Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 11:57:17 AM EDT
[#1]
How is the trigger pull on these? Not gonna lie... my Tavor is the only bullpup rifle I own because I have the amazing Geissele trigger pack and bow for it.
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 2:31:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How is the trigger pull on these? Not gonna lie... my Tavor is the only bullpup rifle I own because I have the amazing Geissele trigger pack and bow for it.
View Quote
Very plastic like. It's long and creepy.
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 8:09:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Terrible by AR standards. I also have an X95 and the X has a much better trigger. This being said, it's workable and I have no intention of changing anything. Buy a FS2000 for its unique features, and love them. You will not like it if you compare handling and performance to a quality AR.
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 6:08:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
That's correct regarding standard vs Tactical.

I want to know about F2000 Tactical vs FS2000 Tactical.
I couldn't find the answer on FNforum.
View Quote
It's a weird quark of how these guns were brought in. The regulated part elsewhere in the world is often the pressure vessel, ie the barrel/bolt. You'll notice on your FS2000 that is also serialized. When these were first brought in the idea was to change as little as possible to save on production cost. The FS2000 doesnt really have a receiver in the conventional sense, so when they were first imported it was argued that the stock assembly with it's serial number could serve as the receiver for the American market given the laws specific to the US governing firearms. To that effect there is a blocking bar in the stock as that portion had to be there to comply with NFA rules and the readily convertible standard.  Now ignoring the fact that the gen 1 packs have the forward safety sear before that was removed on request, the front of the semi auto packs are notched to clear that bar which prevents the install of the auto packs.

Fast forward a bit and ATF decides that serials engraved directly in plastic are not ideal and the stock is not in keeping with what typically gets classified as the receiver and you get serials on the top rails of the tactical models (the first commercial one were the green batch then the black). Later you would see the left hand side of the barrel housing group on the Standard (factory optic model) get serialized as well. Off the top of my head I'm not sure if any of the commercial Standard models made it out without that there as they were brought in later, but there were FA F2000's that made it in without it, not to mention replacement parts.

I suppose that's a bit of a convoluted explanation, but if you keep in mind how long the FTISB approval and import processes can take it will make a bit more sense.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 6:25:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

It's a weird quark of how these guns were brought in. The regulated part elsewhere in the world is often the pressure vessel, ie the barrel/bolt. You'll notice on your FS2000 that is also serialized. When these were first brought in the idea was to change as little as possible to save on production cost. The FS2000 doesnt really have a receiver in the conventional sense, so when they were first imported it was argued that the stock assembly with it's serial number could serve as the receiver for the American market given the laws specific to the US governing firearms. To that effect there is a blocking bar in the stock as that portion had to be there to comply with NFA rules and the readily convertible standard.  Now ignoring the fact that the gen 1 packs have the forward safety sear before that was removed on request, the front of the semi auto packs are notched to clear that bar which prevents the install of the auto packs.

Fast forward a bit and ATF decides that serials engraved directly in plastic are not ideal and the stock is not in keeping with what typically gets classified as the receiver and you get serials on the top rails of the tactical models (the first commercial one were the green batch then the black). Later you would see the left hand side of the barrel housing group on the Standard (factory optic model) get serialized as well. Off the top of my head I'm not sure if any of the commercial Standard models made it out without that there as they were brought in later, but there were FA F2000's that made it in without it, not to mention replacement parts.

I suppose that's a bit of a convoluted explanation, but if you keep in mind how long the FTISB approval and import processes can take it will make a bit more sense.
View Quote
There's a serial number on the barrel and bolt?
I can't seem to find them, where are they?
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 6:40:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

There's a serial number on the barrel and bolt?
I can't seem to find them, where are they?
View Quote
On the barrel, bolts werent that I recall.  On the top two thirds of the way between the gas block and the flash hider. All of the green stock tactical models will have them serialized. I'm not 100% sure on later production guns, but I dont recall coming across an F2000 or FS2000 barrel, on or off a gun for that matter, that wasnt serialized.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 6:42:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Oh very interesting.
Mine only has the caliber and FN stamps on it.
Serial is 50k+, black
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 6:53:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Oh very interesting.
Mine only has the caliber and FN stamps on it.
Serial is 50k+, black
View Quote
I'd have to research how the serial range is broken down, but yeah that would be a latter one just going from memory. It may have been left off or moved later in production, so you could check under the clamshell but it's a bit of a pain especially since replacement parts availability is what it is if you loose or break something. I dont have any high serial guns available for reference to double check myself. 5k tactical models for instance have it on the barrel, the stock, and the left hand side of the top rail. Though I have seen that serial in a  couple different locations varying by production range as well if you are talking about F2000's and FS2000's  tactical models' production as a whole.
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 12:07:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I have a suppressed Walther P22 that I've never cleaned and has never had a misfire....but I don't go telling everyone it's a reliable firearm either.  My point is there is always one out there...my guess is his ran so well due to the excessive use.  For example, I can't get a mag out of my FS2000 without putting the rifle on the ground, stepping on it, and yanking as hard as I can.  Maybe after 5000 rounds it would 'break in'.
View Quote
It means your dust wipers are not seated right, or your mags don't fit the GI profile. You can get replacement wipers at Midwest Gun Works.

Mine has been stupid good, except people HK-slap the charging handle a lot.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top