Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 74
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 9:59:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Well their slogan was something like tomorrows gun today. Yeah you get the gun today without all the fixes and upgrades tomorrow's will have!
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 11:11:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Frankly, I'm amazed how insulting this is to every single MDR owner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=solSsoEHCKM

For shame, DT. For shame.
View Quote
They new Xtreme model is also cheaper...its $1889 vs $2275...back to the original asking price that was originally told in 2014.
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 12:22:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
@CowboyWubWub seems like it's time for a new title!

"2020 Hindsight, Shoulda Waited for the MDR Gen2, errr, MDRX"
"2020 - New Year, Same Gun - Almost"
"2020 DT Promises to Announce and Ship in the Same Decade"
"New Decade, Same Promises"
View Quote
Excellent suggestions. I think I blended them together well.
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 1:29:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@CowboyWubWub seems like it's time for a new title!

"2020 Hindsight, Shoulda Waited for the MDR Gen2, errr, MDRX"
"2020 - New Year, Same Gun - Almost"
"2020 DT Promises to Announce and Ship in the Same Decade"
"New Decade, Same Promises"
Well done sir, well done!
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 5:59:50 PM EDT
[#5]
And to think, I almost unsubscribed because i thought the trainwreck had come to a close.

Round 2, Fight!
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 9:36:08 PM EDT
[#6]
So what exactly is new

Lighter weight ( if you go side eject)
Cheaper (if you go side eject)
Better trigger and reset

Any other "big changes" (aside from other calibers)?
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 9:37:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Better polymer in the lower.
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 12:02:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
So what exactly is new

Better trigger and reset

View Quote
Actually works now out of the box. I hope
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 2:06:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So what exactly is new

Better trigger and reset

View Quote
Why would anyone go side eject when the tavor and AUG can do it better?
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 4:56:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So what exactly is new

Better trigger and reset

Who knows.  I was just curious what actually was different from the original.

I am still hoping for ruger this make the RDB style ruger bull pup ...... lots of the RDBs are popping up around here in LGS and getting harder to resist
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 9:59:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Who knows.  I was just curious what actually was different from the original.

I am still hoping for ruger this make the RDB style ruger bull pup ...... lots of the RDBs are popping up around here in LGS and getting harder to resist
View Quote
I would still take an RDB over a MDR...even with these new updates...def a AUG or Tavor...if we are talking 5.56...but it is nice to see that DT isn't abandoning the platform and is making changes....
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 11:25:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
So what exactly is new

Better trigger and reset

View Quote
Stronger resin, how much stronger isn’t really known, but if you want the same gun it would be resin, trigger, and better draining gas system for water submersion. Price is only cheaper if side eject. Basically the only thing that affects original owners will be resin, the rest should be upgradable but resin won’t be. Is it a issue? Probably not, but the drop tests where the grip broke when dropping was a concern to some. I think the drop if I recall was 6 feet and the grip broke, not really sure this will fix that or not
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 3:51:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Stronger resin, how much stronger isn’t really known, but if you want the same gun it would be resin, trigger, and better draining gas system for water submersion. Price is only cheaper if side eject. Basically the only thing that affects original owners will be resin, the rest should be upgradable but resin won’t be. Is it a issue? Probably not, but the drop tests where the grip broke when dropping was a concern to some. I think the drop if I recall was 6 feet and the grip broke, not really sure this will fix that or not
View Quote
One would hope that if someone has an issue with an older lower breaking dt would replace it with the current updated version.
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 4:01:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

One would hope that if someone has an issue with an older lower breaking dt would replace it with the current updated version.
View Quote
I would think so, I haven’t really heard of it being an issue to be honest. I know one person had some polymer issues around the rear mag release but never heard anything much about it beyond dt replaced it. Their drop test resulted in a broken grip, maybe this is to remedy it. I would be interested to find out how strong it is compared to the old model, which is a question under the video on their FB. Beyond that who knows.
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 7:16:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I would think so, I haven’t really heard of it being an issue to be honest. I know one person had some polymer issues around the rear mag release but never heard anything much about it beyond dt replaced it. Their drop test resulted in a broken grip, maybe this is to remedy it. I would be interested to find out how strong it is compared to the old model, which is a question under the video on their FB. Beyond that who knows.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I remember there being quite a bit of talk maybe a year or so that the polymer was brittle IIRC. It was actually probably in this thread actually awhile back.

