Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2017 12:09:32 PM EDT
Anyone hear of any deals on Tavor accessories?  

I've been wanting a MI handguard for a while... hopefully they will go on clearance.  I'll go post in their forum, too.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 12:29:29 PM EDT
[#1]
IWI still plans on supporting the rifle a while. I doubt too much stuff will be on clearance. At least not now.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 12:39:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I do my Tavor reading here, most often:

Tavor on Bullpup Forum
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 6:16:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Anyone hear of any deals on Tavor accessories?  

I've been wanting a MI handguard for a while... hopefully they will go on clearance.  I'll go post in their forum, too.
View Quote

Which mi handguard are you looking at? Xl keymod?
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 8:03:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Which mi handguard are you looking at? Xl keymod?
View Quote
No, I'm going M-lok.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 8:05:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Why is the Tavor on the way out?  I want one still, unless there is another bullpup that is better.  Maybe I should go AUG instead, I don't imagine Steyr is gonna drop it.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 8:08:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Why is the Tavor on the way out?  I want one still, unless there is another bullpup that is better.  Maybe I should go AUG instead, I don't imagine Steyr is gonna drop it.
View Quote
IMI is phasing out the original Tavor, and focusing on the X95 as well as future models.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 8:47:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Manticore arms is running a bunch of sales.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 9:18:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Manticore arms is running a bunch of sales.
View Quote
Where? I'm not seeing it on the website or industry forum.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 12:32:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Where? I'm not seeing it on the website or industry forum.
View Quote
what is facebook 
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 1:54:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
Unless Steyr comes up with another design... They seem more keen on upgrading the current design if they change anything. Which is fine by me, love the AUG.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 3:19:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 8:19:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Technically, the proper phrasing would be that the SAR is on the way out (even though as others pointed out, it will still be supported just no new ones made). The X95 is still a "Tavor". Much in the same way that the M16 and M4 are both different generations of the AR15, but have separate model designations.

Many people within the community wondered why IWI even bothered with the SAR, since the X95 had already been developed and proven before they ventured into the US market. This would be the equivalent of Colt or Armalite starting up in some other country by offering them carry handles and non-improved feed ramps, or Glock selling Gen1 pistols - with the full intention of offering the already developed upgraded models only a few years later. Sure, some nostalgic people would love them, but for the most part, they have already been superseded.
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 10:25:39 PM EDT
[#13]
I have a question about this, I own an original Tavor. I'm right handed, but left eye dominate, so I shoot a long gun left handed. I bought a 9mm kit a few years ago because I have a lot of 5.56 guns but not a PCC. My question is, can I just send in the 5.56 conversion and get a left handed bolt?They quit selling the bolts right after I bought the gun.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 5:32:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I have a question about this, I own an original Tavor. I'm right handed, but left eye dominate, so I shoot a long gun left handed. I bought a 9mm kit a few years ago because I have a lot of 5.56 guns but not a PCC. My question is, can I just send in the 5.56 conversion and get a left handed bolt?They quit selling the bolts right after I bought the gun.
View Quote
That question would be better directed straight to IWI, rather than randoms on a forum. Just sayin'.

Another option might be to find a bolt being sold somewhere else. I'm sure that someone, somewhere ended up with a lefty gun and had to buy a righty bolt. They're probably looking for someone just like you to take that bolt off their hands.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 9:52:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Technically, the proper phrasing would be that the SAR is on the way out (even though as others pointed out, it will still be supported just no new ones made). The X95 is still a "Tavor". Much in the same way that the M16 and M4 are both different generations of the AR15, but have separate model designations.

Many people within the community wondered why IWI even bothered with the SAR, since the X95 had already been developed and proven before they ventured into the US market. This would be the equivalent of Colt or Armalite starting up in some other country by offering them carry handles and non-improved feed ramps, or Glock selling Gen1 pistols - with the full intention of offering the already developed upgraded models only a few years later. Sure, some nostalgic people would love them, but for the most part, they have already been superseded.
View Quote
What is so great about the x95?  If they had left the butt pad and the barrel length alone, and sold it in "micro" form as a NFA item, I would be interested.  The US version isn't much more "micro" than the SAR.

