Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/30/2016 10:19:58 PM EDT
What else can be done to get it close to the set up the Israeli Army uses?

Link Posted: 6/30/2016 10:43:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Throw your optic down a gravel road
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 11:04:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Throw your optic down a gravel road
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/30/2016 11:16:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Pretty much the same as we got. Just no fun switch.
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 9:54:32 AM EDT
[#4]
The IDF model Tavors are very close, the differences are in the barrel length (IDF ones are 15" or 18", you can get 16" or 18" here) and sling swivels (QD sockets in the US guns, molded plastic loops in the IDF guns).  

The X95s have a longer handguard, not sure if you can make it more like the IDF's or not?
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 1:08:30 PM EDT
[#5]
My X95 is still on order, so this is just book learnin' - but the manual shows the railed handguard slides right off.  I'm wondering if anyone will offer a short round one with a stepped rail more like the IDF uses, and if cutting and pinning the barrel is an option. Not that I would do it to mine, but I'm curious.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 7:20:00 PM EDT
[#6]
In the thread about x95 grips the have a pic of both of my tavors. A idf model (aka the one with no rail and a built in m21) one and the x95. I'd post it again but I'm on my phone and suck at doing any complex forum stuff on it. It's pretty close you get the correct buis and it has the propriety rear attachment for magnifiers and such. I wish they did those with 18" barrels as that's an actually adopted length plus bayonet lug even though I own no ar style bayonets .

For the x95. The pistol grip panels are wrong. You can change them I did. Besides that barrel is too long buttpad is wrong handguard/rail is wrong. With no replacements at the moment so if you want a clone SAR IDF model is your best bet.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 10:33:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Its can't be exactly even if you cut and pin the barrel. Remember theres a oal to deal with.
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 12:53:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Its can't be exactly even if you cut and pin the barrel. Remember theres a oal to deal with.
View Quote

If sbred the idf model could but that would be a lot of money for meh in my book.
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 12:54:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

If sbred the idf model could but that would be a lot of money for meh in my book.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree.  You'd spend $200 for a tax stamp and then more money to cut 1.5 inches off your barrel length for no performance gain.

There are SOOOOO many Tavor owners in this country that have much better rifles than the IDF (minus the fun switch of course).  We have tons of amazing aftermarket items that we can add to our rifles that the IDF soldiers(?) don't use on their weapons.

Link Posted: 7/10/2016 1:29:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I agree.  You'd spend $200 for a tax stamp and then more money to cut 1.5 inches off your barrel length for no performance gain.

There are SOOOOO many Tavor owners in this country that have much better rifles than the IDF (minus the fun switch of course).  We have tons of amazing aftermarket items that we can add to our rifles that the IDF soldiers(?) don't use on their weapons.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j313/Border_Dave/IMG_4280_zpswt5envsw.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j313/Border_Dave/IMG_4280_zpswt5envsw.jpg

This man speaks the truth. Especially the trigger pack and lightning bow. Hell I event have a shooting sight pack in my idf one. My x95 is whatever functional mod I feel appropriate. Lightning bow, 2a armament muzzle device, and shooting sight pack. Maybe a curved buttplate when manticore comes out with it.
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 1:36:09 PM EDT
[#11]
It would be nice if Manticore would release the buttplate that they have  had on their web site for weeks now.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 1:37:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
It would be nice if Manticore would release the buttplate that they have  had on their web site for weeks now.
View Quote

I was told late Aug or early Sept when I asked in an email.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 9:46:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Here in Canada, we can have the real thing. Below is my CTAR-21. Not a cut down barrel. Actual CTAR-21 made in Israel.

Link Posted: 7/16/2016 12:46:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

They have very limited production capacity
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top