Site Notices
B&T 9mm Carbine APC9 (Page 33 of 73)
Page / 73
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 8:46:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Any cheap mags available? I have a looming mag ban in my state
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 8:55:38 AM EDT
[#2]
I've not found cheap mags ever for these. I've found mags, but expect to pay $50 each. If you have a C&R FFL, Brownells will consider you a "dealer" and you can get dealer pricing, which for me was like $48. watch for coupons like $10 off $100 and stack with something like ebates or Active Junky and that should get your cost per mag down. But cheap? nope.
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 4:30:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: razARback] [#3]
Form 1’ers: Did you have your APC9 engraved here?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 5:17:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 8:32:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
God I need a suppressor
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 9:15:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By JohnLWare:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/284972/2AD40588-D206-4ECC-8156-F892B0338A04-498109.JPG
View Quote
That’s where mine is going.  Scott over at THSF said that’s where a lot of guys do those.  Makes sense it’s the same place B&T did it.
Link Posted: 3/30/2018 8:19:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By BS68280:
That’s where mine is going.  Scott over at THSF said that’s where a lot of guys do those.  Makes sense it’s the same place B&T did it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BS68280:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/284972/2AD40588-D206-4ECC-8156-F892B0338A04-498109.JPG
That’s where I did mine. And THSF did a good job also.
Link Posted: 3/30/2018 8:24:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By 59chevy:

That’s where I did mine. And THSF did a good job also.
View Quote
10-4, that’s where I’m sending it.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 7:44:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Silly Question:

What's the charging effort like on the APC9?

I have a bad shoulder and had a Zenith Z5p and the charging effort was enough that my shoulder would ache after a range session. I did pick up a PTR 9C yesterday and that was worlds easier than the Z5p I had, which could've been a bad model, hell my wife couldn't even charge the bolt and that's using the brace for leverage.

I have yet to find an APC9 locally to try out.

Thanks,
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 9:08:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Hulley:
Silly Question:

I have a bad shoulder and had a Zenith Z5p and the charging effort was enough that my shoulder would ache after a range session. I did pick up a PTR 9C yesterday and that was worlds easier than the Z5p I had, which could've been a bad model, hell my wife couldn't even charge the bolt and that's using the brace for leverage.

Thanks,
View Quote
I've never tried charging any of the weapons stated so I can't really compare it, but the APC9 isn't that heavy until you hit the buffer at the back of the pull. I would say that up until that point it's lighter than an AR, but once you hit the buffer its heavier, but its only for 1/2 an inch or so. The bolt has to be pulled back pretty much all the way to engage the bolt lock, but I don't think it has to go back all the way to successfully chamber a round.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 10:43:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By DCV_117:

I've never tried charging any of the weapons stated so I can't really compare it, but the APC9 isn't that heavy until you hit the buffer at the back of the pull. I would say that up until that point it's lighter than an AR, but once you hit the buffer its heavier, but its only for 1/2 an inch or so. The bolt has to be pulled back pretty much all the way to engage the bolt lock, but I don't think it has to go back all the way to successfully chamber a round.
View Quote
Thank you!
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 5:21:20 PM EDT
[#12]
yep, you can chamber a round with little effort. locking the bolt back requires a bit of effort but unlike the zenith, the bolt is open after the last round so it shouldnt matter.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 9:21:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Silly Question:

Thanks,
View Quote
keep in mind the Z5P is a roller lock system. those have a certain force needed to get the rollers unlocked. The APC9 is a simple blow back, no locking feature.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 9:25:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By humahuma:
yep, you can chamber a round with little effort. locking the bolt back requires a bit of effort but unlike the zenith, the bolt is open after the last round so it shouldnt matter.
View Quote
Thank you, yeah that would definitely be good, plus I think the APC has ambi charging, right? My left shoulder is the bad one.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 9:27:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Trpclfvr:

keep in mind the Z5P is a roller lock system. those have a certain force needed to get the rollers unlocked. The APC9 is a simple blow back, no locking feature.
View Quote
Yeah but the difficulty was the initial charge, after that, cycling the bolt was fairly easy.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 10:36:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Thank you, yeah that would definitely be good, plus I think the APC has ambi charging, right? My left shoulder is the bad one.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By humahuma:
It can be configured to either side with ease.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 7:41:08 AM EDT
[#17]

It can be configured to either side with ease.
View Quote
Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 2:34:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Trpclfvr:
View Quote
Actually, since the charging handle in MP5 type guns bears directly on the carrier, the only force required is to overcome the recoil spring.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 10:37:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Tax stamp Tuesday. 178 days from check cashed (10/30/17) - filed individual.

