Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2017 1:59:54 PM EDT
So i saw the thread on buying an rdb vs AUG and i saw a lot of hate for the keltec. I currently have an rdb and been pretty good and exceptional suppressed. I dont think its a tack driver but more than capable for social work.  Shooting it suppressed does not ring my ears like every other semi auto does. This might be due to the position of the ejection port.

I have shot 300 blackout and it is indeed stupid quiet but lacks power and range in my opinion.

So my question        Is there a semiauto suppressed rifle out there that shoots full power rifle cartridges quieter than the RDB? How loud is the AUG or the Tavor by comparison?
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:59:01 PM EDT
[#1]
The mdr in .556 should be out this fall but it's going to be like 10 lbs. Really a shame
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 1:07:06 AM EDT
[#2]
But it is more than twice what i paid for my keltec and heavier to boot. Would like to have one though but cost will prevent me from getting one
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 3:15:13 PM EDT
[#3]
The Tavor is just as loud as my 12" AR 5.56 and a gassy mess. The AUG has  a  very loud piston pop, not suppressor friendly at all...and it cycles harshly. The RDB is by far a  better suppressed performer by any relatable metric . Its almost as if the RDB was designed to be first and foremost a suppressed weapon. If it had a16"  barrel with a medium profile instead of the 18" pencil barrel , it would be  near perfect.
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 11:44:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Looking forward to trying a can on my RDB.  I've run an aug suppressed as well as a tavor sar and was disappointed... though you can turn off the aug gas completely... would be nice if aftermarket gas regulators were available for the aug to optimize performance.

IWI clearly put little to no effort into making sure their guns were supressor friendly.  The ace in particular is a good example.
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 5:55:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I was watching a dad and his son shooting the RDB next to me when I was shooting my Tavor SAR. They were constantly having problems. They had to take the gun apart a few times and I even saw them sticking a cleaning rod down the brass case chute to remove a stuck casing. I asked him what the problem was,said they were trying steel case ammo. I told them my Tavor eats anything I feed it.
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 11:28:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was watching a dad and his son shooting the RDB next to me when I was shooting my Tavor SAR. They were constantly having problems. They had to take the gun apart a few times and I even saw them sticking a cleaning rod down the brass case chute to remove a stuck casing. I asked him what the problem was,said they were trying steel case ammo. I told them my Tavor eats anything I feed it.
View Quote
I'll bet they didn't have the gas adjusted correctly.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 8:33:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
I haven't had a single stuck case in over 3.5k rounds...suppressed or not. Then again I don't shoot steel case ammo in any 5.56 gun.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 1:30:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I'll bet they didn't have the gas adjusted correctly.
View Quote
Yep, even the mighty FAL needs to be tuned to run steel case.  I honestly wish the tavor gave you gas options (even a 2 position regulator), I might still own it if that were the case.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 1:35:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yep, even the mighty FAL needs to be tuned to run steel case.  I honestly wish the tavor gave you gas options (even a 2 position regulator), I might still own it if that were the case.
View Quote
The Tavor would be greatly improved with adjustable gas. 4 settings would probably make it great.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 8:13:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
All I run is steel. I don't remember if I'm not the 3rd or 4th case. So far no issues.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 11:12:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

All I run is steel. I don't remember if I'm not the 3rd or 4th case. So far no issues.
View Quote
The most prevalent problems that manifest on the RDB are caused by failure to properly adjust gas.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top