User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/24/2020 12:06:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thank you, maybe I just wasn't wording it well. Yes, I would prefer a Legacy type receiver top rail, because I wanted an MCX as a dedicated NV gun with a LAM. The Virtus is unappealing because of the shorter receiver top rail. I just don't trust the handguard top rail to hold zero. I also don't want to spend the time chasing down discontinued Legacy parts on the secondary market, so I have not bought into the MCX system. I still think it's a very neat design, and I may end up buying one anyway in the future. It's not what I was looking for now.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like BLKY mentioned, the Virtus is supposed to be better at keeping zero from the Legacy model, but a lot of people actually prefer the Legacy because the the receiver top rail is longer on the Legacy and people just mount their LAM on the receiver portion of the rail... totally mitigating any potential zero problems from the removable handguard.  

For my dedicated NV gun with LAM, I am using one of my LMT monolithic uppers, and will use my Virtus as a truck gun/backpack gun.

Edit to Add:  I'll probably get a TVNC TOR-MINI to put on my Virtus as a backup option though, and will definitely be interested in taking the rail on and off repeatedly to see if there is any noticeable shift at 100 yards.  Anything under 1 MOA is good to go in my opinion for CONUS night vision use.

Thank you, maybe I just wasn't wording it well. Yes, I would prefer a Legacy type receiver top rail, because I wanted an MCX as a dedicated NV gun with a LAM. The Virtus is unappealing because of the shorter receiver top rail. I just don't trust the handguard top rail to hold zero. I also don't want to spend the time chasing down discontinued Legacy parts on the secondary market, so I have not bought into the MCX system. I still think it's a very neat design, and I may end up buying one anyway in the future. It's not what I was looking for now.

I am not an operator and don't jump out of airplanes with my gear. However, I have had zero issues with losing zero or my LAMs not maintaing a zero. Been very happy with the MCX platform. It is as good as others have said. I like it better than my KAC SR15s. Sig knocked it out with the current Virtus.

Link Posted: 6/24/2020 11:25:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I am thinking of selling my SCAR 16s for and MCX pistol, just cannot find any instock.
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 12:13:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I have my first MCX part coming in tomorrow. It is 9” 300 blk conversion kit coming for an Aero M4E1 lower. If it runs well, I will probably get a few more conversion kits.
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 12:58:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a standard MCX 16” barrel. I have the collapsible folding stock and the Romeo 4 (I believe) on it.  We got these rifles long before the Rattler or Virtus rifles were made.

It’s the first generation and was a POS right out of the box.  The hand guard gets super hot to the point you have to wear gloves, the mag release and selector switch were so stiff on the right side of the weapon you couldn’t drop a mag or turn it off safe.

So far I have changed out the trigger group, bcg, springs, spring clips and the charging hammer (original one was plastic and was very weak. We had several bend while pulling them back too hard too fast).

Now fast forward to today. It’s an “ok” rifle. Not worth the price tag. We could have got such better rifles for the amount of money we bought these for.

Right now I’m trying to get the 10” SBR to replace this 16”.  Now if I could switch it out for a PWS I’d do that in a heart beat
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 9:46:33 AM EDT
[#5]

The family is growing...
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 10:12:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have a standard MCX 16" barrel. I have the collapsible folding stock and the Romeo 4 (I believe) on it.  We got these rifles long before the Rattler or Virtus rifles were made.

It's the first generation and was a POS right out of the box.  The hand guard gets super hot to the point you have to wear gloves, the mag release and selector switch were so stiff on the right side of the weapon you couldn't drop a mag or turn it off safe.

So far I have changed out the trigger group, bcg, springs, spring clips and the charging hammer (original one was plastic and was very weak. We had several bend while pulling them back too hard too fast).

Now fast forward to today. It's an "ok" rifle. Not worth the price tag. We could have got such better rifles for the amount of money we bought these for.

Right now I'm trying to get the 10" SBR to replace this 16".  Now if I could switch it out for a PWS I'd do that in a heart beat
View Quote

I'm interested who this "We" is.  Are you the nuke security guy?

I'm not aware of any plastic charging handles.
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 5:12:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I'm interested who this "We" is.  Are you the nuke security guy?

