Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 6:44:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Beta-C reliability?

I’ve never owned a beta, but I do own some soumi drums and some Magpul D-60s. Both have been fantastic. Never shot the D60 true full auto, but it bumpfires like a champ.

iraqiveteran8888 has some XProduct Drums and they always seem terrible on his M16 full auto.
View Quote
D-60's are dead nuts reliable in FA. I can't comment on how well they would do if you hopped it up to 1200 RPM but hope to find out eventually.

Real Beta's are good to go. They need to be lubed and kept relatively clean for good function.

I thought about buying one of the Korean ones just to see if they work well too. Their Glock magazines have always worked well for me.
Link Posted: 4/1/2019 12:58:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Finally made it to the range to try the upper out. Couldn't get the bolt to drop,had to remove the internal suppressor gas block. After removal no problem, ran flawless. Semi & full. Lage did their homework on this one. Very controllable. Can't wait to see what Lage comes up with next.
Link Posted: 4/1/2019 3:51:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Hopefully a sub $5k BELTFED.

Not out ofnthebrealm of possibility. In fact, an open-bolt piston driven beltfed makes a lot of sense
Link Posted: 4/2/2019 4:12:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Not out ofnthebrealm of possibility. In fact, an open-bolt piston driven beltfed makes a lot of sense
View Quote
That might be possible, but with my limited experience I have found that a belt fed system really needs a quick change barrel system. A 200 round belt gets the barrel pretty darn hot. But that is only around 20 to 30 seconds of running.  So to me the  cheapest belt feed set up might not be the best set up.  SAW barrels can be found  from $350 that might be shot out to over $1,200 each for brand new. Certainly the  SAW system could be adapted,  but what would that cost? I  would imagine a deal could be struck with FN,  but how many sets of parts would be a minimum order?   The bolt group would need to be adapted to the Mac style fire control and a housing (adapter) for the SAW parts would need to be engineered, tested, and submitted to the FATD. How much would all that cost?

The Tenko adapter has been tested with the Shrike,  but at $3k for the Tenko plus $4k for the MCR, that's 2k over the $5k budget.  Belt fed anything is not cheap. Custom made anything is three or four times the cost of of the shelf parts. While the concept sounds cool, access to parts is the biggest problem. With a semiautomatic SAW at over $7,000, a custom version for Mac style RRs for $5,000 doesn't seem to very likely to me. YMMV.

Scott
Link Posted: 4/2/2019 8:53:19 PM EDT
[#5]
My number just came up 750 and having to pass. Was hoping to have another year or so before my number came up. Will call tomorrow to see about being out on a second list.
Link Posted: 4/3/2019 8:34:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Certainly let us know what Jackie says. Who knows how long before production comes back around. The next model is the Max-11A1/15, then the Max-10/15. After that I would imagine each model will go into the production rotation. Just like most any other Lage upper, there would need to be 50 on the list before that upper would be in the production que.  That might be a while. I don't know this for a fact, but this has been how Lage has done his production. As I recall the list for the Max-11/15 was around 1,000. So he should be caught up in a couple of months. How long will it take to get 50 on a list, I don't know. But if you don't want the upper for a year, maybe that will work out.

Scott
Link Posted: 4/3/2019 10:36:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Funny thing about the list.  I emailed sometime late in the process and was #8xx on the list.  A little disappointed but not really as I don't get out and shoot NFA often.  So when the number being called was in the 200's and I got an email I thought wow, a lot of people must have cancelled.   Funny thing is about a year before I emailed to be on the list at place #8xx,  I emailed and was in the 200's.  Lol.  So I have my 11/15 and I'll probably be emailed again for my position in the 800's.
Link Posted: 4/3/2019 2:27:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Certainly let us know what Jackie says. Who knows how long before production comes back around. The next model is the Max-11A1/15, then the Max-10/15. After that I would imagine each model will go into the production rotation. Just like most any other Lage upper, there would need to be 50 on the list before that upper would be in the production que.  That might be a while. I don't know this for a fact, but this has been how Lage has done his production. As I recall the list for the Max-11/15 was around 1,000. So he should be caught up in a couple of months. How long will it take to get 50 on a list, I don't know. But if you don't want the upper for a year, maybe that will work out.

