User Panel

Site Notices
Sig MCX Virtus (Page 51 of 69)
Page / 69
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 6:14:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 74novaman:
Still want to try a G MCX trigger, put SSA-Es in basically every AR.

But I agree, the stock match trigger isnt bad.
View Quote

I wish the trigger face was wider but the feel is pretty nice.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 1:34:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By JustinU235:
@goloud, or anyone else, is it that much better than the trigger that comes in new virtus's?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JustinU235:
Originally Posted By goloud:

The G MCX trigger is worth the price of admission.
@goloud, or anyone else, is it that much better than the trigger that comes in new virtus's?

The one that comes in the Virtus is good enough..  unless you have ever had a G or Larue trigger in any of your guns.   and then it is not good enough.    You will not regret putting the G MCX trigger in it.   I have G or LaRue in every rifle I own, so it was a no brainer to get one for my Virtus
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 7:45:22 AM EDT
[#3]
I have Geissele SSA-E in all my ARs, and I did not like the MBT because of the weak reset (overall, a great trigger for slow precision fires), but the Duo-Match is close in terms of consistent break, feel, reset, and trigger weight. The Trigger Tech MCX is a slightly cheaper alternative with qualities seen with the SSA-E. Though I think the Geissele and Tigger Tech MCX have diminishing returns over the Duo.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 12:29:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I returned my Trigger Tech MCX trigger. Too weak of a reset for me, did not like at all. Was weak reset like the ATC AR Gold trigger, not a fan at all.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 1:02:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Blaster7R:

The one that comes in the Virtus is good enough..  unless you have ever had a G or Larue trigger in any of your guns.   and then it is not good enough.    You will not regret putting the G MCX trigger in it.   I have G or LaRue in every rifle I own, so it was a no brainer to get one for my Virtus
View Quote

Thanks all !
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 9:59:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Just Ordered a Black 9” Virtus in .300 blk for a steal!! Super pumped to get my build started!
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 11:48:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Heads up for MCX people. Selling my Wilcox Boss in optics EE. Probably should have put it in NV section.
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 11:19:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Finally got to shoot my .300BO with the Hyperion K

(thanks @coregon for the advice on replacing the link)

With supers, it was shooting so many sparks that I was worried about alignment. Did some reading and apparently this is common with the CGS Ti cans until you put a few hundred rounds through.

With subs it wouldn't cycle until I adjusted the gas, at which point it cycled reliably but completely gassed me out. Was movie-quiet though and a number of shooters wandered over to check it out.

10 rounds of subs and the mag and ejection port were leaking gas for like a minute afterwards.

Already ordered the G Super Charging Handle.

Any other tweaks to help with gas?
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 5:20:11 AM EDT
[#9]
The Hyperion K is a precision rifle can, meaning it’s built to be very quiet on bolt guns. It will have a lot of back pressure on semiautomatic hosts causing all that gas.

Originally Posted By IPMan:
Finally got to shoot my .300BO with the Hyperion K

(thanks @coregon for the advice on replacing the link)

With supers, it was shooting so many sparks that I was worried about alignment. Did some reading and apparently this is common with the CGS Ti cans until you put a few hundred rounds through.

With subs it wouldn't cycle until I adjusted the gas, at which point it cycled reliably but completely gassed me out. Was movie-quiet though and a number of shooters wandered over to check it out.

10 rounds of subs and the mag and ejection port were leaking gas for like a minute afterwards.

Already ordered the G Super Charging Handle.

Any other tweaks to help with gas?
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/4/2022 8:20:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Maybe try the vented endcap.  Little louder but should help with pressure.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 12:09:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By goloud:

The SIG match trigger is very good. No complaints.
View Quote

I put Geissele's in all my AR's. When I was shooting my Virtus a few months ago I thought the trigger was a bit "sticky"

Found out that I had a NOCTIS version of the Virtus which only came with a standard mil-spec trigger versus the duo matchlite.

