Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/29/2019 9:03:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Becker Brute!! Post when you can.
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 4:18:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Those are some cool older knives.  I remember seeing most of them around back in the day except that Spyderco Mariner, really neat knife.
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 4:50:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Becker Brute!! Post when you can.
View Quote
Will do, whenever I find it.

Quoted:
Those are some cool older knives.  I remember seeing most of them around back in the day except that Spyderco Mariner, really neat knife.
View Quote
Thanks - that Mariner makes short work of rope, cord, straps etc...
Link Posted: 6/7/2019 7:03:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Found the Brute.  Crappy light, had to monkey with processing to get details, so it looks like hammered dog crap.  Anywhos, I like it, makes short work clearing brush the couple of times I've used it for that.  Not something I'd carry around if I didn't need it due to the weight.  Finish is holding up really well on mine.  Blade has some nicks and rolls, ran into some wire and small nails buried in the wood of some of the last bunch of brush.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/7/2019 8:28:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Found the Brute.  Crappy light, had to monkey with processing to get details, so it looks like hammered dog crap.  Anywhos, I like it, makes short work clearing brush the couple of times I've used it for that.  Not something I'd carry around if I didn't need it due to the weight.  Finish is holding up really well on mine.  Blade has some nicks and rolls, ran into some wire and small nails buried in the wood of some of the last bunch of brush.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/113647/_DSF0626cc2_-_Copy_jpg-972145.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/113647/_DSF0628cc2_-_Copy_jpg-972147.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/113647/_DSF0631cc2_-_Copy_jpg-972148.JPG
View Quote
Such a beast of a knife! It’s on my short list. Mr. Becker is a master of hard use knives.
Link Posted: 6/7/2019 8:39:46 PM EDT
[#6]
I love the blade shape on your Brute.  I bet it is a really nice chopper with that Kukri blade profile.
Link Posted: 6/7/2019 10:52:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Such a beast of a knife! It's on my short list. Mr. Becker is a master of hard use knives.
View Quote
Quoted:
I love the blade shape on your Brute.  I bet it is a really nice chopper with that Kukri blade profile.
View Quote
It's quite good for chopping duties.  Made quick work of the brush.  IMHO it works best between machete and camp axe work, will work at both if needed.  Best tool for the task and all that jazz.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top