BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 6:10:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Trust me, I worked very hard to make it as light as possible.
View Quote
It's appreciated.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 12:15:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 12:36:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Pretty sweet!  Wish you made this about 4618362946 thumb burns ago though!

The back rail looks like a big ‘ol snag hazard to me.  Food for though, a cheap and light polymer “filler” with two holes in the top rail to secure is would fill the snag area and help with aesthetics.  For the guys with the hump, they can still use the rail without the spacer/filler.  Kind of like what you did with the x95 grip area.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 1:46:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 2:30:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Pretty sweet!  Wish you made this about 4618362946 thumb burns ago though!

The back rail looks like a big 'ol snag hazard to me.  Food for though, a cheap and light polymer "filler" with two holes in the top rail to secure is would fill the snag area and help with aesthetics.  For the guys with the hump, they can still use the rail without the spacer/filler.  Kind of like what you did with the x95 grip area.
View Quote
I was thinking the same thing. Just make it an additional product for folks that want it.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 3:18:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Very nifty looking. If I ever get a 2nd AUG I'll have to snap one up, I just like the Talon mount too much on my current AUG to change it.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 11:50:08 PM EDT
[#7]
This sort of reminds me of the system Midwest Industries made a little while ago but it’s modular and has the bottom MLOK slots. I’m gonna have to grab one. My only complaint is that I wish it had built in QD sockets like my Corvus rail, I will just run an offset QD socket on the top rail though so it’s not that big of a deal.

As always we appreciate Sven and the guys at Manticore making cool stuff for under appreciated platforms!
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 11:57:12 PM EDT
[#8]
*sigh* You are going to make me buy an AUG at some point *sigh*
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 12:05:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Kinda like a v2 of the older AUG A3 CQC.

Very neat, I like the design.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 1:10:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
With so many civilian AUG rifles lacking the "bump" on the stock since the earliest Sabre Defense AUG A3, to Vltor/FN AUG A3, to current AUG A3M1, is there a plan to do the pictured variant?
I understand having a rail design like the one shown in OP will accommodate all stocks, with or without the "bump".
I am just curious to know if there will be another version like the one shown below.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51900697553_7745fedc2f_o.jpg
View Quote

I completely agree, this version is much more aesthetic.

Ideally, that version paired with a Corvus style QD sling socket to keep slings out of the way of the charging handle.

That would make the rail unassailably superior to any current A3M1 rail on the market from both a functional and aesthetic standpoint.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 3:13:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I like this visually and think it’s much better looking than the OP, but won’t that just add unnecessary weight? I could see if it was needed to add side QD’s like the Corvus but otherwise it’s just better looking and additional weight without benefit, right?
View Quote

Like many people mentioned already, it is better looking than the long cantilever rear section as is.
I believe it will also add durability since it will be much harder to bend the rear section if dropped.
I'm sure many of us have seen ACOG or other optics mounted pretty far towards the rear.
I can see the rear section bending or breaking when dropped with an optic mounted that far back.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 10:09:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
My only complaint is that I wish it had built in QD sockets like my Corvus rail, I will just run an offset QD socket on the top rail though so it's not that big of a deal.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
My only complaint is that I wish it had built in QD sockets like my Corvus rail, I will just run an offset QD socket on the top rail though so it's not that big of a deal.
Quoted:
Ideally, that version paired with a Corvus style QD sling socket to keep slings out of the way of the charging handle.
Not a Manticore product, but here's a solution to that issue:  https://gearheadworks.com/product/aug-flex-swivel/

As always we appreciate Sven and the guys at Manticore making cool stuff for under appreciated platforms!
Agreed!  Sven makes cool stuff and it's good quality too.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 12:27:49 PM EDT
[#13]
I already have the flex swivel. I like something in the location the Corvus rail has it but Impact weapons components, Magpul and Griffin armament all have 45 degree offset rail mounted QD swivel sockets.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 1:11:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I already have the flex swivel. I like something in the location the Corvus rail has it but Impact weapons components, Magpul and Griffin armament all have 45 degree offset rail mounted QD swivel sockets.
View Quote
How about the Rat Worx 3-way rail mount QD? (90deg each side and top)

https://store.ratworxusa.com/products/accessories-990000002484-rw-3wy-sling-2545
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 9:39:23 PM EDT
[#15]

Got it installed, good job.  Gives a place for a light and enough room to mount a clip-on NOD. The rifle will need a can with the clip-on, the objective lens is right over the muzzle.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 10:18:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 10:54:43 PM EDT
[#17]
@Norinco982lover

I just got it installed. I didn't notice much change after I put it on. I haven't had the AUG long enough to put a lot of rounds though it to get accustomed to how it handles, so this will probably be what I become familiar with.