So shot my friends who was right next to me with a matchlite and there was a noticeable difference. So I decided to install the Geissele in my MCX and this was the consensus:

Side by side by side..... Geissele > SIG MatchLite Duo > Mil-Spec

By no means am I saying SIG's matchlite is a bad trigger, but I've used Geissele, RISE, Timney LaRue and several other branded triggers and I'll always go with Geissele

(FWIW, I took the Timney trigger out of my MPX and put the Geissele in it)
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 12:11:56 PM EDT
[#12]
I think the Sig Duo trigger is pretty nice, especially if you buy it on the second hand market. It has kind of a "rolling" break, the second stage isn't defined as well as an MBT or G.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 12:55:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: doolz] [#13]
Originally Posted By JAG2955:
I think the Sig Duo trigger is pretty nice, especially if you buy it on the second hand market. It has kind of a "rolling" break, the second stage isn't defined as well as an MBT or G.
View Quote

Agreed. I think that the SIG DUO is more crisp for the first shot because there is slightly less take up, but the follow-up is where Geissele succeeds in my experience.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 2:18:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By 74novaman:
Maybe try the vented endcap.  Little louder but should help with pressure.
View Quote

I'll see if the one from my Helios QD Ti will fit.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 2:27:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By IPMan:

I'll see if the one from my Helios QD Ti will fit.
View Quote

I think its the same endcap for Helios/Hyperion K/Hyperion.

My Hyperions are both still in jail so don't quote me on that.  

Plan is to dedicate either the K or Full size to the MCX if it ran well on it so I'm super interested in any more info you have on running it with the Hyperion K.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 6:57:05 PM EDT
[#16]
For those who aren’t aware, Geissele is making the MCX CH again and it’s in stock currently so don’t be a idiot and pay $300-$400 for one on gunbroker
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 9:31:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By AlphaThree:
For those who aren’t aware, Geissele is making the MCX CH again and it’s in stock currently so don’t be a idiot and pay $300-$400 for one on gunbroker
View Quote

WOW I had no idea...  I would have pulled the radian out of mine for that lol
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 8:24:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jmboom] [#18]
Has anyone had any luck purchasing caliber exchange kits for the mcx directly from sig? I have two on order since last June. I have heard about them canceling orders and am getting worried
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 9:00:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By jmboom:
Has anyone had any luck purchasing caliber exchange kits for the mcx directly from sig? I have two on order since last June. I have heard about them canceling orders and am getting worried
View Quote

Osage had a few 9” .300 barrels the other week through the LE program.

Other than that I haven’t seen a single 11.5 or 6.75 barrel available for months, maybe a year, for anything in the same universe as retail price.

I’m starting to question whether Sig actually exists anymore due to the lack of products.  Hopefully, gen 3 stuff is backwards compatible so I can score a barrel before I die of natural causes.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 1:26:07 PM EDT
[#20]
View Quote

Bought a 9” 300 blk kit from Sigs website a few months ago
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 5:59:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: astrocreep96] [#21]
Installed a Geissele charging handle and trigger into the MCX this afternoon.  I agree the stock trigger isn't bad at all.  The Geiselle is nice and crisp and slightly lighter pull.  I will try to get to the range this evening with my son and test it out.

Link Posted: 5/7/2022 11:09:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: astrocreep96] [#22]
Son and I went out, Geissele trigger is pretty nice.

Link Posted: 5/9/2022 11:06:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jmboom] [#23]
I just called to check on my order it is being cancelled. I hope the gen 3 will be backwards compatible. I had on order 11.5" 556 and 6'' 300 blackout caliber exchange kits.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 7:08:43 PM EDT
[#24]
I just called to check on my order it is being cancelled. I hope the gen 3 will be backwards compatible. I had on order 11.5" 556 and 6'' 300 blackout caliber exchange kits.
View Quote

That's some royal BS. I don't care how hard-core of a Sig fan you are, you got to admit that's screwed up. But we all know how Sig loves to move on to something new.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 12:30:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By bwhited:

That's some royal BS. I don't care how hard-core of a Sig fan you are, you got to admit that's screwed up. But we all know how Sig loves to move on to something new.
View Quote

Gen 3 barrels will be backwards compatible.

