BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 74
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 9:02:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Are you saying the AUG is more or less popular than the Tavor/X95 based on this observation?
View Quote
Not at all, I am saying that consumers have all but stopped buying Steyr AUG's, and IWI Tavors and X95's continue to sell in a very slow firearm market.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 10:38:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
In the last 30 days there has not been one single Steyr AUG sold on Gunbroker.  

I did not count how many Tavors/X95's have been sold in the last 30 days on Gunbroker but the number is over 100.
View Quote
That's a sobering statistic.

Hopefully the .300 BLK barrel will breathe some life into sales.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 10:49:31 AM EDT
[#3]
I need to pick up an Aug at some point..

On another note you note that a products launch has gone severely off track when the last 10-15 posts here have been about other companies products entirely and that discussion has generated more replies in 24 hours than the thread usually generates in a week.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 11:14:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Not at all, I am saying that consumers have all but stopped buying Steyr AUG's, and IWI Tavors and X95's continue to sell in a very slow firearm market.
View Quote
or maybe non-dealers are holding on to their AUGs because they like them so much
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 11:29:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
or maybe non-dealers are holding on to their AUGs because they like them so much
View Quote
Good point, the second hand AUG market is and has always been nearly non-existent. Good guns typically don't get sold unless someone needs cash.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 1:09:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 2:41:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's more than a little truth to this probably.  If one bases their car purchasing decision based on second-hand sales volume, the Subaru is clearly a POS.  Where the reality is the Subaru used market is pretty much non-existent, because people don't ever sell their Subaru's (great little cars), and they run forever, so the frequency of sale isn't very high.  It's a lower-volume sales vehicle.  Though of all brands, Subaru has the highest long-term return customer rate.  

From that data, I see similarity in the AUG's.  AUG's are a lower volume iconic investment; that happens to also be a highly functional rifle.  Interestingly the cost of AUG is pretty close to the cost of a TAVOR, but it's just a market-perception that the AUG is double the value.  Whim-purchasers don't buy an AUG.  The TAVOR is a gun that people find easy to let go, and try something else.  An AUG is a life-time purchase.  Of the people I know who own AUG's, none are the type who do flavor-of-the-month gun purchases (you know the type, who constantly flip to finance the next one), and none would even consider selling their AUG.  So Gunbroker data has some value, and not seeing a single complete sale in a month may be notable, don't read into that quite the same as saying no-one buys an AUG or that you won't be able to sell one if you decide to let it go.

Sorry to be off topic - sometimes it's good to talk about guns that actually exist though
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 3:13:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 7:02:24 PM EDT
[#9]
So... In a firearm saturated market.

The Aug wins in being a solid adopted weapon.  Fails in marketing. = poor sales.

The Tavor(both) wins in marketing, and wins in being fielded and currently seen on TV. = sells well (for a bullpup)

The MDR fails in marketing, and fails at being the current issue rifle seen on tv or used by any military. = ??? what.

All fail when brought up against the sales of Ar's.

I like the "idea" of the MDR.  but even if it comes out its dead unless they get some kind of military contract. Anyone who will pay over $700.00 for something other than an AR. will go with a Tavor. You get into the $2500 range people will get a SCAR 17.

I hope it becomes more than a future Forgotten Weapons episode cause at one time I really had high hopes for it( in 2015). But I got sick of waiting and false promises. I however am on the the list for  the 40th anniversary AUG.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 7:07:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The Aug wins in being a solid adopted weapon.  Fails in marketing. = poor sales.

The Tavor(both) wins in marketing, and wins in being fielded and currently seen on TV. = sells well (for a bullpup)

The MDR fails in marketing, and fails at being the current issue rifle seen on tv or used by any military. = ??? what.

I like the "idea" of the MDR.  but even if it comes out its dead unless they get some kind of military contract. Anyone who will pay over $700.00 for something other than an AR. will go with a Tavor. You get into the $2500 range people will get a SCAR 17.