I still want to like this rifle, maybe one day it’ll be ready for prime time, by like the fourth re-release. Maybe by then they’ll have the MDR-C components out, which was what actually drew me to the rifle in the first place.
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 9:41:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I remember there being quite a bit of talk maybe a year or so that the polymer was brittle IIRC. It was actually probably in this thread actually awhile back.

I still want to like this rifle, maybe one day it’ll be ready for prime time, by like the fourth re-release. Maybe by then they’ll have the MDR-C components out, which was what actually drew me to the rifle in the first place.
View Quote
At the present rate of revision and release versus the rate at which issues continue to arise, I assume that the fourth generation MDRX-mk3-SE will be available in the mid-2040s.
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 11:09:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
I must have missed it but to be honest I don’t really come here for the mdr, it was over at bullpup forum. Typically here bullpup aren’t really liked much and there is too much bs to get a straight answer. If I had a question o the gas system there it would be a answer here it would spin into Mormon politics or something similar so I pop in and out but don’t stay for much. I would be interested in swapping some stuff out for a mdrx but at the same time I have too many open projects I need to close before spending more time and money. New bumper/winch/light bar, x95, finis another ar15, finish a clone, build the cetme, galil kit, and uzi kit.  I like bullpups and the mdr is a fun rifle. There has been some pretty cool work/projects I’ve been following at bullpup forum but these swaps seem to mimic some of those already.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 7:02:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
@maleante

Same job...but 40 more parts!!!!!!!! Obviously it has been made to appeal to Germans and those of German descent.

Therefore, if it doesn't work.....IT'S YOUR FAULT, MEIN HERR!!!

Link Posted: 1/13/2020 12:26:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
@maleante

Same job...but 40 more parts!!!!!!!! Obviously it has been made to appeal to Germans and those of German descent.

Therefore, if it doesn't work.....IT'S YOUR FAULT, MEIN HERR!!!

View Quote

The Germans (Austrians) can get away with it though because they put out an overwhelmingly high percentage of quality product they're proud of. Desert Tech not so much. Which is too bad because they had a novel idea that was pathetically implemented. Meh, I'll stick with the 1970's AUG design that works.
Link Posted: 1/13/2020 3:40:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Report from BPF says that for beta testers (1st gen 5.56 guns)…

If you want side eject...you must by a new barrel conversion and panels at the cost of $544 + $150 …

Tacticool ninjas be like...take my credit card...take it...take it....
Link Posted: 1/13/2020 3:57:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Report from BPF says that for beta testers (1st gen 5.56 guns)…

If you want side eject...you must by a new barrel conversion and panels at the cost of $544 + $150 …

Tacticool ninjas be like...take my credit card...take it...take it....
View Quote
Their little scissor thing was once their biggest selling point. There’s a lot of irony in them selling a regular variant without it as a feature. I think the lesson between the lines is their “innovation” mostly added complexity, cost, and weight. And from what I understand, necessitated unnecessary recoil into the system to operate said mechanism. I assume that’ll still be present in the SE model.

I’m glad to see them continue to refine the MDR, but the way they’ve gone about it is a mess.
Link Posted: 1/13/2020 5:06:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I'll stick with the 1970's AUG design that works.
View Quote
This, and in .308 the bullpup forward-ejecting gun I've been shooting happily since before the MDR was a gleam in an Indian MIM mold-maker's eye!  I believe they were on super-sale over the holidays for about what MDR wants for a forward-ejection kit for an MDR Gen 2
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 11:54:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Can't recall another product where the eXtreme!! edition is simply one that works. Probably. Maybe. And eliminates key features.

'Introducing Yugo eXtreme! Now drives! Plastic of arm resting device much eXtreme for most comfort! Most brave and smart customer say nyet! to fuel injection of poor and untrustworthy morals, choose carburetor of strong character!'
View Quote
This is just absolutely spectacular, thank you.

One has to wonder if this revision will work, the side ejection gimmick didn't do shit for me anyways.  I got my deposit back years ago and don't see myself putting any money into this dumpster fire again.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 2:13:23 AM EDT
[#24]
Has this one been posted yet?

Desert Tech Listens | Desert Tech
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 10:15:04 PM EDT
[#25]
I truly hope they have all the kinks worked out.

Because a bullpup rifle capable of easily switching between 5.56, 7.62x51, and 6.5 Creedmoor would be AWESOME.
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 10:40:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

The Germans (Austrians) can get away with it though because they put out an overwhelmingly high percentage of quality product they're proud of. Desert Tech not so much. Which is too bad because they had a novel idea that was pathetically implemented. Meh, I'll stick with the 1970's AUG design that works.
View Quote
Amen.  Had mine out a couple weeks ago.  My out of shape ass, from the standing, at 100 yards on the gong:  Bang.  Ding!  Bang. Ding!  Bang.  Ding!  and on and on and on.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 12:09:42 AM EDT
[#27]
Am I reading this right? That there's still people from way back years ago who have yet to receive their MDR after paying!?!?