I'm not aware of any plastic charging handles.
View Quote

I'm almost positive we have the first generation MCXs.  The charging handles were super thin polymer.  We had the problem with multiple rifles were guys were using the blade of their hands to charge the weapon and the force bent the charging handles at almost a 45 degree angle.  

Link Posted: 7/3/2020 1:05:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I'm almost positive we have the first generation MCXs.  The charging handles were super thin polymer.  We had the problem with multiple rifles were guys were using the blade of their hands to charge the weapon and the force bent the charging handles at almost a 45 degree angle.  

View Quote

The blade of their hand?  Are you sure these guys weren’t just Down’s syndrome kids with super human strength?
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 3:26:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The blade of their hand?  Are you sure these guys weren’t just Down’s syndrome kids with super human strength?
View Quote

Wow you really typed this?  Why does this site love to revert to using special needs people to describe anything.  As a father to a special needs child I will never understand it.  And to answer your dumbs question, no these guys are not special needs, they carry professionally.
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 12:33:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
I have a first gen. A serial number early enough to be in the Cabelas block, but not a Cabelas gun. My charging handle was metal.

Sure it wasn't an aftermarket?
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 6:57:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I have a first gen. A serial number early enough to be in the Cabelas block, but not a Cabelas gun. My charging handle was metal.

View Quote

No we bought all stock rifles.  When I went through the MCX armorer school this was one of the "upgrades" as they put it.  Originally with our rifles the charging handles, spring plate and spring guide plate were all polymer. During the school all three components were swapped out for metal parts.  

Link Posted: 7/3/2020 6:58:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ditto. I have never seen a polymer MCX charging handle.

Link Posted: 7/3/2020 7:02:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

When I get back to work I'll and see if we still have any of the original handles lying around.
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 9:16:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

When I get back to work I'll and see if we still have any of the original handles lying around.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Appreciate it. The only poly charging handle I've found online is the Radian, which is just polymer coated aluminum. I haven't seen many broken Radians, it'd take some real wrenching to break one of those.
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 9:31:36 PM EDT
[#15]
I own a MCX Legacy pistol with 11.5" 556, 6.75" & 9" 300 BO uppers.  I run a Leupold 1.5-4

I own a MCX Rattler SBR I run a Trijicon RMR2 and peq 15

I carry a MCX Virtus FDE 9" SBR for my duty rifle. I run a Trijicon 1-8 with RMR and Peq 15.  I also have the Sig suppressor forend.

I am setup for Dead Air Sandman K on all the barrels.  

I like the system.  I have given thoughts of off loading my Legacy to obtain my own Virtus, but it is nice to have some early versions.  They run great so no rush to change just for fun.  Maybe I'll pick up the next gen version when it hits the market.

Mike

Link Posted: 7/6/2020 10:18:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I am not an operator and don't jump out of airplanes with my gear. However, I have had zero issues with losing zero or my LAMs not maintaing a zero. Been very happy with the MCX platform. It is as good as others have said. I like it better than my KAC SR15s. Sig knocked it out with the current Virtus.

https://i.imgur.com/sqv8f8N.jpg
View Quote

Any issues with your perst(?) being above the suppressor inside the hand guard?
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 1:38:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Purchases:

- Started with Legacy MCX 11.5" 5.56 pistol that was SBR'ed with Kate Moss stock (currently wearing a Minimalist Plus)
- Added 9" 300BO legacy barrel and 6.75" 300BO legacy barrel
- Picked up Rattler Cal-X upper 5.5" 300BO and added 5.5" 5.56 barrel

So depending on upper, I've got 5.5"/6.75"/9" 300BO barrels and 5.5"/11.5" 5.56 barrels.

The current state of the uppers:
- Legacy equipped with 11.5" 5.56 barrel + T2
- Rattler equipped with 5.5" 5.56 barrel + SRO

I've currently got my 5.56 barrels mounted as I don't want to waste my 300BO ammo.
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 12:48:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Appreciate it. The only poly charging handle I've found online is the Radian, which is just polymer coated aluminum. I haven't seen many broken Radians, it'd take some real wrenching to break one of those.
View Quote

Sorry I haven’t posted back on here. I forgot about it to be honest.  I looked around our Armory and wasn’t able to find any of the older handles.

