BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 16
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 2:53:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By dryflash3:
I agree, now is the time to buy bullets.

Just recently got 2 k of .312 100 gr 32 cal FMJ TC bullets for my 7.62x25.

They were 5.9 cents each delivered.

It pays to check out American Reloading and RMR regularly.
View Quote

Ehh that's great deal.
Can't even get lead for that price and they are out.
I am going to need some of RMR 357 projectiles in the future.
They have smile face and tear dropped marked bullets.

I can tell you guys one thing though and I said this durring the 22lr dought, I am going to purchase enough primers to flop around in them like scrooge mcduck.
And yes I do have enough 22lr to do that.
Soon as this is over.

I haven't seen any signs that the drought is ending here.
Those off brand primers show up like they are supposed to and are reliable, and for evermore they will be my goto.
Try and reward the new start up outfits is my thinking.

And acc ammo if they get their 5.7 out and it's good stuff.
Link Posted: 11/13/2022 9:49:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Attachment Attached File

Hmmnnn…

Link Posted: 11/17/2022 1:41:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dyeager535] [#3]
Just got this in my news feed...Fiocchi to build a new primer plant in the US.

https://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2022/nov/15/ammunition-maker-fiocchi-usa-to-build-primer-factory-in-little-rock/

If this was already posted, I'm blaming the lead casting in my youth.
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 1:19:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By dyeager535:

https://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2022/nov/15/ammunition-maker-fiocchi-usa-to-build-primer-factory-in-little-rock/

View Quote

That’s great news for the industry and consumers. More capacity = more choices and competition.

Interesting that the article mentions that they will dedicated to lead free products. I don’t know if any other companies are selling lead free primers to reloaders.
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 1:34:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By MarkBinSC:

That’s great news for the industry and consumers. More capacity = more choices and competition.

Interesting that the article mentions that they will dedicated to lead free products. I don’t know if any other companies are selling lead free primers to reloaders.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Friend of mine gave me a bunch of older fiocchi lead free primers. I think they were a little big. I actually popped a few priming 9mm on my 650. Probably crimped pockets that hadn’t been cleaned up. I moved them over to 40 and didn’t have any more issues. The only real annoying thing was that they came in 150 packs so they didn’t fit in the same spaces and overcrowded my flipper.
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 3:25:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:

Friend of mine gave me a bunch of older fiocchi lead free primers. I think they were a little big. I actually popped a few priming 9mm on my 650. Probably crimped pockets that hadn’t been cleaned up. I moved them over to 40 and didn’t have any more issues. The only real annoying thing was that they came in 150 packs so they didn’t fit in the same spaces and overcrowded my flipper.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:

I was always told Lead Free primers and Old are not a good combination   Curious what your dud rate is.
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 5:07:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Don't know about you guys, but after watching 185k cci #500 primers sell out at AR today in 30 minutes just don't think we're near the bottom.

He'll, I bought 10k myself.
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 5:42:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By PointBlank82:
Don't know about you guys, but after watching 185k cci #500 primers sell out at AR today in 30 minutes just don't think we're near the bottom.

View Quote

Says they have another 100,000 there right now.  

I'm not paying that price, but the primers are there.
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 9:37:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By lazyengineer:

I was always told Lead Free primers and Old are not a good combination   Curious what your dud rate is.
View Quote

Lead free primers are not even great when new- at least not the ones Winchester made.  We used pallets of the Win Clean ammo in training and quals, it had a high ignition failure rate as compared to regular Win white box FMJ, and that was when it was new.  And yes, it is supposed to be even worse as they age.  

Hopefully Fiocchi has a better formula or QC.  

Link Posted: 11/18/2022 10:37:30 AM EDT
[#10]
OOS now. Not sure when the supply was exhausted, but I saw 300k sell in an hour yesterday...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 11:19:17 AM EDT
[#11]
OOS now. Not sure when the supply was exhausted, but I saw 300k sell in an hour yesterday...

