Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/6/2020 8:26:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Is your reticle the donut with crosshair?

Mine is the 1.5” fixed donut, haven’t shot it much, or beyond 100 due to range limitations, but your posts make me very curious about getting out there a bit more using various points on the donut, hold under or -over with the top or bottom of the ring, etc.
Link Posted: 1/16/2020 4:35:58 PM EDT
[#2]
1/13/2020 update:  Fired 36 rounds.  No failures of any kind.

Ran some drills comparing the AUG to some AR platforms in run and gun.  Not superscientific, but was curious how the same course of fire would go.  So run to first barrel & engage all three targets, run to 2nd barrel & engage all 3, etc..  Just ran it with the 3X optics for this one.

Accuracy and hit rate was about the same, but I was a little quicker with the AUG.

I then went to the gong range to engage targets, but they started at over 300 yards at my bay, for 2 MOA targets.  With .223 and just 3X glass, I wasn't really able to tell if I was hitting or not.  Same with the AR.   (with Creedmoor - you can tell!).  So don't really have much data there, I'll try to return with a friend on dedicated glass, and see just how far I can take this out.

Also, the shell deflector seemed to work fine, so that was good.  To answer the above question, I elected to go with the integrated 3X optics.  Which has a donut and cross-hair, allowing fast targeting as well as a good bit more precise targeting as well.  I like it.

Total round count: 5,905
Link Posted: 1/16/2020 9:11:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I chose 3X because you did and I'm really glad I did.

Could you be quicker running a course with the AUG because you practice with the AUG?

I have no organized/competitive time with anything but I would think I'd be better with the AUG because it's the only rifle I shoot, besides a shotgun. But if you had to retrain military experience I think it could be done but I could be talking out my ass, too.
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 10:25:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
1/13/2020 update:  Fired 36 rounds.  No failures of any kind.
https://i.postimg.cc/KvDXkZXP/20200112-140842-1.jpg

Ran some drills comparing the AUG to some AR platforms in run and gun.  Not superscientific, but was curious how the same course of fire would go.  So run to first barrel & engage all three targets, run to 2nd barrel & engage all 3, etc..  Just ran it with the 3X optics for this one.

Accuracy and hit rate was about the same, but I was a little quicker with the AUG.

I then went to the gong range to engage targets, but they started at over 300 yards at my bay, for 2 MOA targets.  With .223 and just 3X glass, I wasn't really able to tell if I was hitting or not.  Same with the AR.   (with Creedmoor - you can tell!).  So don't really have much data there, I'll try to return with a friend on dedicated glass, and see just how far I can take this out.

Also, the shell deflector seemed to work fine, so that was good.  To answer the above question, I elected to go with the integrated 3X optics.  Which has a donut and cross-hair, allowing fast targeting as well as a good bit more precise targeting as well.  I like it.

Total round count: 5,905
View Quote
My nephew (101st ABN) runs M-4s constantly.  He is STUPID fast with the AUG. I mean: .  After one afternoon, he was an AUG convert.
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 7:20:01 PM EDT
[#5]
3/14/2020 update; Fired 60 rounds with no failures.

Accuracy testing today.  

200 yards, and fired 3 types of ammo:

misc 55 FMJ reloads, 62 gr Fusion loads, and 62 gr MK318 loads (Vampire slayers!)

While reliability was good, accuracy was mediocre.  The trigger didn't help.
55 FMJ loads: clocked at 2921 +/- 37 FPS, with 8 shots fired giving resuls shown here.

The 62 gr nickle plated solid copper (MK318 Mod 1 reloads) lot:223-556 - 2907 +/- 17 FPS.  4 of the 5 shots actually grouped quite well, but it then opened up with one of them. Could have been the trigger, and will return and fire some more of this to check.  Also looks like sights should click down some when shooting 62s

62 gr BearClaws (XM556FBIT3 reloads) - 2925 +/- 20 fps.  Decent accuracy of 2 MOA in one group, which is about as good as this AUG typically does.

a second group later opened it up to 3 MOA.

Did enjoy shooting it today all the same - neat gun.  Fired off-hand at a small steel gong at 200 yards as well, with a good hit rate.
Total Round Count: 5965
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 1:34:41 PM EDT
[#6]
905-series A1 owner here. Thank you for this thread.

What ballistic app is that that you’re using?
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 2:10:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Rangebuddy
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 4:04:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Bump.

Any more testing for accuracy loads?
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top