Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/9/2017 6:42:26 PM EDT
I got a decent deal on a used TL30 safe.  

Basically it’s a large rectangular box with 4 shelves.   70x28x26. (Basically).  

What can I get to organize some rifles better?  Something that won’t take up too much space.  

I was thinking about putting a sheet of Velcro on the interior part of the door and getting my handguns there.  So when the door closes the handguns won’t hit the shelves.  

I can completely take out the shelves.  

Recommendation?

I’ll have my favorites up front and the other in the back.  I really don’t want to stack them on top of each other.  

However, that is an option.
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 6:53:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I had these guys make me a custom MOLLE panel for the inside of the door.  

http://www.wildecustomgear.com/store/molle-safe-panel-organizer

My gun cabinet is pretty small, but I have three pistols hanging from the inside of the door in inexpensive MOLLE cases as well as some loaded pistol and rifle magazines and a Surefire flashlight in pouches (along with some other odds and ends).  It freed up a meaningful amount of space for me.  The photo below is from the vendor's web site.

Link Posted: 11/9/2017 7:03:57 PM EDT
[#2]
That’s a great option. Way better than sheets of Velcro.  

I should be able to mount that.
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 8:49:00 PM EDT
[#3]
check out a product called rifle rods
Link Posted: 11/10/2017 1:43:41 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a TL with no interior as well. I used these to hang my handguns from the shelves. Then I hung some of my uppers, lowers, and an SBS from pegboard on the door. 

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/10/2017 11:16:08 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a TL30 as well, I made my own "Rifle Rods" with rare-earth magnets and carbon fiber rods, no need to add velcro or pay overly expensive prices for some plastic rod.

I plan to basically cut my interior in half and build a box with sliding shelves for my handguns, which will lay flat, and leave the other side for long guns. I also plan to eventually add something to my door, but I haven't decided on exactly what yet. The panel that covers my locking mechanism is hinged and just a couple screws lets it open up, so it'll be easy to add whatever I want.
Link Posted: 11/10/2017 12:32:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Where did you source the carbon fiber rods?

Hot glue the magnets to the rods or some formulation of JB Weld?
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 7:08:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Attachment Attached File

well, maybe not the most efficient but SecureIt cradle grid systems are damn sexy and easy to get to your guns

personally, in my safe, I use a "sportsman" style shelf
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/12/2017 4:45:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Where did you source the carbon fiber rods?

Hot glue the magnets to the rods or some formulation of JB Weld?
View Quote
I got the CF off of eBay, as well as the rare earth magnets. I bought Carbon Fiber Tube, 4.5mm, I then bought Rare Earth Ring Magnets, that are counter sunk, used a small brass wood screw+epoxy and screw into the tube.

I then used heat shrink wrap on the end that went down the barrel, this serves two purposes, it protects any carbon fiber that might have split when I cut the tube, and (much more importantly) it lets me know immediately if the tube broke and is stuck down the barrel. If I don't see heat shrink on the tube, I know immediately NOT to shoot the gun. I also used red heat shrink at the top where the magnet meets the tube, to indicate guns stored with loaded mags (SBR and 870).

I use the same rod for .30 cal, just use a couple extra tubes of heat shrink to fatten up the tip.

I can get a picture if you're interested.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

ETA: I do plan to change out the magnets I bought, the original ones are tiny, less than the size of a dime, they work if you're careful, but a bigger magnet would be better.
Link Posted: 11/13/2017 2:08:54 AM EDT
[#9]
I bought all the stuff off eBay yesterday.  Almost identical to your set up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top