Little update though. Was issued a new Sig duty rifle, it’s a 10.5” SBR (I’m not sure if it’s a Virtus or just a newer generation MCX).

First 400 rounds I put through it had double feed issues every fifth round.  I have some more testing to do before it gets sent back to Sig for their “update.”

I know of a LE SWAT team that tried to implement the MPX in their arsenal. Almost half of all of the MPXs they purchased had the exact same problem I’m having so all of them went back.

Link Posted: 12/12/2020 12:49:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Double tap

Link Posted: 12/12/2020 8:59:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Sorry I haven’t posted back on here. I forgot about it to be honest.  I looked around our Armory and wasn’t able to find any of the older handles.

Little update though. Was issued a new Sig duty rifle, it’s a 10.5” SBR (I’m not sure if it’s a Virtus or just a newer generation MCX).

First 400 rounds I put through it had double feed issues every fifth round.  I have some more testing to do before it gets sent back to Sig for their “update.”

I know of a LE SWAT team that tried to implement the MPX in their arsenal. Almost half of all of the MPXs they purchased had the exact same problem I’m having so all of them went back.

View Quote

Not surprised at all......
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 5:27:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A genuine double feed (2 live rounds attempting to feed into the chamber) are magazine problems and seldom rifle related.

If you're getting a failure to extract or eject the spent casing with a live round attempting to go in, I'd suggest try swapping your bolt and see if the problem continues. Also confirm you have your regulator set on the appropriate gas setting.
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 5:40:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Sorry I haven't posted back on here. I forgot about it to be honest.  I looked around our Armory and wasn't able to find any of the older handles.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Sorry I haven't posted back on here. I forgot about it to be honest.  I looked around our Armory and wasn't able to find any of the older handles.
I'm about 99% certain that polymer charging handles don't exist for the MCX. Like I said, I have a Mk1 MCX charging handle, and while it doesn't feel as substantial as a Virtus, I don't see it bending.

Little update though. Was issued a new Sig duty rifle, it's a 10.5" SBR (I'm not sure if it's a Virtus or just a newer generation MCX).
You mean 11.5?

First 400 rounds I put through it had double feed issues every fifth round.  I have some more testing to do before it gets sent back to Sig for their "update."
Thats mag related 99% of the time.

I know of a LE SWAT team that tried to implement the MPX in their arsenal. Almost half of all of the MPXs they purchased had the exact same problem I'm having so all of them went back.

I doubt this, and I don't know why what happens to one platform is related to another.
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 2:33:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I'm about 99% certain that polymer charging handles don't exist for the MCX. Like I said, I have a Mk1 MCX charging handle, and while it doesn't feel as substantial as a Virtus, I don't see it bending.
You mean 11.5?
Thats mag related 99% of the time.
I doubt this, and I don't know why what happens to one platform is related to another.
View Quote

After reading your post I went back and measured the barrel. Yes 11.5 sorry

The MPX is confirmed and did happen.  And as far as one platform to another is just showing the lack of quality control Sig has on their products.

I have some more testing to do with my rifle when the weather permits.  Hopefully I won’t have to send my back to Sig
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 12:50:14 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

After reading your post I went back and measured the barrel. Yes 11.5 sorry

The MPX is confirmed and did happen.  And as far as one platform to another is just showing the lack of quality control Sig has on their products.

I have some more testing to do with my rifle when the weather permits.  Hopefully I won’t have to send my back to Sig
View Quote

Just overall curiousity more than anything else. Questions below are related to your MCX issues.

Magazine type? Brand?
Age/ service life of the mags?
Are you running FA and having the feeding issues? Semi? Or both?
Suppressed?
What gas setting are you running?
With it being a duty weapon I doubt any trigger mods were done- but anything else you can think of that might have been changed?
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 2:27:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Just overall curiousity more than anything else. Questions below are related to your MCX issues.

Magazine type? Brand?
Age/ service life of the mags?
Are you running FA and having the feeding issues? Semi? Or both?
Suppressed?
What gas setting are you running?
With it being a duty weapon I doubt any trigger mods were done- but anything else you can think of that might have been changed?
View Quote

Took the sbr out again and put another 250 rounds through it. Only had one FTE and that was at the last 5 or 6 rounds left.  I did both slow and rapid fire, using 8 magazines in all.

