Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2017 11:32:04 AM EDT
I'm getting offered a new unused AXE Hammer by Busse sold by Axelson Tactical on a firearms trade.  I don't own very many newer knives and the ones I do have I haven't paid over $50 for.  I was just curious on the resale value of this knife incase I would get it and decide I didn't want to keep it?  I see they are about $400 if they're in stock.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 12:01:20 PM EDT
[#1]
$400 seems reasonable.  Give or take it should stay there or increase slightly if you don't use it.

Is it INFI or sr101?

Both are superb steels, but collectors who should be your target buyers, have a strong preference for INFI.

Edit:  I went and looked, it is INFI.  

$400 isn't a screaming deal, but its within reason.   And it seems to be in stock now instead of having to wait forever.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 10:18:28 PM EDT
[#2]
All Axe Hammers are INFI.

The Axe Hammer came in two flavors ...

Combat Grade which had a sage color coated blade.
LE which had a satin and serial numbered blade.

Both were offered for sale with an added cost sheath (made by Dave Brown).

$400 is a good deal for a new Combat Grade if it has a sheath.  It would a SCREAMING deal for a LE.

I sold one of my CG for $475 recently (it had the sheath with it).
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 10:23:58 PM EDT
[#3]
As a related side ... the Axe Hammer is a great knife.  If you're accustom to $50 knives .... you may want to consider keeping the Busse.  I'd rather have one $400 Busse than one hundred $50 knives.  

Busse knives actually hold or increase in value.  Most other "brands" are commodities that decrease in value.

I've had five or six Axe Hammers over the years (CG and LE).  They really are outstanding (thin blade unlike most Busse products).
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top