View Quote

Full size should be about 2.5" more.  I like the K, but if I had to do it again I'd probably go for the full size.  The extra space on the handguard would be nice as I'm forced to magwell grip mine.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 9:28:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: scuba_steve] [#8]
Anyone managed to get their hands on the aftermarket KCI APC9 mags?  I've heard bad things about their other mags, but I am intrigued by the metal fed lips on their new APC9 mags.  Unfortunately, they have been pretty much unobtanium since the announcement.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 9:37:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bkultra] [#9]

Thank you buddy!

View Quote

APC9 fully collapsed with telescopic brace ≈16.75

APC9 fully extended ≈ 23.75

Link Posted: 6/7/2022 9:00:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Wolfman showed up after 332 days….super nice with 147 grain!
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 9:35:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By -KentuckyWindage-:
https://i.imgur.com/iE6oRB6.jpg
View Quote

Very nice.  

I have a wolfman in jail.  Looking forward to her.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 9:45:01 PM EDT
[#12]
I have a Ghost, the wolfman is .45...thinking about doing a wolfman as well.  Im hoping E-file form 4's will start working a lot earlier soon.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 10:30:43 PM EDT
[#13]

Very nice.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By -KentuckyWindage-:
https://i.imgur.com/iE6oRB6.jpg

Very nice.  

Link Posted: 6/9/2022 9:47:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Wolfman finally out of jail today.  E-filed on 3 Feb…approved 9 June.  I went with Keymicro because I want to try the Wolfman on a few of my 5.56 guns.  

Been though several configurations getting to where I wanted.  Finally at a 99% solution.  Just need a compact light that makes sense.  Open to suggestions.  

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 6:22:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheRat] [#15]
Has anyone tried one of these yet to compare to the OEM tele stock?
https://a3tactical.com/modular-telescoping-stock-b-t-apc/

Doesn't look quite as refined as the OEM telescoping stock, but dang if that price being about $300 less isn't interesting.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 4:02:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Isozaki] [#16]
Real dumb question

1. were is the best place to buy spare parts (usa)

2. On a 9k is that enough rail to mount a light on one side and a laser on the other?

3. what drum mags are confirmed to work? Do the 100 beta C mag drum work?

I made the choice to not get a sp5 due to the price and the cost of parts and mags and everything else that comes with it but i don't know a lot about this gun and I am offshore so i am trying to track everything down.

Link Posted: 6/12/2022 6:00:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Isozaki:
Real dumb question

2. On a 9k is that enough rail to mount a light on one side and a laser on the other?

I made the choice to not get a sp5 due to the price and the cost of parts and mags and everything else that comes with it but i don't know a lot about this gun and I am offshore so i am trying to track everything down.

View Quote

I order almost everything through the B&T parts site:  https://bt-parts.com/

Although I recently picked up a Glock lower for $369 from Modern Warriors, so they may be worth a look as well.

I love Tar Heel for engraving and I picked up my APC9 from them, but their parts pricing is a bit whacked at times.  Example, sling adapter:

- $32 at Tar Heel
- $16 at B&T Parts

Yeah, "Free" Shipping.  You get free shipping at B&T Parts as well for orders over $100.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 9:06:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Real dumb question

View Quote

2.  In my opinion…no.  I have a 9K Pro and have tested several light combos and they have all either gotten in the way of the CH or how I grip the firearm.  If I ditched my front sight mounted on top rail…maybe but I’m not willing to do that.  Bottom line…it’s super tight.  

3.  If you go with a Magpul D50, make sure you do NOT get the PCC version.  It doesn’t fit.  I know this from experience.  
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 11:23:22 PM EDT
[#19]

View Quote

X300 on left side.  Crimson Trace Rail Master Universal Laser Sight on top.  B&T brass catcher on the right.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 8:08:49 AM EDT
[#20]
I am going to buy the Apc 9 pro. What spare parts should I stock up on? What are the wear parts?

Link Posted: 6/22/2022 6:06:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mindfull] [#21]
Originally Posted By Big_Brakes:
Wolfman finally out of jail today.  E-filed on 3 Feb…approved 9 June.  I went with Keymicro because I want to try the Wolfman on a few of my 5.56 guns.  

