Page / 73
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 8:08:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 10:52:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Screw it, I'll make my own.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 11:40:25 AM EDT
[#3]
I feel like I'm late to the game joining the B&T Master Race.  I've been burning through this thread and joined the FB group trying to learn.

After ordering all the parts to assemble the telescoping brace for the Tailhook, I realized that I'm within just a few bucks of just paying the feds for the tax stamp.  So I think I might as well do it.  I'm still interested in finding that high mount Tailhook adapter if anyone can find it, but that's less of an issue.

For those of you who SBRd your APC K models, what foregrip is preferred?  There's not a lot of space out there.

Is there a thin profile right side selector available, like the Battle Arms models for the AR?  I don't like the idea of a full delete considering that everything else is ambidextrous.

Link Posted: 2/17/2021 5:48:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Even if i did form 1 mine (and lose the ability to keep it loaded in the car with me, have to do form 20's to go out of state, etc) id still keep the custom smith mfg angled foregrip made for the fullsize APC. its great.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 5:49:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Muad_Dib:
I feel like I'm late to the game joining the B&T Master Race.  I've been burning through this thread and joined the FB group trying to learn.

After ordering all the parts to assemble the telescoping brace for the Tailhook, I realized that I'm within just a few bucks of just paying the feds for the tax stamp.  So I think I might as well do it.  I'm still interested in finding that high mount Tailhook adapter if anyone can find it, but that's less of an issue.

For those of you who SBRd your APC K models, what foregrip is preferred?  There's not a lot of space out there.

Is there a thin profile right side selector available, like the Battle Arms models for the AR?  I don't like the idea of a full delete considering that everything else is ambidextrous.

View Quote

I use the B&T QD short vertical foregrip on my K, but with the Glock lower there is more room with the angle of the magwell.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 5:59:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't plan to use a VFG once my form 1 clears. Might like a handstop that sat a little further out than the stock sling mount does. Mostly what I'm looking for seems to be only made for MLOK. Or if someone made one, just a flat handguard that slid over the entire pic rail with a handstop positioned at the very end. I'd just like that extra 1/2-1" but don't want to use it without some kind of handstop. I find it very comfortable with a part of my fingers on the magwell, part on the handguard, and my thumb over the charging handle.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 10:17:24 PM EDT
[#7]
I just picked up a APC9 Pro from Tar Heel State Firearms.  Price was not as bad as some I have seen on gunbroker.com and THSF engraved and shipped for free.  THSF seems to be the premier B&T seller as I have seen many threads where people recommend them.  I received an email notification that they had 23 APC9 Pro's with Glock lowers in stock and by the next day, they had 2 left so I decided to jump on one.  My dealer received it 3 days later and it was nicely engraved just below the rail of the upper receiver and below where the rear sight would be installed.  I plan to submit a form 1 as soon as I can get my fingerprints done.  

I have spent the last few days watching ever video and reading as many posts about it as possible.  The one thing that I am disappointed about the APC9 is that the barrel only has the 3-lug and is not threaded like the GHM9.  I have a CGC Mod9 FS in NFA jail but my other pistol caliber suppressor is a SilencerCo Osprey .45 and they do not make a 3-lug adapter for it.  I saw that B&T has a QD 3-lug adapter that has 1/2x 28 TPI threads.  I think that will work nicely until I can get my Mod9 and then a 3-lug adapter.  

Regarding stocks, do you all prefer the folding MP5 style stock or the much more expensive telescoping stock?  I am thinking of the folding stock because of the lower price and because I read that it allows for a lower mount of a RDS.  Thoughts?
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 11:47:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By MacAttack:
I just picked up a APC9 Pro from Tar Heel State Firearms.  Price was not as bad as some I have seen on gunbroker.com and THSF engraved and shipped for free.  THSF seems to be the premier B&T seller as I have seen many threads where people recommend them.  I received an email notification that they had 23 APC9 Pro's with Glock lowers in stock and by the next day, they had 2 left so I decided to jump on one.  My dealer received it 3 days later and it was nicely engraved just below the rail of the upper receiver and below where the rear sight would be installed.  I plan to submit a form 1 as soon as I can get my fingerprints done.  

