Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
B&T 9mm Carbine APC9 (Page 34 of 73)
Page / 73
Link Posted: 6/4/2018 9:53:58 AM EDT
[#1]
I have had zero issues with the flat nose bullets. I mostly shoot Speer 147gr. FN through mine, but the AE stuff I’ve shot has ran flawlessly as well.
Link Posted: 6/4/2018 10:17:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By michealj:
I have had zero issues with the flat nose bullets. I mostly shoot Speer 147gr. FN through mine, but the AE stuff I’ve shot has ran flawlessly as well.
View Quote
Thanks, do you know if it stays subsonic?
Link Posted: 6/4/2018 12:02:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Why is your strong side bolt release missing?
Link Posted: 6/4/2018 1:44:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By new21022:

View Quote
Wondered that too, hoped it was intentional.
Link Posted: 6/4/2018 3:32:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By branflake12:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Judging how you can see through the hole to the other side I would say that both are missing. That drum mag doesn't have a last round bolt hold open so technically you wouldn't need it but I don't understand why someone would take it off.
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 8:20:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By DCV_117:

Thanks, do you know if it stays subsonic?
View Quote
I had a couple AE rounds go supersonic. I do not know which lot # that ammo was from, but I do know it was ammo I bought a couple years ago. I have shot a couple hundred rounds from more recent production that have all stayed subsonic.
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 4:44:59 PM EDT
[#7]

Judging how you can see through the hole to the other side I would say that both are missing. That drum mag doesn't have a last round bolt hold open so technically you wouldn't need it but I don't understand why someone would take it off.
View Quote
I was lucky enough to be able to buy an APC lower for the review, but I still need to sourcea few parts.

Link Posted: 6/5/2018 7:10:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By goloud:
I was lucky enough to be able to buy an APC lower for the review, but I still need to sourcea few parts.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/83570/DF0082D1-603F-450C-B838-2E8F094D72F5-566823.jpg
View All Quotes

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/83570/DF0082D1-603F-450C-B838-2E8F094D72F5-566823.jpg
Gotcha, how did you like the trigger?
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 7:18:02 PM EDT
[#9]

Gotcha, how did you like the trigger?
View Quote
Love it. Only have 100 rounds through it though.
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 7:28:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: roughrider94] [#10]
Still pretty pricey mags, but you can get two APC45 25 rounders for $176.18 ($88.09 each) at Brownells using coupon code M2T.

View Quote
How did you buy the lower and for how much?
Link Posted: 6/8/2018 3:47:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: goloud] [#11]
I overfilled with suppressor foam.

Posting the vid here first before it goes live.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntqjDiST_H4[/youtube]
Link Posted: 6/8/2018 6:30:57 PM EDT
[#12]
thanks! that thing looks so fun. i know its in the cards for me if reviews are positive.

how does the trigger feel in semi? better or on par with stock?
Link Posted: 6/8/2018 6:42:13 PM EDT
[#13]

Posting the vid here first before it goes live.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntqjDiST_H4
View Quote
Have you had any issues with you F5 drum? My APC9 has broken 2 of them
Link Posted: 6/10/2018 8:05:26 PM EDT
[#14]
View Quote
I thought you were laying down smoke to disappear like a magician!
Link Posted: 6/10/2018 11:12:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Plumber576:

I thought you were laying down smoke to disappear like a magician!
View Quote
Lol. Dual use.
Link Posted: 6/10/2018 11:14:36 PM EDT
[#16]

View Quote
I’ve been following your troubles. That, along with the fact that I don’t have many rounds through mine is why I haven’t posted a review yet. You got a refund, right?
Link Posted: 6/10/2018 11:16:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By humahuma:
thanks! that thing looks so fun. i know its in the cards for me if reviews are positive.

how does the trigger feel in semi? better or on par with stock?
View Quote
I actually really like the stock trigger. But I can’t tell much difference in the Franklin Armory and the B&T in semi.
Link Posted: 6/11/2018 5:14:29 AM EDT
[#18]

I actually really like the stock trigger. But I can’t tell much difference in the Franklin Armory and the B&T in semi.
View Quote
How much if any modiciation to the lower to fit the the BFS?
Link Posted: 6/11/2018 5:21:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Zero. It was a ‘drop in and go’ type of situation.
Link Posted: 6/11/2018 7:27:11 PM EDT
[#20]
I’ve been following your troubles. That, along with the fact that I don’t have many rounds through mine is why I haven’t posted a review yet. You got a refund, right?
View All Quotes

The guy at F5 told me that, I emailed him back requesting info for sending it back and never heard anything back
Link Posted: 6/11/2018 10:00:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Video of my Obsidian 45 on my APC9.

