Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2017 12:40:40 AM EDT
If I wanted to take my V cog off my AR (calibrated for 55gr 5.56) and put it on my SCAR while shooting 147gr how much of a difference would we be talking in terms of what the BDC says and what the round is actually doing? Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 3:31:52 AM EDT
[#1]
This is with some canned velocity numbers I pulled off a Google search for M80 ball out of a 16.5" barrel.  This is assuming you're actually shooting M80 ball and not reloads with vastly different velocity numbers.

Attachment Attached File

I can make it a little more close to your actual scenario if you have some actual velocity numbers from your particular gun with the specific load you're using.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 11:48:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Make certain you have the correct height over bore as well, the default number (AR height) is less than the actual scar height.

Download Strelok and play with sighting in a little low or high at 100 meters ... you should be able to fine tune your drop to suit your bdc stadia better assuming you have all your dope data correct.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top