BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2006 7:24:33 PM EDT
My first auto, Benchmade 2550.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:23:07 AM EDT
[#1]
thats one of my many benchmade auto's.     that is the one i carry with me everyday.

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 10:33:49 PM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 12:01:15 AM EDT
[#3]

l
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 12:03:04 AM EDT
[#4]
What is an Auto Knife??
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 12:18:32 AM EDT
[#5]
STill dont know what an Autoknife is
i see pics? but nothing
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 12:23:53 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
STill dont know what an Autoknife is
i see pics? but nothing

An auto knife is a switchblade, auto is simply a more neutral word.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:05:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I've owned auto's before but been shaky about carrying them. I live in pennsylvania. I usually carry my buck adrenaline in my pocket everyday, it comes in handy for everyday things alot, and it  could also be very useful in self defence need the occasion present itself. So say im carrying an auto, not an otf, but an auto and an officer catch's me with it. Happens to see it or something. Has this happend to anyone?  What in your opinion do you think he would do?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:38:15 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I've owned auto's before but been shaky about carrying them. I live in pennsylvania. I usually carry my buck adrenaline in my pocket everyday, it comes in handy for everyday things alot, and it  could also be very useful in self defence need the occasion present itself. So say im carrying an auto, not an otf, but an auto and an officer catch's me with it. Happens to see it or something. Has this happend to anyone?  What in your opinion do you think he would do?

if your local laws says they are legal I wouldn't think anything would happen.
They are Illegal to carry around here.
I don't know anything about knife fighting tactics, I bought one for the cool geewhiz factor.
Check your local laws.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:41:54 AM EDT
[#9]
The laws vary from state to state.  Here is a pretty good link that may give you some idea of what the laws are where you live.

http://pw1.netcom.com/~brlevine/sta-law.htm#A-H

Where I live in Ohio, It is illegal to sell an auto knife to a non-LEO or military person, but it is not illegal for a non-military/LEO to own or carry an auto knife.  Go figure.

In Ohio although I can own one, local ordinances like in Akron/Columbus may make it illegal to carry one.  Many of these local ordinances have been struck down in the courts however.

There are numerous places on the net where you can buy auto knives.  Most will require you to sign a document indicating that you are an LEO or someone who they can legally sell an auto knife to.  Falsely signing one of these documents probably has other legal ramifications associated with it.

The best place to get one would likely be at a flea market or gun show or by someone selling their collection at AR15.com.  I have built a fairly decent collection by purchasing at these places and at this point I am doing nothing that is legal.  I am going to a gun show Saturday where there will probably be five dealers who have autos in with what they are selling.  You have to look twice to tell if there are autos or not.

Be careful what you buy.  There are auto Italian Stiletto knives that sell for $10 beside one that looks identical for $100.

The $10 one won't last long.  A $400 Microtect may be as sweet as they come until you see a $750 Rainy Vallotton 1 of 50 solid titanium SOF.

The damn things are as much of a sickness as those damn black rifles are.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:55:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Here's mine and yes their just a fast as any posted here in the proper hands:

All the speed without any of the legal ramifications.

Mike
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:36:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Mike

I have two double action knives and I have more fun manually opening them than I do using the button/spring.

In fact it probably is even faster because there is no fumbling involved looking for the button.

Great looking collection BTW.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:00:07 AM EDT
[#12]

I got a good deal on these from a Soldier in Afghanistan.  Such a good deal in fact that I had to buy a half dozen of them.  Mine are a little different however...they say:  "Police Special XXX of 250" on the blade.  Awesome knife.  I carry it daily.

ETA - http://www.benchmade.com/products/product_detail.aspx?model=9100 <---Legal Crap

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:45:19 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
The laws vary from state to state.  Here is a pretty good link that may give you some idea of what the laws are where you live.

http://pw1.netcom.com/~brlevine/sta-law.htm#A-H

Where I live in Ohio, It is illegal to sell an auto knife to a non-LEO or military person, but it is not illegal for a non-military/LEO to own or carry an auto knife.  Go figure.

In Ohio although I can own one, local ordinances like in Akron/Columbus may make it illegal to carry one.  Many of these local ordinances have been struck down in the courts however.

There are numerous places on the net where you can buy auto knives.  Most will require you to sign a document indicating that you are an LEO or someone who they can legally sell an auto knife to.  Falsely signing one of these documents probably has other legal ramifications associated with it.

The best place to get one would likely be at a flea market or gun show or by someone selling their collection at AR15.com.  I have built a fairly decent collection by purchasing at these places and at this point I am doing nothing that is legal.  I am going to a gun show Saturday where there will probably be five dealers who have autos in with what they are selling.  You have to look twice to tell if there are autos or not.

Be careful what you buy.  There are auto Italian Stiletto knives that sell for $10 beside one that looks identical for $100.

The $10 one won't last long.  A $400 Microtect may be as sweet as they come until you see a $750 Rainy Vallotton 1 of 50 solid titanium SOF.

The damn things are as much of a sickness as those damn black rifles are.

WOW! According to that site it is a Class 5 Felony for possession of an auto knife in Colorado, if you are not a LEO or Military.....
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top