Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 8:34:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I pre ordered a Cross from a local dealer. They couldn’t give me a price because they said they haven’t got a price from SIG. has anyone else preordered and been given a price from your dealer? I’m tracking the projected MSRP from SIG but was wondering what dealers are going to be asking for them.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 4:27:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 5:18:36 PM EDT
[#3]
What’s going on with the muzzle? Looks too small to be a brake is it just a thread protector?
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 5:34:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I would like to try one of these out just am a bit worried about future support.  I have a SHR970 that is one of my favorites and a 556.  Unfortunately both are no longer supported by SIG.  I can easily see the Cross falling into the same category.  Its a shame too, the 970 is one of the best engineered  and assembled hunting rifles I have used (just my non-engineer opinion).  Wish I could still get another, I am half afraid to shoot it much for fear of breaking some part on it.  That may change now that my first .30 suppressor is in and the barrel is threaded.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 7:03:33 PM EDT
[#5]
What’s the skinny on loaded 277 ammo?  I’m apt to get the Creedmoor due to scarcity.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 9:18:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What’s the skinny on loaded 277 ammo?  I’m apt to get the Creedmoor due to scarcity.
View Quote

The Creedmoor is the clear winner for the base gun unless you're a dinosaur and then you can get the 308. I think I want one in 8.6 Creedmoor so they should get on it.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 9:00:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What’s going on with the muzzle? Looks too small to be a brake is it just a thread protector?
View Quote

Thread protector.

Its a tapered muzzle, so you're seeing a 90-degree adapter collar and a thread protector.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 9:50:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks. Now back to that 8.6 Creedmoor 338 Blackout whatever
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 10:40:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Thanks. Now back to that 8.6 Creedmoor 338 Blackout whatever
View Quote

They dont even have that round figured out yet - once they do, it could be interesting to see it in several rifle platforms.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 12:55:14 PM EDT
[#10]
If you were to have it before Q it might get spicy. Thanks for the updates.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 12:55:29 PM EDT
[#11]
What’s the barrel length?
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 2:12:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
What’s the barrel length?
View Quote

16" .308 and .277 Fury
18" 6.5 Creedmoor
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 3:13:55 PM EDT
[#13]
I'd order a 277 if I could find a solid YES answer to the question, "Can I reload this round using the newfangled case?"
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 6:20:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Is it available In 277 yet?
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 6:14:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Is it available In 277 yet?
View Quote

Its not out at all yet.
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 12:14:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Its not out at all yet.
View Quote
It was orderable from Sig to dealers as of monday. So you should see them start to appear very soon.
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 9:59:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Been wondering if the Cross is still coming out this month, specifically the .277 fury model?
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 5:56:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Wait is it 3 versions? I thought it was caliber/barrel switchable like Virtus.
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 3:10:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Just bought a 308 BR since Spear is not out yet, but am still watching this Cross pretty closely. Looking fwd to first owner's YT vids etc
Link Posted: 6/24/2020 6:55:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Any news on the Cross? Are they in perma-delay status, I thought they were due to ship out in May or June?

I've been planning on picking one up, but if they aren't going to be out in time to get loads worked up for the season, I might pick up something available and boot the Cross to next year.
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 6:01:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Any word or inside info on when these will be available?
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 10:48:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Read "late August" somewhere
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 10:17:26 PM EDT
[#23]
I need this rifle, for Sig has not finished betraying me.

Much like the wounded dog that found the wrong part of the battlefield, I NEED Sig to come over here and finish what they started.

Hand me a Sig Cross rifle like a dog treat you managed to dig out of your back pocket, Sig.

Then blow away the last vestiges of my trust so our relationship can enter the painless phase of eternal darkness.
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 2:01:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Per Sig’s email today the Cross is currently shipping to dealers.
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 2:02:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Per Sig’s email today the Cross is currently shipping to dealers.
View Quote

Cabela's shows them in stock in some stores. my Bass Pro doesn't have any. I haven't been able to get through to the pro-shop yet today.
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 2:50:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Apparently a bunch of the first guns to go out had bad bolts.

Two more weeks
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 2:54:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Apparently a bunch of the first guns to go out had bad bolts.

Two more weeks
View Quote

Some did, I wouldn't classify it as "a bunch".  This issue has already been resolved and hasn't affected production/shipping.
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 3:11:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Good I’m glad it was easily corrected.  Can you say what was wrong?
Link Posted: 8/8/2020 9:37:48 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Some did, I wouldn't classify it as "a bunch".  This issue has already been resolved and hasn't affected production/shipping.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Did any 6.5s go out on the first shipment? If so, any tips on where to look? Two Cabela's around here have .308s on the shelf, but no 6.5s to be found.... Cutting it close to get some load work done before bow season.

Quoted:
Good I’m glad it was easily corrected.  Can you say what was wrong?

I'm sure it was no biggie, like some cars rolling off the line with "bad wheels"
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 1:25:47 PM EDT
[#30]
@coregon

Can you tell us whether Cross rifles in 6.5 are shipping yet, or when they are supposed to start shipping? I'm looking but all I see are .308s.

