Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2017 8:56:42 AM EDT
I dont remember if it was on here or not but I had quite a few people ask to post pics when I got the large front pin conversion done from M6060 (thanks for the recommendation by the way).. looks pretty damn good

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 9:31:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice! Mind sharing the conversion price?
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 9:55:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice! Mind sharing the conversion price?
View Quote
Wasn't sure I still had the email but here it is copied directly from the email

Convert $176.00
Make the conversion "more hidden" add $36.00
Shipping $18.00 Add more if you want insurance.  (If this is a NFA item, shipping is $26 for USPS Registered)
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 12:04:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks good.  Definitely worth the money.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 1:15:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks great, probably added more than $230 of value.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 2:59:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for sharing bud! Is yours with the more hidden option?
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 3:08:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys.. ya I am pretty happy with the work.. Right when I sent this out someone posted that they had like 5 large pin uppers for sale (maybe on uzitalk? dont remember). I probably would have never got this done if that post was posted a week before, glad I went this route though

and yes this is the "more hidden" option.. I laughed a little when I saw that in the email quote lol
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 10:33:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Could we get a pic of front or bottom where the roll pins are?
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 9:21:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Could we get a pic of front or bottom where the roll pins are?
View Quote
Its still on a form 4, John from NFAsales was nice enough to send it out for work while I wait.. I may get pictures from him but the storm hit us both, him more-so, so I'm going to leave him alone for now and get some pictures later
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 4:14:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Looks good. I thought about having this done but I admit to being paranoid about sending my lower out for any kind of optional work.

In the end I've got a lot of big pin uppers in various configurations.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 7:02:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Looks good. I thought about having this done but I admit to being paranoid about sending my lower out for any kind of optional work.

In the end I've got a lot of big pin uppers in various configurations.
View Quote
Between John at nfasales that was nice enough to send it out while I waited and m60joe, they both probably wanted to kill me after weeks of annoying them. When John sent it out I think it took like 2 weeks to get delivered which apparently is normal for registered mail but it was brutallll waiting for it to get to safe hands. All worked out though, should have it in a few months
Link Posted: 11/15/2017 11:14:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Between John at nfasales that was nice enough to send it out while I waited and m60joe, they both probably wanted to kill me after weeks of annoying them. When John sent it out I think it took like 2 weeks to get delivered which apparently is normal for registered mail but it was brutallll waiting for it to get to safe hands. All worked out though, should have it in a few months
View Quote
My RR disappeared for 90 days while the post office looked for it. It was mailed to me in August and then it never showed up! Waited, called, emailed, called PO, Called POPo, sent letter to ATF, filled out paperwork for PO insurance claim, Talked with local Postmaster about their loss of my mg, waited 90 days for payout from PO and then...... Mailman drops off my MG just short of the payout date. 90 days missing with no explanation, never again!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 7:58:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

My RR disappeared for 90 days while the post office looked for it. It was mailed to me in August and then it never showed up! Waited, called, emailed, called PO, Called POPo, sent letter to ATF, filled out paperwork for PO insurance claim, Talked with local Postmaster about their loss of my mg, waited 90 days for payout from PO and then...... Mailman drops off my MG just short of the payout date. 90 days missing with no explanation, never again!!!!!!!!!!
View Quote
I can't even imagine, what a nightmare...
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 11:15:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I can't even imagine, what a nightmare...
View Quote
Mine wasn't even lost and it was a nightmare lol. Registered mail, being so secure and all you would think it would give you updates but my tracking didn't update between a, b ,c, d like a regular package shipping does, it was just a few weeks then all the sudden said delivered. Doesn't make sense to me why they do this, I assume people ship some expensive stuff registered mail, not to mention I've heard USPS "payout day" isn't such a payout all the time......
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 11:17:17 AM EDT
[#14]
edit
Link Posted: 11/28/2017 11:26:08 AM EDT
[#15]
How did you ship it? USPS?

I need to send him my SP1 RR soon - the sear hole needs to be repaired.
Link Posted: 11/28/2017 12:11:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
How did you ship it? USPS?

I need to send him my SP1 RR soon - the sear hole needs to be repaired.
View Quote
I was told USPS Registered was the safest (I believe it ships in a caged container and is signed for every switch of hands).