Really though... what makes the X95 better?
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 10:05:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

We currently have a 50% off sale on our Tavor SAR Full Length Overwatch Rails.

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote
Good to know.  Are them M-lok?  I'll see if I can find them.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 10:16:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Good to know.  Are them M-lok?  I'll see if I can find them.
View Quote
Oh, I see.  It's the top rail.  How much more does that weigh vs. the factory rail?  I may just have to grab one.  Does is work with Midwest Industries handguards?  
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 10:18:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Can anyone tell me what Midwest Industries handguards work with a 16" Tavor SAR?  I thought I read a few years ago that the longest one is for 18" barrels only.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 9:23:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Prepper gun shop has got great close out deals for the SAR products
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 8:16:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Prepper gun shop has got great close out deals for the SAR products
View Quote
Where?  Their site shows everything at full price.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 4:04:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Can anyone tell me what Midwest Industries handguards work with a 16" Tavor SAR?  I thought I read a few years ago that the longest one is for 18" barrels only.
View Quote
@aklferris Longest one as in the XL?

If thats the case, the XL works fine.

I have a 16" barrel and the XL handguard.

Fits just fine, with and without a suppressor.

When i first got the XL:

With my suppresor:

With jus the AAC 51T:
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 4:24:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

@aklferris Longest one as in the XL?

If thats the case, the XL works fine.

I have a 16" barrel and the XL handguard.

Fits just fine, with and without a suppressor.

When i first got the XL:
https://i.imgur.com/bRJVezI.jpg

With my suppresor:
https://i.imgur.com/uakoege.jpg

With jus the AAC 51T:
https://i.imgur.com/iyQUf2V.jpg
View Quote
Cool.  Thank you!
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 6:50:12 PM EDT
[#23]
I used the Manticore stuff, but I had to trim off the front inch-or-so on a power miterbox (after these pix were shot) so I could access my 7-62SDN6 latch:

I don't believe the slots are actually true M-Lock spec.  My M-Lock stuff doesn't fit the gaps.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 10:58:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I used the Manticore stuff, but I had to trim off the front inch-or-so on a power miterbox (after these pix were shot) so I could access my 7-62SDN6 latch:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/182161/003-119390.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/182161/001-119389.jpg

I don't believe the slots are actually true M-Lock spec.  My M-Lock stuff doesn't fit the gaps.
View Quote
Ew... that sucks
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 7:04:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
What is so great about the x95?  If they had left the butt pad and the barrel length alone, and sold it in "micro" form as a NFA item, I would be interested.  The US version isn't much more "micro" than the SAR.

Really though... what makes the X95 better?
View Quote
You might as well be asking what makes the M4 better than the M16. What makes a Gen 4 Glock better than previous Generations? It's all minor tweaks that make the previous version unnecessary to manufacture, but not enough to make the older version obsolete.

X95 has an improved sear mechanism (which can be put in the SAR), an AR style mag release button for more familiar operation (I actually like the SAR paddle release. However, in this market that is saturated with and revolves around the AR platform the newer AR style release on the X95 just makes more sense), the ability to change out the grip and guard, a charging handle positioned rearward from the SAR for more "economy of movement", and the center of gravity is further to the rear than the SAR.

Maybe minor improvements, but improvements nonetheless.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 10:11:34 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
You might as well be asking what makes the M4 better than the M16. What makes a Gen 4 Glock better than previous Generations? It's all minor tweaks that make the previous version unnecessary to manufacture, but not enough to make the older version obsolete.

X95 has an improved sear mechanism (which can be put in the SAR), an AR style mag release button for more familiar operation (I actually like the SAR paddle release. However, in this market that is saturated with and revolves around the AR platform the newer AR style release on the X95 just makes more sense), the ability to change out the grip and guard, a charging handle positioned rearward from the SAR for more "economy of movement", and the center of gravity is further to the rear than the SAR.

Maybe minor improvements, but improvements nonetheless.
View Quote
Good to know... thank you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top