I hope it becomes more than a future Forgotten Weapons episode cause at one time I really had high hopes for it( in 2015). But I got sick of waiting and false promises. I however am on the the list for  the 40th anniversary AUG.
View Quote
They worked some kind of deal to get the MDR featured as an amazingly good unique weapon in The Division to get some visibility to the shooter gamer crossover market.

Although UbiSoft has mangled The Division so badly I'm not sure that's done anything positive for marketing.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 8:15:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
I just don't believe it.  I am seeing AUGs EVERYWHERE for the first time in my life.

...........and I love it!

Remember, guys, the AUG has been under the hammer for DECADES. First, people shied away from something so new and weird looking.  Then just as it was taking off....import issues such as the stupid Bush import EO ( or was it Clinton...who knows anymore? ) then the Assault Weapons Ban...then more crap with the USR in the same vein.    Then almost 20 some years later...manufacturer issues such as tooling up in America and then having Sabre get all stupid on us and go to jail  ( WHY, SABRE, WHY?!?!?!?!?!??!...we loved you and your Thundercats logo! ) ...and then having to tool up again....essentially twice more!!!

For the first time in it's history on these shores ( since the early 80s ) the AUG is actually getting to SHINE!  I think it is going to do GREAT!

Everyone that shoots my AUG loves it.....and most want one.  I think you will see prices adjust and I think more and more people are going to get into the AUG.  It's a fantastic gun.

I hope that the MDT gets released soon and I hope it does well, too....but we will see at that price point.  It's the AUG that has me looking at guns more like the MDT than the RDB or even the Tavor.  As much as I like the SAR Tavor....it cannot win me over.  I am  willing to pay for the right gun......

I think that the MDT price might have more people consider the AUG as a very safe middle ground.  It's a much better middle ground than the Tavor, IMO.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 8:49:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Tavor may have more publicity, but the AUG is the best damn bullpup period. I'm not a bullpup guy, but if I were to get one, my first choice would be the AUG unless the MDR turns out to be amazing.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 9:18:54 PM EDT
[#13]
If the rumor about a 300 BLK AUG (or replaceable barrel) is true... I'm definitely getting an AUG.

The changeable barrel is one of the features I like about the MDR... but there's no way I'll be a Gen 1 / early adopter of a rifle that has seen no trigger time in the LE, .mil, or civilian population. They can fire as many rounds as they want through their test rifles and claim 100% reliability and 0% failures. That means nothing. There's no such thing as a production rifle that runs flawlessly forever. Otherwise none of these companies would need customer service or warrantees.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 11:16:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Ok, back to out MDR discussion!  

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote
What MDR?  It does not exist.  

I'll get more excited when they actually are in production for over a year, and other people, who just had to be first on their block to have one and post it on their YouTube/Facebook/Twitter/Myspace accounts, be the guinea pigs and work out all the bugs.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 12:42:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
This.

despite the vocal minority on here, consumers do not like sliding triggers on rifles, or proprietary mags, or having to buy a stock that sacrifices utility to use the mags they already own, or facing the variety of AUGS and their minor differences or inconsistencies.

in my experiences behind the counter at the LGS--people like uniform, easy to accessorize bullpups.  They don't like ones with weird mags, shitty triggers, and too much variety to figure out what accessories work with them.

if memory serves, I saw a statistic that the Tavor sold more units it's first year or so than Steyr has sold AUGs here in the US, period.

and now back to your regularly scheduled (missing) MDR 
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 11:02:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got mine. Don't care about others buying or not. And I'm not planning on selling my Steyr Aug. It's a great weapon. I just wish that Steyr made them in .308 caliber. Oh, and I also made the mistake of buying a Tavor. I hated it and sold it at a loss. Kept the Steyr Aug and won't be selling it.
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 6:29:42 AM EDT
[#17]
The .300 Blackout barrel is promising, especially if it's only a matter of a barrel swap.

What would be a real savage move would be if Steyr also releases the 7.62x39 conversion:

And then used the same bolt to make a 6.5 Grendel version.