The magazines in the initial shoot were gen 2 and gen 3 Pmags. I’ve had those mags for quite a while (4+ years) but have never had any issues with them in my patrol MCX.

On the second shoot I used the original Pmags from the first shoot then also added some metal mags I’ve had for 15+ years that have always been flawless with the other ARs I used in the past.

My sbr doesn’t have the fun switch so I was just shooting semi as fast as I could as well as slow controlled pairs.

No suppressor since this is The People’s Republic of California and for what I do I need a smaller profile anyway.

As far as I know this weapon is completely stock.  It was in the armory with the Romeo sight on it but I was told it had not been shot yet.

One thing I had noticed about this rifle was just how stiff the springs were. It was harder than it should be to pull the bcg back.  I had read a few complaints on the internet (so it must be true right?) about this and how some guys had locked the bolt back for a few days.

Prior to the second shoot I had the bcg locked back for a couple of days before I went out to shoot.

I’m going back out tomorrow for a third run to see how it does. Hoping to do another 4-500 rounds.  

Link Posted: 12/16/2020 3:03:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Took the sbr out again and put another 250 rounds through it. Only had one FTE and that was at the last 5 or 6 rounds left.  I did both slow and rapid fire, using 8 magazines in all.

The magazines in the initial shoot were gen 2 and gen 3 Pmags. I've had those mags for quite a while (4+ years) but have never had any issues with them in my patrol MCX.

On the second shoot I used the original Pmags from the first shoot then also added some metal mags I've had for 15+ years that have always been flawless with the other ARs I used in the past.

My sbr doesn't have the fun switch so I was just shooting semi as fast as I could as well as slow controlled pairs.

No suppressor since this is The People's Republic of California and for what I do I need a smaller profile anyway.

As far as I know this weapon is completely stock.  It was in the armory with the Romeo sight on it but I was told it had not been shot yet.

One thing I had noticed about this rifle was just how stiff the springs were. It was harder than it should be to pull the bcg back.  I had read a few complaints on the internet (so it must be true right?) about this and how some guys had locked the bolt back for a few days.

Prior to the second shoot I had the bcg locked back for a couple of days before I went out to shoot.

I'm going back out tomorrow for a third run to see how it does. Hoping to do another 4-500 rounds.  

View Quote
Metallurgically, that does nothing.
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 3:06:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The magazines in the initial shoot were gen 2 and gen 3 Pmags. I've had those mags for quite a while (4+ years) but have never had any issues with them in my patrol MCX.

On the second shoot I used the original Pmags from the first shoot then also added some metal mags I've had for 15+ years that have always been flawless with the other ARs I used in the past.

My sbr doesn't have the fun switch so I was just shooting semi as fast as I could as well as slow controlled pairs.

No suppressor since this is The People's Republic of California and for what I do I need a smaller profile anyway.

I'm going back out tomorrow for a third run to see how it does. Hoping to do another 4-500 rounds.  

This.  From the perspective of a spring, its the manipulation of the spring that causes wear (in this case, the breaking in process), not the constant compression/decompression state.  Same principle with magazine springs.  

I'm interested to hear your feedback after your next test cycle.
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 4:10:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

This.  From the perspective of a spring, its the manipulation of the spring that causes wear (in this case, the breaking in process), not the constant compression/decompression state.  Same principle with magazine springs.  

View Quote

Yeah this was one of those, “fuck it I’ve tried everything else, let’s give this a shot” moments.

My main goal was to not have to send it back to Sig if I didn’t have too.  This is a loaner to me for a while until my actual sbr can be ordered.  I’m hoping to be able to get a PWS sbr instead of another Sig but that’s a while other issue lol
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 5:13:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Yeah this was one of those, “fuck it I’ve tried everything else, let’s give this a shot” moments.

My main goal was to not have to send it back to Sig if I didn’t have too.  This is a loaner to me for a while until my actual sbr can be ordered.  I’m hoping to be able to get a PWS sbr instead of another Sig but that’s a while other issue lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've had a PWS pistol in the past, 12.5" setup. Honestly wasn't overly impressed and think the MCX is the better mousetrap.