Link Posted: 5/1/2018 11:04:47 PM EDT
[#20]

https://s18.postimg.cc/swyptoljd/02_C9_E940-_FF8_C-432_F-94_F9-9768_FB1_A41_D5.jpg
View Quote
Congrats!
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 7:54:21 AM EDT
[#21]

https://s18.postimg.cc/swyptoljd/02_C9_E940-_FF8_C-432_F-94_F9-9768_FB1_A41_D5.jpg
View Quote
Damn that looks good!
Link Posted: 5/5/2018 9:57:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: UsubM] [#22]
Just picked up my APC9 and put a brace on it. No plans to SBR it just because the brace is so substantial by itself. I would like to invest in a new sight for it though. I have the Eotech laying around and decided to throw it on for now.
hopefully I'll get the chance to shoot it tomorrow...

20180504-IMG_8672-Canon EOS 6D-70 mm

20180504-IMG_8679-Canon EOS 6D-70 mm
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 3:41:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Finally had the chance to bring my replacement APC9 drum from F5 to the range today. Worked great for the first 100 rounds. The first 50 were 124gr PMC, followed by 50 rounds of Federal 115gr target ammo. After this I switched to S&B 115gr and had feeding issues with every round. For some reason they would not feed properly, I don't know why. Same bullet profile as the 115gr Federal that I was using. I decided to unload the drum after 4 consecutive feed failures, and then filled it back up with 50 rounds of 115gr Federal target ammo. It then ran great, no issues at all.

I decided to try the S&B in a B&T stick mag, all 30 ran fine so it had to have been an issue with that particular ammo in the F5 drum. I had ~10 rounds of the S&B left and decided to put them in the F5 drum. This time they all ran great, but when I removed the mag the follower fell out again Same type of failure that I had with the first drum, only this time it happened after 160 rounds instead of 100

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 4:07:22 PM EDT
[#24]
On a happier note, I bought my first suppressor this weekend. A Rugged Obsidian 45, can't wait for it to reach my dealer so I can play with it while I wait for my stamp.

Does anyone here run their APC 9 suppressed? How is it?
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 8:03:23 PM EDT
[#25]
On a happier note, I bought my first suppressor this weekend. A Rugged Obsidian 45, can't wait for it to reach my dealer so I can play with it while I wait for my stamp.

View Quote

APC9-Z211
by TX 556Mav, on Flickr

It runs great suppressed. It's one of my favorite suppressor hosts.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 10:53:26 PM EDT
[#26]
F5 manufacturing emailed me back, they are going to issue me a refund for now and go back to the drawing board on the follower. I'll say I've been very pleased with their customer service during this debacle.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4464/37603476320_6a97f63331_b.jpg
APC9-Z211
by TX 556Mav, on Flickr

View All Quotes

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4464/37603476320_6a97f63331_b.jpg
APC9-Z211
by TX 556Mav, on Flickr

Good to know
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 8:30:43 AM EDT
[#27]

View Quote
They run amazing suppressed. The APC series guns seem to all have gas vent out points to accommodate for suppressor use. There's no gas to the shooter's face from what I've encountered.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 10:44:52 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By roughrider94:
They run amazing suppressed. The APC series guns seem to all have gas vent out points to accommodate for suppressor use. There's no gas to the shooter's face from what I've encountered.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By roughrider94:

What suppressor do you run?
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 5:10:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Getting ready to pull the trigger on the obsidian 9 since I cant figure out a way to run an Osprey on mine. Crazy that the 3 lug mount wont work with the osprey, even if it wouldnt "time" right, but this is what SiCo told me.

hoping to get mine out again soon, it is stupid fun to shoot and i think my very well be my favorite "big pistol".
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 8:24:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By branflake12:
Getting ready to pull the trigger on the obsidian 9 since I cant figure out a way to run an Osprey on mine. Crazy that the 3 lug mount wont work with the osprey, even if it wouldnt "time" right, but this is what SiCo told me.

hoping to get mine out again soon, it is stupid fun to shoot and i think my very well be my favorite "big pistol".
View Quote
What do you mean by "time right"?

