Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2017 10:45:50 PM EDT
So I was sharpening my large Sebenza on my Sharpmaker when I noticed I wasn’t getting rid of the burr on one side. I’m assuming this means the edge is uneven and needs to be reprofiled. Being that it’s S35VN, it’s my understanding that I’ll need a diamond stone, correct?

Also looking at maybe getting an Edge Pro as I am functionally retarded at sharpening knives. Looks like it would make short work of reprofiling and sharpening. Anyone have one or used one have any comments?
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 8:22:22 AM EDT
[#1]
If you aren't getting rid of the burr, you aren't running the actual edge down the stone.

Stropping will help remove the last of the burr.

Diamond stones are awesome even if not technically needed.  Get them anyways.

The edge pro and sharp maker operate on different principals and the edge they create is different in some nuanced ways.  Still have to deal with the burr though.

Once you go guided, you will never use the sharp maker again unless you take it to the field or something for touch ups.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 4:39:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you aren't getting rid of the burr, you aren't running the actual edge down the stone.

Stropping will help remove the last of the burr.

Diamond stones are awesome even if not technically needed.  Get them anyways.

The edge pro and sharp maker operate on different principals and the edge they create is different in some nuanced ways.  Still have to deal with the burr though.

Once you go guided, you will never use the sharp maker again unless you take it to the field or something for touch ups.
View Quote
Basically this.

I'd go WE over Edge Pro though
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top