Been though several configurations getting to where I wanted.  Finally at a 99% solution.  Just need a compact light that makes sense.  Open to suggestions.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/246611/41B8203D-7834-43E5-A7F6-01C9D8B82558_jpe-2413031.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/246611/99EAD8C1-6822-4108-83D5-108A606BDC84_jpe-2413033.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/246611/46A0849E-5845-4317-B0AA-BE146AEBD7BB_jpe-2413035.JPG
View Quote

@Big_Brakes
The k and pdw are roughly the same size. I use a tlr with switch. Fits nicely and is compact.

Link Posted: 6/23/2022 7:50:57 PM EDT
[#22]
So, the SD hand guard...

Any luck fitting to non-SD models? Easy bolt-on?
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 2:09:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Pontifex_Mortis:
So, the SD hand guard...

Any luck fitting to non-SD models? Easy bolt-on?
View Quote

How would you do that?  It was my understanding that the APC models had a one piece upper that did not accept any bolt on parts.  I think the SD is its own unique monster.  Am I wrong?  Someone educate us!
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 5:42:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Pontifex_Mortis] [#24]
I thought the same. But the photos on the B&T store had me question it enough to ask here lol.

https://bt-parts.com/b-t-handguard-for-apc9-sd-pro-medium-with-3x-m-lock-interface-on-pos-3-6-and-9/
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 11:36:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Pontifex_Mortis:
I thought the same. But the photos on the B&T store had me question it enough to ask here lol.

https://bt-parts.com/b-t-handguard-for-apc9-sd-pro-medium-with-3x-m-lock-interface-on-pos-3-6-and-9/
View Quote

That's an SD gun pictured. I'm really glad B&T released these handguards, as the factory SD handguard really limit mounting options. The SD handguards can be removed by taking out the upper cross-screw and opening the front takedown pin.

Attachment Attached File

It can get a little cramped up there.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/27/2022 9:46:41 PM EDT
[#26]
I picked up some of the new KCI mags for the APC9.  Metal reinforced feed lips, seem well made.  Plastic seems better quality than the OEMs - it reminds me of the plastic that ETS uses.  

I loaded one to check the feed geometry compared to the OEM - seems nearly the same.  Locks in the gun and drops free.  KCI can be hit or miss; I hope they have a winner given how fragile the OEM ones can be.

Range report this weekend.

Shooter Surplus - ordered Thursday night and had in hand Sunday morning: https://shootingsurplus.com/kci-usa-apc9-30rd-9mm-magazine/

Also at GMWH: https://gunmagwarehouse.com/kci-apc9-9mm-30-round-translucent-magazine-w-metal-feed-lips.html

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 12:15:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WriterClarke] [#27]
Originally Posted By triode:
I picked up some of the new KCI mags for the APC9.  Metal reinforced feed lips, seem well made.  Plastic seems better quality than the OEMs - it reminds me of the plastic that ETS uses.  

I loaded one to check the feed geometry compared to the OEM - seems nearly the same.  Locks in the gun and drops free.  KCI can be hit or miss; I hope they have a winner given how fragile the OEM ones can be.

Shooter Surplus - ordered Thursday night and had in hand Sunday morning: https://shootingsurplus.com/kci-usa-apc9-30rd-9mm-magazine/

Also at GMWH: https://gunmagwarehouse.com/kci-apc9-9mm-30-round-translucent-magazine-w-metal-feed-lips.html

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/239734/kci-usa-apc9-30rd-9mm-magazine__78127_16-2433332.JPG
View Quote

Surprised to see other manufacturers making these kinds of mags, I'm with you on hoping that they are good. I imagine they should be TP9 compatible too since its the same magazine for both.

Wouldn't complain if Magpul offered opaque black mags instead of B&T and KCI's translucent polymer choice though.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 12:49:04 AM EDT
[#28]
I'm curious what kind of issues you guys have personally had regarding b&t mags?

I've used dozens of b&t mags in multiple different apc9s, ghm9s and a couple spc9s variants.
I've had yet to have any major quality control issues with the magazines that would concern me enough to cause me to seek out a replacement manufacturer.
Granted I add bumpers on the bottom to protect them when dropping and for retention when doing mag changes from both a belt and carrier pouches as well as +10 extenders.

I've read about mags cracking, feedlips breaking and people being cut by the feedlips while loading but haven't experienced it, although I have come across the rare misfeed while training that I would consider user error.

Are you guys having enough issues with these mags that it would warrant aftermarket magazines instead of b&t factory manufacturered magazines,
or is it purely a price concern?
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 1:26:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WriterClarke] [#29]
Originally Posted By Mindfull:
I'm curious what kind of issues you guys have personally had regarding b&t mags?