I am still new to bullpups in general, so it still feels balanced (though heavier) to me even with a NVD compared to a 16" AR similarly equipped.

Link Posted: 3/1/2022 12:55:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
This makes me SIGNIFICANTLY more interested in buying an AUG.
View Quote

Ya I kinda want one even more now...
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 2:02:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

It's only for the A3 M1 receiver, it's not compatible with USR/A2
View Quote

That's a bummer.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 5:57:06 PM EDT
[#20]
@Manticore_Arms

Are we likely to see something like that forend that will work for those of us using the Steyr OEM optics?
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 6:17:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 6:22:18 PM EDT
[#22]
I like this Sven.  I am going to pick one up.  Thank you for doing what you do.
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 1:01:34 AM EDT
[#23]
I like it a lot.

Link Posted: 3/3/2022 4:53:40 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I like it a lot.

https://i.imgur.com/GXJ49Gp.jpeg
View Quote

Very cool setup.
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 9:10:18 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 2:36:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Hey Sven, is there a possible timeframe for the Talon/ Cantilever hybrid, if you guys are going to undertake that? I imagine it is far too early to say, but I'd like to get some stuff squared away on my AUG in advance.
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 5:59:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Hey Sven, is there a possible timeframe for the Talon/ Cantilever hybrid, if you guys are going to undertake that? I imagine it is far too early to say, but I'd like to get some stuff squared away on my AUG in advance.
View Quote

Yours will be ready right after mine is.
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 6:12:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 7:40:29 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I like it a lot.

View Quote
I don't think I've ever seen an Elcan mounted that far back. Looks...painful. Isn't the eye relief a little less than 3"?
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 8:11:07 AM EDT
[#30]
Great, now I need an AUG
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 6:01:48 AM EDT
[#31]
Well I broke down and ordered one... I'll post pics when I get it and set it up. I feel like it is what the Midwest rail system should have been but theirs was made for a specific LE customer.

Thanks again for making cool stuff Sven!
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 9:19:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

For now we are just doing this one length of forend as 16" barrels are most common, and it will work with longer barrels.

If it turns out to be a runaway hit, longer forends are theoretically possible.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nice. I just splurged on a handful of AR parts, so I'll definitely keep this in mind. Is there any chance of a longer handguard? I have an 18" barrel on my AUG, and would definitely like a bit more space to work with.

For now we are just doing this one length of forend as 16" barrels are most common, and it will work with longer barrels.

If it turns out to be a runaway hit, longer forends are theoretically possible.

The more I think about it, the more I think a 20" version of the Cantilever forend would be really awesome.

That would allow for ~+4" of handguard, allowing for a real C clamp / AR grip while keeping the hand clear of the gas port. It would also give the AUG a AR15 length sight radius.

Theres an airsoft version that shows what a 20" might look like.

What would the minimum order # / group buy to do a 20" version?
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 9:53:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

The more I think about it, the more I think a 20" version of the Cantilever forend would be really awesome.

That would allow for ~+4" of handguard, allowing for a real C clamp / AR grip while keeping the hand clear of the gas port. It would also give the AUG a AR15 length sight radius.

Theres an airsoft version that shows what a 20" might look like.

https://www.popularairsoft.com/sites/default/files/inline-images/laylx_nitrovo_mlok_handguard_javelin_shadow.jpg

What would the minimum order # / group buy to do a 20" version?
View Quote

I could probably go with one set up for a 20" barrel version if the internal diameter is sufficiently wide enough to fit the rear end of my Nomad into it with my 18" barrel.

Link Posted: 3/14/2022 6:51:33 AM EDT
[#34]
That handguard would probably get hot fast.

