Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 9/14/2003 2:19:33 PM EDT
I was thinking about getting a .50 and came across there site. I was wondering if any of you guys have had any experience with them or heard any thing bad. There site is statearms.com if you want to check them out. I was planing on getting the rebel model.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 10:44:00 PM EDT
[#1]
state arms rifles are awsome, they make a really cool light gun that I want sooo bad. the state arms site is down for some reason.

www.statearms.com
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 5:18:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Do it right, save your money and buy an Armalite!
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 5:09:30 PM EDT
[#3]
No, do it right and get a Barrett
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 6:37:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Hey Bro,did you end up buying the state arms 50 off of gunsamerica, the 50 off the top of the page?I was looking at that one myself,great deal on a 50 in my opinion,if you did send us a range report when you get a chance.
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 9:17:57 PM EDT
[#5]
State Arms is a wonderful gun! If you look at the FCSA site at the Championship match you won'y find Barrett or Armalite, but you will find a State Arms in the winners list.
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 10:37:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Awsome rifles. I have a State Arms custom that shoots .5 MOA. It has the 36" Walther bull barrel with 1/9 twist and laminated stock. I have even hit tannerite at 400 and 450 yards...and not with 10-20 shots either. Two shots, two hits..believe it or not!

Barretts are good rifles but nowhere near as accurate as the SA.
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 11:09:54 AM EDT
[#7]
I read a magazine article once, that compared about 5 different .50 rifles. The State Arms either came out on top, or I just had the impression that it was the best (in my mind).
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 10:55:22 AM EDT
[#8]
I was told State Arms is now defunct, that the man who made them is no longer with us (died).  The guy who told me this was shooting one this past weekend while I was at a shoot.  So if you want one you will have to buy it used, cuz' there will be no more!
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 12:18:13 PM EDT
[#9]
State Arms is still in Biz, it was taken over by a guy named Larry. They kept the SA name and still build them the way the original owner did.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 7:54:59 PM EDT
[#10]
That is good to hear,  The one I saw looked to be simple, but well built and finished.
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 4:26:18 PM EDT
[#11]
I own both a State Arms "Knob Creek 2000" and a Serbu BFG 50. The state arms is By far My favorite gun, as it shoots like a dream. It's well built, soots way better that I can (For Now!) and give more of a big push then a kick. It's big (Mine's 62" Overall) and heavy, but I will not EVER be selling this gun!

The info that 50_Shooter said is correct. Klause (The orignal Owner) died tragicly in a freak car crash, but The company carries on. The web site is www.statearms.com
Check them out. You'll like what You see.

Take Care,
Tall Shadow
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 9:09:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 4:42:02 AM EDT
[#13]
CsMfU2,
What is a FCSA site and can you post a shortcut?

Thanks

Dan
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 4:46:49 AM EDT
[#14]
FrankSquid,

quote "It has the 36" Walther bull barrel with 1/9 twist"

I am a to 50s.

I noticed you have a 1-9" twist.

Is there a reason you did not go with the 1-15" twist as in the Rebel?

What is the advantage of a 1-9 over a 1-15 twist?

What kind of trigger does the statearms rifle use? Is it like the AR50s Remmington 700 trigger?

Thanks

Dan
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 9:05:45 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
FrankSquid,

quote "It has the 36" Walther bull barrel with 1/9 twist"

I am a to 50s.

I noticed you have a 1-9" twist.

Is there a reason you did not go with the 1-15" twist as in the Rebel?

What is the advantage of a 1-9 over a 1-15 twist?

What kind of trigger does the statearms rifle use? Is it like the AR50s Remmington 700 trigger?

Thanks

Dan

www.fcsa.org/

I think it's actually 1 in 9.5. The intention is for it to stablize surplus and custom 800+ grain bullets. I even think that Klause made a 900 grain bronze HP! Unfortunatly, it seems that those 1/9 barrels and custom bullets are no longer avilable from State Arms, you can call the current owner to be sure. In any case, I have only shot surplus AP and M33 ball from the rifle and the 1/15 twist is fine for those.

Beekeeper, I think it was EdAvilia that saw your 450 yard Tannerite shot...good luck getting him to admit it.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 5:16:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Man so far my experience with FCSA is .

To view their forums you have to register as a member.

To register as a member you have to pay $35. So I paid with a credit card on November 21.

This is their response:

Hello Dan XXXXX,

Thank you for your FCSA membership application.
Your information has been forwarded to the membership
committee and will be processed immediately.

You should be receiving a membership packet in the mail
shortly.  If you have any questions, please contact the
membership committee at [email protected]

Welcome to FCSA!
The FCSA web team

DAMN A COMMITTEE! Hell all I wanted to do was read the forums  ^%#$%$#.

