Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2017 3:27:30 PM EDT
I'm looking for snap caps in .22LR ,.22WMR, 30-30, .357 Mag., .44 Mag., 12 Ga., and 45.70.

Tipton & A-Zoom seem to have poor ratings.

Any ideas?
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 4:12:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Testing?  Come on dude we know your running around the house shooting invisible Indians when the wife is gone.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 4:20:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, you did not ask BUT I discovered that if you use the .17HMR ones with the holes in the end where a primer might go if they weren't rimfire (they're blue, I don't remember the brand) they won't feed correctly because the pointy bullet stays in that "primer pocket" and causes the round to tip ass-up when being lifted into the feed path.  

ETA: Pretty sure they are A-Zooms.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 7:01:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Depends on what you want to do.
If you want to protect a firing pin, you need snap caps.

If you want to test feeding and extraction, and practice loading and operating you need Action Proving Dummies.
These are the exact same size, weight, and balance of live ammo.

Snap caps are just snap caps and are never the exact size as live ammo, nor the same balance and weight.  They are not very usable for anything but padding a firing pin.

Buy Action Proving Dummies from Brownell's.
Do a search on their site for "Dummies".  That will pop up 24 items, including snap caps.
Note that some items have customer reviews.
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 7:51:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Thank you.

That was the info I was looking for!

Update: I did read the reviews and most are all negative on these.

So, the search goes on.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top