If you're using a receiver extension, may as well stick to the standard Stoner designed gas system.
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 6:38:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I've had a PWS pistol in the past, 12.5" setup. Honestly wasn't overly impressed and think the MCX is the better mousetrap.

If you're using a receiver extension, may as well stick to the standard Stoner designed gas system.
View Quote

Unfortunately for some strange reason we went away from personal weapons (loved my Rock River) and went with the MCX. Our Swat team has the PWS so those are my only two choices.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:24:39 PM EDT
[#31]
I have a legacy mcx, Which I LOVE, but then sig abandoned it and screwed us,  and now I'm hesitant to move to genii cause they'll do it again I'm certain.

I have a 300bo upper, it's SBR'd. Finally found the MI short suppressor handguard in mlok. It looks nice and works but getting it on and off is a pain. The holes are ever so slightly off, so I have to dick with it a bunch to get it on.

I would kill to get an sbr 5.56 upper for it. But getting parts for this thing is super hard.

Never did the trigger  recall because the geissele trigger for ar's fits this one fine and if I do recall it won't. I have no idea if the geissele mcx trigger will work with gen I upgrade or not and it's 300 dollars plus to try.

It's an AMAZING system, but the abandonment of customers has me worried with sig. I won't buy into any more of their systems I don't think. That and finding parts is next to impossible. I'm trying to find an 11" 5.56 but they are unobtanium. I'm going to have to find a16"and pay to have it cut down.

It's the ktm of the gun world. Which sucks, cause it's my favorite rifle, but lack of parts support and fear of abandonment is keeping me from going all in.

If I could order parts anytime or get aftermarket support for various stuff, I'd dump all my AR's and convert over to the platform completely.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:29:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Cabelas SBR’d MCX (the real Legacy MCX ) with auto regulating gas system 9” 5.56 and 9” 300 barrels.

Wife’s gun is a Gen2 MCX with 9” 5.56 (11.5” cut down), 9” 300 barrel and. 16” 5.56 barrel.

Love the LEGO ability. Regularly swap barrels, stocks/braces and handguards.

@coregon, you’ve got to get them to release that adjustable precision stock from the MCX-MR as well as barrel extensions so we can build things like a precision 20” 224 VALKYRIE

Also have a couple MPX’s. Super bummed that we didn’t get 40cal conversations.

Overall very happy.
View Quote

I NEED that buttstock for a pork sword im building
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:43:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I have a legacy mcx, Which I LOVE, but then sig abandoned it and screwed us,  and now I'm hesitant to move to genii cause they'll do it again I'm certain.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I'm rocking a Legacy. I have no problems with upgrading/not. Of course, I also have a Virtus complete upper.

I have a 300bo upper, it's SBR'd. Finally found the MI short suppressor handguard in mlok. It looks nice and works but getting it on and off is a pain. The holes are ever so slightly off, so I have to dick with it a bunch to get it on.
Go to CDNN and buy a link from them. I am 99% certain that there was a slight change in the handguard links over the generations. I have a transitional handguard with a link that won't fit on my Legacy, but the link will fit on my Virtus.

I would kill to get an sbr 5.56 upper for it. But getting parts for this thing is super hard.

Never did the trigger  recall because the geissele trigger for ar's fits this one fine and if I do recall it won't. I have no idea if the geissele mcx trigger will work with gen I upgrade or not and it's 300 dollars plus to try.

It's an AMAZING system, but the abandonment of customers has me worried with sig. I won't buy into any more of their systems I don't think. That and finding parts is next to impossible. I'm trying to find an 11" 5.56 but they are unobtanium. I'm going to have to find a16"and pay to have it cut down.

It's the ktm of the gun world. Which sucks, cause it's my favorite rifle, but lack of parts support and fear of abandonment is keeping me from going all in.

If I could order parts anytime or get aftermarket support for various stuff, I'd dump all my AR's and convert over to the platform completely.
Supply and demand is a bitch right now. Sig isn't getting spare parts out because they're too busy selling entire guns.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 5:08:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Supply and demand is a bitch right now. Sig isn't getting spare parts out because they're too busy selling entire guns.
View Quote

I believe this.  I've had a 9" 300blk upper on special order since June 3rd.  Every time I inquire about it, "sorry, Sig has extended their leadtimes".  
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:56:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I believe this.  I've had a 9" 300blk upper on special order since June 3rd.  Every time I inquire about it, "sorry, Sig has extended their leadtimes".  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

On special order from who?  Unless you’re LE, we don’t even offer a 9” 300BO URG for sale as a separate component.