B&T APC9 with Rugged Obsidian 45
Link Posted: 6/11/2018 10:05:09 PM EDT
[#22]

View Quote
good to hear, i like it too. the option for single fire is a must for me and would rather just use the one lower without any compromise.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 7:00:18 PM EDT
[#23]
pretty fun little backpack guns.I just needs to get a 3lug for my can and decide if I want to roll with it as a pistol or submit a form 1

Link Posted: 6/14/2018 7:17:11 PM EDT
[#24]
How long is your neck?
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 7:07:16 AM EDT
[#25]
How long is your neck?
View Quote
Proportional to the rest of my body lol.With a low mount that you typically use on these this setup provides a perfect heads up shooting position.When I get home I'll throw an SB brace on top to compare them. Its really not a drastic height difference.
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 8:52:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Anyone seen or ordered one yet? Midway and Palmetto both show them in stock but I cannot find anything on Geissele's website. Really wanting to order one, but with no info from Geissele, I'd hate for the "in stock" to be a mixup and wait for months for it to arrive.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/geissele-super-apc9-45-trigger-05-685.html
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 9:01:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: fourxfour] [#27]
I have to say that I'm a little sad the apc9 wasn't included in the latest military trial, while the Beretta was. The Beretta seems like a knock off.

Fingers crossed the MP9 does well!!  The aftermarket support will definitely grow if they get an army contract.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/06/11/breaking-us-army-to-evaluate-10-subguns-for-sub-compact-weapon-program/amp/
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 11:54:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: new21022] [#28]
Originally Posted By O3scgt:
Proportional to the rest of my body lol.With a low mount that you typically use on these this setup provides a perfect heads up shooting position.When I get home I'll throw an SB brace on top to compare them. Its really not a drastic height difference.
View Quote
Yea, I guessed that would be your reasoning. If I may however suggest that instead of bringing the gun up above your shoulder to get the optic inline with your face, you leave the gun inline with your shoulder for a direct recoil path (because this gun isn't exactly low recoil like an MP5) and use a higher mount to bring the optic up. A gun above your shoulder like that will arc in recoil, you should be able to see this in split times if you have a timer and some structured practice tests.

I agree, heads up shooting position is where it's at, these guys with optics mounted real low tell me a story without having to say anything. But moving the gun up out of a direct to body recoil path isn't the best way get there, it's why mounts come in heights. But what do I know (you'd be surprised)!? Maybe it works for you!
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 2:54:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By CWied:
Anyone seen or ordered one yet? Midway and Palmetto both show them in stock but I cannot find anything on Geissele's website. Really wanting to order one, but with no info from Geissele, I'd hate for the "in stock" to be a mixup and wait for months for it to arrive.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/geissele-super-apc9-45-trigger-05-685.html
View Quote
Made your link hot, and here is the Midway link: https://www.midwayusa.com/product/885179/geissele-super-apc-trigger-b-and-t-apc9-apc45

$325 price point. The Franklin Binary Trigger is currently "on sale" for $450: https://www.franklinarmory.com/collections/binarytrigger/products/franklin-armory-bfsiii-b-t-c1

Decisions, decisions...
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 3:47:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CWied] [#30]
Originally Posted By JohnLWare:

Made your link hot, and here is the Midway link: https://www.midwayusa.com/product/885179/geissele-super-apc-trigger-b-and-t-apc9-apc45

$325 price point. The Franklin Binary Trigger is currently "on sale" for $450: https://www.franklinarmory.com/collections/binarytrigger/products/franklin-armory-bfsiii-b-t-c1

Decisions, decisions...
View Quote
Doh, I forgot. Thanks for the hotlink. I'm not much on binary triggers, though they are pretty neat.

I think I'm gonna snag the Geissele... I swear I've got more money in my APC than any other gun I own lol. I wonder though. Why are AR triggers much less expensive than the Scar, APC, MCX, etc? Specialty triggers? Smaller customer base?
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 3:56:56 PM EDT
[#31]

Doh, I forgot. Thanks for the hotlink. I'm not much on binary triggers, though they are pretty neat.

I think I'm gonna snag the Geissele... I swear I've got more money in my APC than any other gun I own lol. I wonder though. Why are AR triggers much less expensive than the Scar, APC, MCX, etc? Specialty triggers? Smaller customer base?
View Quote
Yeah I would say order volume - amortizing the design cost over a much smaller sales forecast.
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 4:01:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CWied] [#32]
Originally Posted By JohnLWare:

Yeah I would say order volume - amortizing the design cost over a much smaller sales forecast.
View Quote
Hey, I'm just glad they did it. My SSA has been working just fine, but the hammer hits the receiver before it's perfectly vertical, so it has a slight cant to it. No light primer strike issues, though.

ETA:

I also remember there being some gaps between the trigger body and receiver as well. Still, no issues.