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/310106/Screenshot_20221118-073106_Samsung_Inter-2604564.JPG
View Quote

Back in stock for me.  Still not paying that price, and advise sitting.  Economy is collapsing, Amazon is laying off during Christmas holiday.  You don't need to spend $500 for primers when you can get the same ones for $300 in a few months.
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 12:00:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lokifox] [#12]

Back in stock for me.  Still not paying that price, and advise sitting.  Economy is collapsing, Amazon is laying off during Christmas holiday.  You don't need to spend $500 for primers when you can get the same ones for $300 in a few months.
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/310106/Screenshot_20221118-073106_Samsung_Inter-2604564.JPG

Depends on how valuable a couple Franklins are to you...

NOT a political statement - just a fact; with a split congress now, it is very unlikely that any significant legislation would pass too.

On the flip, a bird in the hand is better than two in the bush.
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 12:13:04 PM EDT
[#13]
I am far far from being out of any of the main five sizes S&L pistol, S&L rifle, some magnums in the mix as well as 209s.

That said if they come back to sensible prices I will expand in LR magnums. I have plenty of SR magnums.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 4:27:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dryflash3] [#14]

View Quote

Remember this is not GD.

Stay within the reloading topic.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 4:28:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dryflash3] [#15]

Remember this is not GD.

Stay within the reloading topic or thread will get locked. Last chance.

Link Posted: 11/23/2022 8:37:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Primers locally are still around $100 a brick. My place is getting some powder the last few months. Unfortunately it seems every new delivery the price goes up $5-$10 a pound.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 12:10:55 AM EDT
[#17]
Bust?

IDK

Brownells has match rifle primers for $165/k

lol

Link Posted: 11/24/2022 1:37:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Bubbatheredneck:
Bust?

IDK

Brownells has match rifle primers for $165/k

lol

View Quote

so, they now have primers at Brownells?  That's new.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 2:18:41 AM EDT
[#19]

View Quote

I had heard a lot of the same rumors but every time I tried to look into it I couldn't find it substantiated anywhere. I had zero failures. My guess is they were at least 10 years old when I used them. This was a long time ago so I have no idea where they all stand now.

so, they now have primers at Brownells?  That's new.
View Quote

Is it? I thought they've had them as long as they've had powder.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 11:51:39 AM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

Yea this confuses me.
I have had 10k small rifle primers for sale for months without even one person interested. Forums, local armslist, gun shows, nothing...
Must be very regional.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 2:46:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PointBlank82] [#21]
Originally Posted By Jeeps-And-Guns:

Yea this confuses me.
I have had 10k small rifle primers for sale for months without even one person interested. Forums, local armslist, gun shows, nothing...
Must be very regional.
View All Quotes

Yea this confuses me.
Must be very regional.

I have to say, I'm less than impressed with AR shipping methods. Never seen primers shipped in the original boxes before, especially at $480/5k.

No external box or packing, just tape covered 5k primer box with the five bricks inside.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 4:53:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Yea this confuses me.
Must be very regional.
View Quote

This is true for a lot of things right now. I have things at good prices just sitting as do several friends. That's locally, on the EE here, and on other online places. I think people are getting tapped out and the holidays are here. Just peruse the EE and you'll see several ads that are old, several are even good deals.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 6:22:24 PM EDT
[#23]
I am at my local Academy Sports.

Here is that rebate sign I was talking about:

Attachment Attached File

And get this!  They have primers sitting on the shelf:

Attachment Attached File

I have never seen a #41 designation for primers from Winchester before.

That’s kinda curious/interesting.

That’s $8.99 per “slip” of 100.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 9:05:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By WeimaranerDad:

Snip...

I have never seen a #41 designation for primers from Winchester before.

That’s kinda curious/interesting.

View Quote

Winchester has the contract for the Lake City ammunition plant now.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 9:09:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Trollslayer] [#25]
By the time I paid the 10% sales tax, those would be just this side of $100.

If I needed them and they were right in front of me, I'd probably buy some but...  

Let's just say, I'm happy I'm not in that situation.

All the Black Friday emails I got were for loaded ammo.  Knowing this primer, powder and bullet shortage was in part created by factories making ammo, I am disinclined to buy ANY.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 9:47:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By spyderboy03:

This is true for a lot of things right now. I have things at good prices just sitting as do several friends. That's locally, on the EE here, and on other online places. I think people are getting tapped out and the holidays are here. Just peruse the EE and you'll see several ads that are old, several are even good deals.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By spyderboy03:
Yea this confuses me.
Must be very regional.

