Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2017 11:48:32 PM EDT
Does anyone know how many desert tan AUGs were made?

I wanted a standard stock for my A3 NATO and just found a used desert tan stock (no grip) for a decent price. Since I haven't seen many of this color before I was just wondering how common the desert tan is.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 12:25:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Not a lot, but not a few.

If you want a new "mud" (FDE) A3 stock and forward grip, let me know. I'll trade you the stock and grip for your stock.
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 10:53:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not a lot, but not a few.

If you want a new "mud" (FDE) A3 stock and forward grip, let me know. I'll trade you the stock and grip for your stock.
View Quote
Appreciate the offer, but I kind of like the color.  Its not what I would think of as "desert tan" - more a yellowish/ivory than I anticipated - but I do like the lighter color (I love the white stocks too).
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 3:05:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I really like the color too. Would put a picture, but photobucketocrap has my pictures hostage.

The best way to get the grime off the stock is a Mr. Clean magic eraser ™ . Works well for the desert tan and white stocks.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 8:05:13 PM EDT
[#4]
OP, that stock is beautiful. Now I want that one AND a Snow White one!
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 1:03:36 AM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 7/27/2017 11:17:27 AM EDT
[#6]
That new "retro" style optic on the white AUG looks great. I was debating on getting that or Pete's new long rail and went with the long rail, I'm a little torn on which one I like better :)
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 3:51:34 PM EDT
[#7]
I knew this was coming; I just didn't know when.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 6:00:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

That new "retro" style optic on the white AUG looks great. I was debating on getting that or Pete's new long rail and went with the long rail, I'm a little torn on which one I like better :)
View Quote
Yup.

I can understand that some people might want all the rail space all over the scope on the A3, but it doesn't look anywhere as nice as the old style to me.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 11:03:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Yup.

I can understand that some people might want all the rail space all over the scope on the A3, but it doesn't look anywhere as nice as the old style to me.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.

I agree. Looking good.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 10:24:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Is that an Stg77 with a barrel and stock swap, or is the retro optic housing available separately now?
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 8:32:39 AM EDT
[#11]
I like the color but think the mud color is more appealing. Great tip about the magic eraser.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top