Combined with PJ's new rail, and the gear coming out from Corvus Defensio, we'd likely see a bump in interest

What's funny about the Tavor is that I keep reading people buying them because it's a "battle hardened" platform. But it was introduced in to Israeli service in 2006, and other then the one month battle in Lebanon (where all photos I've seen show them using M16's) I'm not aware of any battles that the Tavor would have been used in.
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 11:51:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
They worked some kind of deal to get the MDR featured as an amazingly good unique weapon in The Division to get some visibility to the shooter gamer crossover market.

Although UbiSoft has mangled The Division so badly I'm not sure that's done anything positive for marketing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So it got put in front of the eyes of the 2k or so gamers who hadnt't already abandoned that burning trash heap of a game by the time the MDR was released in game .
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 2:05:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The .300 Blackout barrel is promising, especially if it's only a matter of a barrel swap.

What would be a real savage move would be if Steyr also releases the 7.62x39 conversion:
http://i558.photobucket.com/albums/ss21/ChicasPix/Forum%20Posts/76239AUGa_zpsvdp7kdft.jpg

Combined with PJ's new rail, and the gear coming out from Corvus Defensio, we'd likely see a bump in interest

What's funny about the Tavor is that I keep reading people buying them because it's a "battle hardened" platform. But it was introduced in to Israeli service in 2006, and other then the one month battle in Lebanon (where all photos I've seen show them using M16's) I'm not aware of any battles that the Tavor would have been used in.
View Quote
IWI is nothing if not a marketing success story.  Kassnar is a smart dude and they were right to bring him in for their US presence.

As to the AUG, I want that 7.62x39 conversion SO BAD.  I don't care if it uses different mags.  I WANT IT, I WANT IT NOW!!  Would also fo on a 6.5 Grendel conversion.  I'm over .300 BLK at the moment, but I'd consider it if they price it in line with their other barrels.

Anyway, more non-MDR talk.
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 2:17:47 PM EDT
[#20]
I think that's because we've exhausted all the MDR talk... and you guys are making me want an AUG, stop it!
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 3:59:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 4:48:33 PM EDT
[#22]
A Tavor was featured a few episodes ago on 24: Legacy
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 7:47:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Does the MDR have the same height over bore as the AR15 in the context of optic mount heights?
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 8:38:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
It was used during Operations Cast Lead and Protective Edge (both conflicts in Gaza where there was a fair bit of street fighting).  However, that included, the AUG still has probably 10-15x the active combat experience than the Tavor when you add up everyone who has been using it since it was introduced and all the conflicts it's been involved in.

As someone else said, IWI hit the marketing ball out of the park.
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 11:20:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I think that's because we've exhausted all the MDR talk... and you guys are making me want an AUG, stop it!
View Quote
NO:

Link Posted: 4/9/2017 1:08:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 1:23:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

IWI does marketing, period, and actually views the U.S. consumers as a primary market, not a market to sell production when they don't have a big military contract to fulfill.  IWI is also extremely supportive of the aftermarket, i.e. they understand the American marketplace.

Honestly that is Steyr's problem as we have seen it- every time they get a military contact they completely 'forget' about the U.S. market until the contract is fulfilled.   It is almost like Steyr doesn't really want to sell guns in the U.S.  the way they market and sell it here, which is really disappointing, as it is a good gun.  It seems like Steyr just is clueless on what makes guns sell in the U.S.

One other issues as we have seen it is that Steyr has little interest in innovating.  The A3 M1 was a cheap way to make the gun look 'fresh'  but all if really did is kill cross compatibility between two types of receivers.  They did that because it didn't cost them anything- the receiver blanks already had the front nubbin on them so they just stopped machining it off, and *poof*  "ooh, new model!" when it adds no practical value to the gun.  Or just squirt mold white stocks last year, or some orange ones this year.   It is the lazy business way of keeping your product 'current'

They don't seem to want to do things that would cost any money but add value to the product- say, add a bolt hold open and a left side ejection port to the NATO stock and push the Nato stocked guns, which always would sell better here in the AR-15 centric U.S. market.  