I figured you couldn't run an Osprey on there because there is no 3 lug adapter for the Osprey.
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 8:53:08 PM EDT
[#31]

View Quote
The Obsidian 45 is a very good suppressor for the APC 9. I run mine in the short configuration with a 9mm end cap, great sound suppression, no blowback at all and even less recoil than before. Mine has been flawless with every 147gr. ammo I’ve tried.

Link Posted: 5/10/2018 4:23:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Just sent in my form 1 paperwork for the apc9, now the long wait begins....
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 5:00:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By branflake12:

View Quote
I have the Octane, Osprey @ Omega 9K.. I definitely tried to fit my 3 lug mounts on the Osprey. I can confirm it won’t work/fit.. oh well. Reason to order a new can..  
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 9:19:39 AM EDT
[#34]

What do you mean by "time right"?

I figured you couldn't run an Osprey on there because there is no 3 lug adapter for the Osprey.
View Quote
That too, but given how much of the osprey and octane stuff is interchangeable, I had thought an octane 3 lug could work.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 9:21:11 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Rebel556:

I have the Octane, Osprey @ Omega 9K.. I definitely tried to fit my 3 lug mounts on the Osprey. I can confirm it won’t work/fit.. oh well. Reason to order a new can..  
View Quote
Exactly. But I really wanted it to work!
Link Posted: 5/25/2018 2:27:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By eternal24k:
Any cheap mags available? I have a looming mag ban in my state
View Quote
http://www.gandrtactical.com/BampT-APC9-TP9-30rd-9mm-Mag_p_222.html
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 7:23:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Move quickly.  A small number of mags available HERE for $44.99
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 8:04:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By yamadog35:
View Quote
I just got 6. Confirmation emailed.
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 9:20:22 PM EDT
[#39]
https://www.manventureoutpost.com/products/B%26T-Magazine%2C-9MM%2C-30Rd%2C-Fits-TP9%7B47%7DAPC9%2C-Clear-Finish-BT%252d30183.html

3 left and use the code MVOSummer for 5% off

Brings it down to $35 before shipping
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 9:36:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cornelius_] [#40]
Originally Posted By yamadog35:
View Quote
Thanks for the heads up! I was able to grab a few.

My APC9 is on its way to my local dealer and I'd like to get one of the Aimpoint TLs with the B&T mount but everyone seems to be sold out and most dealers say they'll only sell them to people who also bought an APC from them. Any chance of getting one or should I just get a low mount (leaning towards a Spuhr SM-1900) for my T-1? Also, I can't seem to find the magazine loader anywhere but I think I read that B&T was possibly redesigning it, anyone know if that's the case?
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 7:53:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 9:25:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Dude... range report please... ASAP!!!!
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 9:36:52 PM EDT
[#43]
goloud, don't leave us hanging, any footage?
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 10:05:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By bestiller:
goloud, don't leave us hanging, any footage?
View Quote
It’s fast and slick. I have one video before the mosquitoes got deadly. Hopefully tomorrow.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 3:40:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: razARback] [#45]
What subs are you guys running? I shot some 147gr Lawman this morning (with the Wolf-9SD in long config) and it sounded like I was getting some crack downrange.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 6:44:50 PM EDT
[#46]
What subs are you guys running? I shot some 147gr Lawman this morning (with the Wolf-9SD in long config) and it sounded like I was getting some crack downrange.
View Quote
Xtreme 165gr with about 2.5-2.7gr of titegroup are very quite in mine with my Octane or Revoulotion.
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 3:41:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Another trip to the range and I’m more impressed with the APC than I was before.  Nothing like ringing steel with a 9mm at 200yds.  Free hand it’s honestly easier to do with the APC than the AR because it’s so damn light.
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 6:00:16 PM EDT
[#48]
View Quote
I run a lot of the Speer 147gr. FN with the Obsidian 45 in short configuration and no issues going SS. I did have a few AE 147gr. FN that I thought I heard go SS which caught me off guard.
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 8:53:41 PM EDT
[#49]
I didn't think it was possible for me to love this gun anymore, but then I threw a Obsidian 45 on it

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/4/2018 8:30:57 AM EDT
[#50]
Before I buy a case of it, how does the APC9 shoot with flat nose ammo? I don't a case of ammo if it won't feed properly.

Ammo in question

Attachment Attached File
Page / 73
B&T 9mm Carbine APC9 (Page 33 of 73)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top