Also, URG’s are non-existent because we are shipping complete guns.  Just a reality of the supply/demand right now.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:00:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

It’s not abandoned and you’re not screwed.  Virtus components (barrels, bcg, etc) work just fine in a Legacy gun.

The longer you wait to go to another generation, the more likely you are to “get screwed” when evolution happens.  Virtus has now been out for 3+ years.  There’s nothing on the immediate horizon to replace it, but it will eventually be replaced.

Your Geissele trigger will work fine with an upgraded BCG - we’ll even give you the Geissele latch to make it work.

We have an entire section of our website (MCX Parts Picker) that is 100% dedicated to not only providing you with an Avenue to purchase spare parts, but also has exploded diagrams and interactive BOM sheets so that you know you’re getting the right pieces.

I’m sorry you’re frustrated and I’ll do everything I can to help you, but I’m not buying the “abandonment” argument anymore.  An argument of weight in Legacy vs Virtus is valid, or Keymod vs MLOK or  whatever.  But parts availability for MCX have never been better.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:06:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
On special order from who?  Unless you’re LE, we don’t even offer a 9” 300BO URG for sale as a separate component.

Also, URG’s are non-existent because we are shipping complete guns.  Just a reality of the supply/demand right now.
View Quote

Correct, LE/Mil special order form Proven Outfitters.  

However I've seen them offered as non-LE complete conversion kits from several vendors to include Sig:  https://www.sigsauer.com/mcx-virtus-upper-assembly-9-300blk.html

Dare I ask when you think uppers might start to ship again?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:20:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Correct, LE/Mil special order form Proven Outfitters.  

However I've seen them offered as non-LE complete conversion kits from several vendors to include Sig:  https://www.sigsauer.com/mcx-virtus-upper-assembly-9-300blk.html

Dare I ask when you think uppers might start to ship again?
View Quote

Yeah, there have definitely been URG’s offered in the past and still are (predominately to LE, besides a few select/best-selling URG’s).

No ETA, at this point, unfortunately.  If the market continues at its current pace, it could be a very, very long time before you see things like that.  That’s speaking from a commercial market POV - LE/MIL have different levels of allocation and fulfillment, usually dependent upon agency, contract, etc.  something like providing inventory to an LE dealer, like you mentioned, falls much further down the line of priority.  Especially considering the current commercial market and also allowing for LE/.GOV contracts.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:22:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

It’s not abandoned and you’re not screwed.  Virtus components (barrels, bcg, etc) work just fine in a Legacy gun.

The longer you wait to go to another generation, the more likely you are to “get screwed” when evolution happens.  Virtus has now been out for 3+ years.  There’s nothing on the immediate horizon to replace it, but it will eventually be replaced.

Your Geissele trigger will work fine with an upgraded BCG - we’ll even give you the Geissele latch to make it work.

We have an entire section of our website (MCX Parts Picker) that is 100% dedicated to not only providing you with an Avenue to purchase spare parts, but also has exploded diagrams and interactive BOM sheets so that you know you’re getting the right pieces.

I’m sorry you’re frustrated and I’ll do everything I can to help you, but I’m not buying the “abandonment” argument anymore.  An argument of weight in Legacy vs Virtus is valid, or Keymod vs MLOK or  whatever.  But parts availability for MCX have never been better.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The abandonment arguments are primarily from individuals that despise progress and feel a setup should be released once and with minimal changes after. You'll see them mock the improvements to the AR15 even, where they state "Toolcraft is just as good" to LMT Enhanced BCG, Surefire OBC, etc, despite the mechanical benefits to delaying of the unlocking that several carriers offer.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:30:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

The abandonment arguments are primarily from individuals that despise progress and feel a setup should be released once and with minimal changes after. You'll see them mock the improvements to the AR15 even, where they state "Toolcraft is just as good" to LMT Enhanced BCG, Surefire OBC, etc, despite the mechanical benefits to delaying of the unlocking that several carriers offer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well I hope @crashburnrepeat doesn’t think it was being a protagonist in mocking his frustrations.  As I said, I’ll help in anyway I can.  

