Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 74
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 6:05:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Ream the chamber on a brand new rifle that is still essentially in testing phase? I would think that's the manufacturer's responsibility, not the owner/tester.
Personally, it think it sounds more like a timing issue, than a chamber issue. Although, I say that without having touched one, or even seen one in person. I mean, we could just as well be debating whether a sasquatch howls or grunts. There's probably a bit of each involved, but none of us are the ones who need to be figuring it out.

EDIT: Maybe confusing wording, since the "testers" are actually owners, of what is supposed to be a finished product. If they truly were "testers", then diagnosing problems, and even coming up with solutions would be their responsibility.
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 6:15:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I keep mentally coming back to the CEO's quote in one of their "sorry but it's delayed again" videos referring to the MDR being that "100% rifle everyone wants it to be" or something to that effect.  So far, that could not be further from the truth.
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 6:54:31 PM EDT
[#3]
But at least they didnt do what Keltec does and release a gun before its 100% ready.

That is why I am happy to stand by DT, because I know they wont release it until its perfect.
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 6:58:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
But at least they didnt do what Keltec does and release a gun before its 100% ready.

That is why I am happy to stand by DT, because I know they wont release it until its perfect.
View Quote
I'm hoping that's sarcasm.
Link Posted: 4/6/2018 12:26:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
I know this is in jest, but I saw this exact sentiment espoused countless times over the years of MDR setbacks. They’re right though, Desert Tech is no KelTec, Desert Tech manages to produce low quality controlled rifles at twice the price!

ETA: I don’t actually think KT makes low quality rifles, the only one I’ve ever owned works fine. Which, if anything, makes the comparison that much more ironic.
Link Posted: 4/6/2018 4:01:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Two more weeks, they've been on vacation.

They did send these great moments from their production team and secretarial staff.

Craziest Football Fumbles of all Time

I'm sorry, but this is what I think about when I read this thread.
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 4:21:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Sorry to revive this thread, but I actually saw an MDR on a shelf at my lgs. I was surprised they made enough to sell.
Link Posted: 4/26/2018 8:13:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Sorry to revive this thread, but I actually saw an MDR on a shelf at my lgs. I was surprised they made enough to sell.
View Quote
If you are in NE florida i saw and handled the same one.... was kinda meh but i'm still in the group buy
Link Posted: 4/27/2018 12:31:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If you are in NE florida i saw and handled the same one.... was kinda meh but i'm still in the group buy
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes, I am in Jax. I didn't handle it as I don't have any interest in the gun. I'm waiting for the RDB Survival.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 11:41:49 AM EDT
[#10]
After over two years I've reached the point where I no longer want an MDR.  I just sent in my cancellation for a Bullpup Forum group buy.  Between the long delay and lingering issues it is time for me to move on.  Good luck to the customers who have or are still planning to get one of these.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 9:16:05 PM EDT
[#11]
I was told I would be getting mine in April...after other delays, it's now May...i'll be cancelling my preorder tomorrow.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 9:48:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
After over two years I've reached the point where I no longer want an MDR.  I just sent in my cancellation for a Bullpup Forum group buy.  Between the long delay and lingering issues it is time for me to move on.  Good luck to the customers who have or are still planning to get one of these.
View Quote
I love how there are reports of people finding them at local gunstores..... thats great....just great DT....send em out to gunstores so they can sit on the rack, while your pre-order customer base for over two years gets a bowl of dick.

I tried to cancel my order in January, but did not receive any response from SGT P when I emailed him.  What do I have to do to get my grand back from the Bullpup forum group buy?
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 10:50:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I love how there are reports of people finding them at local gunstores..... thats great....just great DT....send em out to gunstores so they can sit on the rack, while your pre-order customer base for over two years gets a bowl of dick.

I tried to cancel my order in January, but did not receive any response from SGT P when I emailed him.  What do I have to do to get my grand back from the Bullpup forum group buy?
View Quote
@Supperman
This is his store: http://www.bullpuparmory.com/?Click=5146 His number is at the bottom, right hand side.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 11:33:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Well I got one about a week ago with no major issues so far. It’s a bit heavier then competition but so far no issues. Anyone in AZ wants to try one let me know on a pm. Should be back to Ben this Friday for some more trigger time.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 12:45:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
You do realize that they're filling backorders, and that includes those from gunshops?  I picked up my second MDR because someone cancelled and a local shop had it.  This isn't a conspiracy to screw you (or anyone else) over.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 7:52:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
You do realize that they're filling backorders, and that includes those from gunshops?  I picked up my second MDR because someone cancelled and a local shop had it.  This isn't a conspiracy to screw you (or anyone else) over.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

DT has screwed the pooch a lot of ways with this whole deal but shipping out dealer preorders too isn't one.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 8:06:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
Of course it isn't a conspiracy, that would take planning and organization which DT has neither of.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 8:48:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Of course it isn't a conspiracy, that would take planning and organization which DT has neither of.
View Quote
Oh, ha ha ha.  Don't quit your day job, these jokes were old and stale eighteen months ago.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 9:00:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Oh, ha ha ha.  Don't quit your day job, these jokes were old and stale eighteen months ago.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh I don't know.  I LOL'd when I read it earlier today
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 10:44:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You mean when DT was ‘just two weeks away’ from releasing? I forgot this thread existed until this bump. It’s a shame this rifle ended up how it did.
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 2:12:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What joke?  History over the last couple of years has proven that @Aussie_E is dead-on.
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 10:03:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

wow
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 4:05:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