@thehun06
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 12:45:29 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Am I reading this right? That there's still people from way back years ago who have yet to receive their MDR after paying!?!?

https://i.imgur.com/oIOJ7fX.jpg

@thehun06
View Quote
Definitely seems that way. I believe it's in the part of Sgt p though and not desert tech. Seems like a shady mfer.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 2:32:15 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

@thehun06
View Quote
Super glad it closed down before I got in, but to my understanding the guys who kept with 556 are still waiting for sgt p to get them squared away, over on the BP forum he has gone silent although there is a thread only people who are in the preorder can see and I have no clue what’s in there. That said it has nothing to do with DT, but if i was one of them I would be very pissed. The 556 have been in stock at retailers for awhile so no excuses, hell there was a sale for 1800 at one not too long ago. Almost every mdr thread over there has a call out some where and the response is go to the thread for group buy only so rest of us are cut off
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 8:37:33 AM EDT
[#30]
@maleante  yeah there are several people from the BPF Group Buy...mostly with .223 MDR preorders I believe... that Sgt_P hasn't made full on them.

It is NOT DT's fault...let me repeat...it is not DT's fault on that...
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 9:00:22 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

@thehun06
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 11:41:53 AM EDT
[#32]
SHOT Show 2020: Desert Tech MDRX

SHOT Show 2020: Desert Tech
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 10:53:22 AM EDT
[#33]
Website updated, looks like they are selling the chassis to the mdrx separate from the barrel system if you want to buy just the receiver for 1600. That said I don’t think the “regular” mdr is for sale anymore from them unless I missed it. Why they didn’t just say gen2 I don’t get when clearly it is, unless I missed it on their site
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 12:25:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Website updated, looks like they are selling the chassis to the mdrx separate from the barrel system if you want to buy just the receiver for 1600. That said I don’t think the “regular” mdr is for sale anymore from them unless I missed it. Why they didn’t just say gen2 I don’t get when clearly it is, unless I missed it on their site
View Quote
That's how they've been doing the bolt guns forever. Pick the chassis, then add conversion(s)
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 1:55:12 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

@thehun06
View Quote
Wow, glad I got out of that cluster fuck.  It took a while before he responded to send me the refund, and that was a few years ago.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 11:45:05 AM EDT
[#36]
Does anyone know the length with a 20" barrel?
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 12:01:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Does anyone know the length with a 20" barrel?
View Quote
4-5 years based on this thread
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 12:55:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
MDR is no longer available.

https://deserttech.com/rifle-builder.php?r=4
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 5:55:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
Savage.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 8:34:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 1:13:25 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

MDR is no longer available.

https://deserttech.com/rifle-builder.php?r=4
View Quote
I saw that, I wonder why they didn’t just go gen2 since it isn’t around even though they have said it is it’s own product line so if you break your mdr polymer lower the replacement won’t be a mdrx lower. I’m guess either they don’t want to pay for upgrades or to avoid calling us I risk buyers beta testers? Anyway glad they are innovating it. Might end up buying a other in 556 around Black Friday or I might try and snag a fs2000 before they are completely impossible to get.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 1:10:36 AM EDT
[#42]
So has anyone bought a Gen 2 yet? Want to see how long it takes to actually receive a new one.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 9:11:25 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
So has anyone bought a Gen 2 yet? Want to see how long it takes to actually receive a new one.
View Quote
Ship dates on them is Feb 10th, don’t think they have gotten out beyond a few reviewers yet
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 9:30:10 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote
2 moar weekz?
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 12:22:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Ship dates on them is Feb 10th, don’t think they have gotten out beyond a few reviewers yet
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
of what year? And what's the source of that date?
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 3:17:44 PM EDT
[#46]
apparently he got a MDRX

Link Posted: 1/30/2020 3:23:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
apparently he got a MDRX

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wIdUgMJPHA
View Quote
He works for DT.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 4:32:50 PM EDT
[#48]
lucky man :)
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 7:11:08 PM EDT
[#49]
At least CBM is honest and calls it what it is, the next generation. Not incremental improvements.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 8:37:12 PM EDT
[#50]
The MDRX has left the building! | Desert Tech
Page / 74
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top