Just curious.  Armslist, or Montana Gun Trader?  I gave up on Armslist long ago, and I'm sure I'm not alone in that.  I'm actually a bit surprised to see the name mentioned as I expected Armslist to have gone completely extinct by now.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 3:28:06 AM EDT
[#27]
I have things at good prices just sitting as do several friends.
View Quote
If its sitting, then the price really isn't that good.  The market is changing almost weekly, especially this time of year...so what was considered decent even a month or two ago isn't now.  Plus, so much of the stuff has been artificially inflated for so long, that people have simply stopped buying.  Its not that they can't afford it, they've finally decided they really don't need it.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 11:14:01 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Jason280:

If its sitting, then the price really isn't that good.  
View Quote

So hypothetically, lets say something sells retail for $100 or more most places PLUS sales tax (if at a store), and if online, sales tax, shipping, and hazmat.
Or you could buy local from a individual for $85 cash.
Which is the better deal?

He was not wrong, there are lots of good deals/prices, just no one is buying, even at good prices. It is not just gun/ammo related stuff either.
It is 100% a buyers market right now. Just hardly anyone has spare cash to spend on this stuff.
Unless it is on a select few websites apparently.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 11:46:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: lazyengineer] [#29]

So hypothetically, lets say something sells retail for $100 or more most places PLUS sales tax (if at a store), and if online, sales tax, shipping, and hazmat.

He was not wrong, there are lots of good deals/prices, just no one is buying, even at good prices. It is not just gun/ammo related stuff either.
It is 100% a buyers market right now. Just hardly anyone has spare cash to spend on this stuff.
View All Quotes

Depends on the item.  A second hand sourced component like that is always lower market value than a retail outlet, which has a name, warehouse. Chain-of-custody, impossible to be contaminated, known provinance, etc - vs Some Guy On The Internet.  

At present, the market is saying if desperate enough to pay drastically more than worth, might as well buy retail.  What it means them not moving at 8 cents now, is the very essence of this thread.  Retail on demand is now an option.  And 8 cents for second-hand  is still too high for the market and not sufficiently lower than available retail to justify.  A market, which knows they really should be closer to 5 or 6.  

Post for 6 cents and they'll move.  Keep waiting, and as retail starts to fall, they won't move at 5 even.

I will buy second hand reloading compounds sometimes.  I personally won't touch it even half retail - and that's FtF no shipping no tax.  Right now, I view good-shopping retail primers in the 8+ cent zone.  Meaning those are going to.need to be 5 cents delivered for me to take seriously, and 4 cents before it's an autobuy.  That's how I shop at least.  

Link Posted: 11/27/2022 2:30:45 PM EDT
[#30]
when you look at the law of supply and demand, what is currently taking place from what I see on the big websites, is a supply increase and demand increase. It is rather odd, most are not selling because of the price.

There are tons of primmers for sale on the site. And some of them are a total joke. Hazmat fee, insane shipping,taxes,plus another site fee for the more you spend. you see prices that atract your eye, and then find out it is only 200 count.

I look at the ending soonest, to see what they go for. I have been watching two bricks of CCI LR no.34. was $180 last might, now $200. The seller has a $60  H/S fee, plus sales tax and a site fee of about $ 5

The vast majority have zero bids. It seems like 10 cents is the number to move them, which really ends up 12 to 13 cents to your door.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 3:56:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Wirebrush:
Just curious.  Armslist, or Montana Gun Trader?  I gave up on Armslist long ago, and I'm sure I'm not alone in that.  I'm actually a bit surprised to see the name mentioned as I expected Armslist to have gone completely extinct by now.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Wirebrush:

Montana gun trader.

I've got a few like new and brand new items listed below what 99% of online or local places are selling for. Black Friday may change that percentage, but I'm not just pulling that out of my butt. Whenever I list something I look at what I paid, what several sites are charging (primary arms, aim, right to bear, ar15discounts, etc), and I look at the EE. There a quite a few items on the EE that are a good deal (I don't need to buy) that would have sold in a heartbeat 6 months ago, that have been sitting. People aren't looking for a good deal right now, they are looking for a great deal.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 5:52:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By lokifox:

Winchester has the contract for the Lake City ammunition plant now.
View Quote

Sooo…. That begs the question or questions:

1.  Are these #41 primers made by Olin in East Alton?

2.  Or were they made by Olin at the Lake City arsenal?

3.  If these are made in East Alton and then trucked to Lake City, when or where does the truck driver stop to fuel up and pee?