What joke?  History over the last couple of years has proven that @Aussie_E is dead-on.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 9:52:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
How can you still be defending DT?  At the very best, they are incompetent.  Unfortunately, it is more likely they are liars and con artists.  Nothing has been truthful.  The weight issue, constant QC issues, timeline is constantly change, and they have been caught being less than honest more than a few times.  I am still in the group buy, but only because I'm too busy to try to call Sgt. P and get my money back.  This whole thing is a debacle and I question why anyone would try to defend any of their actions.
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 11:02:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

How can you still be defending DT?  At the very best, they are incompetent.  Unfortunately, it is more likely they are liars and con artists.  Nothing has been truthful.  The weight issue, constant QC issues, timeline is constantly change, and they have been caught being less than honest more than a few times.  I am still in the group buy, but only because I'm too busy to try to call Sgt. P and get my money back.  This whole thing is a debacle and I question why anyone would try to defend any of their actions.
View Quote
They globally F’ed up a few times over, not once. I was about to pull my money back when I got the tracking number. I will say it’s a fun gun and so far hasn’t had any of the qc issues I have seen on the bull pup forum. I think they have done something as my mag releases were not stiff as reported si far. That said I wouldn’t count my life on it especially when I am not even at the 500 round mark yet. Fun gun with unique features but I doubt it will ever take over for my lwrci.
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 2:24:46 PM EDT
[#26]
What's the latest news on this thing guys?  Did they have a miraculous turnaround after I cancelled my order back in Dec?
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 3:41:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
What's the latest news on this thing guys?  Did they have a miraculous turnaround after I cancelled my order back in Dec?
View Quote
They are coming out but there has been more delays. I got mine a little back but ordered almost a year and half ago. The firsts ones had mag release issues but that seems to be dealt with. So far the biggest issues that is still relevant is the hand guard is weak. The mlok has broken on some. However I haven’t had any issues but people are experiencing them.
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 5:46:46 PM EDT
[#28]
I received mine at the beginning of the month.   I will be honest I sent the rifle back to DT before ever firing a round.  The good side was when they received the rifle it was only there for two days and sent back.  I had a quick range session with it and put 60 rounds down range with no issues.  Only time will tell if mine starts to act up or not.  If you dive deep enough into the rifle you can tell there are areas they screwed up on and had to go back re-evaluate.  The gas Valve is a good example. Drilled to big of holes in it and put a sleeve in it with smaller holes to fix the issue. In my personal option of the rifle it is pleasant to shoot, not much recoil and fun for a .308. Not sure where other people find that its beating the hell out of them. Seems most people like to compare the recoil of this rifle with the SCAR17, I never shot one so i am not sure how it really compares. But at the same time the Scar17 ships with a muzzle brake standard. I don't think I would trust my life with this rifle yet, but I would still take it out hunting

Jesse.
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 6:09:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not defending them...just commenting on "jokes" that have lost their humor and moved into the realm of annoying, especially when it's the same person beating the dead horse.  DT has issues, I've never said they were perfect.  What I have tried to do is look at it and try to figure out why rather than jumping to some knee-jerk emotional reaction that I'd expect from a child.
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 8:05:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I'm not defending them...just commenting on "jokes" that have lost their humor and moved into the realm of annoying, especially when it's the same person beating the dead horse.  DT has issues, I've never said they were perfect.  What I have tried to do is look at it and try to figure out why rather than jumping to some knee-jerk emotional reaction that I'd expect from a child.
View Quote
Speaking of moving into the realm of annoying
I am becoming annoyed with the lack of reviews.
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 9:12:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
Don't look at me, I'm not your review monkey. ;-)  I'll do it when I have the time, and right now, my classwork has a higher priority.
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 9:58:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
There are quite a few reviews on the MDR Owners facebook page.. a lot more traffic there as well as on the bullpup forum.
Link Posted: 5/11/2018 9:55:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
Are you saying the MDR is dead? I am sooooooo confused, the DT white knight thinks it's a dead horse.
Emotional reaction, kettle meet pot.
Link Posted: 5/11/2018 9:57:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
Major update/review with pics halfway down this thread.

http://bullpupforum.com/index.php?topic=13025.40
Link Posted: 5/11/2018 10:09:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Are you saying the MDR is dead? I am sooooooo confused, the DT white knigt thinks it's a dead horse.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 10:34:37 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Are you saying the MDR is dead? I am sooooooo confused, the DT white knight thinks it's a dead horse.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, not in the least; the MDR is quite alive.  It's the same people with the same comments; in other words, it's become tedious, worn out, and over done.