Anyhow, my two cents on why Steyr is behind the power curve.

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote
part of the issue I think is that Steyr is a very small company.  iirc, they only have about 30 employees
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 10:25:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
An AUG is a life-time purchase.  Of the people I know who own AUG's, none are the type who do flavor-of-the-month gun purchases (you know the type, who constantly flip to finance the next one), and none would even consider selling their AUG.
View Quote
There are times I do sell a gun to fund another one, but I would never do that with the AUG. So far its the only gun that fit me just right. I can't even imagine trying to find a bullpup that does better than the AUG for me. Or any gun to be honest.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 6:26:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
There are times I do sell a gun to fund another one, but I would never do that with the AUG. So far its the only gun that fit me just right. I can't even imagine trying to find a bullpup that does better than the AUG for me. Or any gun to be honest.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
An AUG is a life-time purchase.  Of the people I know who own AUG's, none are the type who do flavor-of-the-month gun purchases (you know the type, who constantly flip to finance the next one), and none would even consider selling their AUG.
Me too. Except for the MDR in .308 caliber. If Steyr made the Aug available in .308 caliber I'd buy one and that would be all the bullpup rifles I would need. I'd have my 5.56 Nato stock Aug and one in .308 and I'd be very happy. They don't make them in .308, so I'm thinking the MDR will fill that bill. And, as for that "Beta tester" remark, I don't do Youtube, FaceBook, Twitless, or any other social media, so they won't be getting info. from me after I get my MDR.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 6:41:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
If Steyr made the Aug available in .308 caliber I'd buy one and that would be all the bullpup rifles I would need. I'd have my 5.56 Nato stock Aug and one in .308 and I'd be very happy. They don't make them in .308
View Quote
Nope, but for all the years MDR has been doing the smoke and mirrors thing, I've been turning .308 ammunition into empty brass VERY happily.....

and with enough $$$ left over from the MDR MSRP to buy a reasonably nice scope for it.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 6:58:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Nope, but for all the years MDR has been doing the smoke and mirrors thing, I've been turning .308 ammunition into empty brass VERY happily.....
https://www.blackriflellc.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/RFB18BLK-1.jpg
and with enough $ left over from the MDR MSRP to buy a reasonably nice scope for it.
View Quote
well.. that's the obvious alternative.  Problem with RFB being they have a reputation of poor reliability and some poor construction, and fairly tepid accuracy.  Has that changed?
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 8:16:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

https://www.blackriflellc.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/RFB18BLK-1.jpg
and with enough $$ left over from the MDR MSRP to buy a reasonably nice scope for it.
View Quote
I had one for a while and it was a decent gun depending on what you want. For me it would never do better than 2-3 moa which I guess would be fine with a rds and it was still obnoxiously loud suppressed because of the gas system.

It was extremely handy and balanced well enough with a suppressor to fire one handed like a pistol.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 11:26:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
well.. that's the obvious alternative.  Problem with RFB being they have a reputation of poor reliability and some poor construction, and fairly tepid accuracy.  Has that changed?
View Quote
Well, the internet tacticool boys hate on everything Kel-Tec, so no - the "reputation" hasn't changed that I know of.  Oddly enough, the owners seem to fairly overwhelmingly love them....

I wouldn't brag on mine if I didn't like it - look and see how many positive Tavor posts I've made for example, vs my AUG, FS2000, and RFB....

Mine seems to run very well (unsuppressed so far, though that should finally change soon) out of the box (without gas system adjustment) with only a few malfunctions (failures to feed) experienced only by other shooters - that appear to be somewhat the equivalent of limp-wristing.  Once she learned to really lean into it, my 12yo daughter *LOVED* shooting mine (albeit with the addition of a Limbsaver slip-on, which *I* appreciate as well) and it's at very least minute-of-milk-jug.  Not a rifle I benchrest, so haven't honestly tried to see what mine would do with anything other than cheap ammo.