I’m basing that statement entirely on hopes and dreams.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 2:23:45 PM EDT
[#26]
I had a back order for a 9" .300blk Virtus barrel just come through from Proven.  I hope my 14.5" isn't far behind.  These were ordered in October.  I still have outstanding back orders from Big Tex for an 11.5" upper and a 6.75" barrel.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 5:34:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By JAG2955:
I had a back order for a 9" .300blk Virtus barrel just come through from Proven.  I hope my 14.5" isn't far behind.  These were ordered in October.  I still have outstanding back orders from Big Tex for an 11.5" upper and a 6.75" barrel.
View Quote

FWIW, they just cranked out some 14" pistols and SBRs. Hopefully, they'll have barrels left over for you.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 6:56:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By SilasB:

FWIW, they just cranked out some 14" pistols and SBRs. Hopefully, they'll have barrels left over for you.
View Quote
Yep, I saw the email from Proven about those and barely managed to resist.  I'll need to pick up a 12" Virtus handguard.  Maybe a transitional handguard and put it on one of my Legacies.  Damn.  I need one more Legacy upper, and I could have the trifecta of tranny handguards, all installed.  8", 10" (it had a visit from Dr Dremel), and a 12".
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 8:30:20 AM EDT
[#29]
Does anyone know where I may be able to pick up a 16” 5.56 Virtus barrel? I just inherited a Virtus 9” 300BLK pistol from a buddy who passed and don’t really have much use for the 300BLK and would like to snag a rifle 5.56 barrel.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 8:47:50 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 9:01:24 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By ProvenArmsOutfitters:

We have some of the MCX 5.56 Virtus 16" barrels still in stock. These we have DO NOT come with the bolt, that has to be purchased separately.

MCX 5.56 Virtus 16"

MCX Bolt

Save 10% off our Website Prices*
Use Coupon Code AR15COM
when checking out!
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/484674/Poven-Arms-Outfitters_Logo_RGB_AR15Avata-1416724.png

Proven Arms & Outfitters

Phone: 910.637.0500
Email: [email protected]
(*Excludes firearms, SIG Products and clearance/already discounted items and combos)
View Quote

Thanks, just ordered a bolt. Any idea where I can get a firing pin retaining pin for a Sig 716 Gen 2 Patrol rifle?
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 10:02:02 AM EDT
[#32]

We have some of the MCX 5.56 Virtus 16" barrels still in stock. These we have DO NOT come with the bolt, that has to be purchased separately.

MCX 5.56 Virtus 16"

MCX Bolt

Use Coupon Code AR15COM
when checking out!
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/484674/Poven-Arms-Outfitters_Logo_RGB_AR15Avata-1416724.png

Proven Arms & Outfitters

(*Excludes firearms, SIG Products and clearance/already discounted items and combos)
View Quote

Awesome, thank you. If my MCX is a newer model do I need the bolt? Any way to tell without the original box?
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 11:10:26 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By hiih8r:

Awesome, thank you. If my MCX is a newer model do I need the bolt? Any way to tell without the original box?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By hiih8r:

MCX 5.56 Virtus 16"

MCX Bolt

Use Coupon Code AR15COM
when checking out!

Proven Arms & Outfitters

You mentioned in your post that your MCX is a Virtus, all Virtus bolts are the same.

The only individuals that would "need" to purchase the bolt would be a Legacy MCX owner that is putting the Virtus barrel into their Legacy upper.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 3:48:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Zerlak:

You mentioned in your post that your MCX is a Virtus, all Virtus bolts are the same.

The only individuals that would "need" to purchase the bolt would be a Legacy MCX owner that is putting the Virtus barrel into their Legacy upper.
View Quote

Ok cool. I ended up just ordering a new bolt anyway. I figured for $79 it’s worth it for the spare parts if nothing else.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 1:22:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: nitmr26] [#35]
Proven Arms currently has 11.5" Virtus conversion barrels in stock.

MCX Virtus 11.5" Caliber Exchange

Edit:  Now out of stock.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:57:10 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By tbuck:
The Nomad fits my MI Rattler suppressor hand guard. real close but fits.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/765/MINOMAD_jpg-1304248.JPG
View Quote

How did this build turn out? Any heat issues?
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 12:40:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GLD1980] [#37]
Originally Posted By OTDR:

Thanks, just ordered a bolt. Any idea where I can get a firing pin retaining pin for a Sig 716 Gen 2 Patrol rifle?
View Quote

@OTDR
Use the Firing pin retaining pin from the 716I.
Attachment Attached File

716G2 Patrol BCG on left
716I BCG on right. Almost identical but many parts are cross compatible.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 1:57:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By GLD1980:

@OTDR
Use the Firing pin retaining pin from the 716I.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/196790/20220219_123331_jpg-2384804.JPG
716G2 Patrol BCG on left
716I BCG on right. Almost identical but many parts are cross compatible.
View Quote

Any idea who has them for sale online? I cant find any anywhere, even Optics Planet says discontinued by the factory.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 7:39:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Have you tried SIG CS? They may just send you a new one gratis......
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 7:29:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: OTDR] [#40]
So last Thursday I ordered a Sig MCX bolt from Proven Arms & Outfitters, (price seemed to be too good to be true lol) bolt shipped on Friday and arrived today, Monday.

