Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2017 2:36:01 PM EDT
How to you put your aug cleaning kit cover on? I talked to one of my Austrian friends today , showing him my STG77. He said I had my cleaning kit cover on backwards. ( flap on the outside) he said the flap goes on the inside to keep the kit from rattling. I asked how do you get it out with the flap on the inside. He put it in and pushed on the bottom and the top section popped right out. anyways thought it was interesting.
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 2:52:31 PM EDT
[#1]
How does he account for the side to side rattle?
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 3:15:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How does he account for the side to side rattle?
View Quote
he put the patch puller in between the brushes. You couldn't hear it at all. One thing about it made a big difference. The back plate popped on very easily with no resistance from the cover.
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 6:09:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
How to you put your aug cleaning kit cover on? I talked to one of my Austrian friends today , showing him my STG77. He said I had my cleaning kit cover on backwards. ( flap on the outside) he said the flap goes on the inside to keep the kit from rattling. I asked how do you get it out with the flap on the inside. He put it in and pushed on the bottom and the top section popped right out. anyways thought it was interesting.
View Quote

And here I am. Been doing it wrong for years. :D
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 7:54:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Flap inside works for me.

Speaking of patch pullers does anyone know if Steyr or PJA sells them individually? That's the only thing missing from my kit
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 8:48:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Flap inside works for me.

Speaking of patch pullers does anyone know if Steyr or PJA sells them individually? That's the only thing missing from my kit
View Quote
The patch puller from a AK74 kit works with the OEM pull thru with one modification, since both are female you need to purchase a metric grub screw to connect them up. I forget the exact size.

I can take pics if anyone is interested.

AJ
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 9:47:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The patch puller from a AK74 kit works with the OEM pull thru with one modification, since both are female you need to purchase a metric grub screw to connect them up. I forget the exact size.

I can take pics if anyone is interested.

AJ
View Quote
Consider me interested!
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 10:57:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Here are some pics of the modified AUG cleaning kit to use a AK74 patch holder with the AUG pull thru.

The AK74 patch holder fits alongside the oil bottle in the cleaning kit cavity.

Since the AK74 patch holder and the AUG pull thru are both female, it required that one of these gets an adaptor. The patch holder would be too long if you tried to use that side. I think the screw I used was a 3mm fine, but that's going off memory from something I did a couple years ago. I used thread locker to make sure the screw doesn't lose up from the pull thru.

The whole mess assembled.

AJ
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 12:05:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Here are some pics of the modified AUG cleaning kit to use a AK74 patch holder with the AUG pull thru.

The AK74 patch holder fits alongside the oil bottle in the cleaning kit cavity.
http://i.imgur.com/ZORXuBI.jpg?1

Since the AK74 patch holder and the AUG pull thru are both female, it required that one of these gets an adaptor. The patch holder would be too long if you tried to use that side. I think the screw I used was a 3mm fine, but that's going off memory from something I did a couple years ago. I used thread locker to make sure the screw doesn't lose up from the pull thru.
http://i.imgur.com/LlGgLJJ.jpg?1

The whole mess assembled.
http://i.imgur.com/IYG9Mh1.jpg?1

AJ
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 1:11:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Wish mine came with a cleaning kit. The user manual talks about a cleaning kit, but I did not see one.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 2:57:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Wish mine came with a cleaning kit. The user manual talks about a cleaning kit, but I did not see one.
View Quote
$20 something on gunbroker
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top