Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2010 6:57:55 PM EDT
They are all under max case length, should I worry about trimming? Or should I trim them all down to a universal length for consistency?
Link Posted: 8/11/2010 7:06:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/11/2010 8:08:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/11/2010 8:13:05 PM EDT
[#3]
You say they are all under max length?  If it's for plinking, don't bother.  If for matches, trim all to same length.
Link Posted: 8/11/2010 8:48:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I would trim after sizing, then debur. Depends on your trimming method, and what kind of loads you will use them for.

If I were going to use them for precession loads, I would also uniform the PP's and debur the flashole.

As far a safety is concerned, if they are less than 1.761, no need to trim.

They will be for 77gr SMK "match" loads. Which for me, are pretty much just .5 MOA plinking rounds. I don't have a PP uniformer, but I do debur the flash hole.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:19:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Just want to validate this, If I want to make precision loads, I should trim to mmaximum uniform OAL?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top