I have spent the last few days watching ever video and reading as many posts about it as possible.  The one thing that I am disappointed about the APC9 is that the barrel only has the 3-lug and is not threaded like the GHM9.  I have a CGC Mod9 FS in NFA jail but my other pistol caliber suppressor is a SilencerCo Osprey .45 and they do not make a 3-lug adapter for it.  I saw that B&T has a QD 3-lug adapter that has 1/2x 28 TPI threads.  I think that will work nicely until I can get my Mod9 and then a 3-lug adapter.  

Regarding stocks, do you all prefer the folding MP5 style stock or the much more expensive telescoping stock?  I am thinking of the folding stock because of the lower price and because I read that it allows for a lower mount of a RDS.  Thoughts?
View Quote

3 lug is just a better system than threaded for non-precision high volume automatics.  not having to worry about the thing loosening every several shots.

I havent tried the B&T telescoping stock but I would not one due to the bad ergos.  Reminds me of AK underfolder stocks which I have tried and DO suck.  Putting your face on thin bar of metal does not appeal.  It'll also pick mustache hairs.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 8:12:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sgwlower] [#9]
Originally Posted By deanwormer:

3 lug is just a better system than threaded for non-precision high volume automatics.  not having to worry about the thing loosening every several shots.

I havent tried the B&T telescoping stock but I would not one due to the bad ergos.  Reminds me of AK underfolder stocks which I have tried and DO suck.  Putting your face on thin bar of metal does not appeal.  It'll also pick mustache hairs.
View Quote

I have tried both a folding brace and the telescoping brace. I currently have stayed with it outfitted with the collapsing brace. Out of all the wire stocks/braces for me the apc one is the most comfortable, for me it falls along my cheek in the right location. i also really like how it add no width to the already very thing gun. Its incredibly well machined, with no wobble or rattle. It does not rip out my beard hair. I have the tommy built brace for a folder, and while its nice, I didn't like how bulky the gun becomes with it folded to the side. Everyone's face is different, I too was very skeptical on the collapsing brace--luckily my buddy who is a lefty went for the collapsing brace before me so I had one to try out, I bought one the following weekend.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 8:13:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: big_aug] [#10]

View Quote

My APC9K has a threaded barrel.  It has a 3 lug barrel adapter on it.  The APC9 doesn't have that?
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 8:24:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By big_aug:

My APC9K has a threaded barrel.  It has a 3 lug barrel adapter on it.  The APC9 doesn't have that?
View Quote

Nope--3 lug only
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 8:43:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By sgwlower:

Nope--3 lug only
View Quote

Wow, bummer man.  That seems like it should be standard.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 2:19:27 PM EDT
[#13]
That was one factor in my decision to get the K. Not married to 3-lug if suppressed, and shorter overall if suppressed.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 2:52:13 PM EDT
[#14]
It became standard, as i dont think they are making/importing the OG APCs anymore. They also got rid of the built in backup sights and reciprocating, non-folding charging handle
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 3:11:34 PM EDT
[#15]
I could be wrong, but I’m pretty sure even the APC9 Pro is 3-lug without threads, not just the OG version.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 4:33:46 PM EDT
[#16]
oh interesting. Just the Ks and the GMH have the 3lug+threads? i did look into having the end of my 3 lug threaded but ended up just buying a 3 lug can for it since there is no way to 3lug an Osprey.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 6:20:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HeavyArtillery] [#17]
Originally Posted By peachy:
I could be wrong, but I’m pretty sure even the APC9 Pro is 3-lug without threads, not just the OG version.
View Quote

You are correct.  B&T standardized on the 3-lug.  The K was an exception for contractual length requirements.

As previously mentioned, B&T also offers a QD 3-lug to 1/2x28 adapter (BT-33152) that will allow you to convert from their 3-lug to a 1/2x28 threaded suppressor.  This is a good solution if you don't want to buy a dedicated 3-lug (and your suppressor supports fixed barrels).
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 7:48:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By HeavyArtillery:

You are correct.  B&T standardized on the 3-lug.  The K was an exception for contractual length requirements.

As previously mentioned, B&T also offers a QD 3-lug to 1/2x28 adapter (BT-33152) that will allow you to convert from their 3-lug to a 1/2x28 threaded suppressor.  This is a good solution if you don't want to buy a dedicated 3-lug (and your suppressor supports fixed barrels).
View Quote

Good to know, thank you!