Just kidding….

When Federal had the Lake City arsenal contract, did Federal sell #41 primers (presumably extra or surplus primers)?

Link Posted: 11/27/2022 6:03:18 PM EDT
[#33]

Depends on the item.  A second hand sourced component like that is always lower market value than a retail outlet, which has a name, warehouse. Chain-of-custody, impossible to be contaminated, known provinance, etc - vs Some Guy On The Internet.  

At present, the market is saying if desperate enough to pay drastically more than worth, might as well buy retail.  What it means them not moving at 8 cents now, is the very essence of this thread.  Retail on demand is now an option.  And 8 cents for second-hand  is still too high for the market and not sufficiently lower than available retail to justify.  A market, which knows they really should be closer to 5 or 6.  

Post for 6 cents and they'll move.  Keep waiting, and as retail starts to fall, they won't move at 5 even.

I will buy second hand reloading compounds sometimes.  I personally won't touch it even half retail - and that's FtF no shipping no tax.  Right now, I view good-shopping retail primers in the 8+ cent zone.  Meaning those are going to.need to be 5 cents delivered for me to take seriously, and 4 cents before it's an autobuy.  That's how I shop at least.  

View Quote

On that whole provenance thing….post Sandy Hook, when I sold off a bunch of primers, it was mainly to my “friends” who I used to shoot pistol matches with.

So at least it wasn’t some sketchy face to face meet up in a Walmart or McDonald’s parking lot with some stranger.

That saying “one in the hand is worth two in the bush”….well, yeah, it was $194.81 out the door last night for two bricks of those #41 primers.

Now, given current conditions in the St. Louis metro area, I think I would rather spend the extra 20 or 30 bucks per brick to buy from a legit retail store versus sketchy parking lot meet up when the other guy knows I have say $250 to $500 in cash on me.

I have never bought primers, powder, brass, or bullets via the internet (and then had it shipped to the house).

Link Posted: 11/27/2022 10:25:01 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

Same here. If I’m meeting up in a parking lot somewhere to swap cash for primers they need to be 5-6 cents per primer. And be prepared for me to look at every sleeve of primers. I did a 5,000 1:1 LR for SP swap back in 2020 and the dude stiffed me for 30 primers in a sleeve. Didn’t notice it until a few months later when I went to use them, and I’m sure he didn’t take the 30 out the morning of the deal and snicker at me on the drive home, but I’m not going to hand over a box of 5k and take someone’s word that their 5K is whole ever again. It’s not the money, but the principal of the matter for me.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 12:40:40 AM EDT
[#35]
View Quote
What people are selling for right now is irrelevant...what people are actually willing to pay is what matters.  Just because the local price is better, still doesn't mean its a price people are willing to pay...and this is a concept a lot of sellers have a difficult time wrapping their heads around.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 10:04:30 PM EDT
[#36]
This will likely help:

Attachment Attached File

That was from rattlecan's thread here .

Given things being what they are, I'd say plus or minus a bit, that's when they are planning on their primer production exceeding their internal consumption. Them bringing that plant online is a two step win for us:
  1. They stop buying primers for their AAC ammo which increases supply to us schmucks
  2. They inject new supply into the chain
We could be seeing $.05 or even $.04 SRP primers by next Christmas. I wonder if they will simplify things and just have one sku for SRP, LRP, SPP, LPP. Just do everything for magnum/high pressure.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 12:03:41 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Landshark9025:
This will likely help:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/365808/Screenshot_2022-11-28_at_8_54_52_PM_png-2617363.JPG

That was from rattlecan's thread here .

