User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2017 1:48:03 PM EDT
Picked up for the local gun shop last week.  7mm Mag
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 3:05:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Buy a dictionary next. Just kidding. What is it and how much? Have you shot it yet? Kick like a mule?
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 9:28:36 AM EDT
[#2]
It's a SIG Shr (Swiss hunting rifle) 970.  I'm going to shoot it today and I'm sure it's going to kick hard.  They only made these for a few years.

And thanks on the reminder.  I'm a grammar and spelling nut and when I saw it I freaked out.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 2:33:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I've had rings like those on a Model 70 .308. Unless they're working great for you I'd change them.  Mine would walk my zero every range trip.  Otherwise, beautiful rifle.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 10:44:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I agree on the rings.  The scope came with the rifle.  There are a better set of rings with it that I'm going to switch out.  Plus being a 7mm mag it kicks like a mule and I'm sure it will wander with those rings.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 3:21:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Color case hardened rings, put them on Gunbroker and advertise them as "rare", some moron will buy them.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 1:45:03 AM EDT
[#6]
wow blast from the past, I traded an Uzi in return for one of these and a bunch of cash ahead of the silly Y2K runup.  It was 308 caliber and I don't remember much about how it performed other than the safety would be easily disengaged when walking through brush.

The original plan was to have caliber conversion kits readily available however I don't think many were imported.  AMZN shows a rail available.

Anyway, seemed silly to have a long action gun that shot 308 and conversion kits cost as much as a new 700 sold I sold it off to a coworker that liked it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top