With our leadership and methods of manufacturing, we’re never going to stop doing that.  While frustrating (sometimes), I also think it sets us apart.  Aside from the comments from individuals that accuse SIG of paying off Generals/Admirals (we don’t employ a single one) to get contracts, our evolutionary speed and our level of willingness for adaptation to move in a direction needed for the warfighter is the primary reason we are favorable in a wide range of .mil/.gov contracts.  MOST of the time, the commercial market sees those benefits, but it can also cause frustration (Legacy MCX).  However, we want to provide the best possible version of a system we spend years/decades trying to perfect.

Many times, I see plans for “Gen2/3” even before “Gen1” is released.  It’s a necessity in an R&D environment, such as ours, to constantly be looking out 2, 5, 10 years at “what’s next?”.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:40:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Well I hope @crashburnrepeat doesn’t think it was being a protagonist in mocking his frustrations.  As I said, I’ll help in anyway I can.  

With our leadership and methods of manufacturing, we’re never going to stop doing that.  While frustrating (sometimes), I also think it sets us apart.  Aside from the comments from individuals that accuse SIG of paying off Generals/Admirals (we don’t employ a single one) to get contracts, our evolutionary speed and our level of willingness for adaptation to move in a direction needed for the warfighter is the primary reason we are favorable in a wide range of .mil/.gov contracts.  MOST of the time, the commercial market sees those benefits, but it can also cause frustration (Legacy MCX).  However, we want to provide the best possible version of a system we spend years/decades trying to perfect.

Many times, I see plans for “Gen2/3” even before “Gen1” is released.  It’s a necessity in an R&D environment, such as ours, to constantly be looking out 2, 5, 10 years at “what’s next?”.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In regards to the bolded above, is there anything for the MCX that has even been exclusive to military beyond the LVAW? I've still been impressed with Sig's commitment to pushing the new firearms to the average Joe and not keeping it for government only, like Remington was doing with the ACR improvements and HK does with their 433.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:41:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Yeah, there have definitely been URG’s offered in the past and still are (predominately to LE, besides a few select/best-selling URG’s).

No ETA, at this point, unfortunately.  If the market continues at its current pace, it could be a very, very long time before you see things like that.  That’s speaking from a commercial market POV - LE/MIL have different levels of allocation and fulfillment, usually dependent upon agency, contract, etc.  something like providing inventory to an LE dealer, like you mentioned, falls much further down the line of priority.  Especially considering the current commercial market and also allowing for LE/.GOV contracts.
View Quote

Oh man are you saying the LE dealers are last in line behind contracts and commercial vendors?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:47:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Oh man are you saying the LE dealers are last in line behind contracts and commercial vendors?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not necessarily - but you also have to look at the pieces of the pie.  LE dealers are a much, much smaller piece of the pie, in comparison to commercial, contracts, etc
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:50:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

In regards to the bolded above, is there anything for the MCX that has even been exclusive to military beyond the LVAW? I've still been impressed with Sig's commitment to pushing the new firearms to the average Joe and not keeping it for government only, like Remington was doing with the ACR improvements and HK does with their 433.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My comment that you put in bold was referring to ALL products, not just MCX.  But to answer your direct question, LVAW is the majority.  There are things like 556 Rattler barrels with threaded barrels (not the fixed FH/gas block on the commercial side), but those are low volume to SMU’s on specific req contracts.

That said, MCX was/is a family of firearms.  There are many, MANY things that was once presented to .mil customers that revolves around MCX that will never see the light of day - to .GOV or commercial alike.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:57:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

That said, MCX was/is a family of firearms.  There are many, MANY things that was once presented to .mil customers that revolves around MCX that will never see the light of day - to .GOV or commercial alike.
View Quote
DAMN YOU!!!
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:04:08 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

My comment that you put in bold was referring to ALL products, not just MCX.  But to answer your direct question, LVAW is the majority.  There are things like 556 Rattler barrels with threaded barrels (not the fixed FH/gas block on the commercial side), but those are low volume to SMU’s on specific req contracts.

View Quote

Thanks for the information, appreciate it. I'm still curious to see what further improvements are coming for the MCX, cheers Sir.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top