Given things being what they are, I'd say plus or minus a bit, that's when they are planning on their primer production exceeding their internal consumption. Them bringing that plant online is a two step win for us:
  1. They stop buying primers for their AAC ammo which increases supply to us schmucks
  2. They inject new supply into the chain
We could be seeing $.05 or even $.04 SRP primers by next Christmas. I wonder if they will simplify things and just have one sku for SRP, LRP, SPP, LPP. Just do everything for magnum/high pressure.
View Quote

Seems wishful to expect them to come out of the gate at half or better the going rate.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 1:32:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lazyengineer] [#38]
Down to 7.7 cents now, delivered for SPP.  (American Reloading)

That's partly the collapse of the Turkish Lyra exchange rate, which is the same reason you can get MP5's for $1k and 1911's for $300 now.  All of which are historically good deals, should you have interest.  Turkish stuff actually is pretty good, so no reason to think the primers won't be as well.

I'm probably going to continue to sit, but TBH, go get 'em in this case, as I'd love for Turkish manufacturers and importers see a bottomless market for one of their finished products (primers), here in the USA, and step up the production.  

Link Posted: 12/2/2022 7:02:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Trollslayer] [#39]
Your "bust open" may turn out to be a very slow, gradual shift back in the direction of normalcy.  

Let's hope that shift is a continuing trend and not a momentary blip.

My personal sense of this situation is one where the market is being manipulated rather than one of simple supply and demand.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 8:42:47 PM EDT
[#40]
That's partly the collapse of the Turkish Lyra exchange rate, which is the same reason you can get MP5's for $1k

View Quote

The $1K MP5 clones are why I'm going to need more primers soon... I've been using CCI SRP for 9mm and it works great in the AP5 and my Glocks 26&34, but theyre going faster now that I have an AP5.

Sub recipe:
Mixed 9mm brass
CCI SPP or SRP
3.5gr Titegroup
147 berry's plated round nose @ 1.15"
Makes 950-1000fps from the 5.25" Glock, haven't chrono'd it from the 8.x" AP5 but it's easy to tell it's staying subsonic.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 10:41:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WeimaranerDad] [#41]
Originally Posted By Trollslayer:
Your "bust open" may turn out to be a very slow, gradual shift back in the direction of normalcy.  

Let's hope that shift is a continuing trend and not a momentary blip.

My personal sense of this situation is one where the market is being manipulated rather than one of simple supply and demand.
View Quote

Boggles my mind.

One of the things we keep hearing from the CEO’s of Federal (Vista?) and Winchester (Olin) is:

“There were X million first time gun buyers in 2020.  If each newbie gun buyer bought just 50 rounds of ammo, then that was 50 gazillion rounds that needed to be made.  That is why there is such short supply.”

Okay, yeah, sure that makes sense for say 9mm. 40S&W, .45 ACP, .380, .38 Special, .223, and .308 .

But where did all the shotgun ammo go?

Where did all the shotgun primers go?

Did a bunch of people buy  Remington 870’s  and Maverick 88’s too, in the spring of 2020 and then say “Where did all the buckshot with the Flite Control Wads go?  Oh, okay guess I’ll have to settle for some Black Cloud  or Winchester AA’s “ ?

And now finally after 2.5 years, AA’s are starting to come back to the shelves (in bulk).  Oh you’re looking for 28 gauge or .410?  Forget about it!

I still haven’t seen a Winchester 209 primer, a Federal 209 primer, a Remington 209 primer, or a CCI 209 primer in like 3 .5 years.

Link Posted: 12/2/2022 11:09:44 PM EDT
[#42]
^^^All that said, my reloading “mentee” went to the Springfield , IL Scheels today to buy primers.

He bought two bricks at $85 each.

One brick of small pistol magnums.

One brick of large pistol magnums.

I had told him a few weeks back that I would sell him a brick of primers for what I had paid for them.!

But he said he would hold onto those two bricks of magnums for a rainy day.

