Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 47
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 3:51:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Box received. Will post this weekend and send out once I have address.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 10:14:07 PM EDT
[#2]
As I got it:

What I took: 300 blackout and .40 brass

What I put in: large and small decappig pins, powder tray, 7mm and .30 collet for RCBS bullet pulled, 20 round box and rcbs handle for various tools.

Box going out tomorrow to next in line
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 1:18:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Tracking # sent to recipient
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 3:48:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Received tracking number, will post when I get it.
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 4:22:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey fellas, is this also a thread where I can ask questions about this?

If so, my question is, is there a minimum amount of stuff that you must add to the box? I see guys are adding what appears to be some very nice items and several at the same time from the same person.

I'm no cheap skate but I fear as the new guy I might be viewed as having robbed the place or something.

So I guess another question is, how do you keep your take and donation respectable?

Chad
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 6:36:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I just put in what I have extra or bought and don’t use for whatever reason. I also kinda go based on what I take out as to how much to put back in. YMMV.
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 10:19:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 9:43:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah its kinda like the penny jar. Throw in stuff you dont need, take what you can use. There have been several times I havent taken anything, just put stuff in
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 9:44:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Here are the rules (Per mods)

- To be added to the list PM dnmccoy and I will add you to it

- If you cant send the box to the next member in a timely fashion, do not ask for it

- Do not take anything from the box unless you have something to put into it (Must be reloading specific items)

- NO LIVE AMMO, primed cases are ok

- Keep all posts in this thread.

- When you get the box,post what you are taking and what you added.Post that it's ready to go and then check with the next person on the list to see if they are prepared for the box, If they are not skip to the next and let dnmccoy know

- While this is a pay it forward thread, please try to make sure anything donated is in good shape, single or beat up dies arnt that desirable and take up space in an already cramped box

- If you want added back onto the list, PM dnmccoy and I will throw you back in the mix

Next is directly from AeroE

- If you fail to ship the box to the next person, your account is in danger of being locked. Keep your tracking number to show that you actually shipped it in case the box is lost enroute.

Now that thats done, on to the fun stuff

List of interested parties

Box holder =  jojo4711 enroute to LeadRx

- Brotherbadger
- nopowerintheverse
- dnmccoy 20
- Wild Earp
- Kingston_fisher
- FB41
- 00sDime00
- Thebig1

PM dnmccoy to be added to the list

Things to remember
- Please,please,please re-inforce the box. Right now its in a Large Flat rate box, as you can see in my last pic, I got a few extra boxes and cut them up, to re-inforce the box
- If you add small items such as shell holders,gas checks or misc pieces of brass, please use a zip loc bag or something to keep them from going everywhere. I had to clean up 1000 gas checks where the box broke open
- If you add a small box such as dies,bullets etc.. PLEASE secure the box with some tape,glue etc
- When you get shipping info, PLEASE SAVE THE TRACKING NUMBER! If the box doesnt make it, its the only proof you have that you ACTUALLY shipped it
- And remember to post pics!

I want to thank everyone involved so far, this has gone better than I could have imagined! Lets hope we can keep it going!
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 11:51:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Got the package this morning, here's what I took/added:

I took: bag of stripper clips, large recapping pins x5, the 2x 458 socom brass, and the plastic cartridge box.

I'm adding: 54x 30-06 brass and some assorted projectiles. UPDATE: I added about 100 .224 projectiles, I can't remember the exact name of them but they are 50 grain fragmenting hollow points.

I'll post an update when I get home and then ship it out tomorrow before I get to work.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 3:10:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Box has been shipped and tracking sent to receiver.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 9:19:19 PM EDT
[#12]

- If you cant send the box to the next member in a timely fashion, do not ask for it

- Do not take anything from the box unless you have something to put into it (Must be reloading specific items)

- When you get the box,post what you are taking and what you added.Post that it's ready to go and then check with the next person on the list to see if they are prepared for the box, If they are not skip to the next and let dnmccoy know

- While this is a pay it forward thread, please try to make sure anything donated is in good shape, single or beat up dies arnt that desirable and take up space in an already cramped box

- If you want added back onto the list, PM dnmccoy and I will throw you back in the mix

- If you fail to ship the box to the next person, your account is in danger of being locked. Keep your tracking number to show that you actually shipped it in case the box is lost enroute.