Yes, i bought that half pound chunk of metal to run my osprey and the thing was nearly as long as a 16" AR

So, 3 lug can came home
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 12:13:10 AM EDT
[#19]
I received my B&T 3-lug to 1/2x28 adapter yesterday and was able to install it on my SilencerCo Osprey .45 suppressor. It’s kind of a hokey setup but it works and I was able to run a couple of mags through it without it coming loose. It looks horrible on the end of the barrel and I can’t wait for my 9mm can to be approved so I can add a real 3-lug to it.

I eFiled my form 1 yesterday and there were 2 B&T listinga - B&T AG and B&T USA LLC. I went with the former since it showed the manufacturer to be from Switzerland. When I added the model I went with APC9 even though I have a APC9 Pro because the model on the firearm only said APC9. I hope this does not cause a problem.  I guesstimated the OAL as 24.5” based on a post I read on this thread. and a since I don’t have a stock yet, I was not able to measure. Now comes the wait.

I am planning out my stock purchase and I am torn between the collapsing stock or the folder. The collapsing stock looks cool but it’s pricey. I have heard both sides of the debate on collapsing vs folder and I still have not decided. However I don’t plan to drop this into a backpack so I’m siding to the folder because it frees up funds to add a new optic. I currently have a MRO and Eotech on my AR15 SBRs and was thinking of going with an Aimpoint TL or T1. From what I read the TL is just a European branded H1. Anyone have a TL that they can offer feedback on?
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 2:01:29 AM EDT
[#20]
I currently have a MRO and Eotech on my AR15 SBRs and was thinking of going with an Aimpoint TL or T1. From what I read the TL is just a European branded H1. Anyone have a TL that they can offer feedback on?
View Quote

I picked up a couple of TLs with the B&T QD mounts. The features line up with the H1 and the build and dot quality are the same as other Aimpoint Micros.  I've had no issues and trust them.  If you don't need the additional features of the T1 model, the TL is a great option at a better price.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 3:14:01 PM EDT
[#21]

Meh
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 3:25:45 PM EDT
[#22]

Well done!
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 10:31:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LarryLove] [#23]
APC9 telescoping brace adapters out of stock everywhere.  Does anyone know when more might be coming into the USA?
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 10:06:25 AM EDT
[#24]
Might be worth calling BT Parts. I have ordered some things from them that were
listed as having several weeks of wait time, and they shipped the next day.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 11:03:49 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By peachy:
Might be worth calling BT Parts. I have ordered some things from them that were
listed as having several weeks of wait time, and they shipped the next day.
View Quote

That's because B&T USA bought B&T parts towards the end of last year. They are using B&T parts as the direct parts distribution from B&T now.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 11:24:07 AM EDT
[#26]

That's decent looking.  Are you planning improvements?
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 7:38:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Muad_Dib:

That's decent looking.  Are you planning improvements?
View Quote

No, I didn't like it.  Did a draft print to test the idea, I can see why it didn't make it to production.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 7:40:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Postal0311:

No, I didn't like it.  Did a draft print to test the idea, I can see why it didn't make it to production.
View Quote

Can you elaborate on that?  What faults does it have?
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 7:36:27 PM EDT
[#29]
For people who have owned both, do you prefer the APC or MP5 platform?
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 8:03:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Brooklynite:
View Quote

If you want a MP5, get a MP5.  But the APC is better.

Link Posted: 3/2/2021 8:16:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HeavyArtillery] [#31]
View Quote

I've had 27 years of no compromise and boring reliability with H&K.  That said, my B&T platforms have worked well.  I can appreciate other platforms and believe everyone should be able to select what they prefer and enjoy.  Everyone has their own preferences and can prioritize and determine which platforms meet their needs.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 8:17:14 PM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

I prefer my MP5’s more.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 8:29:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sgwlower] [#33]
Originally Posted By arndog123:

I prefer my MP5’s more.
View Quote

I like my mp5 because it's a mp5.

I like my apc because it has every modern thing the mp5 doesn't at the sacrifice of a touch more recoil.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 12:00:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: yamadog35] [#34]
Originally Posted By sgwlower:

I like my mp5 because it's a mp5.

