User Panel

Site Notices
B&T 9mm Carbine APC9 (Page 60 of 73)
Page / 73
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 10:41:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Postal0311] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By seattlite:
Will the currently shipping APC9k work with Glock lowers without machining the bolt?
View Quote

Yes

I believe all the APC9k guns will.

Link Posted: 4/4/2021 7:11:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I just purchased a APC9k pro.  Looking into brace options, how do you get the hydraulics buffer on to the SB Tactical Folding Brace?

Looking at this brace:

https://www.sb-tactical.com/product/sbti/
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 8:39:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By mikego_34:
I just purchased a APC9k pro.  Looking into brace options, how do you get the hydraulics buffer on to the SB Tactical Folding Brace?

Looking at this brace:

https://www.sb-tactical.com/product/sbti/
View Quote

The buffer is mounted on the end cap that comes with the gun, that brace litteraly just bolts onto the end cap with the bolt/screw that comes with the gun.
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 8:56:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By sgwlower:

The buffer is mounted on the end cap that comes with the gun, that brace litteraly just bolts onto the end cap with the bolt/screw that comes with the gun.
View Quote

Nice!  What is the preferred brace around here?  I probably wont pay the $700 for the telescoping brace adapter.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 10:23:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By AlphaThree:

I have one on a APC9k. It is noticeably thinner than the APC folding stock but I don’t mind it I guess because I’m used to the TP9 stock and telescoping stocks with equally shitty cheek welds. I think it looks cool and is compact. Not sure if that’s worth the cost....but I guess a lot of things B&T aren’t anyway
View Quote
Appreciate the feedback.  It sure does look sweet.  I have a TP9 SBR w/ the factory folding stock, so yeah, I hear ya...

It's tempting for sure.  I currently have the telescoping/folding stock w/ the cheek riser on my APC9 Pro Tan edition, which is nice and beefy and works great when running an AR-15 height optic, but I'm thinking about going w/ a low mounted red dot instead and a lighter weight stock to drop some weight and make things a bit less bulky overall.

Does this newer skeleton stock lock into place when folded?

Thanks again!
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 7:40:05 AM EDT
[#6]

Nice!  What is the preferred brace around here?  I probably wont pay the $700 for the telescoping brace adapter.
View Quote

The sbtact one is fine, The tommy built one is nice, then there are a bunch that use tailhooks from a3 tactical. Dan Haga makes a picatany adapter so you can use a bunch of other stuff as well.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 6:25:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Attachment Attached File

Plenty of room on the K model....
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 5:57:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Has anybody installed the HBI selector springs? I've worked the selector back and forth hundreds of times on my APC9K Pro and it's still stiff but better than when new.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 7:21:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Hecklerjones:
Has anybody installed the HBI selector springs? I've worked the selector back and forth hundreds of times on my APC9K Pro and it's still stiff but better than when new.
View Quote

Yes they are great.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 6:22:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By BS68280:

Yes they are great.
View Quote

Thanks. I've got some coming.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 9:28:05 PM EDT
[#11]
I snagged a B & T 10 today!  It probably will not be in for a week or so, but I am excited about it!  Now I just need to grab ammo!
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 9:40:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Shootdr1:
I snagged a B & T 10 today!  It probably will not be in for a week or so, but I am excited about it!  Now I just need to grab ammo!
View Quote

Be sure to get some KRISS mags for it as well.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 3:34:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Just ordered a Glock mag 9K with the SBT brace.  Anything else I should get?
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 11:15:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 3:35:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By DSArms_FAL:
Extra recoil springs extractor springs minimum
View Quote

Uh oh, premature wear?  What's the service life on those parts?
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 10:56:55 AM EDT
[#16]
ive got an extra recoil, extractor, ejector spring and few other small parts. Ive had mine for 3 years with no apparent wear, thousands of rounds (single thousands though). I just have them due to 1-proprietary, 2-Swiss and hard to find (get them while you can) and 3-importing gun parts often becomes political and id rather have them than not.

No concerns of longevity from my experience.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 5:15:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JK-919] [#17]
Picked it up yesterday. This thing oozes quality.

One thing I noticed though is that it has a double feed ramp, obviously for the standard B&T mags. Any issue with the Glock mag version, which only presents one round in the middle?