I've used dozens of b&t mags in multiple different apc9s, ghm9s and a couple spc9s variants.
I've had yet to have any major quality control issues with the magazines that would concern me enough to cause me to seek out a replacement manufacturer.
Granted I add bumpers on the bottom to protect them when dropping and for retention when doing mag changes from both a belt and carrier pouches as well as +10 extenders.

I've read about mags cracking, feedlips breaking and people being cut by the feedlips while loading but haven't experienced it, although I have come across the rare misfeed while training that I would consider user error.

Are you guys having enough issues with these mags that it would warrant aftermarket magazines instead of b&t factory manufacturered magazines,
View Quote

My stepfather owned an older gen APC9, while it was a very fun gun to shoot, one of the mags slipped from the tailgate and split open along the top two inches of the spine. The one mag that did come with the APC broke the feedlips while he was shooting on a separate range trip. He then sold the gun for different purposes, but the mags certainly weren't something I had confidence in.

If the KCI mags feed just as well and don't have the durability issue, then I can't see the point of paying an extra 10$ for what appears to be an inferior mag. Shouldn't have to buy 12$ bumpers for 45$ magazines just so they can survive a fall either

Personally, they are in a tie with Lancers for the worst durability mags I've dealt with, at least Lancers were only 15$.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 2:36:03 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By carter56:
Not sure if available in US

In Europe, 2300 Euros with the Aimpoint Micro-TL...

"True" quality is not cheap
View Quote

I shot an all steel match this past weekend and one of the guys on my squad shot the match with it. He said he loved it and it was a quality piece. Looked like a lot of fun.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 7:13:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: scuba_steve] [#31]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/239734/kci-usa-apc9-30rd-9mm-magazine__78127_16-2433332.JPG
View Quote

Nice.  Looking forward to getting mine. I ordered some almost two weeks ago from GMWH, but they haven't shipped yet.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 11:18:07 AM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

I personally have not had issues; that said I just recently (2022) jumped on the B&T bandwagon.  I have plenty of OEM mags and bumpers, yet being kind of a mag junkie I wanted to try alternatives.  I also ensure I am well outfitted with mags (without needing to panic buy) should VA try their mag ban again in the future.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 11:35:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: scuba_steve] [#33]

I personally have not had issues; that said I just recently (2022) jumped on the B&T bandwagon.  I have plenty of OEM mags and bumpers, yet being kind of a mag junkie I wanted to try alternatives.  I also ensure I am well outfitted with mags (without needing to panic buy) should VA try their mag ban again in the future.
View Quote

I hear you.

I've gone one step further to deal with that same uncertainty.  I have the standard B&T lower and a decent number of mags for it, but I also bought a spare Glock lower and some OEM Glock stick mags.  Pricey yeah, but mine is SBR-ed and I don't want to be up the creek if the B&T mags end up having issues long term.  Their feed lips just plain suck.  The plastic comes to an extremely thin knife edge.  Thus, I was pretty excited about the KCI Lancer-style mags, even given KCI's rep.  That said, the steel just appears to be a surround over plastic feed lips, so we'll see.  GMWH and Tombstone are taking their time shipping, so I haven't been able to test yet.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 11:43:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Mindfull] [#34]

View Quote

Definitely let us know how they are.
Just seems I see people repeat what they read online concerning b&t mags and they haven't personally experienced those issues. Not saying you personally.

I'm always interested in new stuff, but only if it's superior in some way or another.
I'm always down for new mags. I have around 30 or so b&t mags at this point in use as well as stashed away so don't see the need to spend money on replacement aftermarket mags if the originals are as good or better.

If you are able, maybe you can do a side by side test with the kci and b&t mags. Same tests through multiple different mags to see how they stack with eachother.
I'm sure those here would appreciate it.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 11:29:19 PM EDT
[#35]
The KCI mags I ordered from GunMag Warehouse hasn't shipped either. I haven't had any issues with the factory mags but I run bumpers on all of them. Also don't keep them loaded either.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 11:50:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By stimr2:
The KCI mags I ordered from GunMag Warehouse hasn't shipped either. I haven't had any issues with the factory mags but I run bumpers on all of them. Also don't keep them loaded either.
View Quote

I ordered from Gun Mag Warehouse the week before last and it was still sitting in processing status late today, so I cancelled and ordered from Shooting Surplus instead.  Tombstone was no better, but I waited them out and they finally shipped after 12 days.  Received them today.