I will be using this company again. Thanks!!!
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 7:31:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By GLD1980:
Have you tried SIG CS? They may just send you a new one gratis......
View Quote

Called today, OOS, no ETA either.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 11:17:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By OTDR:

Called today, OOS, no ETA either.
View Quote

I would order an Aero Precision M5 or similar DPMS AR-308 and/or Armalite AR-10 firing pin retaining pin and try both.... Pretty darn sure one will work. SIG may have proprietary shit but it's not as proprietary as they would like us all to think.... They always leave some backdoors lol and this may be one. Can someone measure a DPMS or AR-10 type firing pin retaining pin.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 12:21:36 PM EDT
[#43]
I just switched to the ANVL UKON/RMR combo from the Unity/T2.  

I forgot how low normal (tactical turtle necked) people shoot.

Getting back to the original intent of the Rattler vs what I had it setup as.  Super discreet message bag deployment vs dedicated night/subs/laser/MI long HG/etc setup.

Link Posted: 5/17/2022 12:58:41 PM EDT
[#44]
View Quote

I was up at SIG this past weekend...

Basically, they had only the .300blk 9" conversion kits in store and if I remember correctly they only had less than a handful.

I was looking at the 11.5" 5.56 conversion kit and they aren't taking any new/fulfilling new orders online and currently have a waitlist of "10" for this kit.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 1:00:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By doolz:

I was up at SIG this past weekend...

Basically, they had only the .300blk 9" conversion kits in store and if I remember correctly they only had less than a handful.

I was looking at the 11.5" 5.56 conversion kit and they aren't taking any new/fulfilling new orders online and currently have a waitlist of "10" for this kit.
View Quote

They say why so many things are OOS or if they are allocating to complete rifles?
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 1:20:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By doolz:
View Quote

10 what?  Months?
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 2:58:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Twitchy:
I just switched to the ANVL UKON/RMR combo from the Unity/T2.  

I forgot how low normal (tactical turtle necked) people shoot.

Getting back to the original intent of the Rattler vs what I had it setup as.  Super discreet message bag deployment vs dedicated night/subs/laser/MI long HG/etc setup.

https://scontent-mia3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/281656824_10160195370658035_8764295488968628675_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&ccb=1-6&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=Z7NYLKtUivUAX-hqANC&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=00_AT8ZwjGS7JLu-fp9VQjqJkcHQO59sWD1T7TZwUeWBzCHLQ&oe=62895062

View Quote

I'm thinking about going back that direction as well. I had a UKON at one point but seemed pretty low.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 7:27:26 PM EDT
[#48]

I'm thinking about going back that direction as well. I had a UKON at one point but seemed pretty low.
View Quote
It's going to take some getting used to.  I shoot the Rattler regularly (almost weekly) in my fun league.  Just acquiring the dot in practice is an exercise in neck scrunching and shoulder pressing.  Pretty much everything I have at this point has a heads up/high optic mount, except this now.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 9:10:13 PM EDT
[#49]
It's going to take some getting used to.  I shoot the Rattler regularly (almost weekly) in my fun league.  Just acquiring the dot in practice is an exercise in neck scrunching and shoulder pressing.  Pretty much everything I have at this point has a heads up/high optic mount, except this now.
View Quote

I shoot mine pretty regular as well. My shit is high as fuck and not so compact. Might try the UKON again, sandman K and one of my other folding stocks.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 9:25:18 PM EDT
[#50]
View Quote

I shoot mine pretty regular as well. My shit is high as fuck and not so compact. Might try the UKON again, sandman K and one of my other folding stocks.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/765/20210605_095942_jpg-2387639.JPG
View Quote

Why are you guys going back down in height? I was just getting started and pick up my first MCX tomorrow, a Rattler Canebrake. I have a Romeo4T that will be going on a Reptilia lower⅓ Dot Mount and plan to add a suppressor, NVG's and a IRLAD later. Seems you guys have been there done that and are now coming full circle in the evolution. So why back to a lower height optic?
Page / 69
Sig MCX Virtus (Page 51 of 69)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top