Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 10/26/2002 8:38:05 PM EDT
Hi,
I am new to the 50 BMG rifles and I am thinking about getting a AMAC 5100 or Barrett M99. Can you tell me your opinions on these rifles. Pros, Cons, likes & dis-likes. Any information is appreciated.

Thanks,
TK
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 7:22:31 PM EDT
Trench if you were in Camden this weekend I would have gladly let you fire my 5100, I had plenty of extra ammo...but to answer your question, the Barrett is an excellent weapon but I like mine better...
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 4:20:50 AM EDT
The biggest difference in the two is the action, one is a "shell holder" (AMAC) and the other is a true "bolt action" (M99).

Other then that they are probably the same accuracy wise and they both cost about the same.

If you don't know what a "shell holder" is, basically you remove the bolt from the gun, place a round on it and the place the bolt with round back into the gun.
Link Posted: 10/31/2002 9:24:19 AM EDT
have shot both, own the AMAC, I think it is the better weapon, more durable.
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 6:17:56 AM EDT
all i can tell you is what ive been told by others any single shot bmg is great for accuracy and usually more durable I plan on getting the barrett model 99 also ive been told its a very relible gun

you can ask more questions at talk.shooters.com

regester its free go to firearms/airguns and ask anything you want you will get answers from many people from all around the world
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 6:17:03 AM EDT
You can't go wrong with either of these fine weapons . I purchased an AMAC from Kent Lomont about 6 months ago and have been very happy with it. The craftsmanship is excellent and the rifle shoots much better than I will ever be able to. The only dislike is the handgrips and the adjustable cheekpiece which is a little high for a good weld . I fixed both of those with a little shop time and some fine walnut , very easy to do. Other than those little nitpickings the rifle is fantastic, good luck on your choice.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Top Top