Edit: after 30 min on hold with Sig customer service I got that the only Cross rifles that have shipped have been the .308s, and that there was no ETA on the 6.5s. Sounds like those of us wanted to hunt the 6.5 version this year are probably out of luck. Maybe I'll just buy a .308, hunt it this year then rebarrel to something better next year, I do have a bunch of .308 components laying around...
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 2:03:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
@coregon

Can you tell us whether Cross rifles in 6.5 are shipping yet, or when they are supposed to start shipping? I'm looking but all I see are .308s.
View Quote

Someone in this thread said their store had 6.5’s
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 3:03:28 PM EDT
[#32]
I broke down and bought the only .308 Cross at the Sidney, Ne Cabela's this morning. I'll have more time to play with it tonight, but so far it seems like a really neat little rifle.
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 4:45:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I broke down and bought the only .308 Cross at the Sidney, Ne Cabela's this morning. I'll have more time to play with it tonight, but so far it seems like a really neat little rifle.
View Quote

What's your initial impression of the rifle?
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 12:22:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

What's your initial impression of the rifle?
View Quote

Very positive. I stripped it down and cleaned and relubed everything (it came plenty well lubed with whatever Sig uses, but I like to apply my stuff), my impression is that a lot of thought went into the design of this rifle. The machining and coatings are nice, the bolt design is really neat, tool-less disassembly with nice touches like rollers on the striker cocking bearing surface. Trigger came set to 2.5lb, and the stock is easily adjustable, but locks up tight.

I just fired two groups this morning and two ten round ladders just to get velocity data for truing Quickload. The two groups were both factory, Federal Premium 165gr Accubond and 168gr FGMM. The Fed Premium looked pretty good for the first 5 rounds out of the gun, the FGMM looks very good with the first 4 rounds cutting a little cluster and me pulling the fifth to the left. I suspect the rifle is going to be an excellent shooter.
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 3:55:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Next year for creed moor?
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 4:06:03 PM EDT
[#36]
I hope they get all the bugs worked out by the time 8.6 Creedmoor exists because they seem like a good match.
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 5:39:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Yeah - I'm mildly pleased to get to wait a few more months for the Gen7 rifle.
Link Posted: 8/17/2020 9:33:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

I went to Bass Pro today and they had one in the back, but wouldn't sell it to me because of the bolt recall. Would you say it was just corporate overreaction / CYA or some other misunderstanding?
Link Posted: 8/17/2020 11:02:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I went to Bass Pro today and they had one in the back, but wouldn't sell it to me because of the bolt recall. Would you say it was just corporate overreaction / CYA or some other misunderstanding?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They probably haven't received the replacement bolt yet.
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 7:17:41 AM EDT
[#40]
What is the bolt issue? Seems odd this wouldn't have surfaced beforehand?
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 9:12:52 AM EDT
[#41]
My Cross came with a bag for the bolt that really looks like it was meant for separate commercial sale.

I wonder if they corrected the bolt issue by tossing a new prepackaged bolt in the box at the point of sale (Cabela's in this case)?
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 11:22:55 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
What is the bolt issue? Seems odd this wouldn't have surfaced beforehand?
View Quote

I haven't seen any explanation as to what the issue was yet. The stores were told it was not a safety issue but outside of that I know nothing.
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 2:43:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Interesting, guess I will be waiting on this one.
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 5:48:53 PM EDT
[#44]
I found a 6.5 Creedmoore Cross Rifle at a semi local gun shop. Haven’t gotten it home yet. Will post pics as soon as I can. This is the first 6.5 Creedmore SIG Cross I’ve seen in the wild so far.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 7:23:21 AM EDT
[#45]
I’m still waiting on an update on the .277 fury. It’s all crickets when it’s mentioned anywhere.
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 12:54:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I’m still waiting on an update on the .277 fury. It’s all crickets when it’s mentioned anywhere.
View Quote

I can't imagine it's any kind of a priority.
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 6:49:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It seemed like the center point of the platform to me so I would think they would at least give a status update on it. But I’ve been wrong many times before, so I guess I’ll just be waiting unless I cave in and buy a Creedmoor.
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 7:20:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

It seemed like the center point of the platform to me so I would think they would at least give a status update on it. But I’ve been wrong many times before, so I guess I’ll just be waiting unless I cave in and buy a Creedmoor.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What do you mean center point? As far as I knew that rounds only real priority was the military testing. Selling a pile of 308's and Creedmoor's makes it profitable and hopefully long lasting. If it ever does show up in the platform I bet it will account for a small amount of sales.
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 7:49:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Soooo the only thing to change calibers is a new bolt head and barrel? DAVETOOLEY over on the hide is already able to make new barrels.
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 8:33:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Soooo the only thing to change calibers is a new bolt head and barrel? DAVETOOLEY over on the hide is already able to make new barrels.
View Quote

Depending on the caliber maybe not even bolt heads. Can't remember if it was here or the Hide but someone mentioned there isn't a lot of extra room to play with so I don't know if we will see any magnum calibers.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top