Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2017 11:51:56 PM EDT
Anybody had an automatic knife serviced by Benchmade recently? I just acquired a 5500 with a broken spring and I'm debating sending it back or just getting the spring and installing it myself. I'm assuming going back would probably be the best option but vaguely recall hearing some issue or change in policy with automatic knife service?
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 12:03:44 AM EDT
[#1]
My infidel spring is jacked and it needs to go back but they will only return ship to an authorized dealer. There is some kind of fed law about shipping switchblades across state lines.

Haven't done it yet because it sounds like a huge pain in the ass.
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 1:18:57 AM EDT
[#2]
This is true per their website.  Must use an authorized dealer
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 1:26:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Have any friends in the public safety business?
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 7:25:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Have any friends in the public safety business?
View Quote
I am, does that help?
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 11:36:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I am, does that help?
View Quote
You can ship it back and forth yourself.

Go on the website and set up a professional account. You will have to send them a voided copy of your ID. There are considerable discounts involved as well.
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 1:52:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Go on the website and set up a professional account. You will have to send them a voided copy of your ID. There are considerable discounts involved as well.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am, does that help?

Cool, thanks
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 4:12:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Benchmade's Customer Service is OUTFUCKING STANDING! Three weeks ago I mailed my 12 year old AFO along with the required forms and a copy of my work ID. The knife had seen heavy service and I had just broken the tip. I may or may not have jimmied a deadbolt with it,  really don't know how it broke. But fast forward to today UPS delivers goodness from Oregon. They reshaped the blade, sharpened, and reanodized the handle. Since they didn't have a replacement blade they included a 30% off coupon. 

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 9:40:42 PM EDT
[#8]
I bought my son n law the benchmade gentlemens auto. The spring malfunctioned and I sent it back to them. Quick turn around with no hassles.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 9:53:37 PM EDT
[#9]
will they work on an HK branded bench made?
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 12:41:53 AM EDT
[#10]
I found a before pic of the AFO and before breaking the tip
Attachment Attached File
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top