Also, order placed from Midway!
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 4:52:02 PM EDT
[#33]
It does seem strange that Geissele doesn't have anything up on their site about the APC triggers being released but I ordered one the other day and it's en route and expected delivery day is tomorrow. I love my other Geissele triggers so i'm excited for it. I don't see any adjustment screws in the pictures i've seen so i'm guessing the pull weight adjustments are done by changing springs. Does anyone know otherwise?
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 7:09:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Cornelius_:
It does seem strange that Geissele doesn't have anything up on their site about the APC triggers being released but I ordered one the other day and it's en route and expected delivery day is tomorrow. I love my other Geissele triggers so i'm excited for it. I don't see any adjustment screws in the pictures i've seen so i'm guessing the pull weight adjustments are done by changing springs. Does anyone know otherwise?
View Quote
I thought the same as well, though I'm sure you swap the spring. Glad to see they're shipping.
Link Posted: 6/16/2018 2:43:52 PM EDT
[#35]
I just got mine. It comes with the ~4 lb trigger spring installed and separate ~2.75 lb spring you can swap in. The curve is the same as Geissele's standard M4 curved triggers but the face is flat instead of having the slight curve of my SSA/SSA-E's.
Link Posted: 6/16/2018 4:06:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Cornelius_:
I just got mine. It comes with the ~4 lb trigger spring installed and separate ~2.75 lb spring you can swap in. The curve is the same as Geissele's standard M4 curved triggers but the face is flat instead of having the slight curve of my SSA/SSA-E's.
View Quote
Good to know, thanks. Have you shot with it yet?
Link Posted: 6/16/2018 10:03:53 PM EDT
[#37]

Good to know, thanks. Have you shot with it yet?
View Quote
I actually haven't shot my APC9 at all yet, I just got it recently and got a new mount so I could put my T-1 on it. I was hoping to get a TL with the B&T mount but everyone is sold out and only want to sell it to buyers that bought their gun from them. My plan is to take it out in the next couple of days and shoot it and then swap in the 2.75 lb spring and take it out again to see which one I like more. I really like my SD-E and SSA-E and seem to prefer a 3-3.5 lb trigger pull weight. With the 4 lb spring it feels good but just a little heavier than I prefer. Mine is just a range gun so it'll probably end up with the lighter spring. From only having dry fired both the stock and the Geissele trigger the Geissele is a definite improvement. My stock trigger had some initial take up before the break but the Geissele has almost none There's still a touch of movement before a very crisp break but it's really only noticeable when carefully squeezing the trigger and watching from the side. When holding it up in a firing position I can't feel it. Even with the 4 lb spring it's definitely lighter than the stock trigger. I measured the weight of my stock trigger a bit ago and I think it was around 5 lbs but I can't remember exactly.

Link Posted: 6/18/2018 1:36:40 PM EDT
[#38]
I like Geissele products but I’m going to wait for a sale. $325 is ridiculous IMO.
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 1:45:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Same here, Geisselle triggers are great but I don't have a $325 problem with the stock trigger. Though, if the Franklin Binary trigger ever hits the $300 range I'm a definite player.
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 1:07:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Agree, I just can't make myself pull the trigger at that price point. I may eventually, but I'm not there yet.
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 7:04:42 PM EDT
[#41]
FYI, Brownells had mags in stock.
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 7:19:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By fourxfour:
I have to say that I'm a little sad the apc9 wasn't included in the latest military trial, while the Beretta was. The Beretta seems like a knock off.

Fingers crossed the MP9 does well!!  The aftermarket support will definitely grow if they get an army contract.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/06/11/breaking-us-army-to-evaluate-10-subguns-for-sub-compact-weapon-program/amp/
View Quote
That's TWO chances of cheaper magazines in my eyes.
But, an off the rack mk18 isn't too terribly larger than some of the contestants.
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 7:09:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 9:58:25 AM EDT
[#44]
Brownells has 30 and 20 rounders. 30's are cheaper. $44 regular, $41 dealer. Check the industry page for coupon codes for free shipping and a % off of that.

https://www.brownells.com/magazines/rifle-magazines/magazines/b-t-magazine-for-mp9-30-rd-9mm-sku100023975-104817-199193.aspx
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 8:31:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AKSU] [#45]
Super APC triggers on sale @Geissele for $260
Link Posted: 7/4/2018 11:14:51 PM EDT
[#46]
I metered the APC9 with the Omega 9K at the ear and MIL STD. Need a few days to get it written up.
Link Posted: 7/5/2018 2:39:23 AM EDT
[#47]
I metered the APC9 with the Omega 9K at the ear and MIL STD. Need a few days to get it written up.
View Quote
Louder or quieter than you would have thought? There is a lot of port noise on these.
Link Posted: 7/5/2018 2:40:44 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By AKSU:
View Quote
Did you get one? I'd love to hear a report. I think my stock trigger is fine. its not "wow" but its far better than most milspec AR triggers ive had.
Link Posted: 7/5/2018 11:18:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Did you get one? I'd love to hear a report. I think my stock trigger is fine. its not "wow" but its far better than most milspec AR triggers ive had.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AKSU:
Yes, I ordered one yesterday and got my shipping notice today.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 2:47:59 PM EDT
[#50]
I ordered one today.
Page / 73
B&T 9mm Carbine APC9 (Page 34 of 73)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top