That being said I would make a new post about it. Even if it is the safest, my tracking didnt update the whole time (for the most part) so it suckedddd checking for updates on the USPS website.

Also, to add to that point, USPS stiffed me on an insured package before. It wasn't a lot, maybe a couple hundred bucks, but it was insured for that amount. I dont want to talk negative cause I cant provide all the details but I am pretty sure I provided a reciept, etc and still didnt get my full amount, but my dealer insisted USPS was best for my SP1 at the time so I went with it (he said hes never lost a gun or had one damaged with USPS and I think hes been around for decades).

For what its worth, I remember buying my first MG from Ruben which had a minor issue (he made it right and some extra, which was par for the course for the price I paid ) and he ships FedEx.
Link Posted: 11/28/2017 2:36:25 PM EDT
[#17]
No experience with Registered Mail, but I recently used FedEx Priority Overnight to ship my Oly/PAWS RR from an out-of-state dealer to my local FFL/SOT.

I used my FedEx account to generate an e-mailed prepaid shipping label for the out-of-state dealer.

The MG got to my FFL/SOT safely the next day.  The only glitches were:

1) The status updates during transit were not timely, no messages from after package pickup until arrival at my local FedEx station, so I was worried it had disappeared en route; and

2) Priority Overnight delivers before 10:30 a.m., my dealer wasn't open yet when the FedEx guy came at 8:30 a.m. and had to re-deliver at noon

I'll probably use Standard Overnight next time (deliver before 3 p.m.)

-----

I've also used FedEx 2Day to ship guns to and from John Andrewski for upgrades and refinishing, no problems at all, even the status messages were on time, go figure.

-----

I never get insurance from FedEx, as the rates are so high that you might as well get a firearms insurance policy for all your stuff from a reputable insurer - I use Eastern Insurance (my only connection is as a customer), which was recommended in this thread: Anyone have firearms insurance for NFA stuff? - AR15.com
Link Posted: 11/28/2017 3:02:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
No experience with Registered Mail, but I recently used FedEx Priority Overnight to ship my Oly/PAWS RR from an out-of-state dealer to my local FFL/SOT.

I used my FedEx account to generate an e-mailed prepaid shipping label for the out-of-state dealer.

The MG got to my FFL/SOT safely the next day.  The only glitches were:

1) The status updates during transit were not timely, no messages from after package pickup until arrival at my local FedEx station, so I was worried it had disappeared en route; and

2) Priority Overnight delivers before 10:30 a.m., my dealer wasn't open yet when the FedEx guy came at 8:30 a.m. and had to re-deliver at noon

I'll probably use Standard Overnight next time (deliver before 3 p.m.)

-----

I've also used FedEx 2Day to ship guns to and from John Andrewski for upgrades and refinishing, no problems at all, even the status messages were on time, go figure.

-----

I never get insurance from FedEx, as the rates are so high that you might as well get a firearms insurance policy for all your stuff from a reputable insurer - I use Eastern Insurance (my only connection is as a customer), which was recommended in this thread: Anyone have firearms insurance for NFA stuff? - AR15.com
View Quote
Overnights sounds so much better than what I did

Ill also add that I confirmed with Eastern before I shipped mine that it is indeed fulled covered for "lost" in shipping purposes (that may be obvious, but since I was technically leaving it in the hands of someone else I had to double check)
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 5:39:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Thanks! I have Eastern too...

Yes I'm not looking forward to putting my lower in the mail. Going to to ship it in a pelican case (small, only the lower with trigger).

I'll do a bit more research, he is off work until the end of July so I'll just shoot it and hope for the best until then. The sear hole is a little egged and the pin moves a bit
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 5:47:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 5:51:01 PM EDT
[#21]
I have a Sons of Liberty Gun Works 11.5" upper and my Specwar 5.56 on it now. Stripped it completely and built back with all new parts (SSF Trigger)

Link Posted: 12/10/2017 9:52:34 PM EDT
[#22]
I got a Sendra a few years back. I didn't get the SP1 because I didn't want to mess with the pin. This makes me wish I had got the SP1.
.... Although I have no complaints about my Sendra.
Link Posted: 12/14/2017 5:15:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Still an M16!!

Sucks I have to get it "refurbished" but as long as it can be run without issue I don't care. As a conversion it is not a collector piece, and I'm going to run the shit out of it.
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top