Any suggestions for a defensive load?  I have plenty of 147gr HSTs and Ranger SXTs, but sometimes PCCs don’t feed hollow points very well.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 7:22:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 402joel] [#18]
I’ve got about 3,000 rounds through my apc9pro Glock with no feeding problems other than it didn’t like gold dots at first
Now it just goes bang
And I only use Glock mags, and shoot strictly suppressed
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 9:28:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Mine likes HST 147s out of the B&T mags. which is good, as its all i keep for HD 9mm. Never had issues with the mags falling out suppressed like some of the early full size non-pro's did, so im lucky there.

Mine now wears an EXPS 2, commie PERST 4 and a short obisidian 9 with the griffin flash hider cap. it might be my very favorite gun.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 10:06:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Mine gobbles 147 gr hsts like favorite candy.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 2:16:48 AM EDT
[#21]
Mine has never had one issue almost exclusively shooting Speer GD, suppressed and unsuppressed, Glock and B&T lowers. 100% reliable in every configuration.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 2:23:38 PM EDT
[#22]
The mag release is a bit stiff on the right side of the gun, anything I can do to loosen it up?
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 2:36:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HCM3156] [#23]
Originally Posted By JK-919:
Picked it up yesterday. This thing oozes quality.

One thing I noticed though is that it has a double feed ramp, obviously for the standard B&T mags. Any issue with the Glock mag version, which only presents one round in the middle?

Any suggestions for a defensive load?  I have plenty of 147gr HSTs and Ranger SXTs, but sometimes PCCs don’t feed hollow points very well.
View Quote

No feed issues with the Glock Mag or P320 mag  version.

U.S Customs and Border Protection’s Air and Marine Branch just tested the Glock mag version and bought  a bunch to begin replacing their UMP 40 calls.

CBP is running Winchester  Ranger 147 Bonded off the old FBI contract till CBP decides on a new duty round for their Glock MOS.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 2:09:36 AM EDT
[#24]
any one having issues mounting an exps 3-0 onto the apc9 pro?  It seems like the rail is slightly too thick and i am unable to clamp it on.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 6:23:09 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By jiggzagoon:
any one having issues mounting an exps 3-0 onto the apc9 pro?  It seems like the rail is slightly too thick and i am unable to clamp it on.
View Quote

Yep, same issue. Mine would clamp on but not lock. It would work, but if anything snagged the latch it would pop off. I ended up going with the Aimpoint TL with the B&T low mount. Much better option and it lines up with my cheek weld.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 8:24:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sgwlower] [#26]
Originally Posted By goldwinggoat:

Yep, same issue. Mine would clamp on but not lock. It would work, but if anything snagged the latch it would pop off. I ended up going with the Aimpoint TL with the B&T low mount. Much better option and it lines up with my cheek weld.
View Quote

The B&T rail has been known to cause issues with some mounting systems, ast the rail is narrower than the receiver, basically allowing the thickness of the receiver to interfere with clamping down.

The B&T mounts work great, the KAC mounts work great, the reptillia mounts work great, some have said the Scalar works mounts don't work, but I have not found that to be the case.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 9:43:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 1:57:37 PM EDT
[#28]
EXPS2-2 clamped right on, never noticed anything weird with it but ill go check it now
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 4:00:16 PM EDT
[#29]

The B&T rail has been known to cause issues with some mounting systems, ast the rail is narrower than the receiver, basically allowing the thickness of the receiver to interfere with clamping down.

The B&T mounts work great, the KAC mounts work great, the reptillia mounts work great, some have said the Scalar works mounts don't work, but I have not found that to be the case.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By goldwinggoat:

Ran into the same issue trying to put a Vortex UH-1 on my 9k (and onto the B&T rail I put on my SP5). Seems like B&T makes their rails with a little less clearance between the top of the receiver and the underside of the rail then most companies.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 4:02:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By JK-919:
The mag release is a bit stiff on the right side of the gun, anything I can do to loosen it up?
View Quote

Mine is the same way. It’s so stiff that at first I thought it was defective. I’m hesitant to take it apart and mess with the tolerance but it’s essentially h usable if you’re trying to drop the mag without offhand support.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 4:03:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Anyone know if the jet funnel fits the 9k? I would assume so but just want to make sure there’s not some minuscule difference between the two receivers.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 7:40:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HeavyArtillery] [#32]
Originally Posted By SpaceBarTender:
Anyone know if the jet funnel fits the 9k? I would assume so but just want to make sure there’s not some minuscule difference between the two receivers.
View Quote

Yes, mag funnel fits fine on the B&T mag lower.  Custom Smith Mfg makes their own version for the Glock magwell.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 7:50:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By SpaceBarTender:

Mine is the same way. It’s so stiff that at first I thought it was defective. I’m hesitant to take it apart and mess with the tolerance but it’s essentially h usable if you’re trying to drop the mag without offhand support.
View Quote

Did it ever get any better?
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 8:20:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Does anyone have a picture of the compact tailhook on their gun?
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 9:07:55 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Postal0311:
Does anyone have a picture of the compact tailhook on their gun?
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/16/2021 9:24:27 AM EDT
[#36]
Thanks.  The bottom of the standard tailhook bumps into me when I am firing with the brace collapsed and I am hoping the shorter tailhook would fix that issue.  