I like my apc because it has every modern thing the mp5 doesn't at the sacrifice of a touch more recoil.
View Quote

This for me . . . although I'd rate my APC9 as having a bit more than just a touch more recoil (I run both suppressed always) but it's softer than other blowback 9's I have.  
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 6:32:14 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 7:51:47 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By yamadog35:

This for me . . . although I'd rate my APC9 as having a bit more than just a touch more recoil (I run both suppressed always) but it's softer than other blowback 9's I have.  
View Quote

The recoil impulse of my APC9 compared to my MPX's and MP5's is the reason I rarely shoot it.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 6:42:25 PM EDT
[#37]
I have both. MP5 is more fun to shoot, but the APC9 is and objectively better gun. I think they're the perfect PCC pair.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 10:44:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Not in the question, but the CMMG RDB is a good choice to split the difference. Gets some of the benefits of delayed blowback, some of the benefits of modern manual of arms/controls and modularity, and more tunable than either the B&T or HK. Also cheaper than either. I went with a Banshee and an APC9K as my ‘dynamic duo.’ I like the APC9K for its compactness and the CMMG for everything else. I also like the APC9K for feeling different than an AR for a little variety. Tried an MP5 before buying either of the aforementioned guns, and the dated controls, manual of arms, and sights just didn’t do it for me. I was most surprised that I didn’t enjoy the sights. I love irons and always thought the HK diopter was the perfect setup until I actually tried it. Definitely wasn’t what I hoped it would be, and you can’t really get rid of them easily if you don’t like irons or want a clean optic interface. However, what people say about the MP5 running like a sewing machine/having no recoil really is true; it’s just not the deciding factor for me. Recoil matters to me, it just doesn’t outweigh what I personally perceive as the MP5’s short comings. YMMV. Some people love the “HK slap.”
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 9:56:42 AM EDT
[#39]
Anyone have a favorite out in the sun visible green laser for the APC? It doesn't need to include a flashlight.
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 8:23:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Realistically, the Perst 4+ is your only option for "daylight" bright
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 7:46:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Custom Smith makes this version of the AFG that I'm using on mine too.  Just a little bit different than what DVC has on his.  I love this one on my APC9 and P26.

https://i.imgur.com/AuMEdDY.jpg
View Quote

@yamadog35 what brace is that?
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 10:31:42 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By MHS69:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MHS69:
Custom Smith makes this version of the AFG that I'm using on mine too.  Just a little bit different than what DVC has on his.  I love this one on my APC9 and P26.

https://i.imgur.com/AuMEdDY.jpg

The base for the brace is the Sig MCX stock that I believe is no longer available (pic of the stock below).  If you had one of these, Customsmith made the Tailhook adapter.  You would send the stock to Customsmith and they would cut the stock, install the adapter, and send it back.  The set up now rides on my Scorpion.

Link Posted: 3/24/2021 10:41:25 AM EDT
[#43]
Jmac custom makes a similar 1913 stock, although not quite as good looking as that old Sig one.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 1:08:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 9:19:13 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 10:23:49 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By MickeyWHS:
https://i.imgur.com/8TWxos5.jpg
View Quote

Is it an MLOK slot under the rail section? On  all models? or just close enough to work?
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 11:14:57 AM EDT
[#47]
My K has MLOK under the rails
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 9:23:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Has anyone tried out the newer skeleton stock w/ part # BT-361114?  Curious how it compares to the original basic folding stock design.  Does it still lock in the folded position?  Does it feel the same against the cheek or is it thinner and less comfortable kind of like the TP9/MP9 stock?  I really like the look of this new design, but I don't like how it costs $490 and comes with a new stock adapter/recoil buffer instead of simply attaching to the one that came on the gun like the original $140 stock.

Link Posted: 4/4/2021 12:37:57 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By CPshooter1:
Has anyone tried out the newer skeleton stock w/ part # BT-361114?  Curious how it compares to the original basic folding stock design.  Does it still lock in the folded position?  Does it feel the same against the cheek or is it thinner and less comfortable kind of like the TP9/MP9 stock?  I really like the look of this new design, but I don't like how it costs $490 and comes with a new stock adapter/recoil buffer instead of simply attaching to the one that came on the gun like the original $140 stock.

https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-mxwxlka5sw/images/stencil/800x800/products/177/1144/IMG_8429__25275.1591056031.png?c=1
View Quote

I have one on a APC9k. It is noticeably thinner than the APC folding stock but I don’t mind it I guess because I’m used to the TP9 stock and telescoping stocks with equally shitty cheek welds. I think it looks cool and is compact. Not sure if that’s worth the cost....but I guess a lot of things B&T aren’t anyway
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 10:28:45 AM EDT
[#50]
Will the currently shipping APC9k work with Glock lowers without machining the bolt?
Page / 73
B&T 9mm Carbine APC9 (Page 59 of 73)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top