Box holder = LeadRx enroute to Brotherbadger

- nopowerintheverse
- dnmccoy 20
- Wild Earp
- Kingston_fisher
- FB41
- 00sDime00
- Thebig1
- 99avant
- lcoates33

Things to remember
- Please,please,please re-inforce the box. Right now its in a Large Flat rate box, as you can see in my last pic, I got a few extra boxes and cut them up, to re-inforce the box
- If you add small items such as shell holders,gas checks or misc pieces of brass, please use a zip loc bag or something to keep them from going everywhere. I had to clean up 1000 gas checks where the box broke open
- If you add a small box such as dies,bullets etc.. PLEASE secure the box with some tape,glue etc
- When you get shipping info, PLEASE SAVE THE TRACKING NUMBER! If the box doesnt make it, its the only proof you have that you ACTUALLY shipped it

I want to thank everyone involved so far, this has gone better than I could have imagined! Lets hope we can keep it going!
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:31:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Got the box. Ill sort through and send it out after work.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 9:03:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Here's the box. Already mailed it out. I'll pm him the tracking number.

Here's what i added:

26 of the 30-06 (they are brass,  they are just tarnished from too much lemishine)
Filled the bag with 45 ACP.
30-06 lee case trimmer

I had a list of everything,  but i misplaced it after mailing the box.

Here's what i took:

Box of hornady 22 cal bullets
.270 WBY dies
RCBS tool handle
1 BMG case
2 converted 300 BO cases.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 11:47:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 7:32:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Got the box in Friday, will go through it tonight. It had some holes in it and looked generally horrible, but nothing seems to be missing. I'll ship it in a new box, I don't think this one has any life left.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 8:47:38 PM EDT
[#17]

Box holder =  nopowerintheverse enroute to dnmccoy 20

- Wild Earp
- Kingston_fisher
- FB41
- 00sDime00
- Thebig1
- 99avant
- lcoates33

Things to remember

Link Posted: 10/17/2017 4:17:27 AM EDT
[#18]
I have gone through the box, will post an update with photos. I had some personal business come up and I will be delayed a couple of days in shipping.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 4:27:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Alright, here we go. The shipping box was falling apart so I put everything in a new box.

Here's what I took:

.41 and .38 cases and bullets
.30 puller collet
.44 bullets
.45 ACP large primer cases

Here's what I added:

Quart bag of .40 S&W brass
Quart bag of 9mm brass

I'll try to get the box mailed today.
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 4:28:30 AM EDT
[#20]
Mailing out today. Tracking info sent.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 2:26:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Alright, apparently I left out a set of RCBS 7mm Mag dies. This was totally by accident as I have no use for them.

How shall I proceed?
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 8:38:48 AM EDT
[#22]
GD post removed. dryflash3
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 8:58:22 AM EDT
[#23]
GD post removed. dryflash3
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 11:19:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 6:37:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I would IM the person who you sent the box and tell them to add the dies you are sending before they send the box on to the next person.

I was going to wait for the OP to call this one, but due to the GD posts (2 previous posts) I replied.
View Quote
IM sent.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 8:50:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Sorry, have been out of reach most of the day, teh box and the dies are enroute to me. I will reconnect them and get the box outbound again
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 10:24:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 5:32:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Box made it in today, I will post a report tomorrow and get it on its way once the 7mm dies get here
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 7:42:42 AM EDT
[#29]
Status update on the box?
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 1:55:43 PM EDT
[#30]

Box holder =  dnmccoy 20 enroute to Wild Earp

- Kingston_fisher
- FB41
- 00sDime00
- Thebig1
- 99avant
- lcoates33
- jojo4711
- dnmccoy 21

Things to remember

Link Posted: 11/9/2017 2:02:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Ive got the box, and its hitting the road today. Luckily Ive gotten some OT with the inclement weather so have been a little busy. I also wanted to wait until I could do a full post because I need to remind everyone that we need to secure the baggies in the box. When I went to pick it up at the PO, the box had busted on the side and where 9,40 and .380 had littered all over the PO. I got my ass ripped by the postmaster who was trying to tell me it was illegal to ship cades etc..

Regardless, we need to make sure we secure the baggies. I opened the box to take a look around and found this:

Not a good sight.

I bagged up what I could and threw whatever was left in a pile to go through later. Im guessing its mostly 9 and 40.

Heres what the box is looking like:

Other than the misc crap that was loose I didnt take anything, no real need at the moment. I also culled what I believe is a MEC spring thing thats been in there forever. If you want it let me know

I added to the full bag of .40 and  some 30/06

This is the 20th time its made it back around to me, thanks to all for keeping it going!
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 2:47:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 6:48:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Wow, I used the old box as a liner in the new box, taped up the bags of 9 and 40, and taped up the box pretty well.