I have a carbon fiber over-the-can handguard on a traditional gun that doesn't really get hot at all.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 10:12:42 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I have a carbon fiber over-the-can handguard on a traditional gun that doesn't really get hot at all.
View Quote

I'd love to have a CF handguard, use them for all of my free floated AR builds, but I highly doubt that'd be a financially smart decision for anyone involved.
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 1:08:31 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I'd love to have a CF handguard, use them for all of my free floated AR builds, but I highly doubt that'd be a financially smart decision for anyone involved.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably true, unfortunately.
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 1:39:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 5:01:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Hey Sven, is there a chance the Talon mounts can use a larger objective scope like a PA 2.5-10x or is it just LPVOs?

I'd love to get a Talon mount capable of mounting one of those with the cantilever handguard.
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 10:08:26 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Hey Sven, is there a chance the Talon mounts can use a larger objective scope like a PA 2.5-10x or is it just LPVOs?

I'd love to get a Talon mount capable of mounting one of those with the cantilever handguard.
View Quote

I’d be a buyer if there was a run of normal 34mm talon mounts. It opens the door to a whole new set of optics choices.
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 12:35:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I like it a lot.

View Quote

That looks sweet. Now all Manticore needs to do is make a 30mm Talon scope mount that attaches to their top picatinny rail.
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 12:38:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Looks awesome Sven, congrats! Looks like it could fits the MSAR as well.
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 7:49:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

That looks sweet. Now all Manticore needs to do is make a 30mm Talon scope mount that attaches to their top picatinny rail.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I like it a lot.

Imagine a Talon mount that also included a forward handguard. Truly free-floating the barrel. That would be pretty neat.
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 6:55:58 PM EDT
[#43]
I'd be in the market for a sturdy rail lengthy enough to mount an LMT M-203 and survive recoil, but maybe the market is too small.

A copy of the barrel mounted M-203 adapter that mates to the barrel's foreword grip channel and is reinforced with a muzzle bracket like the Austrian and Irish armies adopted would have my interest.
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 8:12:01 PM EDT
[#44]
I also have a (standard USGI mount) M203 but I think any of the options for mounting any M203 to an AUG are rather inferior, hence the development of the F90 and its 40mm launcher.

But if they did produce one I'd probably buy it
since I don't have an F90 and I can't get FN's launcher for my F2000.
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 8:25:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 8:44:23 PM EDT
[#46]
I really like the rail system but would it be possible to make a handguard for it that shrouds the gas cylinder? It would be really nice to have something there to protect you from getting burned if you forget ot to wrap your hand around it like an AR. I know training will fix or at least mitigate this but wanted to ask.
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 9:55:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I looked at doing a combined Cantilever forend and Talon mount, and it looked...awful.

Also there just isn't much to brace against for mounting an M203 (not to mention there is very little room at the front of the gun to do so!)

As neat as both ideas sound, I am afraid I do not see us pursuing either of those as production parts, sorry!

I do, however, very much appreciate the enthusiasm for such ideas, and am always willing to listen.  

Sven
Manticore Arms

View Quote

Alrighty, Sven. Thanks for considering it
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 2:33:03 AM EDT
[#48]
Is there any provision for buying a replacement MLOK rail portion?  I hacked mine up to work with a 2020 lower rail and it would be nice to have a factory replacement.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 2:36:46 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Also there just isn't much to brace against for mounting an M203 (not to mention there is very little room at the front of the gun to do so!

As neat as both ideas sound, I am afraid I do not see us pursuing either of those as production parts, sorry!
View Quote
I have read and understand you've just said no to the idea, but you might at least be interested in seeing the official mounting solution:

https://i.redd.it/zhuw56y7irg41.jpg

It uses a hood that shrouds the barrel and is located on the back of the barrel where the fore grip mounts and then up front on a 20" barrel with a cantilevered support located at the muzzle.  It's not as ungainly as it appears and certainly has lots more support than a receiver mount M203 mounts on an M16  which is ironically a more robust mounting option than a rail mounted M203 on an M4A1.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 3:45:53 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
It's not as ungainly as it appears…
View Quote
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top