Scott
View Quote
Quoted:

Funny thing about the list.  I emailed sometime late in the process and was #8xx on the list.  A little disappointed but not really as I don't get out and shoot NFA often.  So when the number being called was in the 200's and I got an email I thought wow, a lot of people must have cancelled.   Funny thing is about a year before I emailed to be on the list at place #8xx,  I emailed and was in the 200's.  Lol.  So I have my 11/15 and I'll probably be emailed again for my position in the 800's.
View Quote
I was 750 and had to pass. It was hard for me to do bc I really wanted one, but after 2 surgeries on my wife late last year and my paid off car getting totaled a few weeks back and having to buy another I was not in the position to buy a 3K accessory.

I did email Lage back and requested to be put on a second list and this was my reply from them.

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. I will go ahead and move you to the bottom of the list. We actually estimate to be caught up in about 3-4 months and have these in stock.
Link Posted: 4/3/2019 4:54:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Sorry to hear of your rough times. I am sure there will be some stock once they have gone through the list. After that is gone, I wonder how long it would be until there is another full list and the upper goes back into production.

Scott
Link Posted: 4/4/2019 10:22:10 AM EDT
[#10]
at this rate, my number will be up soon, and I may likely pass...
Link Posted: 4/4/2019 3:39:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
at this rate, my number will be up soon, and I may likely pass...
View Quote
I literally just got my email from Jackie now... I have 7 days to decide which version, if any, I want...
Link Posted: 4/4/2019 8:12:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I literally just got my email from Jackie now... I have 7 days to decide which version, if any, I want...
View Quote
What number were you? I was 750 I think.
Link Posted: 4/8/2019 7:19:10 AM EDT
[#13]
I had to do a hard pass also, it wasn't money but I had surgery on my ear and was just cooped up in the bed for a while.
Link Posted: 4/10/2019 6:42:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Was just emailed again for my 2nd time I joined the list, somewhere in the 800's.   Already have mine and don't need a 2nd.  
Link Posted: 6/8/2019 7:23:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
same thing, but they found my previous number for me
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I didn’t check my civilian email for over a week, lost my number, had to rereqeust for a number??
same thing, but they found my previous number for me
My new number upper arrived on 5 June, Feb to June for the new number.
Link Posted: 6/10/2019 10:45:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Love mine. Has anybody found a good LMG style handguard that would be compatible on the max11/15. I did see one with a modified COLT LMT barrel on YouTube..
Link Posted: 6/10/2019 9:12:45 PM EDT
[#17]
I finally was able to try mine out last week.  It ran flawlessly and I'm glad I decided to go through with the purchase.
Link Posted: 6/11/2019 11:57:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
That might be possible, but with my limited experience I have found that a belt fed system really needs a quick change barrel system. A 200 round belt gets the barrel pretty darn hot. But that is only around 20 to 30 seconds of running.  So to me the  cheapest belt feed set up might not be the best set up.  SAW barrels can be found  from $350 that might be shot out to over $1,200 each for brand new. Certainly the  SAW system could be adapted,  but what would that cost? I  would imagine a deal could be struck with FN,  but how many sets of parts would be a minimum order?   The bolt group would need to be adapted to the Mac style fire control and a housing (adapter) for the SAW parts would need to be engineered, tested, and submitted to the FATD. How much would all that cost?

The Tenko adapter has been tested with the Shrike,  but at $3k for the Tenko plus $4k for the MCR, that's 2k over the $5k budget.  Belt fed anything is not cheap. Custom made anything is three or four times the cost of of the shelf parts. While the concept sounds cool, access to parts is the biggest problem. With a semiautomatic SAW at over $7,000, a custom version for Mac style RRs for $5,000 doesn't seem to very likely to me. YMMV.

Scott
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Scott
My mileage does vary but your repetitive, tired response to a possible Lage belt doesn’t. And you love and respect his work, you make different products, you don’t consider him a competitor — we know. Goddamn. If there is one thing that needs your wet blanket, it sure as hell isn’t anything Richard produces.

ETA: And yeah, the 11/15 is nuts banana. I can’t wait for the a1.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top