They must have played soccer with that box!
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 8:33:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Yeah its not the first time, its ok. I just hate it the 140 year old lady at the PO ripped my ass in front of 30 people when I picked it up
Link Posted: 11/10/2017 7:18:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Shame when people don't know the rules for their job. I don't think I coulda resisted an "educational experience"...
Link Posted: 11/12/2017 1:05:38 AM EDT
[#36]
Please add me back on the list
Link Posted: 11/13/2017 9:50:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Just got it and ready to ship, just need address emailed. The box is getting tired, but the wife has fresh ones at her work. It looks like it was in a truck with bad shocks for a long journey.   I took pics and will post them when I get more time.

I grabbed the 30.06 brass, the .50BMG piece of brass, and the small RCBS decap pins.  

Since I not only don't color within the lines, I don't read directions too well either.  I didn't have much for reloading/cases/ brass, so I threw in 4 handfuls of cleaned and mixed .45ACP brass to keep the theme.  I also added some goodies that I KNOW will find a good home.  If the next person doesn't want the stuff and I get in trouble, just remove the items and put them in your junk bin.  That is where I got them from, my junk bin. If the next recipient is an SKS fan, you WILL be happy.

I am smoking chicken, working on two car door poppers, getting the box ready, and opening Amazon orders.  I only ordered one rear shock and need two.  I used to be better at multi-tasking.......had to have the wife mix a bourbon and coke to keep the evening in check.

I will keep thinking about it and try to remember where I might have some more reloading stuff before the AM.

If I got it right, it looks like @kingston_fisher is the next shipto......IM sentr
Link Posted: 11/14/2017 1:24:02 AM EDT
[#38]
I didn't take a pic of the .45ACP  brass because it is just .45 brass.  A nice pile.  Here are the pics I had time to take, first two images are stuff I can use:  

I changed out a couple thin bags with replacements and re-taped some things.  

I

Link Posted: 11/14/2017 8:58:26 AM EDT
[#39]
There is still time for me to take that stuff out.  Send IM if not appropriate.  
Link Posted: 11/14/2017 9:43:27 AM EDT
[#40]

Box Holder =  Wild Earp

- Kingston_fisher
- FB41
- 00sDime00
- Thebig1
- 99avant
- lcoates33
- jojo4711
- dnmccoy 21
- Brotherbadger

Things to remember

Link Posted: 11/14/2017 9:45:25 AM EDT
[#41]
It'll be ok, well try not to make a habit of it
Link Posted: 11/14/2017 9:47:37 AM EDT
[#42]
It'll be ok, well try not to make a habit of it
Link Posted: 11/14/2017 1:40:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Still need an address.  Today's shipping window closes at 1500.  I will be traveling until Monday. IM sent too.
Link Posted: 11/14/2017 5:36:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Still need an address.  Today's shipping window closes at 1500.  I will be traveling until Monday. https://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/icon_smile_wink.gif IM sent too.
View Quote
@kingston_fisher
Link Posted: 11/14/2017 9:17:59 PM EDT
[#45]
I emailed my address last night but just in case it didn't  go though I IM'd it tonight.
Link Posted: 11/18/2017 11:42:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Received the box yesterday and finished going through it tonight.

As it was opened:
Attachment Attached File

All of the baggies and boxes took out:
Attachment Attached File

What I took:
(The flashlight, some of the 45 ACP after I sorted out the small pistol primers, the Minimaglight holster, a piece of 219 zipper, and a piece of 30 Rem AR.)
Attachment Attached File

What I added:
Various brass (pictured). uzi mag loaders, loading blocks, stripper clips, other small items (not pictured)
Attachment Attached File

Here is the box ready for a shipping label.  I have the next person's info and will print a label and ship Monday at lunch time.
Attachment Attached File

Also there was a wraparound 1911 grip that had gotten smashed in the box that the plastic had deteriorated and cracked.  I tossed it and the fogged up chicom scope in the trash to make room.
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 12:04:28 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 12:59:11 PM EDT
[#48]

Box Holder =   Kingston_fisher

- FB41
- 00sDime00
- Thebig1
- 99avant
- lcoates33
- jojo4711
- dnmccoy 21
- Brotherbadger

Things to remember

Link Posted: 11/20/2017 1:53:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Nice report, sounds like the 2 items you threw out needed it.
View Quote
Yup, junk bin stuff.  I never used the scope, kinda wish I had at least looked through it and trashed it myself.  I usually cut the wrap around part off the grips if I use them, but they were probably Hogues.  I hate their rubber grips.
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 3:11:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 47
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top