Quality seems very good.  They insert/lockup fine and drop free.  Will get them out to the range this weekend...but so far, they look better than OEM.
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 12:02:56 AM EDT
[#37]

I ordered from Gun Mag Warehouse the week before last and it was still sitting in processing status late today, so I cancelled and ordered from Shooting Surplus instead.  Tombstone was no better, but I waited them out and they finally shipped after 12 days.  Received them today.

Quality seems very good.  They insert/lockup fine and drop free.  Will get them out to the range this weekend...but so far, they look better than OEM.
View Quote

How do they look better?
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 12:38:33 AM EDT
[#38]

How do they look better?
View Quote

The business end - steel sleeve wrap around the feed lips, as opposed to all plastic that forms a delicate knife edge.

The design otherwise looks very similar, with the KCI mags being more transparent and supposedly less fragile, but I have not tested that claim.  I haven't disassembled, but some guy on reddit did and say they both have 18 coils.  B&T bumpers fit the KCI mags.

Link Posted: 7/2/2022 12:45:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Mindfull] [#39]

The business end - steel sleeve wrap around the feed lips, as opposed to all plastic that forms a delicate knife edge.

https://i.imgur.com/nAgZMUY.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/QWYyL1v.jpg

The design otherwise looks very similar, with the KCI mags being more transparent and supposedly less fragile, but I have not tested that claim.  I haven't disassembled, but some guy on reddit did and say they both have 18 coils.  B&T bumpers fit the KCI mags.

https://i.imgur.com/TvjoSoq.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/U4AmICc.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/5XogfuV.jpg

View Quote

Interesting,  the top does look beefier.

How secure is the metal over top? Looks kinda wonky in the first picture. Probably the angle of the pic I'm assuming?

If you pull or move the metal does it wiggle at all?
How's the fitment when inserted?
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 12:49:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: scuba_steve] [#40]

Interesting,  the top does look beefier.

How secure is the metal over top? Looks kinda wonky in the first picture. Probably the angle of the pic I'm assuming?

If you pull or move the metal does it wiggle at all?
View Quote

Zero movement.  Clamped tightly to the plastic mag.  Can't wiggle it at all.  If these things load easily and have no issues at the range, I can't see why anyone would ever pay more for OEM.
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 12:54:02 AM EDT
[#41]

How's the fitment when inserted?
View Quote

Same as B&T.  Locked in tightly.  Very little movement when you try to wiggle them.
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 1:00:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Mindfull] [#42]
Thanks for the info.

B&T oem mags can be had for $32. Looks like the kci mags are around $30.
I definitely prefer oem stuff, but I might try and pick a few up and test them out. Especially if they are quality like you state.

Im going to do some training in a couple weeks.
I'll beat the crap out of them and see how they hold up.

Where did you order yours from?

Link Posted: 7/2/2022 1:02:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: scuba_steve] [#43]
The first batch came from Tombstone Tactical, but they took two weeks to ship.  I ordered another batch from Shooting Surplus tonight based on the info above.  They supposedly ship fast.  GMWH does not...at least right now.
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 1:07:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Mindfull] [#44]
The first batch came from Tombstone Tactical, but they took two weeks to ship.  I ordered another batch from Shooting Surplus tonight based on the info above.  They supposedly ship fast.  GMWH does not...at least right now.
View Quote

Thanks Steve.

Rainier arms has them as well. I'll probably give them a shot.
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 1:08:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Mindfull] [#45]
Double tap
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 11:06:58 PM EDT
[#46]
I ran the KCI mags from Shooting Surplus today in my APC9K.  No issues at all; ran just like the OEM.  I was shooting FMJ; I will try some HPs in the future.
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 10:44:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Are the KCI magazines made in the USA or imported?
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 8:55:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -KentuckyWindage-] [#48]
Link Posted: 7/10/2022 10:09:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Any ammo issues? I have the apc9k and a rugged obsidian 9 coming.

This is the Glock mag lower and I plan on running factory Glock 17 and 33 round mags exclusively

Looking to run cheap 115 for plinking

147 subs suppressed which are usually flat nose

And 147 HST for defense.

Link Posted: 7/10/2022 10:44:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Isozaki] [#50]
Does the Beta C 100 round work with this gun? I was going to buy a few

https://www.betaco.com/cmag_product_details.asp?product=25&weapon=46
Page / 73
B&T 9mm Carbine APC9 (Page 68 of 73)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top