No need to contact me, again, via PM.
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 2:13:18 PM EDT
[#37]
New person with some new comments on Bullpup Forums this morning after finally receiving their MDR, no need to go over there and read them unless you're wanting to be a white knight and defend the indefensible. I'm beginning to think MDR stands for Mine Don't Run.
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 10:31:48 PM EDT
[#38]
I posted on BP forum this morning. TLDR: 5 rounds is all it could manage, and only 1 of those was without problems. Ripping rims off cases and getting stuck in the barrel.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 7:41:49 AM EDT
[#39]
At this point, I would have a hard time feeling sorry for anyone who has connection to the internet and hasn't cancelled their pre-order.  I was so flipping excited about the potential of this gun a couple years ago, really sad to see what this has devolved into.  This is going to be a tough one for that company to bounce back from.  Glad I got my money back when I did.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 11:51:49 AM EDT
[#40]
I get why people still want it heck I fight off the urge everyday to roll the dice on a gunbroker purchase but it just isnt an intelligent decision based off the current reports.

I dont care how you slice it, or what your bias is, if a gun doesnt run it is not worth buying, sorry.  What is most annoying about this to me is the break-in-period excuse bullshit.  The saga of the MDR is a spin zone.

However, once the Tavor 7 is released there will be no hope for me to become a DT customer anymore because my money will be sunk into IWI.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 9:27:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Wow I've been out for a while and jumped on bullpupforum...holy crap the MDR is STILL failing. Glad I opted out and got my money back. It's sad, I really liked that gun and still wish it the best. Maybe DT will get it right in two more weeks-I mean months-shoot I meant years.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 4:00:20 AM EDT
[#42]
Looks like rsr ( a major firearm wholesaler for dealers only) is picking up deserttech and are listing the mdr. They are listing 556 models too.

Link Posted: 5/16/2018 4:01:42 AM EDT
[#43]
Looks like rsr ( a major firearm wholesaler for dealers only) is picking up desert tech and are listing the mdr. They are listing 556 models too.

Here's the link https://rsrgroup.com/search?Category=all&Keywords=Mdr&action=Search
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 4:32:22 AM EDT
[#44]
This thread just keeps reminding me why I don't ask my precision bolt action gunsmith to build me an AR. He builds rifles that have won more than a few competitions, but bolt gun people should stick to bolt guns. I have shot a DT bolt gun. I was amazed by it, and the trigger made me stop believing every myth I had heard about how bullpup triggers just had to be bad.

Now they make an autoloader, and I really had high hopes for this thing. Murphy's Law has grabbed them by the semi-auto nutz. The trigger sucks. The action is unreliable. The accuracy, while more than adequate for a "battle" rifle, is not what I would have expected from a manufacturer with their previous reputation.

For $2500, too? Just wow.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 7:23:05 PM EDT
[#45]
And now they are selling upgraded parts for it.  This may be the most entertaining train wreck I have ever seen.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 7:35:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
And now they are selling upgraded parts for it.  This may be the most entertaining train wreck I have ever seen.
View Quote
Who doesn't love a good train wreck when nobody is hurt
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 8:00:05 PM EDT
[#47]
There are so many user reports of the rifle either choking or violently ripping brass that they knew their gas system was fucked. So they make a 6-position gas block, but rather than roll it out on outgoing MDR’s and mail them to their beta testers, they offer it as an optional $80 upgrade lol BUT WAIT THERES MORE for a limited time it’s only $50. This dumpster fire keeps getting bigger.

One day, if DT doesn’t go bankrupt first, the MDR will be a very nifty little rifle. Until then, I’m so glad I didn’t preorder, and feel for those of you caught up in this, except for those lucky few that accidentally got one that functions.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 8:36:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
This thread just keeps reminding me why I don't ask my precision bolt action gunsmith to build me an AR. He builds rifles that have won more than a few competitions, but bolt gun people should stick to bolt guns. I have shot a DT bolt gun. I was amazed by it, and the trigger made me stop believing every myth I had heard about how bullpup triggers just had to be bad.

Now they make an autoloader, and I really had high hopes for this thing. Murphy's Law has grabbed them by the semi-auto nutz. The trigger sucks. The action is unreliable. The accuracy, while more than adequate for a "battle" rifle, is not what I would have expected from a manufacturer with their previous reputation.

View Quote
Well thats the problem right there, its not fully semi automatic. ;)
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 10:14:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
$2550 assuming your rifle rips cases and fails to extract with various ammo, so need to BUY a new gas plug w/6 positions and HOPE it resolves the issues and doesn't wind up needing to be changed when going from match ammo A to match ammo B, because that would require handguard removal.

$2580 come June when the gas plug price goes up.

Paying yet more to make your new $$$ rifle run reliably for what should have been a warranty part.. Priceless,
Or maybe not - have been considering an SRS  on and off for a while.  Looks like it will be used if at all.  Good move, DT.
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 12:47:47 AM EDT
[#50]
This screams of financial desperation from DT.

Charging for a part to replace a Mickey Moused fix (sleeve) on guns shipped so far?

Trying to stay solvent at $50/$80 a pop.

Sad, just sad.

Page / 74
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top