Now mine *IS* a Gen2, so there is that, but I maintain the MDR will need a Gen2 also once the real world gets hold of them (if they ever do).  In my experience, Kel-Tec have been awesome folks to deal with, so if I *did* have a problem, I am confident they would make it right.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 9:28:35 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Well, the internet tacticool boys hate on everything Kel-Tec, so no - the "reputation" hasn't changed that I know of.  Oddly enough, the owners seem to fairly overwhelmingly love them....

I wouldn't brag on mine if I didn't like it - look and see how many positive Tavor posts I've made for example, vs my AUG, FS2000, and RFB....

Mine seems to run very well (unsuppressed so far, though that should finally change soon) out of the box (without gas system adjustment) with only a few malfunctions (failures to feed) experienced only by other shooters - that appear to be somewhat the equivalent of limp-wristing.  Once she learned to really lean into it, my 12yo daughter *LOVED* shooting mine (albeit with the addition of a Limbsaver slip-on, which *I* appreciate as well) and it's at very least minute-of-milk-jug.  Not a rifle I benchrest, so haven't honestly tried to see what mine would do with anything other than cheap ammo.

Now mine *IS* a Gen2, so there is that, but I maintain the MDR will need a Gen2 also once the real world gets hold of them (if they ever do).  In my experience, Kel-Tec have been awesome folks to deal with, so if I *did* have a problem, I am confident they would make it right.
View Quote
I still love my Gen1, it's a sub 500 serial number, had it since they came out, and I've not had a single issue out of it that wasn't related to one or two particular surplus mags.
I pulled the XTR-14 and went back to an Eotech the other day, I've even shot it in a few 2-gun matches, just because.
I've got a YHM Ti .308 suppressor, and I would use it on the RFB more, but I've got a .300blk SBR for being quiet, and I don't want to add 6" to my RFB for matches and make it longer than my SBRs

A Hogue grip sleeve (with some double sided tape underneath) made a world of difference for my big hands, and I've got some rubber traction tape to add to the forend.  I've seen some fairly nice stipple jobs done to them.

I want an MDR, and may end up with one once the hype wears off, but I don't want one that badly...
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 9:15:07 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

http://i558.photobucket.com/albums/ss21/ChicasPix/Forum%20Posts/76239AUGa_zpsvdp7kdft.jpg

View Quote
What is this PJ rail for the AUG that you speak of?
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 10:56:39 AM EDT
[#36]
No update? Meanwhile Q has started their company, designed 2 guns and half a dozen suppressors, and they're starting to move product....all in the time that the MDR will be "shipping soon"
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 11:47:05 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
No update? Meanwhile Q has started their company, designed 2 guns and half a dozen suppressors, and they're starting to move product....all in the time that the MDR will be "shipping soon"
View Quote
Lol
ain't that the truth

What's the Firearms background of the DT guys?
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 12:19:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
New M1 rail.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 12:47:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Lol
ain't that the truth

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol
ain't that the truth

They have made precision bullpup bolt action rifles for years. Their first foray into idiotic hype was with those rifles when they asked to get in on a competition for pakistani sniper rifles then after they where let in made press releases along the lines of Desert Tech refuses to sell our rifles to pakistan because they are shitty allies. So while their switch from small run precision bolt actions to mass produced semi auto battle rifles have been rough they haven't faltered once at BSing and the hype train.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 1:01:12 PM EDT
[#40]
The Tavor has been deployed in combat in the Donbass. Several MVD battalions and a few airborne brigades have fielded Tavors in combat against Russia.

I have shot a number of the FORT produced Tavors including the 5.45 version. Not a huge fan of the design

The AUG is better in my opinion for a number of reasons.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 1:07:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

They have made precision bullpup bolt action rifles for years. Their first foray into idiotic hype was with those rifles when they asked to get in on a competition for pakistani sniper rifles then after they where let in made press releases along the lines of Desert Tech refuses to sell our rifles to pakistan because they are shitty allies. So while their switch from small run precision bolt actions to mass produced semi auto battle rifles have been rough they haven't faltered once at BSing and the hype train.
View Quote
Oh I knew that about their bolt actions. My bad. Interesting about the Pakistan deal though
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 2:56:49 PM EDT
[#42]
So lets see, I'd say the typical "lifespan window" of a shooter capable of getting a $2000 rifle, and enjoying it's usage, is somewhere around.... oh, let's call it 32 years old through 70 years old.   So roughly 38 year window.  (yea, some 26 year olds have enough discretionary income and motivation to do it, but not many)

Desert tech first announced this as early as January, 2014.(and maybe sooner, that's the earliest I could find in my 60 second Google search).   Today we're at April 2017, so let's call that 3.25 years.  