Just in case….
Link Posted: 12/3/2022 1:01:08 AM EDT
[#43]
Local shop has had the same 4 bricks of CCI 41 primers for 119 a brick. Natches is selling for 109, so local is prob cheaper after haz and shipping. I’m still holding off, I’d love to see the $25 wolf SRM556 primers appear again but know that’s not likely so I’ll settle for $50 556 primers.
Link Posted: 12/3/2022 11:32:40 AM EDT
[#44]

What people are selling for right now is irrelevant...what people are actually willing to pay is what matters.  Just because the local price is better, still doesn't mean its a price people are willing to pay...and this is a concept a lot of sellers have a difficult time wrapping their heads around.
View Quote

What you fail to address, is that people are still buying/paying the inflated online prices with no end in sight.
Granted primers may stay in stock for a few days now, instead of a few minutes, or hours like in the past. But they are still selling out with regularity.
They are not staying in stock so long places are putting them on clearance to try and move them as they are setting on tons of inventory.
Link Posted: 12/3/2022 11:49:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PointBlank82] [#45]

What you fail to address, is that people are still buying/paying the inflated online prices with no end in sight.
Granted primers may stay in stock for a few days now, instead of a few minutes, or hours like in the past. But they are still selling out with regularity.
They are not staying in stock so long places are putting them on clearance to try and move them as they are setting on tons of inventory.
View All Quotes

Yup, I refused to buy any for a couple years but given inflation and availability took the plunge on those AR cci #500.

When I see cci #34 available in quantity for around $95/k delivered I'm gonna buy 10k of those too.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 3:08:26 AM EDT
[#46]
Here's what the used/resell market is looking like now for primers (and powders) via the EE boards.

" />

Almost none of the offerings even have a reply.  Of the few that do, none of those replies are an "I'll Take It".  

Pricing is roughly on the order of 9-10 cents/primer in the forum right now.

Link Posted: 12/7/2022 1:55:48 PM EDT
[#47]
The LGS that is going out of business still had a bunch of powder on the shelf yesterday.  They had 2 bricks of Cheddite primers too.

They must have thought that another LGS was going to buy up all their reloading stuff.

NOPE!

So I got 3 one pounders of HP-38 yesterday.  All reloading stuff is 20% off.  Those 3 bottles cost me $88.16 out the door.  I’ll have to take a look at the receipt, But that is $29.38  per bottle.

I totally blanked out on asking about if they ever heard anything more from Olin about primers.
Link Posted: 12/9/2022 10:58:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Trollslayer] [#48]
A very contrarian thought flashed through my one remaining neuron -

What if the current, piss-poor state of affairs is THE END OF RELOADING, not the beginning of a "return to normality"?  

What if the ever-so-slight improvement in supply of ammo and primers is due to winter setting in over the northern hemisphere and the reduced consumer demand.  What if the tiny reductions in price is just a minor "blip" caused slight decreased seasonal demand?  

Shortly after the new legislators are sworn in, Spring will be upon is and people will again start planning to go shooting, increasing demand.

The new primer manufacturers may also want to sell their products at 10 cents each - why not?

Inflation may continue raising the price of everything, including bullets, powder, brass, and the gas needed to get to the range.  

Whoa, BUMMER!

Link Posted: 12/10/2022 1:47:17 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 12/10/2022 11:11:08 AM EDT
[#50]
I have also had similar thoughts. But I try to be an optimist, but plan to have what I need for a long time.

I look back at both bama shortages as a learning lesson.

When we had the salad days of Trump, that was the time to stack deep. Glad I did.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Trollslayer:
A very contrarian thought flashed through my one remaining neuron -

What if the current, piss-poor state of affairs is THE END OF RELOADING, not the beginning of a "return to normality"?  

What if the ever-so-slight improvement in supply of ammo and primers is due to winter setting in over the northern hemisphere and the reduced consumer demand.  What if the tiny reductions in price is just a minor "blip" caused slight decreased seasonal demand?  

Shortly after the new legislators are sworn in, Spring will be upon is and people will again start planning to go shooting, increasing demand.

The new primer manufacturers may also want to sell their products at 10 cents each - why not?

Inflation may continue raising the price of everything, including bullets, powder, brass, and the gas needed to get to the range.  

Whoa, BUMMER!

I have also had similar thoughts. But I try to be an optimist, but plan to have what I need for a long time.

I look back at both bama shortages as a learning lesson.

When we had the salad days of Trump, that was the time to stack deep. Glad I did.

Ditto. The $5k I sunk into primers and powder during Trump Salad Days ensures I have a choice now on what I purchase.

Frankly, at $200-250/k for 9mm I'm out of the 9mm reloading game. $300/k for 223 will be the same.

My time will again go towards 45ACP/10MM/308/300WM. Cartridges that pay out well for my limited free time.
Page / 16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top