Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 9/14/2003 10:01:03 AM EDT
I have come up with a rough idea myself, but I am sure someone can give me a better opinion.

How many rounds of API/Ball does someone have to reload before they have saved enough money to pay for the press, dies, etc.

Is the RCBS setup the way to go for a press?

Thanks for putting up with the newbie.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 3:07:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't reload yet but will eventually.  RCBS and Hornady are basically the same from what I've heard, with the exception that Hornady dies are better for some reason.  Hollywood press makes a real nice semi-progressive and a single stage press but you are going to pay for them.  CH4D for dies and K&M services for case prep tools.  My neighbor uses Hollywood, CH4D, and K&M.  All are top notch and the way to go if you are really serious about loading and shoot enough to warrant the cost.  Either way, your handloads will probably be better than anything you can buy and that is reason enough for me.  

Oh yeah, don't worry about being a newbie. I still am too!
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 3:47:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Sydwaiz,
Just don't break his primer pocket trimmer LOL!! D'oh, hee hee...
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top