But I am disappointed that my gun still often malfunctions when firing with the telescoping brace collapses.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 12:05:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 12:37:02 AM EDT
[#38]
For those with the APC SD, How does the suppressor mount?  Can it be used on other guns or is it proprietary like the TP9 suppressor?
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 7:43:00 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By AlphaThree:
For those with the APC SD, How does the suppressor mount?  Can it be used on other guns or is it proprietary like the TP9 suppressor?
View Quote

100% proprietary, unless you have a MP5SD then you can Mount it on there. SD style guns require the silencer to thread into the base of the barrel.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 8:55:44 AM EDT
[#40]
i wanted the SD...super neat for brining 124gr down to supersonic. Not that cool for much else so i passed. obisidian 9 (k'd) is about the same length/weight and packs down smaller.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 9:33:45 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By 545superiority:

100% proprietary, unless you have a MP5SD then you can Mount it on there. SD style guns require the silencer to thread into the base of the barrel.
View Quote

I wonder why there isnt an adapter be able to use these SD suppressors on hosts with more common thread patterns.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 9:51:27 AM EDT
[#42]

I wonder why there isnt an adapter be able to use these SD suppressors on hosts with more common thread patterns.
View Quote

I’m going to guess (and I may be completely wrong) the fact that the first part of the silencer is basically a chamber to vent off excess gas from the ports, and the alignment baffle is in front of that which allows the baffles and all to be properly aligned has something to do with it. At least that’s how the inside of my TPM silencer is, so I’m assuming most SD internals are similar.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 6:40:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Doing my form 1 for a APC9K Pro. Can someone give me the barrel and overall length with a telescoping stock? Also what was selected for manufacturer. Thank you in advance.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 7:06:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tactical_T] [#44]
Originally Posted By bwhited:
Doing my form 1 for a APC9K Pro. Can someone give me the barrel and overall length with a telescoping stock? Also what was selected for manufacturer. Thank you in advance.
View Quote

IIRC it says Manufacturer or Importer, which would be B&T USA (Florida). The address is on their website.

For measurements, you can use the link below. To convert MM to Inches, divide the MM by 25.4

https://bt-ag.ch/en/produkt/bt-semi-automatic-carbine-apc9-k-pro-cal-9x19mm/
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 8:44:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Tactical_T:

IIRC it says Manufacturer or Importer, which would be B&T USA (Florida). The address is on their website.

For measurements, you can use the link below. To convert MM to Inches, divide the MM by 25.4

https://bt-ag.ch/en/produkt/bt-semi-automatic-carbine-apc9-k-pro-cal-9x19mm/
View Quote

Thank you!
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 9:37:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Anyone know where I can get a Geissele super APC? Why was this discontinued?
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 10:49:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Anyone know where I can get a Geissele super APC? Why was this discontinued?
View Quote

The MPX trigger? You can backorder it on their website.
Link Posted: 5/29/2021 8:43:25 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By mdavis:

The MPX trigger? You can backorder it on their website.
View Quote

No looking for the super APC trigger for the APC9. It shows discontinued everywhere and Geissele site no longer exist.
Link Posted: 5/29/2021 9:55:10 AM EDT
[#49]

No looking for the super APC trigger for the APC9. It shows discontinued everywhere and Geissele site no longer exist.
View Quote

It wasn't a big seller, as many regular AR triggers fit. If you look back through the thread you will see many a SDC-E, and elf triggers installed.
Link Posted: 5/29/2021 1:01:16 PM EDT
[#50]
I put a Geissele SD3G trigger in my APC9. You just use the extended pins that come with the APC on the new trigger. The issue that I had to overcome was that on the lower part of the face of the hammer, it impacts there on a metal insert that's on the frame of the apc lower. The specific APC triggers have a notch cut out so it can go forward enough to hit the firing pin before being stopped. I had to dremel out that metal insert (some people can just pull it out, mine was glued in) so the Geissele hammer would go forward far enough. It's been great ever since.
Page / 73
B&T 9mm Carbine APC9 (Page 60 of 73)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top