BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:18:02 AM EDT
[#1]
That'a what I want to do as well. If you find anything out please holler back.
Link Posted: 9/27/2010 11:16:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Anyone making SBR barrels or can you order them from ATI?
Link Posted: 9/28/2010 5:41:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I believe you order the P or the PK barrel depending on the length you want. Though I think you will have to have some other bits like the handguard and the cocking tube assembly to get the PK to work.
Link Posted: 11/20/2010 3:42:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I have been looking at the GSG-5 Slimline Handguards.  Just couldn't bring myself to pay $70 for one.  Decided just to make my own. Cost $29.70 for 2 full sized handguards.

http://i609.photobucket.com/albums/tt173/Kirk1957/GSG-5/Slimforegrip.jpg?1290285654
Link Posted: 1/17/2011 8:58:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Bubba1985:
I have been looking at the GSG-5 Slimline Handguards.  Just couldn't bring myself to pay $70 for one.  Decided just to make my own. Cost $29.70 for 2 full sized handguards.

http://i609.photobucket.com/albums/tt173/Kirk1957/GSG-5/Slimforegrip.jpg?1290285654

Looks really good. Did they come black or did you have to paint them? Robertrtg.com has them in jungle green brand new for 7.50. All you have to do is dye or paint them black.
Link Posted: 4/15/2011 9:08:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eddienyr] [#6]
Can you buy a short barrel and have a suppressor welded to it to get the 16" OAL without getting in trouble?
Link Posted: 4/18/2011 2:02:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By eddienyr:
Can you buy a short barrel and have a suppressor welded to it to get the 16" OAL without getting in trouble?

"Technically", yes.  The first page in this topic (about half way down) has a thread on that.  You can get the barrel with the can attached and save the SBR stamp.  But my understanding is that the can and barrel have to be mated BEFORE they come near the gun or trouble could happen.  So you couldn't buy them and keep them all in the same drawer until assembly begins.  "Constructive possession" and all that.
Link Posted: 11/4/2011 10:58:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Want to remove the 16" barrel and install the SBR 9" barrel. What adapter is needed which has 1/2 x 28 threads.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 6:27:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Silley,
What kind of rail do you have to mount this scope on your GSG-5? I have this scope and a piciteny rail that is just a little to short to fit over that rectangle protrusion over the rear rail mount. What the hell is that for anyway. I see no purpose for it? I need some kind of rail that will go over that. Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 7:19:29 PM EDT
[#10]
I just bought a GSG5 on Budsgunshop and ATI is running a $30 rebate.  With the rebate, the rifle cost me $165.

one hundred. and sixty-five. dollars.  

I should have bought 2.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 7:57:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By blackchild:
I just bought a GSG5 on Budsgunshop and ATI is running a $30 rebate.  With the rebate, the rifle cost me $165.

I should have bought 2.
View Quote

You should have. At that price, I would. I ordered one for $260 yesterday.

ON TOPIC:

Is anyone still making SBR barrels? I do plan on SBRing this one. Eventually I'll get a can.

Anyone still making something like the B&T stock? I'd like a side folder and like the look of that one.

Seems a lot of the GSG-5 stuff was pretty big in 08 and 09, but has calmed down since.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 2:02:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: retiredsubdriver] [#12]
Purchased an ICS adjustable folding stock that fit my GSG-522SD without any modifications.  Purchased from evike.com. Has adjustable cheek rest and stock length. Really happy with it. (I know I would need to lower the cheek rest in the fold picture to prevent blocking ejection port).

http://i58.tinypic.com/2iixs00.jpg
http://i57.tinypic.com/25fhqur.jpg
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 11:37:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Matthew_Q:

ON TOPIC:

Is anyone still making SBR barrels? I do plan on SBRing this one. Eventually I'll get a can.

Anyone still making something like the B&T stock? I'd like a side folder and like the look of that one.

Seems a lot of the GSG-5 stuff was pretty big in 08 and 09, but has calmed down since.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I should have bought 2.

ON TOPIC:

TAG for answers
Link Posted: 4/1/2016 2:43:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By spirit-of-76:

TAG for answers
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By spirit-of-76:

I should have bought 2.

ON TOPIC:

TAG for answers

I bought my 9 inch barrel direct from ATI.  Had to call them, they didn't list it on their website.  But they were in stock.  $65 I think.  
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top