User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 8:10:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Agreed. I can get basically any spherical powder I need (load on a dillon), it's the primers that are tough to get. I have enough to last me a while, but I guess when I start to see them return I need to stack deeper.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Most of my local shops are stocked with powder.

It’s primers that are sold out everywhere.

Agreed. I can get basically any spherical powder I need (load on a dillon), it's the primers that are tough to get. I have enough to last me a while, but I guess when I start to see them return I need to stack deeper.

Same here.  I realized I need to start thinking about primers in terms of tens-of-thousands on hand, not thousands on hand.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 11:14:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Any guesses on how long the shortage will last?
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 1:27:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I think it’s a mix of non essential employees staying home so less primers and general material are/were being made. But also that manufacturers are fulfilling contracts with outside ammunition manufacturers and their own needs.

The civilian reloading market is lower on the priority list.
View Quote

I think another factor is all the people at home, who are either getting into reloading or are bored, so they are reloading.

We have been told to stay home through December. Once it gets cooler out, I'll be knocking out some ammo. I am concerned about job loss or being furloughed, so i am not spending money. I bought all my components in the years after SH.

Link Posted: 7/27/2020 1:30:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

I really think it is election dependent. If Trump stays, I'd assume things would normalize by the end of 2021. Biden, i think it would be a frenzy up until he starts passing legislation.

Link Posted: 7/27/2020 2:07:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Same here.  I realized I need to start thinking about primers in terms of tens-of-thousands on hand, not thousands on hand.
View Quote

I've was buying primers at every chance.  Oh, I need more of those and those, every gun show.

Then I consolidated them into storage containers. It was then that I realized, I'm good........

Same with powder and bullets.

And my wife wonders why I keep all of "this stuff"....

Now she knows......
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 2:41:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I really think it is election dependent. If Trump stays, I'd assume things would normalize by the end of 2021. Biden, i think it would be a frenzy up until he starts passing legislation.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah that is what I figured.

I picked a bad time to get started reloading....
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 2:49:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Bad, but at least not the worst.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 3:01:32 PM EDT
[#8]
I can't imagine prices ever being as low as they were the last couple years.  There has to be some inflation going forward.  Can there really possibly continue to be $.05-.07 for 9mm and $.08-.10 for 45 ACP?  I am good on powder and primers.  Then I realized I couldn't use them if I didn't have bullets.  I'm panic buying a shit load of bullets.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 11:13:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Getting into reloading is like planting a tree.

The best time to do it is 10 or 20 years ago.

The second best time to do it is now.
Link Posted: 7/31/2020 11:30:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Poor planning.
Link Posted: 7/31/2020 12:52:13 PM EDT
[#11]
I just got a 6.5CM and couldn't find H4350 locally so I bought some Superformance and worked up some really good loads.

Was in the store recently and they had H4350 on the shelf!  14# came home with me.

At least I stocked up on Fed GM215M when they were in stock.  The next time I'll need any is after this barrel is burned out.

Powder supplies locally are pretty good.  Plenty of CFE223, CFE Pistol, 8208, etc. - the ones that are somewhat universal.
Link Posted: 7/31/2020 3:02:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I can't imagine prices ever being as low as they were the last couple years.  There has to be some inflation going forward.  Can there really possibly continue to be $.05-.07 for 9mm and $.08-.10 for 45 ACP?  I am good on powder and primers.  Then I realized I couldn't use them if I didn't have bullets.  I'm panic buying a shit load of bullets.
View Quote

@big_aug

Sign up for the American Reloading email alerts. I just got some pullled 230 gr fmj from them this morning for $112/k shipped... they sold out in hours.
Link Posted: 7/31/2020 4:43:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

@big_aug

Sign up for the American Reloading email alerts. I just got some pullled 230 gr fmj from them this morning for $112/k shipped... they sold out in hours.
View Quote

@PointBlank82

I picked up 2k 230gr TMJ and 2k 55gr LOS myself.

Link Posted: 9/18/2020 10:20:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Just got 1000 124gr Gold Dot projectiles from Midway, now I need to find FMJ projectiles in bulk.
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 11:38:10 AM EDT
[#15]
I have another 230lbs of bullets coming from Zero Bullet today.

The 147gr 9mm FMJ were backordered.  I don't need them any time soon though so it's not a big deal.

I may place another order with them just because but I have so many bullets right now that I don't know if I'll ever use them all.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top