Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2015 6:38:17 PM EDT

The eyes are not what they used to be so I added a red dot to my Big Boy in .38/.357. This is a Bushnell TRS 25 that I had lying around not getting used. It is small enough that it does not change the lines of the gun too much and really does not look bad at all on the gun. The optic sits at the perfect height and the speed of acquiring targets is much much faster. I'll get to the range on Tuesday to try her out.

Several weeks ago I added a red dot to my Marlin 39A and truly love it. Some really hate optics on lever guns, but I need them. 3 of my 4 have a red dot or low power scope.

Link Posted: 3/22/2015 6:42:01 PM EDT
[#1]
That's a beautiful rifle!
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 6:43:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pics, man!

We need pics!
View Quote

Pics are up.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 7:58:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I am a old school traditionalist but that is a pretty clean application of new school on old school .

I myself am about ten years past much of any use of standard lever gun irons but have been reasonably effective with aperture sights.

I don't really hunt so we are talking range work when the light is fairly bright . Not real sure the apeature sights would work at dawn and dusk with my eyes .

One has to pick his battles as one gets older

The one thing that makes me bonkers is when I see some older fellow decide it is time to scope his lever gun and he somehow ends up with one of those "see thru" scope mounts that puts the center of the scope about 4" above the barrel . the idea is supposed to be that you can see the scope or you can peek under it and see the factory irons . The reality is neither the irons or the scope is more than 20% useable and the whole rifle is top heavy and clumsy as all get out
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 11:26:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Damn, that gun is gorgeous.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 8:44:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Looks good. I might be tempted to try it in the forward position. The red dot looks a bit close.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 8:16:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks good. I might be tempted to try it in the forward position. The red dot looks a bit close.
View Quote

Do you see how long that stock is? It is perfect mounted in the current position I hope to test it out tomorrow.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top