Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 1:27:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There are some right purtty knives in this thread (and several people who take really nice photographs!), but does anyone actually use their knives?
View Quote
The thread didn't ask about your most favorite fixed blade 'that you use', just your favorite

Everything that I own and actually carry gets used.  Some are used less than others, but they are all users first.

ROCK6
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 1:54:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
There are some right purtty knives in this thread (and several people who take really nice photographs!), but does anyone actually use their knives?
View Quote
Yeah man, that's not what OP said! lol

I carry a Benchmade Auto Presidio 5000 or Auto Triage every day, but they're not fixed blades, and at 3.42" and 3.58" respectively, are shorter than the 4.5 - 6" range OP is looking for.

I used to carry my SRK when I ventured into the woods, and for camp use, but now it rests next to my Seki-produced SOG SEAL 2000, which never did anything but look cool. lol

If I was using a blade frequently, I'd wear the SRK.
If I actually thought I would have to get into a real knife fight, I'd wear the SEAL 2000 use a gun.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 9:34:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote
Exactly! What this guy said.

S/F

Al
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 2:24:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote
Of course. I bought 'em for using. Whether it's fieldcraft/bushcraft while backpacking, or simply using around the house.

That's one of the reasons I started getting into CPK knives. Nathan Carothers is one of the makers who actually designs, tests and then tweaks his knives specifically with performance in mind; everything from the blade shape, steel and heat treat, to the handle shapes.

Some makers tend to focus more on aesthetics, and produce knives that are truly works of art.

Likewise, some knife owners use their knives, and some just collect and admire them, just as some folks on a gun forum own guns they've never shot (and in some cases, like commemorative/decorative pieces, fully intend to never shoot). Nothing wrong with that.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 11:43:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
I use my Spew on a pretty daily basis although it still looks pretty much new aside from the dirtying 550 chord lanyard.  However I am usually carrying a griptillian 551 in AWT scales for my daily driver.  The fixed Ritter Grip stays on my ruck sack or accompanies me in the woods.  Admittadly my KaBars have more wear than my Ritter Grip though.

My daily driver(a folder):

EDC fixed(about 1 month old) :

Link Posted: 2/2/2018 12:13:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I use my Spew on a pretty daily basis although it still looks pretty much new aside from the dirtying 550 chord lanyard.  However I am usually carrying a griptillian 551 in AWT scales for my daily driver.  The fixed Ritter Grip stays on my ruck sack or accompanies me in the woods.  Admittadly my KaBars have more wear than my Ritter Grip though.

My daily driver(a folder):

EDC fixed(about 1 month old) :
View Quote
I'll have to look at the pics later when I get home- that image hosting site doesn't get through the .mil firewall.

Attachment Attached File

Sometimes it's difficult for me.... I see a great knife and I want it....want it bad....  I don't get to go out enough with the ones I have already.  I gave my ESEE-4 to my son since I have the -3 and -6.  I must control myself....
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 12:17:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'll have to look at the pics later when I get home- that image hosting site doesn't get through the .mil firewall.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/171243/Untitled-439009.JPG

Sometimes it's difficult for me.... I see a great knife and I want it....want it bad....  I don't get to go out enough with the ones I have already.  I gave my ESEE-4 to my son since I have the -3 and -6.  I must control myself....
View Quote
Sorry guys I'll have to rehost on imgur when i get home/off work.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 2:24:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/171243/Untitled-439009.JPG

I think it's only people behind a .mil firewall that can't see your pictures, and switching to imgur won't change that.  I'm sure they're showing just fine for everyone else.  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top