So, approximately 10% of your user life-span to experience and enjoy the MDR, has gone, while awaiting this.  Should you perhaps be starting this cycle well after your 32nd birthday, well.. eat fiber.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 3:08:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
So lets see, I'd say the typical "lifespan window" of a shooter capable of getting a $2000 rifle, and enjoying it's usage, is somewhere around.... oh, let's call it 32 years old through 70 years old.   So roughly 38 year window.  (yea, some 26 year olds have enough discretionary income and motivation to do it, but not many)

Desert tech first announced this as early as January, 2014.(and maybe sooner, that's the earliest I could find in my 60 second Google search).   Today we're at April 2017, so let's call that 3.25 years.  

So, approximately 10% of your user life-span to experience and enjoy the MDR, has gone, while awaiting this.  Should you perhaps be starting this cycle well after your 32nd birthday, well.. eat fiber.
View Quote
I must be ahead of the curve, I just turned 25 and I have 13 NFA items and a pvs14 with an atpial

Oh and I have IR lights on my side by side so I can drive it around at night. Rough life
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 3:12:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
New M1 rail.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

New M1 rail.
I am not up to date on this whole AUG scene, so can you be a bit more specific, or maybe a link or two.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 3:59:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I must be ahead of the curve, I just turned 25 and I have 13 NFA items and a pvs14 with an atpial

Oh and I have IR lights on my side by side so I can drive it around at night. Rough life
View Quote
BoxofRox has some more toys than me but I'm also ahead of your curve
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 4:40:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I am not up to date on this whole AUG scene, so can you be a bit more specific, or maybe a link or two.
View Quote
it's on the 1st page...https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_43/472551_M1-AUG-extended-rail---25-slots---now-available.html
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 5:14:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Since Trump got elected gun business has died, many lay offs and many more to come.

AR stripped lowers for $39 each, I can't see anyone making money at that price!

Its a buyers market now and will be for the next 3 years.

Guns priced $2000+ haven't sold that great in good times and now they practically don't sell at all!

I imagine if the MDR comes in way over $2000 it's sales won't be that great after the initial release.

Yes the Tavor probably out sells the AUG but you can buy one cheaper then what I can buy an AUG from Steyr as a distributor. Plus the AUG has been around for 40 years now. Steyr does need to completely redesign it and maybe come out with a .308 AUG

Link Posted: 4/12/2017 6:29:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Since Trump got elected gun business has died, many lay offs and many more to come.

AR stripped lowers for $39 each, I can't see anyone making money at that price!

Its a buyers market now and will be for the next 3 years.

Guns priced $2000+ haven't sold that great in good times and now they practically don't sell at all!

I imagine if the MDR comes in way over $2000 it's sales won't be that great after the initial release.

Yes the Tavor probably out sells the AUG but you can buy one cheaper then what I can buy an AUG from Steyr as a distributor. Plus the AUG has been around for 40 years now. Steyr does need to completely redesign it and maybe come out with a .308 AUG

View Quote
Maybe you didn't get the same email that I did from Mark Larue saying there were so many people creaming over the FDE OBr they crashed the server. HK can't stock 762s fast enough and last I checked, scar 17s were still selling like hotcakes at a premium. I'll throw the friendly bullshit flag

ETA: mp5s too! Atlantic was selling the $1800 omegas like crazy and the new HK marked ones for $2800 were snatched up
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 8:31:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Impressive!  Man, when I was 25 I had like... not much!
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 9:00:41 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
Page / 74
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top