Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2017 12:40:59 AM EDT
Gents,

Looking at picking up what looks like a pretty clean OD PS90, but if you touch the barrel, it wiggles side to side just a hair. I have no experience beyond a P90, is this normal?

Will post pics if it is normal
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 2:44:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Perfectly normal and exactly what FN designed it to do.

It'll really flip your noodle when you feel it move forward and back or rotate when you turn it.  But again, it's perfectly normal, is designed to do so and doesn't affect accuracy.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 10:13:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 1:49:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Not only is it supposed to wiggle, the small toothpick thick hole they drill into the barrel up by the flash hider is supposed to be there as well.  When I first got mine, I was furious that someone tried to drill my barrel to maybe remove the pin the holds the flash hider on.  But after calling the gun store, they sent me picks of three others with the same hole.  I looked it up online as well, and it is normal.  

Just thought I would tell you about it before you discover it while cleaning and crap your pants.

You can see the little hole in the barrel by the flash hider in this picture if you look closely.  

Enjoy the gun!
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 1:47:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not only is it supposed to wiggle, the small toothpick thick hole they drill into the barrel up by the flash hider is supposed to be there as well.  When I first got mine, I was furious that someone tried to drill my barrel to maybe remove the pin the holds the flash hider on.  But after calling the gun store, they sent me picks of three others with the same hole.  I looked it up online as well, and it is normal.  

Just thought I would tell you about it before you discover it while cleaning and crap your pants.

You can see the little hole in the barrel by the flash hider in this picture if you look closely.  

https://fnamerica.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/PS90_Rotators_-1800x750.jpg

Enjoy the gun!
View Quote
You do know that what you're calling the barrel is actually just a barrel shroud right?? The flash hider and shroud are a single piece that retains the barrel in the action. You remove that pin, many ways to do that, and unscrew the barrel from the shroud, remove shroud and then convert to an SBR or put on one of the aftermarket shrouds that are threaded for suppressor use. The shroud is like a long, round retaining nut. Just an FYI in case you didn't know.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top