Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/30/2013 2:19:11 PM EDT
I'm looking for some feedback on FN FS2000 mags.
I've got 6 of them NIB that I picked up for a decent price (yes, I panic bought them) to run in my AR's.
I know they don't allow for last round hold open, but other than that, is there anything else I should know?
Are they good quality wise?
I haven't used them yet as I have 20 USGI mags in rotation right now plus 60+ other mags (magpul, troy, usgi, fn, etc) sitting in ammo cans waiting on a rainy day.

Thanks in advance for the feedback.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 6:59:50 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't follow.  I thought the FS2000 took regular AR15/ STANAG mags?
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 7:08:50 AM EDT
[#2]
They do....for the most part. The FS2000 won't accept p-mags, E-mags or lancers and does not have a bolt hold open feature.
It will take other non-polymer NATO mags though.
Because I bought FN mags made specifically for the FS2000 which does not have a bolt hold open feature, the mags will not hold open an empty AR.

I do not own an FS2000 and will use these in my AR's. I want to hear feedback from people that have used these (in an AR or FS2000) on how the quality is.
Basically are these mags G2G or future trade-bait?
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 7:12:17 AM EDT
[#3]
The steel FNH mags are some of the best available.

Notice I said steel. They also seem to fit the magwell a bit tighter than most of the GI mags I have.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 7:27:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Mine are definitely steel; they're very heavy and cost me $26. A piece.

Can the followers be swapped out so the last shot hold open would work on an AR?
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 2:26:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Not sure what you mean by not holding it open. The two black steel mags that came with my fs2000 work great in my ar and always hold the bolt back,
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 3:50:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Magazines that ship with the fs2000 are black aluminum d&h magazines with green followers.

Magazines that ship with the f2000 are FNC magazines and are made of steel. These do no have followers that will lock the bolt back in an ar15, but you can replace the followers with ar15 followers.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 4:55:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Magazines that ship with the fs2000 are black aluminum d&h magazines with green followers.

Magazines that ship with the f2000 are FNC magazines and are made of steel. These do no have followers that will lock the bolt back in an ar15, but you can replace the followers with ar15 followers.
View Quote

Mine are FNH mags in a blue and white box. They do not have the hold open feature.
These are the ones I am requesting feedback about.
I wasn't aware FN shipped some guns with D&H mags; sorry for any confusion.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 6:46:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Mine are FNH mags in a blue and white box. They do not have the hold open feature.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The magazines FNH sells for the fs2000 on their website are FNC magazines. They do this because the F/FS2000 does not have a BHO feature.

The magazines you have are FNC magazines, and yes, they can use m16 followers and gain a BHO function in ar15/m16 weapons.
Link Posted: 11/14/2013 11:54:51 AM EDT
[#9]
The magazine that came with my FS/2000 does hold the bolt open in an AR.  I don't have a SCAR to test against but I would think FN would be selling BHO mags in the US since they don't sell the FNC anymore to civilians.
Link Posted: 11/14/2013 12:16:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Correct, the magazine that comes with rifle is not an FNC magazine, and will hold a bolt open. "Legit" issue F2000 magazines, and those that FNH sells separately are FNC magazines.
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 7:55:33 AM EDT
[#11]
so FS2000 always came with a D&H Magazine?   I thought people were complaining that the magazine that came with their FS2000 was junk.   If it was D&H, that doesn't make sense.
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 10:39:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
so FS2000 always came with a D&H Magazine?   I thought people were complaining that the magazine that came with their FS2000 was junk.   If it was D&H, that doesn't make sense.
View Quote

Some very early guns came with FN magazines, but the ones with problems were indeed D&H. The Magazines are great, but the green followers are notorious for being chincy and unreliable, in various accounts. The installation of a magpul follower made my magazines work 100%.
Link Posted: 1/1/2014 4:51:25 PM EDT
[#13]
I bought ten steel FNC\FS2000 Mags from Cabelas in September for $19 each.  They most certainly hold the bolt open on my LWRC and my SCAR.  The same part number is advertised as an optional mag for the SCAR on the FN website.  FN PN #3906010119.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top