This is the second email I got from them:

In the current batch – will mail by Tues- Dec 2.

John

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Saturday, November 22, 2003 7:40 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Membership?

Hello,

I just paid $35 for membership and I have not received any conformation yet.

Dan

Wow, I paid with a credit card on the 21st and still can't read a  $##^%  post because I don't have the  $^%#%$  membership package, so I can get a  %$^%#  user name and password.

I am hella dumb.

I shoulda just have donated the money to AR15.com

Link Posted: 11/25/2003 6:33:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Take a deep breath and relax, the FCSA is run mostly by a volunteer staff. You can get a faster reply here or Biggerhammer on a .50 question then you can the FCSA forum. They use to have a good forum (slow) but they've changed it twice and made it private. They do have a visitors forum but I feel as did others at the time that they should just run one board and keep it open for everyone. I guess their commitee felt that they wanted one they could heavily moderate and not get out of control and be over run by trolls like Biggerhammer. Biggerhammer use to be a great board with alot of knowlegable people posting there BUT there's very little moderation and it's VERY EASY to troll the site. If you ever hang out there and watch it, when the trolling starts ALL hell breaks loose!

The best part of the FCSA is their magazine VHP, okay it's the second best as the FCI fighting to keep your .50's is the best. If it wasn't for them you wouldn't even be buying a .50 in Kali right now. If it wasn't for John Burtt a BIG grassroots campaign and some help from the NRA and CRPA over the last two years, .50's would've went the way of the AW's. Our fight isn't over yet, AB50 is a two year bill and you can bet that Koretz will be at it again come the first of the year.

Anyway, try not to get to upset with them as they are doing the best they can with what they have.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 10:04:36 PM EDT
[#18]

Apologies, living in Kali I am used to almost instant gratification. Patience is a virtue and I am still learning at 40.

I got really frustrated when directed to a site from AR15.com and did not get what was expected after PAYING dues.

I got alot to learn, however I am waiting for the outcome.

Not very inviting for a newcomer. If I came across their site first without meeting other people at the range with fifties, I would have thought (most of my friends do) that it is only for a special wealthy few.

Their work maybe admirable, I have yet to see.

Being ignorant and not privelaged to such information except for a SELECT few.

Not informing those inquiring about 50s on their web site, I feel like a blue collar underclass public golfer (which I am if you can't tell by my ranting) trying to find out about a wealthy upperclass private golf course.

Damn hella good PR.

If there is a wait of almost 2 weeks,

for having the privelage of visiting their site,

I would have figured (damn I am dumb) they would have been courteous enough to post that information on their "join their special privileged membership application" site.

WHEW, this poor, working class, blue collar worker is done ranting. (man I really am low class) Now that I got that off my chest I can take a deep breath and relax.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 8:27:55 PM EDT
[#19]
50_Shooter,

Well I finally got a membership letter today from FCSA.

Wow. 25 days. Now i can check their website.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 4:25:26 AM EDT
[#20]
I'm afraid you'll be disappointed with it, it could use some upgrading
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 4:59:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Batch114 has a State Arms "Knob Creek Edition" rifle, and I have put several dozen rounds through it. He has fired several HUNDRED!

No problems at all. It is a good, accurate gun. For whatever reason, I find the Sate Arms rifles the easiest .50 to shoot. The recoil is more like a push, rather than the sharp recoil on other rifles.

They are affordable and accurate, what's not to like?!

Av.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 5:09:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Do you have to remove the bolt to reload a State Arms rifle?
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 5:16:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Skidly,

Yea you are right!

I thought there would be more info, reloaders section etc...

They supposedly put out a quartly magazine but I don't get the last 2004 one. Even though I paid for a year membership I only get 3/4, because of the time of year I joined.

I don't mean to bash anyone in the shooting sports but it has been a big disapointment.

Man, I don't even own a fifty...

just wanted information.......
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 6:18:17 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Do you have to remove the bolt to reload a State Arms rifle?

Yes, at least on the Rebel model. It is a single shot bolt action. The round is placed into the bolt face, and then chambered.

The only issue Batch114 has is that the chamber is pretty tight. It will stick on occasion if he uses the Talon USGI-spec ammo.

It's never anything bad, just whack the bolt handle with the flat of your hand.

Av.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 9:23:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Keep the AR-50, A State Arms "Rebel" is my 1st choice. Put a Night Force 8x32x56 with the NP-R2 reticle on her and you will be shooting whatever you can see! SA is cheaper than the AR-50 too.

FSCA Fiffty Caliber Shooters Assn. www.FCSA.com
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top